Australia PR SkillSelect Job Occupation List 2020

Australia PR Job List 2018-2019. Skilled 189, 190 visa with state nomination for faster processing. Monthly draw for ANZSCO code with minimum 65 points to apply.

By Anil Gupta          Updated  24 Feb, 20

SOL List Australia 2019-20

Skilled occupation list Australia is divided into 3 separate parts called SOL (Short-term Skilled Occupation List), MLTSSL (Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List) and ROL (Regional Occupation List).

You should have your job profile in one of the lists to be eligible to file Australia skilled Permanent residency application known as Expression of Interest (EOI). Australia immigration has an online tool to submit EOI known as SkillSelect.

The first step is to find your Job profile ANZSCO code from above list and then check your Australia PR points (calculator).

How Many Points are Required for Australia PR?

Australia PR requires minimum 65 points to file Expression of Interest. The more points you get, the higher chances you have for PR selection.

Which Occupations are in Demand in Australia

The list of jobs in demand in Australia is given above.

Australia SkillSelect ‘Date Of Effect’ for Invitations

Date of effect is the date you submitted your SkillSelect EOI application. This date changes whenever you make a change to your EOI and re-submit.

It is shown clearly on your SkillSelect profile. Just log in and see the date mentioned there.

Australia SkillSelect ‘Pro-Rata’ Invitations meaning

Pro-rata means that dividing the total number of invitations available are divided into number of months, to make sure that equal number of invitations are available every month.

Example: Pro-Rate

Lets say that for ‘Software Engineers’ job, Australia plans to issue about 15000 invitations from July to June. Then, they will divide the 15000 by 12 to reach at the number of 1250 per month.

So, they will restrict issuing invitations to ‘Software Engineers’ category to about 1250 per month. This is just an example to explain pro-rata. Actual number of invitations may be different.

Example: Date of Effect (DOE)

Date of effect for Software Engineer was 11/04/2018 6:05 PM (11 April, 2018). It is the END date that was considered for 11 July 2018 Australia SkillSelect draw.
Anybody who had achieved a score of 75 before that date and time was invited in 11 July draw. If you reached the 75 point on 22 July, 2018, your EOI would not even be considered in this draw.

Australia PR SkillSelect Job Occupation List for 189, 190 visa

• MLTSSL = Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List
  • STSOL = Short-term Skilled Occupation List
  • ROL = Regional Occupation List

Australia

1. US2AUS
    US2AUS

Hello,

How would we know which ANZSCO code Jobs are available at what state in Australia? This information would help submitting the EOI when applying by giving our preference to increase our chance of invitation.

Thank you very much.

2. rakeshjoshi
    rakeshjoshi

I am working with stock broking company since last 11 years and my age is 42 years. Recently I had given IELTS exam and got 6.5 band.
    I would like to know chances of getting PR visa for Australia(regional/province) also let me know reliable MARA agent/agency.
    Thanks and Regards,

Hi @rakeshjoshi

The first step is to find if your job is part of the Australia occupation list or not.

The second step is to find your total Australia points.

Once you are done with these two, come back here and then we can suggest next step.

4. Priyanka_Kamuni
    Priyanka_Kamuni

Hello Anil

I have a query about SOL LIST Australia 2019-20. For few jobs, under their Anzsco codes the states are mentioned like Q.land, NSW etc. But for few codes they are not mentioned.

For eg : 262113. This job code doesn’t have any location/state mentioned under it.
    What does it mean?

Could you please clarify it?

Thanks in advance.

5. Priyanka_Kamuni
    Priyanka_Kamuni

Hello Anil

It prompts that ‘Sorry new users cannot put the links in posts’.

So I have just pasted the page name below. Hope you will be able to access it.

aus australia-pr-skillselect-job-occupation-list

The page was last updated on Nov 19th.

My job code : 262113.

1. Bhavesh Patel
    Bhavesh Patel 13 Mar, 19 at 11:43 am

I have 7 years and 10 months of experience as an Application developer. I want to apply for the PR in Australia.
    I am in dilemma that how many year they consider from my experience? I have only appointment letter and employee consent to prove my employment in the first company for a year. Except first company I have all the required document of other company to prove my experience.

My score is highly depand on the experience calculation. could you please help me to come out from this confusion?

2. Nish Khan
    Nish Khan 13 Mar, 19 at 5:29 am

I am 50 years of Age and i have been to Australia on visit visa before. What visa i can apply now

Anil Gupta 13 Mar, 19 at 9:41 am

What is the purpose of visiting Australia now? The visa depends on your purpose i.e. permanent residence, tourism or what?

3. Ankur Bhadra
    Ankur Bhadra 13 Mar, 19 at 12:24 am

Am Traditional Media Planner from India with 4+ years of experience which falls under jobcode 131113 OR 225111. If I manage to get PR Score of 70 are there any chances of getting Invite?
    Also my wife is Software Engineer with experience of 3+ years and if we apply her as primary applicant will the chances improve?

