Current Australia PR Processing Time – 189 visa – 4 month, 190 – 3.5 month

By Anil Gupta - Updated on  14 May, 19

Australia PR processing time
Australia PR processing time

Australia PR Processing Time – 189 Visa

189 PR processing time is 4 to 11 months.

Skilled – Independent Points tested visa is taking 4 months to receive direct PR grant after you have submitted your application.

You can expect a CO (case officer) contact query within 3.5 months if any more documents are required from you. Once you get a CO contact, your application will be on hold until you submit the requested documents. Once documents are uploaded, your application is re-submitted and can take another 4560 days to receive final ‘GRANT’ of 189 Visa.

If there is no CO contact, you can expect direct PR grant at the end of 4.5 months after you lodged your 189 invitation.

Australia 190 PR Processing Time

190 visa processing time is 3.5 to 8 months.

CO (case officer) contact to request more documentary proof can be expected within first 3 months of paying fees for skill based 190 nomination.

People are also getting direct 190 PR grant at the end of 3.5 months if all your documents are correct.

Once you get a CO contact, your application will not move forward and wait for your action. Once you upload the requested documents, your application is back in queue and you can get 190 grant in 45-60 days.

Australia PR Invitation Time

The Australia PR invitation time is based on your ANZSCO job code and the number of points you score.

People with 65 points have very chance of invitation. The realistic chance of invite is for people with 70+ points and it keep changing every month with new draw held on 11th day.

The waiting time to get an invitation could vary from 1 month to up to 12 months at this time for some occupations.

The PR processing time clock starts once your SkillSelect EOI has been invited by DIBP and you have paid PR fees.

Example,

Software Engineer (261313) with 70 points can expect to wait more than 6 months to receive 189 visa invite. Once invited, add another at-least 4 months to get the PR grant.

The total PR processing time will be at-least 10 months.

You cannot apply for Australia Permanent residency (PR) until you receive a formal invitation.

Sample Australia PR Grant Letter

You receive an email once your PR has been granted. The PR Grant letter will be attached in the email.

A separate email is sent for each member of your family from auto-letter-generator@homeaffairs.gov.au

The PR grant email will have the subject as IMMI Grant Notification – BCC2018/[CODES] – [CODES] – GUPTA, ABC

Australia PR grant letter
Australia PR grant letter

Grant letter contains information:

#1 PR conditions for 189 or 190

8515 – Not marry before first entry – This 190 PR grant has a condition that person should NOT marry before he makes the first entry to Australia.

#2 Date of PR grant

The date Australia immigration or DIBP granted your PR.

#3 Date of first entry I.E.D

Date by which you should enter Australia at-least once to activate your Permanent Residency. This date is normally called initial entry date (IED) and can be extended if you have un-avoidable circumstances to enter Australia by this date.

#4 Must not enter after date

This is the date that’s 5 years from First entry date (I.E.D). This means that you should not enter Australia after this date if you have not got a re-entry permit.

#5 Length of Stay

Once your Australia PR is granted and you enter before the IED date, you are allowed to stay indefinitely in Australia.

You can go out of and enter Australia any number of times before the Must not enter after date. If you want to have the facility of entering and exiting Australia after this date, you should apply for re-entry permit or should have applied and got Australia Citizenship.

Source: Australia Immigration

Hi @Scorpion_King
    My views are already given in the article. It has been written after analysis of what people are reporting on various forums and whatsApp groups.

Off course it varies by each case. The timelines that i have given are averages of multiple cases.

Hi @SAT14

I have given the details of when to expect the PR approval here. Please estimate it yourself.

Hi @milan_qa
    I do not have any agency to recommend at this time.

We do help with the Australia PR process for fees if you are interested. Send us an email at
    contact AT am22tech DOT com

Hi @Chowdary_S
    Chances are low at this time to get invite in 75 points for state 190 visa until Aug 2019.

The chance of invitation may improve once we see the trend from new fiscal year July 2019.

1. Hashma
    Hashma 17 Mar, 19 at 8:55 pm

I’ve just received the is email about my 189 visa application:

Request Detail
    Evidence of functional English
    You are required to provide evidence of functional English or pay the second instalment of
    the visa application charge (second VAC).
    If you have decided to pay the second VAC, send an email to
    gsm.allocated@homeaffairs.gov.au and you will be provided with further information about
    when to make this payment.

