i130 Processing Time for Spouse, Parents, Brother 2019

Updated  14 Nov, 19
  1.1k

I130 application for US citizen’s spouse green card is taking 3 to 10 months at Texas service center.

USCIS California is slowest in processing I-130 approvals and takes minimum of 1 year.

CALIFORNIAFastest Approved CaseRaise USCIS SR Date
Permanent resident filing for a spouse or child under 21Receipt: 13 Dec, 18
Approved in 11 month 6 days
15 Jul, 18
Slowest case approval in 1 year 4 month
U.S. citizen filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 14 Dec, 15
Approved in 3 year 11 month
14 Oct, 14
Slowest case approval in 5 year 1 month
Permanent resident filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 13 Oct, 15
Approved in 4 year 1 month

23 Aug, 18
Slowest case approval in 1 year 2 month
U.S. citizen filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 14 May, 13
Approved in 6 year 6 month
20 Jun, 11
Slowest case approval in 8 year 4 month
Permanent resident filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 12 Aug, 13
Approved in 6 year 3 month

23 Dec, 18
Slowest case approval in 10 month 26 days
U.S. citizen filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 15 Apr, 19
Approved in 7 month 3 days
23 Dec, 18
Slowest case approval in 10 month 26 days
Permanent resident filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 12 Jul, 19
Approved in 4 month 5 days

16 Aug, 18
Slowest case approval in 1 year 3 month
U.S. citizen filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 17 Dec, 18
Approved in 11 month 2 days
16 Aug, 18
Slowest case approval in 1 year 3 month
Permanent resident filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 14 May, 18
Approved in 1 year 6 month

18 Feb, 19
Slowest case approval in 8 month 29 days
U.S. citizen filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 15 May, 19
Approved in 6 month 3 days
18 Feb, 19
Slowest case approval in 8 month 29 days
Permanent resident filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 15 Dec, 17
Approved in 1 year 11 month
21 May, 17
Slowest case approval in 2 year 5 month
U.S. citizen filing for a married son or daughter over 21Receipt: 13 May, 19
Approved in 6 month 5 days
18 Feb, 19
Slowest case approval in 8 month 29 days
U.S. citizen filing for a brother or sisterReceipt: 13 May, 19
Approved in 6 month 5 days
18 Feb, 19
Slowest case approval in 8 month 29 days

I-130 Sponsor Family for a Green Card

U.S. citizens can sponsor following family members using Form I-130:

• Natural parents, step-parents and adoptive parents
  • Unmarried sons and daughters under the age of 21
  • Husbands and wives
  • Brothers and sisters, adopted siblings, step-siblings and half siblings
  • Married children or children over the age of 21

Family Green Processing Time

How long does it take for I130 to get approved for spouse is based on current processing time mentioned above at the USCIS service center.

Family Green card form i 130 processing times are updated daily for 2018 using the official USCIS processing times and data shared by real applicants in various forums and trackers online.

Did you know that you can get Amazon prime $5.99/mo for EBT card holders?

Electronic benefit transfer (EBT) is an electronic system that allows state welfare departments to issue benefits via a magnetically encoded payment card.

USCIS Outside Normal Processing Time

If your ‘case received date’ is before the date (worst case) mentioned above, you should raise a service request with USCIS to check why your case has been delayed. This could mean your case is taking longer than other similar cases and may be stuck in administrative processing.

Next Step after I-130 is filed?

A Green card priority date (receipt date) is assigned by National Visa Center (NVC) on USCIS-approved i-130.

#1 Family Member is Inside the U.S.

A wait list is created with priority date cut-off and USCIS announces current cut-off dates in monthly Visa Bulletin. If you are in US at the time of your date getting current, you will file i485 application and then track the i485 Green Card Adjustment of Status Processing Time.

#2 Family Member is Outside the U.S.

If your family member is outside of the U.S. at the time of priority date getting current, the NVC will send your petition and their visa number to the family members’ local U.S. consulate or embassy, which will contact the family member to come in and complete visa processing.

File Diversity Visa Green Card – I130 pending

You can file for US diversity Green card lottery visa while your I130- is pending. If you get selected and USCIS approved your DV green card, you can withdraw your pending I-130 application.

In many cases, you will get US permanent residency faster with DV lottery than the family sponsorship.

