Current Australia PR Processing Time – 189 visa – 3 month, 190 – 2.5 month

Anil Gupta  19 Mar, 19      368  Australia

Australia PR processing time – 189 Visa

189 Skilled – Independent Points-tested visa is taking 3 to 11 months to receive PR grant after you have submitted your application.

You will either get a CO (case officer) contact query within 3 months or get a PR grant at the end of 3 months after you lodged your 189 invitation.

Once you get a CO contact, your application will be on hold until you submit the requested documents. Once documents are uploaded, your application is re-submitted at the front of the queue and can take another 3 months to receive final ‘GRANT’ of 189 Visa.

Australia PR processing time – 190 Visa

190 Skilled – State nominated points-tested visa is taking 2.5 to 8 months to receive PR grant after you have submitted your application.

You will either get a CO (case officer) contact query within 2.5 months or get a PR grant at the end of 2.5 months after you lodged your 189 invitation.

Once you get a CO contact, your application will be on hold until you submit the requested documents. Once documents are uploaded, your application is re-submitted at the front of the queue and can take another 2.5 months to receive final ‘GRANT’ of 190 Visa.

Australia PR Invitation Time

The processing time mentioned above is only for applications that have been submitted after receiving the SkillSelect EOIinvitation to apply‘.

Invitation to apply is currently given to people, with a monthly draw (lottery), with the highest points in their job occupation category.

The waiting time to get an invitation could vary from 1 month to up to 12 months at this time for some occupations.
Example, Software Engineer with 70 points can expect to wait more than 6 months to receive 189 visa invite.

You cannot apply for Australia Permanent residency (PR) until you receive a formal invitation.

Australia PR processing time
Australia PR processing time

Source: Australia Immigration

1 6 7 8 9

1. sowmya vemula   16 Mar, 19 at 4:11 am

My partner have 75 points and 80 points with state nomination in SkillSelect. How quickly can we expect an invitation.Our EOI was updated on March 3rd 2019.

Code 261111- ICT business analyst

2. leanne riley   14 Mar, 19 at 4:39 pm

Hi Anil
    I wondered if you could help me? I have submitted EOI for NSW state sponsored 190 visa with 70 points as a registered nurse NEC 254499. Do you think I have enough points to be invited? If so are you aware of any time frames? Thank you

• Anil Gupta   14 Mar, 19 at 6:22 pm

Your question is out of scope of this article. I have added your NEC 254499 Chance of Invite question to our forum and answered there.

You can ask follow up question on forum itself. We answer within 1-24 hours.

3. Kiran Madhav   14 Mar, 19 at 5:34 am

I have submitted my EOI application under subclass 190 for NSW last year, as of now I hv 80 points for the Recruitment Consultant role. I haven’t got any invite so far. What does your experience say? is 80 points not sufficient? or will it take more time?

4. Hi Anil,

I have submitted EOI for ANZSCO 263111 today with 75 points for 189, As per the last invitation round the the cut-off is 75 points with date of effect as 10th Feb 2019. Moreover, my occupation falls under pro-rata basis so i’m wondering will this change the waiting period. How many days would it take for me to get an invite according to your experience?

5. Hey Anil
    I got delayed in medical due to delay in doctor appointments here. Later, I found that there are lot of supporting documents need to be attached for employment proof.
    I lodged my 189 on 25th Jan.
    My medical was in last week of Feb and I submitted extra documents in first week of this month. Will my cycle start on date of last document submitted or will it take 25th Jan.

Naveen

• I also have similar situation, I lodged my 189 application on 16 December 2018, but I submitted extra documents last week for the employment proof as I thought they would be required. In this case, Will my cycle start on date of last document submitted or the date when I lodged my application?

• Anil Gupta   13 Mar, 19 at 8:27 pm

Your application does not MOVE forward until you have submitted all required documents.

• Hi Anil, I submitted all the required documents already when I first lodged my application on 16 December 2018. But, recently I attached some additional documents regarding work employment which I thought it could be helpful/required and also to avoid the delay in case the CO ask for supporting documents. From your experience, does that will affect my processing time?

6. Hi Anil. We got the Additional query from CO today asking for PTE score from PTE site. We have sent the score however how can we acknowledge that the scores will be shared with them directly as there is no document to be attached there.

If only that is being asked in the checklist it me and there will be no other query right?

• Yes, the scores should be shared directly by PTE to Australia immigration if you chose that option in your PTE account.

• Ya we have done that today. Any approx time like how much time will it take more for PR grant as it was the only additional thing (PTE score from Pearson) required from the CO.

• Anil Gupta   13 Mar, 19 at 9:12 am

It can take anywhere between 60-90 days now after you have submitted your documents to get a PR grant.

• Hi Anil – I got a CO contact and in the request they asked us to submit PTE scores through Pearson website..I did that already however is there a need to acknowledge the CO post this activity if so then what is the way to do that..the automatic mailbox is not accepting any replies and there is no other e mail address mentioned..

• Anil Gupta   16 Mar, 19 at 4:54 am

You have to submit the application in immiaccount after uploading the new documents. Emails do not work for acknowledgment.

7. How do I know statistics of invitation for my nominated occupation? My occupation is biotechnologist and my points are exactly 65, though I can make it 70 max including partner credits. I want to understand the chances of getting invitation with this point if I give EOI for biotechnologist.

• Your question is out of scope of this article and hence, we have added it to our forum.
      I have also answered it there.

You can ask follow up questions on forum itself. We answer within 1-24 hours.

8. Geetika Kapoor   11 Mar, 19 at 11:43 pm

Hi we lodged our PR after getting the invite for 189 application. Its been a month. Medicals done. But no officer has been assigned. What should we expect next. My husband is at 80 points.

9. Sachin Chawla   11 Mar, 19 at 10:34 pm

Hi

I lodges my PR file 189 application on December in 261312-developer programmer on 75 points.

Its been more than 3 months while i have lodged my file. I haven’t got any response from immigration. Do you have any idea when we can expect for our visa grant.

And also do you have any statistics how long this profession generally would take in 189 visa.

10. Ratheesh Kochuparampil   12 Mar, 19 at 12:57 am

Hope you are doing well.
    My EOI has been submitted on 22 October, 2018 for Electrical Engineer 233311 with 70(65+5) points for 190 visa. I applied for NSW and now 5 month finish. Could you tell me when can I expect my invitation based on your knowledge and experience?
    Wait for your kind reply

I have also answered it there.

You can ask follow up questions on forum itself. We answer within 1-24 hours.

• Ratheesh Kochuparampil   12 Mar, 19 at 10:15 pm

Sir;
        i cannot apply because the score only 60 point. my spouse occupation 251312 is only available in state list so i got 5 additional point in 190 .could you tell any possibility?

• Anil Gupta   13 Mar, 19 at 9:12 am

As I already said in my earlier response that please ask the question in our forum if it is not related to the above article.
          I can answer on the forum.

1 6 7 8 9