Anil Gupta 13 Mar, 19 at 9:41 am

The points required to get an invite are mentioned above for each job code. Please check it yourself.

• Ankur Bhadra
        Ankur Bhadra 13 Mar, 19 at 9:51 am

Thanks Anil for the prompt reply. Points part is clear just wanted to understand my Job code being under STSOL are PR chances any good.

If you have the required points as mentioned above for your job code, you can get an invite.

4. Pawan Weerasinghe
    Pawan Weerasinghe 12 Mar, 19 at 7:29 pm

I completed Master of Environment and Sustainability at Monash. in science. Will that make me eligible to apply as Environment Consultant ? or any occupation in SOL? Thanks in advance

Its difficult to suggest the correct job title with limited information you have shared.

• Pawan Weerasinghe
        Pawan Weerasinghe 12 Mar, 19 at 8:05 pm

The course is Master of Environment and sustainability at Monash Clayton. I completed on last November. I completed through coursework within 2 years. Here is a link: https://www.monash.edu/master-environment-sustainability. Much appreciated.

I cannot comment on the courses. You should choose the job code and then get it assessed by the assessment agency.

5. Isaac Ewa
    Isaac Ewa 11 Mar, 19 at 5:27 pm

Hello,
    I have work experience in IT and my area of degree is Electrical Engineering, can I still get a positive response if I apply for an IT related profession or as Electrical Engineer

4 years will be deducted from your total experience for IT professions since your education is not in computer science field.

6. Harsh
    Harsh 8 Mar, 19 at 8:51 am

Dear Anil,
    I have submitted EOI with 75 points .
    ANZCO CODE IS 263212.
    what are the chances of getting qualified in EOI?As I checked in other forum that above code has stopped invites or not a good code.

Harsh

Anil Gupta 8 Mar, 19 at 9:03 am

When did you file the EOI?

• Harsh
        Harsh 8 Mar, 19 at 9:16 am

25th Feb 2019.

Anil Gupta 8 Mar, 19 at 9:16 am

You can get invite within 2-3 months if your job is in demand.

• Harsh
            Harsh 8 Mar, 19 at 9:16 am

Is there any forum to check jobs in demand?

Anil Gupta 8 Mar, 19 at 9:41 am

I am not aware of any such forum.

7. Sanjay
    Sanjay 7 Mar, 19 at 2:00 am

Hi Anil !!!!
    Highly appreciate your efforts in answering the queries of people around and helping them… Great job dear..
    Just wanted to know if there is any resource from where we can know, as to how many positions were there for a particular ANZSCO code in the year 2018.And of them how many have been invited till date for that particular code… If yes… Plz share the link…..
    Appreciate your efforts …..
    Regards
    Sanjay.

8. Ash
    Ash 6 Mar, 19 at 9:26 am

Hi Expert,
    I am in kind of a unique situation. I did my bachelor’s degree in Management from Australia (Griffith University) in 2017, I am currently on the 485 visas here in Australia, my age is 25 and my PTE is 79 on each band. I am looking to apply for 190 PR visas. Total 70 points

But my work experience is I have been employed for little over a year now as a Full-Time Business Consultant for a firm based in Bangladesh. I do my work online from here in Australia (However I did travel to Bangladesh and worked at the same firm physically in the office for 2 months). My work experience is highly related to my nominated skill list (224711: Management Consultant). Of course, I have all the necessary documents to prove my employment (payslips, bank statement etc).
    So my query is, given that my employment work experience is online and from an overseas firm, am I eligible for skill assessment by VETASSESS?

My main concern at the moment is for the skill assessment.

Anil Gupta 6 Mar, 19 at 9:58 am

You can file for skill assessment and see if you can get a positive result.

9. Rana
    Rana 4 Mar, 19 at 8:29 pm

Hi Expert,

I am applying for degree assessment currently, I have done master in Information technology (computer networking) from an Australian uni in Melbourne and I have finished my Professional Year course. I am looking forward to get my degree assessed in Computer networks but I am confused in selecting ANZSCO code. Which one is suitable/relevant among 263111, 263112 and 263113?

Do you have any work experience?

10. Afreen Sultana
    Afreen Sultana 4 Mar, 19 at 11:03 am

Hello expert, my qualification is Master in Sciences(Micro Biology).I have appeared for ielts general (LRWS) 8.5,6.5,6.5,7 With 6 yrs of experience in Secondary school teacher. I have calculated my point for PR its coming around 55 points. My question is if I study biotechnologist ANZCO CODE (234514)from Australia, So it will boost my score for PR and how much it will increase in my score? What is the possibility of getting PR?

You can get points for studying in Australia if you complete your course there.

• Afreen Sultana
        Afreen Sultana 4 Mar, 19 at 1:48 pm

So,how many points will i get after completing the course in australia ?..

Please check the link that i shared earlier. It has details about how many points you will get with education in Australia.