USA USCIS Processing Time

1. Mujahed
    Mujahed

Hi i am green card holder I filed for my unmarried son under 21 years old in California center and my receipt date October 5th 2017 how long more you think will need for approval

2. abdul_ghafar
    abdul_ghafar

Hi guys I filled 130 form for pareent as usc on 23 of jan 2019 Texas service center when should expect approval
    Tnx

4. daneedj
    daneedj

Thanks Lumu. It was the California Center.

5. Syedasaba
    Syedasaba

Hi
    My husband is a US citizen and file for a spouse Visa i130 on 23 August 2018 at NEBRASKA center. It’s been more than 10 months still I didn’t receive my approval. Can you tell me how long does it take for my approval.

Saba

1,138 Useful Questions & Answers

1. Sam
    Sam 5 Feb, 19 at 2:36 pm

got a mail from nvc on December 29 about nvc working with Mumbai (ind) to schedule an interview date but I still didn’t get any mail including interview date . When do I expect this mail and how long should I wait for interview. my Priority date is 27 feb 2017

You will get it soon. Don’t worry. Normally, it is within a month but there could be delays due to government shutdown.

• Sam
        Sam 9 Feb, 19 at 2:09 pm

How long ? Can I get within 1 month on more ?

• Sam
        Sam 10 Feb, 19 at 12:25 pm

And one more that I get visa call only after my date mention in visa Bulletin?

Yes, you can only get call if your PD is current in the visa bulletin.

What is your country of birth and what’s your priority date?

• Sam
            Sam 11 Feb, 19 at 1:49 pm

India and 27 February 2017 is my Pd

Is your priority date current based on the sponsor category and your relationship and age?

• Sam
                Sam 12 Feb, 19 at 3:50 pm

I don’t know that is my pd is current or not ..my husband is green card .will you plz check weather my Pd is current or not

Current Indian PD is 1 dec 2016 for F2A category.
                  When the PD date reaches 27 feb 2017, then you will get call for interview.

• Alia
        Alia 23 Feb, 19 at 2:55 am

hi anil my husband is US citizen he applied for me in september 2018 I-130 petition. the documents are approved from home line security now the status is that the documents are in NYC national visa centre. so can you please tell me how much time it will take now?

Which USCIS service center is it?
          Check your USCIS receipt number’s first 3 letters to know the center name.

• Alia
            Alia 23 Feb, 19 at 1:10 pm

texas service centre

You can expect you I-130 approval in another 3 months. All the best.

2. daria
    daria 5 Feb, 19 at 2:36 pm

Hi,
    We applied for our petition (CR1- US Citizen) on December 12th and our receipt date is December 14th at Texas Service Center. When will we get our noa2 approx. ? Thanks.

You can expect approval of I-130 by July 2019 first week.

3. Rupamani Narine
    Rupamani Narine 28 Jan, 19 at 8:52 pm

My priority date is July 27, 2017, when can I expect my approval for I-130? F2a category, California center, I’m from Guyana.

Anil Gupta 28 Jan, 19 at 8:52 pm

You can expect approval in another 4 months from now.

• Rupamani Narine
        Rupamani Narine 9 Feb, 19 at 10:02 am

But the best case approval is July 30,2017, that’s after my date which is July 27,2017

If you get lucky, you may get approval earlier as the best case.
          I just told you the average case processing time estimate.

• Rupamani Narine
        Rupamani Narine 9 Feb, 19 at 10:02 am

Has anyone got approval as ur best case approval?

4. Jimmy
    Jimmy 28 Jan, 19 at 8:52 pm

Hi admin,
    Hope you are doing well.
    Just want to know on which forum you have see that the i-130 for July 5, 18 has been approved by nebrask service center . Can you please share the forum ?
    Thank

Anil Gupta 28 Jan, 19 at 8:52 pm

We cannot share the forum data.

• Jimmy
        Jimmy 28 Jan, 19 at 8:52 pm

Are u sure that at Nebraska service center they are processing petion i-130 from April 13 ,2018 to 6 July,2018 because the USCIS said the receipt date is April 12, 2018 ?

Not all applications are processing between the time frame. Some applications get delayed too.
          We have just shared the best case approval that was found.

