Current H1B Processing Time 2019 – Nebraska, California, Vermont

By Anil Gupta - Updated on  26 Apr, 19
  2.1k

H1B regular application is taking 2 months to 1 year for approvals. H1B premium processing is getting approval within 1 to 15 days of filing.

Receipt *
Please write correct digits from your receipt number.
Receipt Date*
Please provide a valid receipt date.
Visa*
Type*
Processing Type*
Select correct processing type for your case.
Current Status*
Please select correct status.
Status Date*
Please choose correct date.
Comments
RFE Documents

NumberReceiptStatus

H1B transferLIN19082*****30 Jan, 19
2 month 26 days
14 Nov, 18
5 month 13 days
Updated: 5:59 CST Next Update: 8:59 CST

H1B Processing Time Regular – 2 month to 1 year

H1B Extension, Amendment, Transfer and consular processing times vary from 2 month to 1 year based on your USCIS service center.

How long does H1B transfer take? California Service center is slowest for H1B transfer while Vermont and Nebraska are faster in processing H1B extensions, transfers and Amendments.

The best case H1B approval data is updated daily using the official USCIS processing times and data shared by real H1B applicants in various forums and trackers online. H1B amendment is same as H1B extension for processing timeline calculation.

H1B Premium Processing Time – 15 days

Premium processing is available for H1B Extension / Amendment / Transfer cases and its processing time is 15 calendar days.

H1B regular vs premium processing can make the difference between how fast you see your approval. I always recommend to apply H1B in premium.

Applying H1B in premium does not increase your chances of H1B RFE or denial.

H1B RFE Review Processing Time

USCIS RFE review processing time is 60 days. It can take more time too depending on your case.

Raise SR – USCIS Outside Normal Processing Time

If your ‘case receipt date’ is before the Raise SR date mentioned above, you should raise a service request with USCIS to check why your case has been delayed. This could mean your case is taking longer than other similar cases and may be stuck in administrative processing.

H1B Filed in April – Lottery Result

The new H1B 2020 season applications will start processing in May 2019. You should look at the ‘H1B New‘ application processing time for new Lottery selected applications.

If your petition is selected and you filed in regular, your employer will get receipt notice by April end.

Premium processing cases that are selected in lottery will get email on attorney email address about selection immediately with a receipt number. Premium processing fees will be refunded for un-selected cases.

H1B April 2019 lottery Premium processing cases will get H1B approval by June 4th.

If you did not file in premium processing and receive a receipt notice, your employer can upgrade to premium processing on or after May 20th as long as your petition requested a change of status.

H1B Grace Period – 60 days

If your are laid off by H1B employer, you have 60 days grace to find another H1B sponsor. Does not matter how much processing time an H1B transfer takes place, you can start working immediately based on receipt on or before 60th day.

H1B processing time - Updated Daily
H1B processing time – Updated Daily

USCIS Case Pending – 240 day limit?

You can keep working after 240 days of i94 expiry if your H1B has been filed as Amendment + Extension or transfer.

If you case is pending for approval with USCIS and your 240 days after i94 expiry are fast approaching, we strongly recommend to upgrade your application to ‘Premium Processing’ at 200 day mark. This will help you get a result before your 240 day limit and avoid stopping work.

Top 10 Reasons for H1B RFE

H1b Specialty occupation is the number one reason for H1B RFE and then denial. Third party consulting companies have 20% higher rate of h1B rejection than direct client full time H1B jobs.

Consular Proc = Visa (Stamp or visa foil) to be issued outside USA in a US Embassy.

USA USCIS Processing Time

2,108 Questions & Answers

1. Vijayalakshmi
    Vijayalakshmi 8 Apr, 19 at 1:22 pm

I got my Visa approval today for very short term till June 30,2019. In this scenario, my husband has once stamped his H4 last year and got expired his visa by Jan 04,2019. In order for him to travel here, does he need to stamp his H4 again from the scratch or just go to drop box.
    Note : He has not traveled to US anytime even if he had H4 visa and i have also not applied his extension when i did for mine for Jan 4, 2019. Could you please guide me what he needs to do to travel here.

Anil Gupta 8 Apr, 19 at 2:11 pm

You question about H4 dropbox eligibilty has been added to our forum and answered there.

2. Yashwant Vadlamani
    Yashwant Vadlamani 8 Apr, 19 at 1:31 pm

December 18th 2018, Nebraska service center for H1B extension. When can I expect a decision on my application?

Thanks in advance,
    Yashwant

Anil Gupta 8 Apr, 19 at 2:11 pm

Please use the dates given above to estimate your approval time.

3. Ukj123
    Ukj123 7 Apr, 19 at 5:14 pm

Hi Anil –

My H1B amendment is submitted on Dec 4th 2018 to Vermont Service Center.

RFE is recieved on 26 Jan 2019.

Response to RFE is sent on March 1st 2019.

1. When can i expect result for my RFE response?

2. My I797 and I94 are valid till 2020.
    Can i initiate H1 transfer thru another employer now?

Or

Do i need to wait for result on H1 amendment to file H1 transfer?

Thanks in advance..
    Kiran

Anil Gupta 7 Apr, 19 at 9:26 pm

You can file H1b transfer anytime. No need to wait for amendment result.

4. VANDAN TRIVEDI
    VANDAN TRIVEDI 4 Apr, 19 at 10:50 pm

October 26th 2018 Nebraska – Status still showing case received.

your case is under normal processing window’ when tried to open a service request. Where do I go from here ?

