Australia PR SkillSelect Job Occupation List 2020

Australia PR Job List 2018-2019. Skilled 189, 190 visa with state nomination for faster processing. Monthly draw for ANZSCO code with minimum 65 points to apply.

By Anil Gupta          Updated  24 Feb, 20

SOL List Australia 2019-20

Skilled occupation list Australia is divided into 3 separate parts called SOL (Short-term Skilled Occupation List), MLTSSL (Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List) and ROL (Regional Occupation List).

You should have your job profile in one of the lists to be eligible to file Australia skilled Permanent residency application known as Expression of Interest (EOI). Australia immigration has an online tool to submit EOI known as SkillSelect.

The first step is to find your Job profile ANZSCO code from above list and then check your Australia PR points (calculator).

How Many Points are Required for Australia PR?

Australia PR requires minimum 65 points to file Expression of Interest. The more points you get, the higher chances you have for PR selection.

Which Occupations are in Demand in Australia

The list of jobs in demand in Australia is given above.

Australia SkillSelect ‘Date Of Effect’ for Invitations

Date of effect is the date you submitted your SkillSelect EOI application. This date changes whenever you make a change to your EOI and re-submit.

It is shown clearly on your SkillSelect profile. Just log in and see the date mentioned there.

Australia SkillSelect ‘Pro-Rata’ Invitations meaning

Pro-rata means that dividing the total number of invitations available are divided into number of months, to make sure that equal number of invitations are available every month.

Example: Pro-Rate

Lets say that for ‘Software Engineers’ job, Australia plans to issue about 15000 invitations from July to June. Then, they will divide the 15000 by 12 to reach at the number of 1250 per month.

So, they will restrict issuing invitations to ‘Software Engineers’ category to about 1250 per month. This is just an example to explain pro-rata. Actual number of invitations may be different.

Example: Date of Effect (DOE)

Date of effect for Software Engineer was 11/04/2018 6:05 PM (11 April, 2018). It is the END date that was considered for 11 July 2018 Australia SkillSelect draw.
Anybody who had achieved a score of 75 before that date and time was invited in 11 July draw. If you reached the 75 point on 22 July, 2018, your EOI would not even be considered in this draw.

Australia PR SkillSelect Job Occupation List for 189, 190 visa

• MLTSSL = Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List
  • STSOL = Short-term Skilled Occupation List
  • ROL = Regional Occupation List

Australia

1. US2AUS
    US2AUS

Hello,

How would we know which ANZSCO code Jobs are available at what state in Australia? This information would help submitting the EOI when applying by giving our preference to increase our chance of invitation.

Thank you very much.

2. rakeshjoshi
    rakeshjoshi

I am working with stock broking company since last 11 years and my age is 42 years. Recently I had given IELTS exam and got 6.5 band.
    I would like to know chances of getting PR visa for Australia(regional/province) also let me know reliable MARA agent/agency.
    Thanks and Regards,

Hi @rakeshjoshi

The first step is to find if your job is part of the Australia occupation list or not.

The second step is to find your total Australia points.

Once you are done with these two, come back here and then we can suggest next step.

4. Priyanka_Kamuni
    Priyanka_Kamuni

Hello Anil

I have a query about SOL LIST Australia 2019-20. For few jobs, under their Anzsco codes the states are mentioned like Q.land, NSW etc. But for few codes they are not mentioned.

For eg : 262113. This job code doesn’t have any location/state mentioned under it.
    What does it mean?

Could you please clarify it?

Thanks in advance.

5. Priyanka_Kamuni
    Priyanka_Kamuni

Hello Anil

It prompts that ‘Sorry new users cannot put the links in posts’.

So I have just pasted the page name below. Hope you will be able to access it.

aus australia-pr-skillselect-job-occupation-list

The page was last updated on Nov 19th.

My job code : 262113.

1. Ramesh Bhandari
    Ramesh Bhandari 20 Feb, 19 at 10:15 am

sir my code is 221111(Accountant General)…..i am getting 70 points without adding any state sponsorship points,(Lesser points due to age but i carry multiple indian degrees like CA, CMA, Mcom, Bcom(HONOURS) with some ranks in merit list PLUS Experience of 14 years…….,,,i am told in 489 subclass visa there is addition of 10 points…that will make 80 points?? Possibility of TR?? Benefits of TR considering that my age will be 42 years in may 2019…Can 489 ensure PR after 2 years???

You have a pathway to Australia PR if you start with 489 but there is no guarantee as such. If you work in Australia using 489 visa, you do get extra points.

For 189 and 190, there is no chance if invite for 221111 Accountant General with 70 points at this time. You should probably try 489 if you can get an opportunity.

• Ramesh Bhandari
        Ramesh Bhandari 23 Feb, 19 at 8:44 am

what next after 489 (If 489 is granted then)? Does that guarantee PR (if i work there for 2 years)after 2 years?? as age reaches around 44 after 2 years…..after 2 years free to move anywhere??

There is no guarantee of anything. It all depends on your situation and immigration rules at the time of applying for PR.