5. Navid Mashhadi
    Navid Mashhadi 28 Jan, 19 at 8:51 pm

How long is the procedure if i apply green card for my siblings Next week? i will apply to Texas center. (Indian citizen)

Anil Gupta 28 Jan, 19 at 8:51 pm

It depends on category your siblings fall in and your own US citizenship status.
      Your siblings age also matters.

• nazia usman
        nazia usman 9 Feb, 19 at 10:01 am

my age is 37 yrs married with kids elder one is 7yrs .I am from pakistan.

It will take more than 11 years for you to get Green card if your brother files it in Jan 2019 as per current trend.

• nazia usman
            nazia usman 9 Feb, 19 at 10:42 am

ooh any other way to take 5 or 6 yrs its too 11 yrs .U have any advise ?
            thanks

• nazia usman
              nazia usman 9 Feb, 19 at 10:42 am

Kindly tell me when we get the approvel email after pepers file?

Which service center has your application been filed at?

I don’t think there is any other way due to your age category (greater than 21).

All the best.

6. nazia usman
    nazia usman 28 Jan, 19 at 8:51 pm

hi Anil ,
    please guide us how many years waiting for sibling base immigration my brother is a USA passport holder .If he file case in jan 2019 .please reply .

What is your age and marital status? The processing time varies by your age and marital status.

7. Nusrat Jahan
    Nusrat Jahan 28 Jan, 19 at 8:51 pm

I’m from Bangladesh. I applied for my spouse as a citizen. My I-130 receipt date is September 30, 2018 has been approved by Texas service center. Please let me know when it can be approved by USCIS?

I don’t understand your question correctly.
      If your application is approved by Texas service center, then it means that it is approved by USCIS.

Is you spouse already in USA or outside USA?

Nusrat Jahan 9 Feb, 19 at 10:11 am

I’m from Bangladesh. I applied for my spouse as a citizen. My I-130 receipt date is September 30, 2018. It is in Texas service center. Please let me know when it can be approved by USCIS?

Why are you writing the same thing again?
          Did you read what i asked you as a follow up question?

I cannot answer unless you answer the question that i asked.

Nusrat Jahan 9 Feb, 19 at 2:10 pm

Sorry for that. My spouse is outside USA.

Your spouse should get it within one month.

Nusrat Jahan 11 Feb, 19 at 8:12 am

Nusrat Jahan 11 Feb, 19 at 1:50 pm

Yesterday I saw my best case approval was 4 months 15 days, today it is 5 months 19 days. On yesterday’s report you told “Your spouse should get it within one month”. What about today?

Did you not say that your I130 is approved by USCIS already?

The above dates are for processing time of I130 application.

Once I130 is approved, you have to be contacted by USCIS in your country (where spouse is) for Green card immigration stamp if your priority date is current.
                    That’s why I told you 1 month.

Nusrat Jahan 11 Feb, 19 at 1:51 pm

I mistakenly wrote that. 4 months have been passed from my receipt date. If the best case date doesn’t get reduced then It’s 2 months right

Best case date is for application that has been most recently approved.
                      It does not mean that your case will be aprappro by that date too.

If you get lucky, then it is possible that you also get result by ‘best case’ date but it’s not guaranteed.

Most cases are resolved with average time and you should look at the ‘raise SR’ date.

Nusrat Jahan 12 Feb, 19 at 3:50 pm

I got the receipt letter after 5 days of filing. can it become best case?

Receipt letter speed does not guarantee the best case.
                      It is your luck that matters. If your case gets approved faster than others, then yes, you can be the best case.

Nusrat Jahan 12 Feb, 19 at 7:41 pm

As you know I am a citizen. My Bangladeshi spouse’s I-130 receipt date is September 30, 2018 at Texas service center. Please let me know when it can be approved by USCIS?

I think that your I-130 will be approved by June 2019 second week.

Nusrat Jahan 12 Feb, 19 at 9:28 pm

That means this is not best case. It is raise sr right

Ya..very few cases are processed that early and become best case.

Nusrat Jahan 20 Feb, 19 at 8:44 pm

Why does date goes back and forth. for example today’s texas date is 16 sept. yesterday it was 15 sep. day before yesterday it was 17 sep.

Sometimes, users just share the wrong date and system corrects it automatically. That’s why sometimes dates move back.

