i130 Processing Time for Spouse, Parents, Brother 2019

Updated  3 Oct, 19
  1.1k

I130 application for US citizen’s spouse green card is taking 3 to 10 months at Texas service center.

USCIS California is slowest in processing I-130 approvals and takes minimum of 1 year.

CALIFORNIAFastest Approved CaseRaise USCIS SR Date
Permanent resident filing for a spouse or child under 21Receipt: 27 Jul, 18
Approved in 1 year 2 month
04 Mar, 18
Slowest case approval in 1 year 7 month
U.S. citizen filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 30 Nov, 15
Approved in 3 year 10 month
12 Oct, 14
Slowest case approval in 4 year 11 month
Permanent resident filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 31 Aug, 15
Approved in 4 year 1 month

12 Aug, 18
Slowest case approval in 1 year 1 month
U.S. citizen filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 30 Apr, 13
Approved in 6 year 5 month
09 Jun, 11
Slowest case approval in 8 year 3 month
Permanent resident filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 27 Jun, 13
Approved in 6 year 3 month

27 Nov, 18
Slowest case approval in 10 month 10 days
U.S. citizen filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 01 Mar, 19
Approved in 7 month 6 days
27 Nov, 18
Slowest case approval in 10 month 10 days
Permanent resident filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 28 May, 19
Approved in 4 month 8 days

12 Jun, 18
Slowest case approval in 1 year 3 month
U.S. citizen filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 29 Oct, 18
Approved in 11 month 9 days
12 Jun, 18
Slowest case approval in 1 year 3 month
Permanent resident filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 30 Apr, 18
Approved in 1 year 5 month

23 Jan, 19
Slowest case approval in 8 month 13 days
U.S. citizen filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 29 Apr, 19
Approved in 5 month 7 days
23 Jan, 19
Slowest case approval in 8 month 13 days
Permanent resident filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 28 Sep, 18
Approved in 1 year
18 May, 18
Slowest case approval in 1 year 4 month
U.S. citizen filing for a married son or daughter over 21Receipt: 30 Apr, 19
Approved in 5 month 6 days
23 Jan, 19
Slowest case approval in 8 month 13 days
U.S. citizen filing for a brother or sisterReceipt: 29 Apr, 19
Approved in 5 month 7 days
23 Jan, 19
Slowest case approval in 8 month 13 days

I-130 Sponsor Family for a Green Card

U.S. citizens can sponsor following family members using Form I-130:

• Natural parents, step-parents and adoptive parents
  • Unmarried sons and daughters under the age of 21
  • Husbands and wives
  • Brothers and sisters, adopted siblings, step-siblings and half siblings
  • Married children or children over the age of 21

Family Green Processing Time

How long does it take for I130 to get approved for spouse is based on current processing time mentioned above at the USCIS service center.

Family Green card form i 130 processing times are updated daily for 2018 using the official USCIS processing times and data shared by real applicants in various forums and trackers online.

Did you know that you can get Amazon prime $5.99/mo for EBT card holders?

Electronic benefit transfer (EBT) is an electronic system that allows state welfare departments to issue benefits via a magnetically encoded payment card.

USCIS Outside Normal Processing Time

If your ‘case received date’ is before the date (worst case) mentioned above, you should raise a service request with USCIS to check why your case has been delayed. This could mean your case is taking longer than other similar cases and may be stuck in administrative processing.

Next Step after I-130 is filed?

A Green card priority date (receipt date) is assigned by National Visa Center (NVC) on USCIS-approved i-130.

#1 Family Member is Inside the U.S.

A wait list is created with priority date cut-off and USCIS announces current cut-off dates in monthly Visa Bulletin. If you are in US at the time of your date getting current, you will file i485 application and then track the i485 Green Card Adjustment of Status Processing Time.

#2 Family Member is Outside the U.S.

If your family member is outside of the U.S. at the time of priority date getting current, the NVC will send your petition and their visa number to the family members’ local U.S. consulate or embassy, which will contact the family member to come in and complete visa processing.

File Diversity Visa Green Card – I130 pending

You can file for US diversity Green card lottery visa while your I130- is pending. If you get selected and USCIS approved your DV green card, you can withdraw your pending I-130 application.

In many cases, you will get US permanent residency faster with DV lottery than the family sponsorship.

