Current Australia PR Processing Time – 189 visa – 3 month, 190 – 2.5 month

By Anil Gupta - Updated on  26 Apr, 19

Australia PR processing time – 189 Visa

189 Skilled – Independent Points-tested visa is taking 3 to 11 months to receive PR grant after you have submitted your application.

You will either get a CO (case officer) contact query within 3 months or get a PR grant at the end of 3 months after you lodged your 189 invitation.

Once you get a CO contact, your application will be on hold until you submit the requested documents. Once documents are uploaded, your application is re-submitted at the front of the queue and can take another 3 months to receive final ‘GRANT’ of 189 Visa.

Australia PR processing time – 190 Visa

190 Skilled – State nominated points-tested visa is taking 2.5 to 8 months to receive PR grant after you have submitted your application.

You will either get a CO (case officer) contact query within 2.5 months or get a PR grant at the end of 2.5 months after you lodged your 189 invitation.

Once you get a CO contact, your application will be on hold until you submit the requested documents. Once documents are uploaded, your application is re-submitted at the front of the queue and can take another 2.5 months to receive final ‘GRANT’ of 190 Visa.

Australia PR Invitation Time

The processing time mentioned above is only for applications that have been submitted after receiving the SkillSelect EOIinvitation to apply‘.

Invitation to apply is currently given to people, with a monthly draw (lottery), with the highest points in their job occupation category.

The waiting time to get an invitation could vary from 1 month to up to 12 months at this time for some occupations.
Example, Software Engineer with 70 points can expect to wait more than 6 months to receive 189 visa invite.

You cannot apply for Australia Permanent residency (PR) until you receive a formal invitation.

Australia PR processing time
Australia PR processing time

Source: Australia Immigration

Australia

666 Questions & Answers

1. Keerthi
    Keerthi 14 Apr, 19 at 10:33 pm

We lodged our PR application for 189 VISA on October 26th 2018 for 261313 from onshore. CO had contacted us for the PTE score of my spouse on 15th Jan 2019, which the consultancy guy didn’t upload. We uploaded on the same day (15th Jan 2019). We didn’t get any response till now. When can we expect the PR grant?

Thanks.

Anil Gupta 15 Apr, 19 at 6:57 am

Please read the above article.

2. Sandesh Shrestha
    Sandesh Shrestha 14 Apr, 19 at 7:16 am

Hi
    My wife has lodged her EOI on 29 March 2019 on visa subclass 189 for 254499 registered nurse with 75 points. When shall we expect our invitation? Thanks.

3. Ozama Ozama
    Ozama Ozama 12 Apr, 19 at 9:50 am

I updated my application on 11 April 2019 for Electrical Engineer 233311 after adding spouse points. My updated scores are 75 points on 189 and 80 points on 190 category. No invitation sent for other Engineering occupation in April draw. Please suggest from your experience about the chances of getting invited in May draw.

Anil Gupta 12 Apr, 19 at 12:11 pm

Chances are good for an invite in May but the situation might change if the total number of invites are lowered as they did in April 2019.

• Ozama Ozama
        Ozama Ozama 12 Apr, 19 at 2:11 pm

Yeah. Every month they are reducing invitations since feb.

4. Neha Tiwari
    Neha Tiwari 12 Apr, 19 at 7:15 am

Hello Sir,

I have lodged my application on 5th March 2019 for ICT Business Analyst at 189 with 70 points, 190 with 80 points and 489 with 75 points, can you please suggest when shall I expect to get invitation from any of the States of Australia?

Thanks Neha

Anil Gupta 12 Apr, 19 at 7:25 am

The chances of an invite with 70 points are low for Business Analyst at this time.
      There is a wait of about 7 months for 70 point EOI.

The states also usually invite the people with highest points in their job code.

• Neha Tiwari
        Neha Tiwari 14 Apr, 19 at 10:41 pm

ok, thanks

5. gaurav
    gaurav 11 Apr, 19 at 9:19 pm

Hello Sir

I have lodge my Eoi In Jan 2019 with 65 Points then i increase my point to 75 so when can i expected to get invitation in may or another month

6. Marian Preethi
    Marian Preethi 11 Apr, 19 at 2:04 pm

I lodged my application for 189 with 75 points (including points for spouse) and 190 with 80 points for ANZSCO 261313. My date of effect is 26th Feb 2019. I haven’t got any invitation for neither 189 in April 2019 draw until today. Is there any possibility of getting an invitation this month or should I wait for May 2019 draw?

Anil Gupta 11 Apr, 19 at 2:05 pm

I think only people with 80+ points have got the invite in April 2019 draw.

You may get an invite in May 2019 draw.

• Marian Preethi
        Marian Preethi 11 Apr, 19 at 8:11 pm

Thanks for the quick response Anil. Will cross my fingers for May 2019 draw results.

7. gaurav
    gaurav 11 Apr, 19 at 10:24 am

my code is 2613 software eng with 75 points

Anil Gupta 11 Apr, 19 at 9:30 pm

Your can get an invite for 2613 with 75 points within 2-3 months.

8. Sonia
    Sonia 11 Apr, 19 at 3:48 am

Hello,
    I lodged my EOI for 190 visa for Victoria on
    3rd January 2019, with 70points. My code is 254415 critical care RN. When can I expect my invite ?

Anil Gupta 11 Apr, 19 at 8:53 am

I do not have data about state invites as they do not share it publicly.

9. Anupal Sharma
    Anupal Sharma 11 Apr, 19 at 2:06 am

Hi,
    I have recently done my health check on 25 March, 2019 for 190 (NSW) – 75 Points.- 261312

As you told it can take 2.5 months to receive final ‘GRANT’, however, I was viewing a popular forum at migrationdesk com where it says people getting average timeline of Grant after atleast 5-6 months or even a year for 190. I don’t have any complexity in case and am only the main applicant.

Can you give any idea of how long it takes? Is the above could be true?

Thanks in advance.

Anil Gupta 11 Apr, 19 at 9:05 am

I have shared my analysis and Australia PR processing time data based on what i have heard on various forums and whatsapp group.

I cannot comment on what you are seeing on other forums. You should ask them about it.

10. Jatin
    Jatin 11 Apr, 19 at 2:06 am

Hello Sir, i lodged my EOI in april 2019 at 75 points in 189 and 80 points in 190 in 263111 computer network professional when can i expect to get invite?

Anil Gupta 11 Apr, 19 at 8:53 am

You have good chance of invite within 1-2 months with 75 points for 263111.

• Jatin
        Jatin 11 Apr, 19 at 10:34 am

Thank you for replying sir.