The email asks me to provide an evidence of of functional English for my wife or paying the second instalment of
    the visa application charge (second VAC). However, I did not claimed any points for my wife in my application and all the claimed points were collected by me (age, English, qualification,…). If I want to go with the second option of paying the second instalment of
    the visa application charge (second VAC), Could you please provide me with some information about this option?
    Another thing is when I log in to my immiaccount, there is no request to upload a document or any change to the status of my application.

The spouse proof of English is required irrespective of whether you claim spouse points or not.

The second installment fees is too high and i am sure you want your spouse to take the English Language test instead.

• Hashma
        Hashma 17 Mar, 19 at 9:17 pm

Hi Anil. Thanks for your reply.
        Do you know roughly how much is it?

Please check the link I shared in my earlier answer. It has details about all fees including second installment.

• Hashma
            Hashma 17 Mar, 19 at 9:27 pm

Thanks Anil

Anil Gupta 19 Mar, 19 at 10:39 am

As many people reported that the “Information provided confirm button” is missing in immiaccount, i wrote about what to do for these case here:

• Hashma
              Hashma 21 Mar, 19 at 11:17 pm

Thanks so much for your reply and valuable explanation.

As I mentioned before, I lodged my 189 visa application on 16 December 2018 and C.O. contacted me on 18 March 2019 asking for Evidence of spouse functional English which I already uploaded it immediately through my immiaccount after CO contact. Do you think the CO will ask for more information to process my application in another email? Or does CO normally ask for all extra information in one contact? Please explain.

Anil Gupta 22 Mar, 19 at 8:42 am

CO normally would ask for all missing documents in one contact itself. You should be fine.

• Hashma
              Hashma 22 Mar, 19 at 8:58 am

Thanks Anil

• Hashma
            Hashma 18 Mar, 19 at 3:40 am

fortunately, I’ve just uploaded a proof of functional English for my wife (Certificate from College – studied College (4 year course) in English language) for her Bachelor and Masters degrees as they were totally taught in English.
            Could you please let me know how long should I wait from now to get the visa granted?

Anil Gupta 18 Mar, 19 at 8:07 am

60-90 days.

• Hashma
              Hashma 18 Mar, 19 at 10:25 am

Thanks for your reply. Just one more thing. Actually when I logged on to my immiaccount after I received the email, I could not found an option to upload the requested document (Spouse functional English) and I uploaded it under the attachment of additional documents under her name. Therefore, there was no button/option to confirm that I have uploaded the required documents. Does that affect the process of my application ? Please clarify and let me know.

Your kind explanation is very appreciated.

Anil Gupta 18 Mar, 19 at 10:35 am

There should be an option to re-submit your application.

Follow the instructions written in the CO email.

Many people have indeed reported that they are not able to find a button to submit. I am not sure if the button has been removed now or not.

2. sowmya vemula
    sowmya vemula 16 Mar, 19 at 4:11 am

My partner have 75 points and 80 points with state nomination in SkillSelect. How quickly can we expect an invitation.Our EOI was updated on March 3rd 2019.

Code 261111- ICT business analyst

Anil Gupta 16 Mar, 19 at 4:59 am

Your question is out of scope of this article. I have added your Code 261111- ICT business analyst Chance of Invite question to our forum and answered there.

You can ask follow up question on forum itself. We answer within 1-24 hours.

3. leanne riley
    leanne riley 14 Mar, 19 at 4:39 pm

Hi Anil
    I wondered if you could help me? I have submitted EOI for NSW state sponsored 190 visa with 70 points as a registered nurse NEC 254499. Do you think I have enough points to be invited? If so are you aware of any time frames? Thank you

Your question is out of scope of this article. I have added your NEC 254499 Chance of Invite question to our forum and answered there.

You can ask follow up question on forum itself. We answer within 1-24 hours.

4. Raoul
    Raoul 14 Mar, 19 at 5:57 am

I have submitted EOI for ANZSCO 263111 today with 75 points for 189, As per the last invitation round the the cut-off is 75 points with date of effect as 10th Feb 2019. Moreover, my occupation falls under pro-rata basis so i’m wondering will this change the waiting period. How many days would it take for me to get an invite according to your experience?

Anil Gupta 14 Mar, 19 at 8:08 am

Your question is out of scope of this article. I have added your ANZSCO 263111 Chance of Invite question to our forum and answered there.

You can ask follow up question on forum itself. We answer within 1-24 hours.

5. Kiran Madhav
    Kiran Madhav 14 Mar, 19 at 5:34 am

I have submitted my EOI application under subclass 190 for NSW last year, as of now I hv 80 points for the Recruitment Consultant role. I haven’t got any invite so far. What does your experience say? is 80 points not sufficient? or will it take more time?

