Current H1B Processing Times 2019 – Nebraska, California, Vermont

Anil Gupta  19 Mar, 19      1.8k  USA USCIS Processing Time

H1B Processing Time 2019

Receipt *
Please write correct digits from your receipt number.
Receipt Date*
Please provide a valid receipt date.
Visa*
Type*
Processing Type*
Select correct processing type for your case.
Current Status*
Please select correct status.
Status Date*
Please choose correct date.
Comments
RFE Documents

NumberReceiptStatus

163 days / 5 month
H1B transfer receipt date07 Oct, 18 03 Dec, 18
5 month 13 days3 month 16 days
07 Oct, 18 - 03 Dec, 18
163 days / 5 month
Updated: 14:53 CST Next Update: 17:53 CST

H1B premium processing is suspended until Feb 19, 2019 for H1B extension, transfer and amendments at California and Nebraska service centers resulting in increased delays.

Related: H4 Processing Time – California, Vermont

H1B Processing time – Regular Application

H1B Extension, Amendment, Transfer and consular processing times are updated daily for using the official USCIS processing times and data shared by real H1B applicants in various forums and trackers online. H1B amendment is same as H1B extension for processing timeline calculation.

H1B Premium Processing time

Premium processing is available for H1B Extension / Amendment / Transfer cases and its processing time is 15 calendar days.

Raise USCIS SR – Outside Normal Processing Time

If your ‘case received date’ is before the date (worst case) mentioned above, you should raise a service request with USCIS to check why your case has been delayed. This could mean your case is taking longer than other similar cases and may be stuck in administrative processing.

H1B Grace Period – 60 days

If your are laid off by H1B employer, you have 60 days grace to find another H1B sponsor. Does not matter how much processing time an H1B transfer takes place, you can start working immediately based on receipt on or before 60th day.

H1B Visa Approved Status – Admin Processing Time – US Embassy

Do not worry. It takes 7-10 calendar days to process Admin processing cases after visa is approved by visa officer.

Get Green Card Fast on H1B – Kid US citizen?

Yes, kid can sponsor his parent working on H1B visa in USA for a Green card, but only if he is 21 or older under family immigration with proof of financial support.

H1B processing time - Updated Daily
H1B processing time – Updated Daily

USCIS Case pending – 240 day limit?

If you case is pending for result with USCIS and your 240 days after i94 expiry are fast approaching, we strongly recommend to upgrade your application to ‘Premium Processing’ at 200 day mark. This will help you get a result before your 240 day limit and avoid stopping work.

H1B Amendment + Extension and transfer pending applications can keep working after 240 days.

H1B stamping Dropbox Eligibility

Check if you are eligible for DropBox facility in India.

Consular Proc = Visa (Stamp or visa foil) to be issued outside USA in a US Embassy.

1 45 46 47 48 49

1. Praveen Vasireddy   13 Mar, 19 at 9:41 am

I got my H1B in 2018 for 3 months. Oct 3rd – Jan 1st. Moved to a new client with same employer and filed ext + amndment on Dec 28th which went to California SC. Status: Case was received on Dec 29. I see on uscis site that premium is opened for all H1’s from March 12th. Is it applicable to me? If not, when can I expect decision on regular processing?

Thanks in advance.

• Anil Gupta   13 Mar, 19 at 8:27 pm

Premium is open for all H1B applications now and you can apply for it.
      You can expect your H1B Amendment approval by Dec 2019 end.

2. Hi Anil,

Recently after updating to premium my visa got approved. My contract is expiring next soon, I got a new job in the same city and same MSA and same role and title. So do i need to file amendment ? Am planning to go for h1b stamping.

Shalini

• Anil Gupta   13 Mar, 19 at 9:13 am

Your question about H1B Amendment requirement has been added it to our forum as it is out of scope of this page’s content.

I have answered it on forum. You can ask follow up question on forum itself. We answer within 1-24 hours.

• Thank you Anil.
        In LCA there is a old client name and am going for stamping with new client is there any problem and questions related client change ? Do i need to carry any additional documents to support this ?

• Anil Gupta   13 Mar, 19 at 8:45 pm

As i clearly said earlier, please ask your follow up question on the forum thread itself.
          I will answer on the forum itself.

3. Hi Anil,

My H1B filed on Oct 12, 2018 with Nebraska center. The problem is my SOW is till Dec 2018.
    Though i am not very positive considering the SOW.
    Note: I was on L1B for 2 years (2011 – 2013).Got new H1B through lottery in 2014 when i was in india and came to us in Nov 2014.