Are the dates reflecting on USCIS sites any indicators at all , as the current information shows processed till 5th dec 2019.

Anil Gupta 5 Apr, 19 at 6:03 am

You can wait for couple of days and then re-try.

• Anish Sreekumar
        Anish Sreekumar 8 Apr, 19 at 2:59 pm

Same case.October 26th 2018 Nebraska – Status still showing case received.
        They are not allowing to open a service request also.How to proceed.

Anil Gupta 8 Apr, 19 at 3:08 pm

We have seen that USCIS shows different dates on their portal than what is in their internal systems and hence, you are not allowed to raise the service request.

My suggestion is to wait for couple of days and then re-try.

Unfortunately, there is no other way to handle this situation that I know of.

• Anish Sreekumar
            Anish Sreekumar 11 Apr, 19 at 10:24 am

Thanks Anil.Today got info that case is approved.

Anil Gupta 11 Apr, 19 at 11:12 am

Great and congratulations. Thanks for sharing your case update.

5. Ankit Patel
    Ankit Patel 4 Apr, 19 at 8:10 pm

How long USCIS takes after opening Services Request ?

Anil Gupta 4 Apr, 19 at 8:12 pm

They can take upto 30 days to respond.

6. Rahul
    Rahul 4 Apr, 19 at 4:27 pm

Hi Anil – I am lottery selected and got the receipt in April 2018. In november, I got RFE and we have submitted the RFE response on 1 feb. So we have got more than 60 days and still have not heard anything from USCIS. Even website is showing updates from Nov, where they issued RFE. It doesn;t even says any acknowldgement of RFE submission. For some of my collegues I can see there status getting updated on website and even for few of them, there case got approved within 30 days itself ( even after submitting RFE after me). So can you help me to know, is there anything to worry about. Also how much more time it could take approx. Its with CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER.

Anil Gupta 4 Apr, 19 at 5:05 pm

There is nothing to worry until the case is denied.
      Some cases take more time than others.

You can upgrade your application to premium and get result within 15 days.

What was the RFE about? Do you know?

• Rahul
        Rahul 4 Apr, 19 at 11:14 pm

It was related to proposed position. How much time it could take for processing, any idea from your experience.

Anil Gupta 5 Apr, 19 at 6:03 am

Your case had already taken an year. The approval should come now.

• Rahul
            Rahul 11 Apr, 19 at 12:20 am

Thanks Anil for taking time and responding to all my queries. Got one more question, if you can help with it too – My attorney who submitted the RFE says we need to wait for 60 days before we open Service request, after RFE submission. My RFE was submitted on 1 Feb 2019. SO does it count 60 days as calendar days or just working days.

• Rahul
      Rahul 10 Apr, 19 at 12:49 am

Hi Anil – as I am still not receiving updates from USCIS on my case, can I go ahead and raise SR. Will that be of any help

Anil Gupta 10 Apr, 19 at 6:43 am

You are eligible to raise service request if your case receipt date is older than the Raise SR date mentioned above.

• Rahul
          Rahul 15 Apr, 19 at 12:54 pm

Hi Anil – We have raised the service request for my case, as its taking more time. Now need your help, if you can – how can we track the status of raised service request/inquiry. I have the service request number.

• Rahul
              Rahul 15 Apr, 19 at 1:35 pm

I checked it on website and there I don;t see anything apart from normal status as RFE issued. (No history there).

Secondly, I checked on USCIS website, by creating account and checked the case history, but there is no update since May 2018.

Is there any other way to check it

Anil Gupta 15 Apr, 19 at 2:44 pm

I am not aware of any other way than mentioned on the link that i shared earlier.

7. KY
    KY 4 Apr, 19 at 1:47 pm

I am in USA on H1B which is gonna max out by early 2020, now my question is if I go back to India now(before I max out here). Do you think my employer could file for a fresh H1B application for me or do we have a cool down period or something like that.

Kratik

Anil Gupta 4 Apr, 19 at 4:26 pm

You question about H1B cool off period has been added to our forum as it is out of scope of this page.

I have answered it there and you can ask follow up question on forum itself.

8. Vijayalakshmi
    Vijayalakshmi 4 Apr, 19 at 11:13 am

Hi Anil. I filed my extension by Nov 7 2018 , received RFE by December 31 2018 and RFE submitted date is March 12 2019 at Vermont center. Could you please let me know when can i expect my status. Thanks in advance.

Anil Gupta 4 Apr, 19 at 11:13 am

At this time, the RFE response is taking anywhere between 60-90 days.

9. shashank veerkar
    shashank veerkar 4 Apr, 19 at 5:45 am

Hi Anil.. I filed my extension RFE in premium and got approval yesterday. How much time it takes to get I-797 original after approval. Is there any chance that i can get soft copy of I-797 before I receive original hard copy. I heard somewhere that attorney receives soft copy via email same day upon approval date.

Anil Gupta 4 Apr, 19 at 7:39 am

Congratulations on approval.
      It will take around 7-21 days to get the official i797 copy.

Attorney only receives the notification over email for approval in case of premium processing.

10. Thiagarajan
    Thiagarajan 3 Apr, 19 at 11:04 pm

Hi Anil, My H1B extension was filed on 26-Oct-2018 at Nebraska Center. I still see the status as case received. But according to USCIS site, processing time shows 05-Dec. When can I expect the result ?

Anil Gupta 4 Apr, 19 at 7:39 am

You should raise a service request with USCIS to ask for your case status. It should have been approved by now.