Current H1B Processing Time 2019 – Nebraska, California, Vermont

By Anil Gupta - Updated on  26 Apr, 19
  2.1k

H1B regular application is taking 2 months to 1 year for approvals. H1B premium processing is getting approval within 1 to 15 days of filing.

Receipt *
Please write correct digits from your receipt number.
Receipt Date*
Please provide a valid receipt date.
Visa*
Type*
Processing Type*
Select correct processing type for your case.
Current Status*
Please select correct status.
Status Date*
Please choose correct date.
Comments
RFE Documents

NumberReceiptStatus

H1B transferLIN19082*****30 Jan, 19
2 month 26 days
14 Nov, 18
5 month 13 days
Updated: 5:57 CST Next Update: 8:57 CST

H1B Processing Time Regular – 2 month to 1 year

H1B Extension, Amendment, Transfer and consular processing times vary from 2 month to 1 year based on your USCIS service center.

How long does H1B transfer take? California Service center is slowest for H1B transfer while Vermont and Nebraska are faster in processing H1B extensions, transfers and Amendments.

The best case H1B approval data is updated daily using the official USCIS processing times and data shared by real H1B applicants in various forums and trackers online. H1B amendment is same as H1B extension for processing timeline calculation.

H1B Premium Processing Time – 15 days

Premium processing is available for H1B Extension / Amendment / Transfer cases and its processing time is 15 calendar days.

H1B regular vs premium processing can make the difference between how fast you see your approval. I always recommend to apply H1B in premium.

Applying H1B in premium does not increase your chances of H1B RFE or denial.

H1B RFE Review Processing Time

USCIS RFE review processing time is 60 days. It can take more time too depending on your case.

Raise SR – USCIS Outside Normal Processing Time

If your ‘case receipt date’ is before the Raise SR date mentioned above, you should raise a service request with USCIS to check why your case has been delayed. This could mean your case is taking longer than other similar cases and may be stuck in administrative processing.

H1B Filed in April – Lottery Result

The new H1B 2020 season applications will start processing in May 2019. You should look at the ‘H1B New‘ application processing time for new Lottery selected applications.

If your petition is selected and you filed in regular, your employer will get receipt notice by April end.

Premium processing cases that are selected in lottery will get email on attorney email address about selection immediately with a receipt number. Premium processing fees will be refunded for un-selected cases.

H1B April 2019 lottery Premium processing cases will get H1B approval by June 4th.

If you did not file in premium processing and receive a receipt notice, your employer can upgrade to premium processing on or after May 20th as long as your petition requested a change of status.

H1B Grace Period – 60 days

If your are laid off by H1B employer, you have 60 days grace to find another H1B sponsor. Does not matter how much processing time an H1B transfer takes place, you can start working immediately based on receipt on or before 60th day.

H1B processing time - Updated Daily
H1B processing time – Updated Daily

USCIS Case Pending – 240 day limit?

You can keep working after 240 days of i94 expiry if your H1B has been filed as Amendment + Extension or transfer.

If you case is pending for approval with USCIS and your 240 days after i94 expiry are fast approaching, we strongly recommend to upgrade your application to ‘Premium Processing’ at 200 day mark. This will help you get a result before your 240 day limit and avoid stopping work.

Top 10 Reasons for H1B RFE

H1b Specialty occupation is the number one reason for H1B RFE and then denial. Third party consulting companies have 20% higher rate of h1B rejection than direct client full time H1B jobs.

Consular Proc = Visa (Stamp or visa foil) to be issued outside USA in a US Embassy.

USA USCIS Processing Time

2,108 Questions & Answers

1. Neeraja
    Neeraja 18 Apr, 19 at 1:45 pm

I responded to my RFE on AUG 30th 2018. I haven’t received any response yet! Vermont service is working on my cast status. I checked the website for processing time period and it says 9 to 12 months. So this 9 to 12 months time counts start from August 30th or April where I filled my case. I am really confused and worried. Can someone provide legit information on this? Thanks in advance 🙂

• Neeraja
      Neeraja 18 Apr, 19 at 1:45 pm

BTW, it’s a new application for my H1B petition.

