i130 Processing Time for Spouse, Parents, Brother 2019

8 Sep, 19
  1.1k

I130 application for US citizen’s spouse green card is taking 3 to 10 months at Texas service center.

USCIS California is slowest in processing I-130 approvals and takes minimum of 1 year.

CALIFORNIA Fastest Approved Case Raise USCIS SR Date
Permanent resident filing for a spouse or child under 21Receipt: 06 Feb, 18
Approved in 1 year 7 month
12 Aug, 17
Slowest case approval in 2 year
U.S. citizen filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 07 Dec, 15
Approved in 3 year 9 month
26 Oct, 14
Slowest case approval in 4 year 10 month
Permanent resident filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 08 Sep, 15
Approved in 4 year

26 Aug, 18
Slowest case approval in 1 year
U.S. citizen filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 08 Apr, 13
Approved in 6 year 5 month
18 May, 11
Slowest case approval in 8 year 3 month
Permanent resident filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 05 Jun, 13
Approved in 6 year 3 month

06 Nov, 18
Slowest case approval in 10 month 6 days
U.S. citizen filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 04 Feb, 19
Approved in 7 month 6 days
06 Nov, 18
Slowest case approval in 10 month 6 days
Permanent resident filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 06 May, 19
Approved in 4 month 5 days

08 Jun, 18
Slowest case approval in 1 year 3 month
U.S. citizen filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 09 Oct, 18
Approved in 11 month 4 days
08 Jun, 18
Slowest case approval in 1 year 3 month
Permanent resident filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 09 Oct, 18
Approved in 11 month 4 days

29 Dec, 18
Slowest case approval in 8 month 13 days
U.S. citizen filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 05 Apr, 19
Approved in 5 month 6 days
29 Dec, 18
Slowest case approval in 8 month 13 days
Permanent resident filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 05 Aug, 19
Approved in 1 month 4 days
10 Feb, 19
Slowest case approval in 7 month
U.S. citizen filing for a married son or daughter over 21Receipt: 08 Apr, 19
Approved in 5 month 3 days
29 Dec, 18
Slowest case approval in 8 month 13 days
U.S. citizen filing for a brother or sisterReceipt: 08 Apr, 19
Approved in 5 month 3 days
29 Dec, 18
Slowest case approval in 8 month 13 days

I-130 Sponsor Family for a Green Card

U.S. citizens can sponsor following family members using Form I-130:

• Natural parents, step-parents and adoptive parents
  • Unmarried sons and daughters under the age of 21
  • Husbands and wives
  • Brothers and sisters, adopted siblings, step-siblings and half siblings
  • Married children or children over the age of 21

Family Green Processing Time

How long does it take for I130 to get approved for spouse is based on current processing time mentioned above at the USCIS service center.

Family Green card form i 130 processing times are updated daily for 2018 using the official USCIS processing times and data shared by real applicants in various forums and trackers online.

Did you know that you can get Amazon prime $5.99/mo for EBT card holders?

Electronic benefit transfer (EBT) is an electronic system that allows state welfare departments to issue benefits via a magnetically encoded payment card.

USCIS Outside Normal Processing Time

If your ‘case received date’ is before the date (worst case) mentioned above, you should raise a service request with USCIS to check why your case has been delayed. This could mean your case is taking longer than other similar cases and may be stuck in administrative processing.

Next Step after I-130 is filed?

A Green card priority date (receipt date) is assigned by National Visa Center (NVC) on USCIS-approved i-130.

#1 Family Member is Inside the U.S.

A wait list is created with priority date cut-off and USCIS announces current cut-off dates in monthly Visa Bulletin. If you are in US at the time of your date getting current, you will file i485 application and then track the i485 Green Card Adjustment of Status Processing Time.

#2 Family Member is Outside the U.S.

If your family member is outside of the U.S. at the time of priority date getting current, the NVC will send your petition and their visa number to the family members’ local U.S. consulate or embassy, which will contact the family member to come in and complete visa processing.

File Diversity Visa Green Card – I130 pending

You can file for US diversity Green card lottery visa while your I130- is pending. If you get selected and USCIS approved your DV green card, you can withdraw your pending I-130 application.

In many cases, you will get US permanent residency faster with DV lottery than the family sponsorship.

USA USCIS Processing Time

1. Mujahed
    Mujahed

Hi i am green card holder I filed for my unmarried son under 21 years old in California center and my receipt date October 5th 2017 how long more you think will need for approval

2. abdul_ghafar
    abdul_ghafar

Hi guys I filled 130 form for pareent as usc on 23 of jan 2019 Texas service center when should expect approval
    Tnx

Hi @Amna
    The “best case receipt date” means the case which our service found to have been approved most recently. The cases are checked on various forums where users report their approvals.

It is up-to you to believe it or not.

5. daneedj
    daneedj

Thanks Lumu. It was the California Center.