USA USCIS Processing Time

1. abdul_ghafar
    abdul_ghafar

Hi guys I filled 130 form for pareent as usc on 23 of jan 2019 Texas service center when should expect approval
    Tnx

Hi @Amna
    The “best case receipt date” means the case which our service found to have been approved most recently. The cases are checked on various forums where users report their approvals.

It is up-to you to believe it or not.

4. daneedj
    daneedj

Thanks Lumu. It was the California Center.

5. Syedasaba
    Syedasaba

Hi
    My husband is a US citizen and file for a spouse Visa i130 on 23 August 2018 at NEBRASKA center. It’s been more than 10 months still I didn’t receive my approval. Can you tell me how long does it take for my approval.

Saba

1,118 Useful Questions & Answers

1. fariha habib
    fariha habib 14 Feb, 19 at 8:03 am

Hi Anil, how are you doing Sir? i actually have a query regarding the green bar and the red bar an also about the best approval date. it says wait time is 2 year. is it just for the approval or for the whole processing including getting green card? second thing the best approval date is 3rd August. i have applied for my spouse back in 15th August 2017 from California service center. does that mean i can receive an approval shortly? thank you.

The processing time given above is only for I-130 application approval which is the first step in getting family based green card.
      The Green card processing time starts after your I-130 is approved.

Yes, the best case approval date is pretty close to your case date. It is possible that you get result within 2-3 months now.

• fariha habib
        fariha habib 14 Feb, 19 at 1:17 pm

within 2-3 months…:O i thought it would be maximum a month. as it is already 5th. 15th shouldn’t be too far. im sorry if you find my queries inappropriate.

This is just my estimate. It is possible that it gets approved earlier or may take more time.

• fariha habib
            fariha habib 14 Feb, 19 at 1:17 pm

i got you. thank you so much.

2. Sarah
    Sarah 13 Feb, 19 at 3:39 pm

Hi, I am waiting for NOA2 my receipt date is 25 July 2018. I wonder how long does it take for California service center to respond? Thanks

The NOA2 processing time at California service center varies by the relationship of the person with you and the person’s US status.

Is the sponsor a US citizen or Green card holder?
      Also, what is your relationship with the person who filed your I-130 application?

• Sarah
        Sarah 13 Feb, 19 at 4:35 pm

That’s true. He is my husband and he is a green card holder..
        I thought they answer after 6 months that’s why I’m confused.

California service center is currently taking an average of 22 months to process I-130 applications filed by Green card holder for their spouse.
          You can expect a decision on or before March 2020 end.

• Sarah
            Sarah 13 Feb, 19 at 5:40 pm

3. GM
    GM 13 Feb, 19 at 7:26 am

I am a US citizen, receipt date is September 18, 2018 for my husband who resides in India. Our 1-130 went to the Nebraska service center. The USCIS website shows 7.5 months to 10 months on approval. Since I am a US citizen would my case be processed on the shorter side of this estimate?

The I-130 processing is currently taking same amount of time for all types of applications at Nebraska Service Center.
      Once I-130 is approved, your husband can get the Green card within a month as you are a US citizen.

4. Marry Ann Gapero-Wong
    Marry Ann Gapero-Wong 12 Feb, 19 at 5:22 pm

Hi! I file petition form I-130 for my wife receipted on september 12,2018 and the receipt number starts with LIN 18******and i am not so sure if what service center will process
    I am us citizen from Hawaii.when will be the possible date of interview for my wife she’s from philippines.

You can expect I-130 approval by April 2019 second week.
      Once it is approved, she can expect interview immediately.

• Marry Ann Gapero-Wong
        Marry Ann Gapero-Wong 12 Feb, 19 at 7:23 pm

What service center that proccess my wife’s petition?

It should be at Nebraska service center according to your receipt number.

• Marry Ann Gapero-Wong
            Marry Ann Gapero-Wong 12 Feb, 19 at 7:58 pm

In the processing table of california service center there is no US citizen filed for spouse only permanent resident?

California probably does not process US citizen applications.

• Marry Ann Gapero-Wong
        Marry Ann Gapero-Wong 12 Feb, 19 at 8:02 pm

5. Daniel Zarkhin
    Daniel Zarkhin 12 Feb, 19 at 10:19 pm

Hi,
    I’m a U.S. citizen and submitted I-130 for my sister in 2010. Petition was approved by California Service Center and forwarded to NVC in August 2014. No decision from NVC since then. Do you know how long it could take?
    Thank you!

What’s your sister’s age and her country of birth?

