i130 Processing Time for Spouse, Parents, Brother 2019

By Anil Gupta - Updated on  26 Apr, 19

USCIS i130 Green card Processing Time 2019

Receipt *
Please write correct digits from your receipt number.
Receipt Date*
Please provide a valid receipt date.
Visa*
Type*
Processing Type*
Select correct processing type for your case.
Current Status*
Please select correct status.
Status Date*
Please choose correct date.
Comments
RFE Documents

NumberReceiptStatus
Pending  Approved  RFE,   Denied  Your case  Verified Status

CALIFORNIABest CaseReceipt DateUSCIS Service Request
Permanent resident filing for a spouse or child under 2117249*****30 Sep, 17
1 year 6 month
08 Apr, 17
2 year
U.S. citizen filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 2116208*****29 Jul, 16
2 year 9 month
28 Aug, 15
3 year 8 month
Permanent resident filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 2115249*****28 Sep, 15
3 year 7 month

28 Sep, 18
7 month
U.S. citizen filing for a spouse, parent, or child under 2119061*****28 Dec, 18
3 month 29 days
28 Sep, 18
7 month
U.S. citizen filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 2113143*****29 Apr, 13
5 year 12 month
18 Jul, 11
7 year 9 month
Permanent resident filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 2113143*****29 Apr, 13
5 year 12 month

28 Sep, 18
7 month
U.S. citizen filing for a spouse, parent, or child under 2118250*****29 Sep, 18
6 month 29 days
04 Jul, 18
9 month 26 days
U.S. citizen filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 2118249*****27 Sep, 18
7 month 1 days
04 Jul, 18
9 month 26 days
Permanent resident filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 2119062*****31 Dec, 18
3 month 26 days

13 Jul, 18
9 month 17 days
U.S. citizen filing for a spouse, parent, or child under 2118249*****27 Sep, 18
7 month 1 days
13 Jul, 18
9 month 17 days
U.S. citizen filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 2118250*****30 Sep, 18
6 month 28 days
13 Jul, 18
9 month 17 days
Permanent resident filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 2118250*****30 Sep, 18
6 month 28 days

7 month 1 days
12 Jun, 18
10 month 18 days
Updated: 6:00 CST Next Update: 9:00 CST

I-130 Sponsor Family for a Green Card

U.S. citizens can sponsor following family members using Form I-130:

• Natural parents, step-parents and adoptive parents
  • Unmarried sons and daughters under the age of 21
  • Husbands and wives
  • Brothers and sisters, adopted siblings, step-siblings and half siblings
  • Married children or children over the age of 21

Family Green Processing time – Regular Application

How long does it take for I130 to get approved for spouse is based on current processing time mentioned above at the USCIS service center.

Family Green card form i 130 processing times are updated daily for 2018 using the official USCIS processing times and data shared by real applicants in various forums and trackers online.

Raise USCIS Case Service Request – Outside Normal Processing Time

If your ‘case received date’ is before the date (worst case) mentioned above, you should raise a service request with USCIS to check why your case has been delayed. This could mean your case is taking longer than other similar cases and may be stuck in administrative processing.

Next step after I-130 is filed?

A Green card priority date (receipt date) is assigned by National Visa Center (NVC) on USCIS-approved i-130.

A wait list is created with priority date cut-off and USCIS announces current cut-off dates in monthly Visa Bulletin.

i485 Green Card Adjustment of Status Processing Time

Family member is inside the U.S.

If your family member is inside the U.S. at the time their priority date becomes current, they need to file Form I-485 Green Card application to change their status to permanent resident (green card).

Family member is Outside the U.S.

If your family member is outside of the U.S. at the time of priority date getting current, the NVC will send your petition and their visa number to the family members’ local U.S. consulate or embassy, which will contact the family member to come in and complete visa processing.

Current i130 green card for-family processing time

USA USCIS Processing Time

712 Questions & Answers

1. Lareine
    Lareine 14 Apr, 19 at 8:26 am

Hello, my husband is a us citizen and he filed i130 for spouse visa and we got the receipt number few days ago. I live in lebanon. I want to ask is it a good idea to apply for k3 spouse visa nowadays to fasten the process and when I get to usa I apply for the greencard after i130 is approved? Or k3 visa is being denied?