2. Sahil
    Sahil 20 Feb, 19 at 11:41 am

Hi, i have applied eoi skillselect 19th December for job profile ICT business analyst. For 189 my points are 70 and for 190 it is 75 and applied for new south Wales Please advise if i will get ita, if yes what are the tentative timelines for waiting

3. varshitha kolli
    varshitha kolli 20 Feb, 19 at 2:24 am

Hello there, I am going to pursue masters of food science and technology in Australia Since, my occupation is not in SOL will that affect my chances of PR.

Your question is open ended. Please ask clear questions with ANZSCO code that you think you want to use in your future application.
      What PR visa are you targeting?

• varshitha kolli
        varshitha kolli 20 Feb, 19 at 10:04 am

234214- Food Technologist. Since, I am not eligible for 189PT stream I have to look for another option after finishing my studies in Australia.

4. mir
    mir 18 Feb, 19 at 11:22 am

Hello. Is pursuing an MBA in Australia pointless, both PR and job scope wise?

You question is not clear. Please ask to-the-point questions.
      No education is useless if you intent to work in the area of your study.

If you only objective to study is to migrate to Australia, then you can choose any area of study from the vast list of occupations.

• mir
        mir 18 Feb, 19 at 11:57 am

Yes, my plan is to migrate to Australia. I plan on pursuing an MBA degree. I’ve been told by friends, colleagues, consultancies, etc. that studying an MBA in hopes of migration is pointless and suggest something like accounting. However, an MBA degree is what I’m interested in.

5. meeru s
    meeru s 18 Feb, 19 at 3:05 am

this URL https://www.am22tech.com/aus/australia-pr-skillselect-job-occupation-list/ shows current state of points for which invite will be sent and also shows pro-rata. Is it the original site? or is same thing available somewhere on australian immigration website? curious to know actual URL where this data is shown

The actual Australian draw data is shared by Australia immigration on their own website.

6. Mona
    Mona 17 Feb, 19 at 9:39 pm

It is mentioned in the points table that “Your partner’s nominated skilled occupation must be on the same skilled occupations list as your nominated skilled occupation”, and my skill occupation is listed as STSOL while my husband’s skill is MLTSSL, does this mean that we can’t gain the partner 5 points?

You cannot claim spouse points if your occupation list is different which in your case is different.

• Mona
        Mona 18 Feb, 19 at 6:34 pm

7. Romil Usadadiya
    Romil Usadadiya 17 Feb, 19 at 10:43 am

if i complete my Masters in Engineering Manager from Australia and after that is there any issue of degree assessment because i heard that for PR they need 5 years of experience in same field at nominal level and 2 Years of experience at top level of engineer manager to get invitation for PR. Is it true?

8. suganthy n
    suganthy n 17 Feb, 19 at 9:09 am

I am a software engineer (261314) and my spouse is a biotechnologist (234514).
    Q1: Are both coming in the same occupation list? Because some websites does not show 234514 under MLTSSL.
    Q2: If my spouse gets a certificate showing medium of instruction as english for his bachelor degree from his university, is it enough for competent english?
    Kindly advice.
    Thanks.

If you looked at the occupation list, then you and your spouse job code do NOT fall in same job list.

To prove competent English for Australia PR, your spouse need to take English Language test.
      Simple medium of study in English certificate is ONLY valid to prove spouse’s FUNCTIONAL English and not competent.

To claim spouse points, your spouse should have at-least competent English.

• suganthy n
        suganthy n 18 Feb, 19 at 7:53 am

Thanks for your response. I understand that my spouse should prove competent English. But i did find our both occupation codes 234514 and 261314 under MLTSSL in the link you provided. Should i look in some other job list ? I even got positive assessment in your points calculator after mentioning the job code.

Earlier, you mentioned the job code as 261314 which is for Software TESTER and it belongs to STSOL.

Now, you are comparing job code 261313 (Software Engineer) and 234514 which indeed belong to same job list i.e. MLTSSL.

Please be careful with similar looking job codes as they can make a big difference.

9. Narendra Choudhary
    Narendra Choudhary 16 Feb, 19 at 11:36 pm

Hello,
    I am working in off-road automotive sector and my assessment code is 321111. My wife is a software engineer and she has competent english ability. Now, my question is am I eligible to get 5 point in “Partner’s Eligibility”? Kindly suggest and thank you for help.

Use this spouse points eligibility calculator for Australia PR. If the calculator says you are eligible to claim spouse points, you are eligible.

• Sunil Fernandes
        Sunil Fernandes 22 Feb, 19 at 1:51 pm

Thank you for posting useful information – it really helps.
        I’m planning to apply for the PR under Accountant (General) – 221111 category. However, in order to get 5 more points, I would like to add my spouse experience. The issue is she resigned her job 3 years back and haven’t work since then. However, her experience/skills is listed in the eligible skilled occupation.
        Kindly, throw some light!

You can claim spouse points if she can get a positive assessment for her ANZSCO code even if she has gap period in her work experience.

10. Dhara Patel
    Dhara Patel 16 Feb, 19 at 12:26 pm

Hi Anil Gupta,
    I am planning to apply in subclass 189 and 190 with skillselect “Software Engineer”
    My point for 189 is 65
    And for 190 it’s 70

What are the chances to get PR?
    Thank you in advance!

There are no chances for software engineer with 65 points.
      Try to get 75 points to get invite within 1-3 months.
      70 points for software engineer has waiting time of about 7+ months.