Below are questions…
    — Shall i expecte result till March 2019 end ?
    — Does my L1B visa period will be counted in 6 year cycle or only H1b period will be considered ?

4. Hi Anil,

My H1-B transfer field on 22nd Feb 2019, when I can expect decision on my case ?
    Also, I would like to check, is it safe to join on H1-B receipt with new employer who is US Product based company ? coz I have one year left on H1-B max-out, so I would like join asap and start gc process.
    Also, is there any news for premium process resume for all ?

Thanks.

5. h1b extension   11 Mar, 19 at 8:26 pm

hello Anil,

My h1b is currently is pending with nebraska service center files on 26th December and i94 is expired

Lets say if i chose to go to a new employer , i understand that if forma bridge application,

Lets consider the scenario of my extension is filed with Employer A and response is pending and transfer has been applied with Employer B.

If my transfer is approved for 1 year and and extension is approved only for 6 months. how would that impact my transfer application.

• Your question about H1B transfer is out of scope of this page. Hence, we have added it to our forum here.

6. Hi Anil,

Last September I have applied for amendment+extension with client C1 and title T1.After updating to premium I got approval.Due to some budget issues am working 10 hours client C1 and another 30 hours C2 and title T1. Both cities are nearby and comes under same MSA.I would like go for stamping now, do i need to file amendment or can I go with client C1 ?thanks,
    Sam

• Anil Gupta   11 Mar, 19 at 9:57 pm

7. Praveen Reddy   11 Mar, 19 at 7:14 pm

My case for H1 extension was filed in Nebraska and receipt date in Nov 5th 2018. When will i get my case approved.
    I also have my i140 approved and last time strangely i only got extension for 1 year. I am at same client and same role is it possible this time ill get 3 years extension

• Anil Gupta   11 Mar, 19 at 7:14 pm

You can expect your H1B extention approval by 15 April 2019.

There is nothing strange. Your SOW validity might be short and hence you got shorter approval.

Did you check it with your Employer or attorney for short validity reason?

• Praveen Reddy   11 Mar, 19 at 7:37 pm

The SOW submitted last time was given for 3 years and this time it was for 2 years.
        Attorney also had no idea why it was only given for an year while client letter and SOW clearly had 3 years mentioned.

8. Ashok Boyina   11 Mar, 19 at 1:49 pm

Finally my H1 b Amendment + Extension approved on March 6 after converting to premium last week and taken around 10 Months. I have some questionsregarding my Validity for approval and I-94 Validity.I has some unfortunate things happened in my process also.please see below

Old H1 b & i- 94 expired on June 30 2018
    May 25 2018 – My H1 B Amendment + Extension filed.Case Recieved
    Jan 14 2019 – Received RFE (Spl Occp & Validity)
    Feb 4 2019 -Responded to RFE (Attorney send Fed Ex)
    Feb 6 2019 – Case status changed to DENIED on Morning
    Feb 7 2019 – Case status changed to “Correspondence received and USCIS is reviewing it” at evening 6 PM
    Feb 14 2019 – Case status changed to “Case was reopened for Reconsideration” , I see there is an service request raised to correct the DENIAL decision due to admin error.
    March 1st 2019 – Converted to premium
    March 6 2019 – Case was approved .

Case Received :May 25 2018
    Notice date :March 6 2019
    H1 B Validity – March 6 2019 to May 10 2021
    I-94 Validity – March 6 2019 to May 10 2021

Now the question is, As validity is not started from Jul 2018 . I will be having the gap of 10 Months? How this can be rectified or Amendment + Extension will be like this? I am worried on my validity dates. please suggest me what may be the next steps,

• Anil Gupta   11 Mar, 19 at 2:46 pm

9. I get following error when I try to check status.
    Validation Error(s)
    You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
    My Case Status does not recognize the receipt number entered. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call

10. Anil just FYI……I hope this helps to update ur records

I got my H1B Extension filed on Oct 2018 CA service center..
    Application got transferred to Vermont service center Jan 23rd 2019.
    Extension approved 02/27/2019 as per I-797 date.

• Anil Gupta   11 Mar, 19 at 1:37 pm

Great. Congratulations and thanks a lot for sharing your case details. We appreciate it.

1 45 46 47 48 49