1,110 Useful Questions & Answers

1. nini
    nini 19 Mar, 19 at 6:53 pm

Hello, my receipt number was 09/27/2017, l.130 spouse California service center how long it takes to have an answer. How long does it take to bookmark the visa interview?

What is your spouse status in US: Green card or US citizen?

• nini
        nini 20 Mar, 19 at 4:20 pm

Green Card. And my birth country is France.

You can expect your I-130 approval by July 2019 end. This is step 1.

Once your I-130 is approved, the second step is Green card interview which happens based on visa bulletin dates.
          As per visa bulletin of Mar 2019, USCIS is giving green cards to people whose priority date is 08 JAN 17 or earlier.
          Your priority date is 27 Sep 2017.

• nini
            nini 20 Mar, 19 at 5:59 pm

I mean, if everything goes well, will I be in the US by October?

I don’t think October would be possible. It depends on how fast the visa bulletin moves ahead.

• nini
                nini 20 Mar, 19 at 6:08 pm

Until when do you think until what month I can be in the US?

I do not have an estimate for your green card at this time.

2. matt
    matt 19 Mar, 19 at 11:19 am

US Citizen applied for i130 spouse visa in NOV 18. She has a travel B1 visa from earlier but is currently unemployed. Can she come visit ? No idea about approval times either.

She can travel to US on B1 visa but an entry may be denied as her immigration application is pending.
      B1 visa does not allow immigration intent.

• matt
        matt 19 Mar, 19 at 12:11 pm

Oh okay. The Texas center lists processing times as 7-10 months. Is that until the approval is given or is there additional wait time for interview date?

The first step is to get I-130 approval and then step 2 is to get Green card interview date. Green card interview can only happen after step 1 has been completed.

3. Billy Bilonda
    Billy Bilonda 19 Mar, 19 at 5:29 am

My husband filed the I 130 on the 20 of july 2018,he is a green card holder, and my case is at the california center, how long will take for the I 130 to be approved?

Anil Gupta 19 Mar, 19 at 8:03 am

You can expect your I-130 approval by May 2020 end.

• Billy Bilonda
        Billy Bilonda 19 Mar, 19 at 11:46 am

Thank you. After the approval how long the whole process will take for me to be with him in the US?

After I-130 approval, the National visa center will call you for green card processing if your country of birth priority date is current.

What is your country of birth?

• Billy Bilonda
            Billy Bilonda 19 Mar, 19 at 12:41 pm

Republic democratic of congo(kinshasa)

Your priority date is 20 July 2018.

• Billy Bilonda
                Billy Bilonda 20 Mar, 19 at 12:29 am

Okay, its mean that i will get mine in 2020. One more year to wait?

Anil Gupta 20 Mar, 19 at 8:21 am

The visa bulletin dates do not necessarily move ahead each month. You have to keep checking the visa bulletin to see if they are moving ahead or not and at what speed after your I-130 has been approved.

• Billy Bilonda
                    Billy Bilonda 20 Mar, 19 at 9:53 am

Thank you.

4. Coolboyshane
    Coolboyshane 19 Mar, 19 at 12:37 am

Hello,

I know that you’re an expert in immigration-related questions. I would really appreciate if you could help me to file for I 130. The new law is pretty scary and time-consuming process. The USCIS officer has the sole discretion to deny an application without RFE, So I want to make sure the application is filled correctly and provide all the required relevant documents. Kindly advise me what is the best way to file. My wife who is a US citizen is planning to file for i130 from New York. We got married in January and it was arranged by parents. Since I don’t live in the US, I need to apply for CR1 visa from my home country. Please advise what are the documents required to file along with the i130 application. I have the marriage certificate, passport size photos, My wife’s naturalization. Regarding the bona fide requirement, Can I submit wedding and honeymoon photos, Chat history for the past 3 months, and maybe affidavit letter from our families? Kindly advise me based on your experience.

Anil Gupta 19 Mar, 19 at 8:03 am

I suggest to take help of an attorney to file your application.

5. lizbeth rojas vital
    lizbeth rojas vital 13 Mar, 19 at 9:42 am

Hola tengo una pregunta mi esposo es residente pero me metió la aplicación en diciembre 18 2017 no save cuanto tiempo estará aprobada …

¿Sabes qué centro de servicio de USCIS es?

• lizbeth rojas vital
        lizbeth rojas vital 14 Mar, 19 at 9:37 am

California service center

Puede esperar su aprobación de la I-130 para finales de septiembre de 2019.

6. Jonathan Gomez
    Jonathan Gomez 13 Mar, 19 at 8:59 am

Hola, no entiendo, porque el día de ayer me mostraba el mejor caso de aprobación en septiembre 25 y hoy se regresó a julio 25 que pasó allí?

• Jonathan Gomez
      Jonathan Gomez 13 Mar, 19 at 8:59 am

En california service center estaba ayer en septiembre y se regreso a julio, que está pasando.