Nusrat Jahan 27 Feb, 19 at 2:47 pm

When will you publish next best case numbers?
                      My Bangladeshi spouse’s I-130 receipt date is September 28, 2018 at Texas service center. Please let me know when it can be approved by USCIS? Can it become a best case?

The page is updated every 3 hours and shows the best dates that it could find.

Earlier you mentioned that receipt date is Sep 30, 2018 and i did answer your query with my estimates.

Nusrat Jahan 27 Feb, 19 at 4:27 pm

Sorry I said wrong without seeing the paper

Nusrat Jahan 28 Feb, 19 at 6:48 pm

You did answer but now Citizen spouse’s best case date in Texas is 21 Jun- Oct 1 which is into my case date. That’s why I want to know can it become best case?

If you get lucky, your case may become the best case. Anyone’s case can be approved the earliest and be the fastest to get approved.

Nusrat Jahan 3 Mar, 19 at 12:43 am

Would you please tell me when will you publish best case results?

Anil Gupta 3 Mar, 19 at 11:38 am

Best case results are already shown above. It updates every 3 hours.

8. Rupamani Narine
    Rupamani Narine 14 Jan, 19 at 9:47 am

How long after approval for I-130 for spouse permanent resident, do I expect my interview for the permanent?

Anil Gupta 14 Jan, 19 at 10:05 am

The interview date varies with each service center.

• Rupamani Narine
        Rupamani Narine 9 Feb, 19 at 10:03 am

California center I’m at

I think it is 8-9 months at this time.

• Rupamani Narine
            Rupamani Narine 9 Feb, 19 at 10:44 am

That long? As I see approval is 1 year 6 months and final date is 24 months so how can it take 8-9 months for interview?

These timings are for i130 approval and not interview.

9. Rupamani Narine
    Rupamani Narine 14 Jan, 19 at 9:47 am

From where do u get these best case approval?

Anil Gupta 14 Jan, 19 at 10:04 am

Data is collected by using data from various user driven tracker forums.

10. Jean Cárdenas
    Jean Cárdenas 14 Jan, 19 at 9:47 am

I have filed an I-130 (F2A category) with priority date of 19-jan-2018. Am I close to receive approval? With this approval can I start the next steps (DS-260 and others)?

Anil Gupta 14 Jan, 19 at 10:04 am

Which service center has it been applied to? And which country are you from?

• Jean Cárdenas
        Jean Cárdenas 28 Jan, 19 at 8:52 pm

California. I’m from Colombia, but currently living in Brazil. Thanks.

You case will take another 7-8 months to reach a result.

11. Anil Gupta

Is your I-130 approved?
    What is your age? Looks like you are stuck due to the visa bulletin dates.

12. Anil Gupta

2011? Are you sure you are talking about I-130 application filed in 2011 or the green card waiting?
    What country is your family from?

13. Anil Gupta

The processing time varies with each USCIS service center? Currently California is taking 3.5 years to approve I-130 and other centers are in the range of 8-10 months for your case of US citizen filing for un-married son over 21 years.

Once I-130 is approved, the i485 can be filed using the PD date in the visa bulletin.

14. Anil Gupta

PD = priority date.
    Yes, it is usually the date you filed your I-130 application.

You can file i485 only when PD date gets current in visa bulletin. There is a possibility that it takes more than 7 years to get current.
    It does not necessarily move ahead each month.

15. Anil Gupta

Your question is incomplete. I won’t be able to answer. Sorry.

16. Anil Gupta
    Anil Gupta 7 Mar, 19 at 10:42 am

I cannot guess sponsor status and the category your have filed.
    I cannot guess which service center your application is filed at.

I cannot answer until you share the details.
    We will be forced to remove your comments if you just keep asking without giving enough information for us to answer.

17. Anil Gupta
    Anil Gupta 9 Mar, 19 at 9:23 am

The first step is to get I-130 approval. You can expect your approval by June 2019 end for your application filed at California service center.
    Then, your you will need to check your priority date in monthly visa bulletin.
    Once you PD date is current in visa bulletin, NVC will call you for Green card interview.

18. Anil Gupta
    Anil Gupta 9 Mar, 19 at 10:09 am

Did you read my answer and the link that i shared?

19. Anil Gupta
    Anil Gupta 7 May, 19 at 5:46 am

Please use the time given above to estimate. I cannot give perfect time.