Anil Gupta 18 Apr, 19 at 3:04 pm

The processing time starts from the application receipt date.
        Did you raise a USCIS service request to know the reason for delay?

2. h1b extension
    h1b extension 17 Apr, 19 at 5:01 pm

What is the expected time for decision for h1b extension applied at nebraska SVC on dec26th in normal processing

Anil Gupta 17 Apr, 19 at 5:16 pm

Please use the processing time mentioned above to estimate your case.

• h1b extension
        h1b extension 20 Apr, 19 at 3:54 pm

AM22 Estimation: We do not have enough data at this time for correct approval estimation. Please try again later.

• h1b extension
          h1b extension 20 Apr, 19 at 3:54 pm

it shows as this for my case

• h1b extension
          h1b extension 22 Apr, 19 at 9:10 am

@spot_anil_gupta:disqus , Can you please check. I can send you my case number if needed

Anil Gupta 22 Apr, 19 at 11:14 am

You can write your case number here in comments and i will check.

• h1b extension
              h1b extension 22 Apr, 19 at 8:24 pm

Sure , LIN1906651516 . Can you please help to check

• h1b extension
              h1b extension 25 Apr, 19 at 8:06 pm

hi @ani@spot_anil_gupta:disqus , did you get chance to look at this and compare my case

Anil Gupta 25 Apr, 19 at 9:01 pm

Sorry..i was stuck with some other things. Will check by tomorrow. It is on my list.

3. Narendra
    Narendra 17 Apr, 19 at 3:58 pm

HI

H1-B Extension Filed – 12-07-18 CSC center
    RFE Received – 02-01-19
    RFE Responded – 23-02-19
    Premium Upgraded – 06-03-19
    Uscis Returned the Premuim processing check Stating ” We have made the decision on your case and notice has been mailed”

But Still we have not received the result on mail.
    Also there online the case is not updated, it says : We have received the RFE response”

We have raised the SR with USCIS on 15th April 19.

After raising SR the online account got update with below comments.

“On April 15,2019 your inquiry about a denial notice that you did not receive, referral number SR****CSC, was assigned to an officer for response.”

Question — Does this mean my H1-B extension has been denied?

Thanks in advance for the help

Anil Gupta 17 Apr, 19 at 4:20 pm

As per the status, it does look like your H1B application was denied.

• Narendra
        Narendra 17 Apr, 19 at 5:48 pm

Thanks for quick reply.

I have one more question I have another company offer can I transfer my H1-B which seems denied for extension?

Anil Gupta 17 Apr, 19 at 6:28 pm

Your status will still be ‘out of status’ even if you file H1B transfer now after the denial. You would still have to leave US and wait for result outside.

4. Raj
    Raj 16 Apr, 19 at 5:22 pm

Hi Team,

My H1B transfer RFE was submitted on 5th Apr19 in Vermont center.

Can any one tell currently how many days premium processing is taking?

Regards
    Raj

• Raj
      Raj 16 Apr, 19 at 5:26 pm

RFE was submitted as premium

Anil Gupta 16 Apr, 19 at 5:37 pm

Premium processing is taking anywhere between 3 to 15 days.

• Raj
          Raj 17 Apr, 19 at 11:09 am

15 days means…is it including sat and Sunday’s?

Anil Gupta 17 Apr, 19 at 4:20 pm

Yes, it is 15 calendar days.

5. Shiv
    Shiv 16 Apr, 19 at 4:14 pm

The status got updated as “ we updated your date of birth for your Form I539, APPLICATION TO EXTEND/CHANGE NONIMMIGRANT STATUS”
    Can you please let me know what this means. Case is still in initial review status

6. King
    King 15 Apr, 19 at 7:05 pm

My employer has received my H1B extension approval email. The starting validity date is given as 04/05/2019 but my ealier petion was expiered on 31-Dec-2018. Extension was applied on Sep-2018 and upgraded to premium in 04/05/2019. Is it an issue? Do i need to get this corrected? Can you please suggest?

