Current H1B Processing Times 2019 – Nebraska, California, Vermont

Anil Gupta  19 Mar, 19      1.8k  USA USCIS Processing Time

H1B Processing Time 2019

Receipt *
Please write correct digits from your receipt number.
Receipt Date*
Please provide a valid receipt date.
Visa*
Type*
Processing Type*
Select correct processing type for your case.
Current Status*
Please select correct status.
Status Date*
Please choose correct date.
Comments
RFE Documents

NumberReceiptStatus

163 days / 5 month
H1B transfer receipt date07 Oct, 18 03 Dec, 18
5 month 13 days3 month 16 days
07 Oct, 18 - 03 Dec, 18
163 days / 5 month
Updated: 14:55 CST Next Update: 17:55 CST

H1B premium processing is suspended until Feb 19, 2019 for H1B extension, transfer and amendments at California and Nebraska service centers resulting in increased delays.

Related: H4 Processing Time – California, Vermont

H1B Processing time – Regular Application

H1B Extension, Amendment, Transfer and consular processing times are updated daily for using the official USCIS processing times and data shared by real H1B applicants in various forums and trackers online. H1B amendment is same as H1B extension for processing timeline calculation.

H1B Premium Processing time

Premium processing is available for H1B Extension / Amendment / Transfer cases and its processing time is 15 calendar days.

Raise USCIS SR – Outside Normal Processing Time

If your ‘case received date’ is before the date (worst case) mentioned above, you should raise a service request with USCIS to check why your case has been delayed. This could mean your case is taking longer than other similar cases and may be stuck in administrative processing.

H1B Grace Period – 60 days

If your are laid off by H1B employer, you have 60 days grace to find another H1B sponsor. Does not matter how much processing time an H1B transfer takes place, you can start working immediately based on receipt on or before 60th day.

H1B Visa Approved Status – Admin Processing Time – US Embassy

Do not worry. It takes 7-10 calendar days to process Admin processing cases after visa is approved by visa officer.

Get Green Card Fast on H1B – Kid US citizen?

Yes, kid can sponsor his parent working on H1B visa in USA for a Green card, but only if he is 21 or older under family immigration with proof of financial support.

H1B processing time - Updated Daily
H1B processing time – Updated Daily

USCIS Case pending – 240 day limit?

If you case is pending for result with USCIS and your 240 days after i94 expiry are fast approaching, we strongly recommend to upgrade your application to ‘Premium Processing’ at 200 day mark. This will help you get a result before your 240 day limit and avoid stopping work.

H1B Amendment + Extension and transfer pending applications can keep working after 240 days.

H1B stamping Dropbox Eligibility

Check if you are eligible for DropBox facility in India.

Consular Proc = Visa (Stamp or visa foil) to be issued outside USA in a US Embassy.

1 2 3 49

1. Hi Anil,

My H-1B petition got approved, valid till August 2020. My Passport is expiring in October 2019.
    I am planning to take appointment for stamping at Chennai Consulate.
    Will I get Visa valid till August 2020(Petition expiry) or till October 2019(Passport Expiry)? If till August 2020, at port of entry will I get I-94 valid till October 2019 or August 2020?

• You will get visa stamp according to your petition approval validity.
      But, when you enter US, your i-94 will be restricted to passport expiry date.

So, it is better you get passport renewed either before leaving US or before returning from India.

• I have now got appointment for passport renewal under tatkal for 31st January 2019 at Chennai Consulate.
        For now can I go ahead with stamping with current passport (before getting new passport) or go for stamping with renewed passport after 31st January? Which is the better option? If I go for stamping with current passport and later travel to US along with renewed passport, will I get i-94 valid only till October 2019(current passport expiry date) or valid till Petition expiry date(August 2020)?

• Anil Gupta   9 Feb, 19 at 10:02 am

Passport renewal with Chennai consulate? I don’t understand this.

If you return to US with renewed passport, you will get i94 validity as per your Visa stamp.
          If you return to US with short expiry passport, your i94 validity will be same as your passport expiry.

• Sorry Anil, my bad. Mistakenly added “at Chennai Consulate”.

Please don’t mind me asking this again. Just to clarify one more time and to feel confident.
            I will go for stamping with current Passport and later travel to US with current and renewed passport. So, I-94 will be stamped on my renewed passport as per Visa Stamp?(the reason for asking this is, my current passport will have Visa stamp not the renewed one).

• Anil Gupta   9 Feb, 19 at 10:43 am

It does not matter if passport with visa stamp is current or expired. If visa stamp is valid, it is accepted.
              When you renew your passport, Indian passport office will mark your current passport as ‘EXPIRED’.

You will need to carry both old and new passport when you travel to US.
              When you enter US, your NEW passport will be used to stamp immigration entry stamp on all future travels. The visa stamp (in old passport) will be used to verify visa validity.

Does that answer your query?

• Yes Anil. All clear now. 🙂
              Thanks a lot!

2. Hi Anil – My H1B extension was applied at Nebraska USCIS. The receipt date is Aug 1, 2018. Please suggest when can I expect the result.

3. New H1B request and my case was received on 12-Apr-2018 at California Service center. Do you know when can i expect a result for my case?

• You should expect to hear in Mar 2019 last week or earlier.