Anil Gupta 14 Mar, 19 at 8:08 am

Your question is out of scope of this article. I have added your Recruitment Consultant Chance of Invite question to our forum and answered there.

You can ask follow up question on forum itself. We answer within 1-24 hours.

6. Naveen
    Naveen 13 Mar, 19 at 5:35 pm

Hey Anil
    I got delayed in medical due to delay in doctor appointments here. Later, I found that there are lot of supporting documents need to be attached for employment proof.
    I lodged my 189 on 25th Jan.
    My medical was in last week of Feb and I submitted extra documents in first week of this month. Will my cycle start on date of last document submitted or will it take 25th Jan.

Naveen

Your application does not MOVE forward until you have submitted all required documents.

• Hashma
        Hashma 13 Mar, 19 at 8:40 pm

Hi Anil, I submitted all the required documents already when I first lodged my application on 16 December 2018. But, recently I attached some additional documents regarding work employment which I thought it could be helpful/required and also to avoid the delay in case the CO ask for supporting documents. From your experience, does that will affect my processing time?

Extra documents does not affect the processing time. But the mandatory documents do.

• Naveen
            Naveen 13 Mar, 19 at 9:56 pm

Cool thanks Anil. I submitted all manadatory documents earlier. Does late medical delay the processing?

Anil Gupta 14 Mar, 19 at 8:07 am

Late medical definitely delays your application.

• Naveen
              Naveen 14 Mar, 19 at 10:17 am

Thanks Anil

• Hashma
      Hashma 13 Mar, 19 at 8:27 pm

I also have similar situation, I lodged my 189 application on 16 December 2018, but I submitted extra documents last week for the employment proof as I thought they would be required. In this case, Will my cycle start on date of last document submitted or the date when I lodged my application?

7. Vinita
    Vinita 12 Mar, 19 at 9:05 pm

Hi Anil. We got the Additional query from CO today asking for PTE score from PTE site. We have sent the score however how can we acknowledge that the scores will be shared with them directly as there is no document to be attached there.

If only that is being asked in the checklist it me and there will be no other query right?

Yes, the scores should be shared directly by PTE to Australia immigration if you chose that option in your PTE account.

• Vinita
        Vinita 12 Mar, 19 at 10:59 pm

Ya we have done that today. Any approx time like how much time will it take more for PR grant as it was the only additional thing (PTE score from Pearson) required from the CO.

Anil Gupta 13 Mar, 19 at 9:12 am

It can take anywhere between 60-90 days now after you have submitted your documents to get a PR grant.

• Vinita
            Vinita 16 Mar, 19 at 2:36 am

Hi Anil – I got a CO contact and in the request they asked us to submit PTE scores through Pearson website..I did that already however is there a need to acknowledge the CO post this activity if so then what is the way to do that..the automatic mailbox is not accepting any replies and there is no other e mail address mentioned..

Anil Gupta 16 Mar, 19 at 4:54 am

You have to submit the application in immiaccount after uploading the new documents. Emails do not work for acknowledgment.

8. soyester
    soyester 12 Mar, 19 at 6:04 am

How do I know statistics of invitation for my nominated occupation? My occupation is biotechnologist and my points are exactly 65, though I can make it 70 max including partner credits. I want to understand the chances of getting invitation with this point if I give EOI for biotechnologist.

Anil Gupta 12 Mar, 19 at 10:15 am

Your question is out of scope of this article and hence, we have added it to our forum.
      I have also answered it there.

You can ask follow up questions on forum itself. We answer within 1-24 hours.

9. Geetika Kapoor
    Geetika Kapoor 11 Mar, 19 at 11:43 pm

Hi we lodged our PR after getting the invite for 189 application. Its been a month. Medicals done. But no officer has been assigned. What should we expect next. My husband is at 80 points.

You can only wait. The current times are mentioned above.

10. Sachin Chawla
    Sachin Chawla 11 Mar, 19 at 10:34 pm

Hi

I lodges my PR file 189 application on December in 261312-developer programmer on 75 points.

Its been more than 3 months while i have lodged my file. I haven’t got any response from immigration. Do you have any idea when we can expect for our visa grant.

And also do you have any statistics how long this profession generally would take in 189 visa.

It is currently taking 3.5 – 4 months to get CO contact or direct grant i about 5-6 months.

• nidhi
        nidhi 18 Mar, 19 at 10:04 am

Hi Anil, Is it same if you are onshore?

Anil Gupta 18 Mar, 19 at 10:26 am