Anil Gupta 15 Apr, 19 at 7:34 pm

This is weird. Are you sure that your attorney had filled the correct extention start date on your H1B application form?

• King
        King 22 Apr, 19 at 3:06 pm

Yes Anil, I did check with our attorney, he said it was filed with correct start date. The start date was prior to 31-Dec-2018 in the extension application submitted to USCIS. Some of my friends are saying, if the start date in the USCIS approval is with in 240 days timeframe then it is fine. Is it true?

Anil Gupta 22 Apr, 19 at 5:43 pm

Do not rely on your friends suggestion.

You should have extension approval to cover period immediately after your previous i94 and H1B expiry.

Talk to your attorney and get the date fixed early as possible. If it is USCIS mistake, they will fix it free of cost.

7. km
    km 15 Apr, 19 at 1:35 pm

My H1B transfer was approved in PP on 8th of April. The attorney is yet to receive the approval notice by mail as of 15th April. How long does it usually take for the attorney to receive the approval by mail ?
    Is it fair to assume the transfer is approved (as per uscis website) and move to the new company or would you suggest to wait for the hard-copy of approval ?

Thank you for your time!

Anil Gupta 15 Apr, 19 at 2:34 pm

It can take anywhere between 7-21 days to get approval notice by mail.

You can start working for new company if the case is showing as approved.

• km
        km 15 Apr, 19 at 3:18 pm

Thank you Anil for the quick response. Appreciate it.

8. Yashwant Vadlamani
    Yashwant Vadlamani 15 Apr, 19 at 1:08 pm

Here is an update on my H1B extension application:

Center: Nebraska service center
    Received date: December 18th, 2018
    Status: Approved
    Status change date: April 15th, 2019

Thank you so much. Your website is really helpful for all the applicants to stay updated with all the situations possible.

Regards,
    Yashwant Vadlamani

Anil Gupta 15 Apr, 19 at 1:23 pm

You are welcome. Thanks for sharing your case update. We appreciate it.

• Anuj Sharma
      Anuj Sharma 15 Apr, 19 at 1:34 pm

Hello Yashwant,

Was that Normal processing or Premium?

Anil Gupta 15 Apr, 19 at 2:34 pm

Looking at the dates, it is a normal case.

• Yashwant Vadlamani
          Yashwant Vadlamani 15 Apr, 19 at 3:08 pm

That’s correct Anil. My case is a normal processing.

9. Anuj Sharma
    Anuj Sharma 12 Apr, 19 at 3:02 pm

My H1B extn was filed in Nebraska on Dec 28 2018 in normal processing.
    Today morning my status was “Your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, was transferred to another office for processing.”

Now in evening i have got another update on that as below.
    “Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction”.

Can you let me know , what does it mean?

Anil Gupta 12 Apr, 19 at 4:33 pm

It means what it says. Your case has been transferred to another USCIS service center for processing.

Your attorney will receive an official mail about which service center is it.

• Anuj
        Anuj 15 Apr, 19 at 6:11 pm

Did you hear it from any Uscis new or announcement where Nebraska case is being transferring to other offices?

Anil Gupta 15 Apr, 19 at 6:56 pm

No official news yet.

10. kiru
    kiru 12 Apr, 19 at 11:47 am

I got my H1B approved recently( this is my first h1b approval) and my h1b was holding by an consultant. I got an offer from a company where I was working as contractor in EAD 4 months before and they are ready to take me as a permanent employee but the guy who arranged the interview is saying that i need to work for the consultant who sponsor my visa for atleast 2 to 3 pay cycle and then i can transfer my visa to the company permanently. Is it true that I need to work for the consultant ? Can I transfer my visa to the company without working for the consultant who sponsor my visa. Please advise.

Anil Gupta 12 Apr, 19 at 12:22 pm

My suggestion is to activate your new H1B with the company who filed it by start working for them.
      Otherwise, the chances of RFE in H1B transfer are very high.

• kiru