Anil Gupta 14 Apr, 19 at 8:53 am

Each US visa type has its own chances of approval based on your situation and intent.
      If you can get K3 visa, you can come to USA.

• Lareine
        Lareine 14 Apr, 19 at 10:06 am

How long does it take for k3 visa to be out?

2. RinBon
    RinBon 13 Apr, 19 at 1:32 pm

Hello Anil. My husband who is a citizen after recently upgraded from permanent resident .. he filed i130 for spouse visa (India) California service. I know there’s no data for citizens filing for spouse processing time. So is it ok to submit case enquiry for outside normal processing times. Because it’s now 1.6 years since he filed and we just got the receipt number that’s it. And is it ok to call them and enquire about the processing time?? Please let me know something

Anil Gupta 13 Apr, 19 at 1:41 pm

You can request to raise a service request.

3. miquiel Hussain
    miquiel Hussain 11 Apr, 19 at 5:43 pm

Can you please explain why Permanent resident apply for spouse approval time is shorter than US citizen appy for spouse in texas Service center?

Anil Gupta 11 Apr, 19 at 6:02 pm

Only USCIS can explain it.

4. UmitP
    UmitP 9 Apr, 19 at 1:50 am

Hi, My sister filed for me at Texas Center around 5 years ago. I’m 35 years and married. At that time I was reading everywhere that it takes 10 years for processing. but now I saw that it changed to 9 months for Texas Center. Is it true? So what happened to my case?

Anil Gupta 9 Apr, 19 at 5:44 am

This processing time is only for form I-130 approval. Once the I-130 is approved, you need to wait until your country’s priority date gets current and then you will get a call for Green card interview.

5. NEEL PATEL
    NEEL PATEL 7 Apr, 19 at 5:06 am

Hey.Is the I-130 file processing duration back to max.10 month? As it was changed few days back for nebraska Centre?

• Grace white
      Grace white 7 Apr, 19 at 7:00 am

I think so, I have followed their processing time since the date I submitted my I 130, however, last week I was shocked when I opened the website as usual, the processing time was changed from max. 9 months to max. 12 months now for U.S. citizens petition for spouse

6. ibrahim jouda
    ibrahim jouda 6 Apr, 19 at 5:20 pm

I am a US Citizen, i filed petition for spouse visa, the i130 was received by nebraska service center on dec 27th, 2018,
    any idea how long is going to take to get approval ??
    thanks.

Anil Gupta 6 Apr, 19 at 7:42 pm

Please use your best estimate based on above mentioned dates.

7. Humayun Ahmed
    Humayun Ahmed 6 Apr, 19 at 11:05 am

I am a US Citizen, i filed petition for my wife for spouse visa, the i130 was received by nebraska service center on july 20th, 2018. I am guessing i can hearing something by May of 2019 2nd week?

Anil Gupta 6 Apr, 19 at 11:23 am

Please use your best estimate based on above mentioned dates.

8. Flynn coffi Gavi
    Flynn coffi Gavi 6 Apr, 19 at 5:11 am

Hello Anil … i130 petition filed on my behalf was approved on 28 March 2019 my father who filed it received the approval notice… but when I check the status of the case online it still on received status… don’t know why …

Anil Gupta 6 Apr, 19 at 11:23 am

Don’t worry. Sometimes, USCIS website does not get updated.
      You are fine.

9. Manny Patel
    Manny Patel 4 Apr, 19 at 8:49 pm

Hello,

Case receipt I-130 was filed on June 15th 2018 at Nebraska center for US citizen filing for Spouse in foreign country, It has been almost 10 month now and have yet to receive a response. Any idea how long is going to take to get approval on I-130?

Anil Gupta 4 Apr, 19 at 8:50 pm

I am stopping giving estimates from today as it is not possible to reply to each comment asking for estimate individually.

Please use the dates above to estimate your approval date yourself.

I hope you will understand.

10. Sindi Flores
    Sindi Flores 4 Apr, 19 at 8:32 pm

Have you seen Case aprrovals with the exact date you are providing. Just a question thanks

Anil Gupta 4 Apr, 19 at 8:50 pm

The best case approval dates are scanned by our service as reported by users on various online forums and what has been shared by users above.