Anil Gupta 13 Mar, 19 at 9:13 am

We corrected the dates on the records shared by users that were wrongly entered after verification of cases from USCIS website.

This can happen if users enter wrong receipt dates to say that their case was approved.

• Jonathan Gomez
          Jonathan Gomez 13 Mar, 19 at 9:21 am

Te entiendo, pero es que en la página oficial de USCIS estaba en marzo 11 y se regresó a enero, como van a poner ellos casos aprobados de marzo y luego se regresan a enero.

Anil Gupta 13 Mar, 19 at 9:21 am

USCIS cambia la fecha todos los meses y la mueve hacia atrás. No sé cómo lo hacen.

• Jonathan Gomez
              Jonathan Gomez 13 Mar, 19 at 9:21 am

Pero porque… es desesperante cuando ya uno se siente cerca la retrasan, ósea que los de marzo fueron datos incorrectos? Mejor voy a llamar a USCIS A QUEJARME estoy muy molesto.

Los datos de USCIS no están equivocados. No hay nada que puedas hacer al respecto excepto esperar.

Anil Gupta 13 Mar, 19 at 9:21 am

Corrigimos las fechas en los registros compartidos por los usuarios que ingresaron incorrectamente después de verificar los casos en el sitio web de USCIS.

Esto puede suceder si los usuarios ingresan fechas de recepción incorrectas para decir que su caso fue aprobado.

7. Rima
    Rima 12 Mar, 19 at 10:10 pm

Why this rais RS is of January..it was March 3 ? Why 1 month delays

I don’t understand your question.

• Trang Olive
        Trang Olive 12 Mar, 19 at 11:20 pm

He meant it was shown the processing time for form I-130 to get aprroved on March 1 2017 but today it showed Jan 25 2017. How can it be?

• Sima
          Sima 12 Mar, 19 at 11:42 pm

Thank you ..that is what I want to say

Anil Gupta 13 Mar, 19 at 9:13 am

Which service center is it? Assuming you are talking about “Raise SR” date moving back, this “Raise SR” is the date that USCIS officially publishes.
          USCIS moves it back every month as per their wish and the time that they think they will allow for people to create a “Service request”.

• Sima
            Sima 13 Mar, 19 at 1:56 pm

Yes but does this affects after cc mail ? California center

What is cc mail?

8. Rincy
    Rincy 11 Mar, 19 at 11:24 pm

Hi my husband filed for i-130 on sept 2017. Dec 2018 he became US citizen. What is the processing time for spouse living in India ? It’s already been 1year 5months. Please guide me

• Rincy
      Rincy 11 Mar, 19 at 11:33 pm

And ya it’s from California service

Did your spouse upgrade your application to US citizen category? If yes, then when was the upgrade filed?

• Rincy
          Rincy 12 Mar, 19 at 1:42 am

Yes the upgrade was filed and they said to wait for 5 months and now it’s already 5months 15 days

• Rincy
            Rincy 12 Mar, 19 at 1:57 am

My husband been a citizen on September 2018 and on 12th of September 2018 he filed for upgrade of I130 .. the letter received by 26th September 2018 and was told to wait for FIVE months. Today is March 12, 2018
            Can You please tell me how more wait?

Anil Gupta 12 Mar, 19 at 11:09 am

Do you know if the I-130 application transferred to any other USCIS service center after the US citizenship upgrade?

• Rincy
                Rincy 12 Mar, 19 at 12:14 pm

No sir, I haven’t got such mails representing transfer notice.

Can you check with your spouse or attorney who filed your I-130 application?

• Rincy
                    Rincy 12 Mar, 19 at 10:10 pm

Yes sir. I checked my spouse told the case is processing in california itself

I do not have the processing time detail for your case then after the upgrade to US citizenship application.

• Rincy
                      Rincy 12 Mar, 19 at 10:50 pm

Ok no worries.

9. eduardo arias
    eduardo arias 11 Mar, 19 at 8:33 pm

Hola soy residente y estoy pidiendo a mi esposa , mi fecha de prioridad es 17 agosto del 2017 y mi caso esta en California, esos regustros de 1 año y 5 meses son reales ? Para cuando podria esperar aprobación? Gracias

Puede esperar su aprobación I-130 para su esposa a fines de junio de 2019.

10. LT Ngo
    LT Ngo 11 Mar, 19 at 1:36 pm

Hi , I am LT, U.S citizen, I filed I-130 for my wife and I got a receipt number starting with “LIN ××××” , by when can I expect an approval if done correctly? Thank you.

You have not mentioned your date of filing I-130.
      Anyways, it is currently taking 9 months at Nebraska to get approval for I-130 filed by US citizen for their spouse.

• LT Ngo
        LT Ngo 11 Mar, 19 at 3:45 pm

My receipt date was November 30th.