• but how come some people with the same received date already got the approvals…

I want to understand how they process that.

I m worried as all my friends had the same date 12 april but every1 got approvals in December itself except for me…
        raised SR but no update for me..

4. Hi Anil, i recently got site visit from USCIS for my H1 extension. when can i expect the case status to be updated. i filed with nebraska on 23rd August-18

5. Nevergiveup   14 Jan, 19 at 9:47 am

Hi Anil, have you heard of anybody getting approved hard copy earlier than 7 days?

6. Nevergiveup   14 Jan, 19 at 9:47 am

Hi All, I just wanted to update on my H1B Transfer status.

H1B and H4 filed together on October 26th 2018 at Vermont.
    I have i-140 Approved
    Non-CSC background and No masters.
    Jan 9th – H4 approved ( Replicating in new USCIS) Waiting for hardcopy
    H1B – Still says “Case Received on both the Site)
    I will keep you all updated as and when I get H1B approval.
    I believe my SOC is – 1132

7. My I140 was approved an year and a half before and I hv the copy of the approval notice as well. But just checked USCIS website for that receipt number and noticed it still shows as received status. Is there an issue or just the site was not updated ?

• USCIS site is not updated. Do not worry if you have the original i797A notice of approval.

• Thanks Anil!!
        Another question on I140.. I moved to another employer few months back and I am still waiting for my h1 transfer approval. my previous employer stated that they will cancel the I140 sponsor (request to cancel I140 by the sponsoring employer). Will this affect my transfer? Am I still valid to apply for extension beyond my max out with the I140 approval from my previous employer? Any inputs ?
        My max out will be by this march 2019

• Anil Gupta   9 Feb, 19 at 10:08 am

Since you have left the previous employer after 180 days of i140 approval, your i140 cannot be cancelled by previous employer now.
          You are safe and can do H1B Transfer or extension after H1B 6 year max oout period.

8. My H1B extension application was applied on July 2018 but still there is no updates received from USCIS – California Service Center.
    Status shows “Case Was received”. Should I wait for more time or should raise request to USCIS to provide updates if possible?

• Anil Gupta   14 Jan, 19 at 9:47 am

You can raise a service request only when your case receipt date is before the ”raise SR” date given above.

At this time, you have no option but to wait.

9. Hi Anil,
    My H1 extension was petition was filed on Nov 27th 2018 and physical investigation done on 3rd Jan 2019, In this case, please suggest when can I except the result?

10. shashank veerkar   14 Jan, 19 at 9:47 am

Hi,
    My H1-B extension applied in August 2018 regular processing. its receipt date is 10th August, 2018 for vermont center. Today I got RFE for my case. I have to travel to india on 13th Feb for some unavoidable circumstances. Can I wait till feb 19 to respond RFE in premium process, to get response quickly, (i know premium is suspended till Feb-19) or should i respond in normal processing, and how much time it will take to get response of RFE. I dont know what should be the best case to precess? please suggest.

• You get 60 days to respond to RFE. So, if you want, you can wait till Feb 19 and then respond with premium processing upgrade (if it is re-opened).
      Your choice.

I suggest to avoid travel when your extension is pending.
      Has your i94 expired already or not?

What is the validity date on your H1B visa stamp?
      If your visa stamp has expired, you won’t be able to come back to US without the H1B extension approval.

• shashank veerkar   28 Jan, 19 at 8:52 pm

My visa has already expired on dec 3rd 2018. But i have to travel to india with no choice in Feb 13th. Thats why I am thinking what is the best way to go there and come back with stamping with a minimum period of stay there.

• Anil Gupta   9 Feb, 19 at 10:02 am

You cannot return to US without valid visa stamp. So, you will have to stay in India until your extension is approved and then you get the H1B stamp.

• shashank veerkar   9 Feb, 19 at 10:12 am

Yea that is the issue. I hav to wait until i get approval, so what is your opinion in which case i’ll get RFE response quickly, waiting till 19th and then filing in premium or filing in regular in a week or two from now?

• Anil Gupta   9 Feb, 19 at 10:49 am

Yes, premium is the only option to get fast response. But, you never know if USCIS will re-open premium processing or not.
              At this time, regular RFE responses are taking average of 90+ days.

11. Anil Gupta   12 Feb, 19 at 5:52 pm

If the employment is directly with Adobe, then I think it is fairly safe to join based on receipt. These kind of opportunities come-by rarely and I am sure you do not want to miss it.

12. Anil Gupta   12 Feb, 19 at 6:58 pm

I normally suggest to join the new employer only after H1B transfer approval.
    But, these days, when PP is not available, it is difficult to wait.

You can file transfer now and can upgrade it to PP after Feb 19, 2019 if the PP re-opens at that time.

13. Anil Gupta   12 Feb, 19 at 5:38 pm

I do not recommend joining new employer based on receipt unless it is a direct client opportunity.
    Going to a consultancy unless H1B Transfer is approved is highly risky.

14. Anil Gupta   18 Feb, 19 at 1:41 pm

The chances are high that your H1B is approved too but not yet updated on site.
    If not approved, the H1B approval might be on the way pretty soon.

Which service center is it?

15. Vermont. I am really surprised at the speed