There is no official US government notification which blocks H1B, F1, L or H4 visa travel from India to US at the time of writing this article.
Many people have asked me and are in panic mode when one of the website published story about Indian techie’s wife was de-boarded at Bangalore airport on Mar 20.
It seems to be a single case that has been reported online by americanBazaaronline. I have not been able to talk to the real person or family to verify this news.
There is no need to panic. We will update this page as and when we get new information.
USA has not blocked flights from India. Visa holders taking flight from India to USA are allowed at this time.
India to USA Travel Restrictions
The only cases where Indians are not allowed US travel are:
- On Jan 31 Trump barred entry to the United States of most foreign nationals who traveled to China within the past 14 days.
- On Feb 29, Trump banned people who were physically present within Iran during the 14-day period preceding their entry or attempted entry into the United States.
- On Mar 11, Trump restricted travel to the United States who have recently been in certain European countries. This does not apply to U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents.
- On Mar 14, Trump adds United Kingdom and Ireland to European countries list .
Travel, Immigration and Transportation
These are the official USA government sites to track what has been blocked and what is open:
- Department of Homeland Security has information on arrival restrictions for certain foreign nationals and news and updates.
- Department of State has advisories for international travelers.
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) offers guidance for air travelers.
- Federal Transit Administration (FTA) offers guidance to transit agencies.
- Transportation Security Administration published a map of where TSA agents have tested positive for COVID-19.
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) has information about office closings, appointments and events.