• Daniel Zarkhin
        Daniel Zarkhin 13 Feb, 19 at 11:31 am

DOB: May 25, 1975
        Country: Ukraine

ok..so your sister’s priority date is somewhere in 2010 (you have not told me the exact date).

At this time, only people with Priority date on or before 22 June 2005 are getting Green card in brother and Sister category (F4).
          So, your sister has to wait until the Priority date reaches your date in 2010 to get Green card.

This can take another 5-10 years from now.

6. Shivi Singh
    Shivi Singh 12 Feb, 19 at 12:28 pm

Hi!
    My brother in law who is a green card holder has applied I-130 for my sister. The receipt date is 23rd March2018 and it is at California Service center, so please could you tell us the time taken at present to get the approval.
    Thanking You

California service center is working slow at this time.
      You can expect approval on or before Dec 2019 end.

7. disqus_JiOBp3TTNy
    disqus_JiOBp3TTNy 12 Feb, 19 at 12:28 pm

HI, i’m a green card holder and i applied for spouse I-130 and got confirmation letter on agust 15.2017 from California Service Center. how long is the processing time for approved I-130 ?
    And how long does it take all the process to approve.nvc and interview?

You can expect I-130 approval on or before June 29, 2019.
      The NVC and interview will happen based on your spouse’s country of birth and Green card availability after I-130 approval.

• disqus_JiOBp3TTNy
        disqus_JiOBp3TTNy 12 Feb, 19 at 3:53 pm

From kosovo

ok..at this time, the Priority date is 01 DEC 2016 for your spouse. So, when it reaches Aug 15, 2017 and you have your I-130 approval, your spouse will get call for Green card interview (if she is in Kosovo).

• disqus_JiOBp3TTNy
            disqus_JiOBp3TTNy 12 Feb, 19 at 6:05 pm

Yess she is in kosovo but how long does it take after approval interview

Usually, Green card is given within a week of interview unless there is some extra background checking is needed.
              It depends on the interviewer.

• Alia
        Alia 21 Feb, 19 at 11:38 pm

HI Anil, My husband lives in US he has citizen ship of USA. he applied for spouse visa petition I-130 in september 2018 and got confirmation letter from home line security. can u please tell me how long does it take all the process to approve.

Which USCIS service center is your I-130 application pending at currently?

• Alia
            Alia 23 Feb, 19 at 2:55 am

my husband applied at USIC and now the papers are pending in National visa centre

8. Sanmeet Shikh
    Sanmeet Shikh 12 Feb, 19 at 12:28 pm

US citizen filed AOS(i485, 130, 765, 131) for wife on Oct 25th, 2018. Stays in Los Angeles, CA. However, there is no priority date for US citizen filing for spouse at California Service Center. Why is that the case? Will the case be transferred to some other center? Currently the case receipt shows it is at NBC, mostly for processing 765 and 131.

There is no priority date for US citizen’s immediate relative like your wife. The date is always current for them.
      So, as soon as her I130 is approved, she is eligible for getting Green card immediately.

• Sanmeet Shikh
        Sanmeet Shikh 12 Feb, 19 at 3:53 pm

I am sorry I mistakenly said priority date. What I meant is CSC does not show the current processing timeline for US citizen filing for spouse. Where as other center do show the processing time for the same. Does that mean CSC does not process cases filed by US citizen for their spouse

Yes, that’s correct.

9. Djilali sad
    Djilali sad 11 Feb, 19 at 8:04 am

I want know how long to get the approval.

10. Djilali sad
    Djilali sad 11 Feb, 19 at 8:04 am

Hi, imI a green card holder and I filed the i130 for my wife on April 13 2018

Which service center did you file you application at? What is your wife’s country of birth?

• Djilali Sadchaouche
        Djilali Sadchaouche 12 Feb, 19 at 3:49 pm

At the Californian service center she is algerian

ok..at this time, the Priority date is 01 DEC 2016 for your spouse. So, when it reaches Aug 13, 2018 and you have your I-130 approval, your spouse will get call for Green card interview.

• Djilali Sadchaouche
            Djilali Sadchaouche 12 Feb, 19 at 3:54 pm

Wait, im a green card holder and I filed for my spouse an April 13 2018, at the California service center, she is from algeria.

Yes, the time that i shared is keeping in mind that you are green card holder.

• Djilali Sadchaouche
                Djilali Sadchaouche 12 Feb, 19 at 3:54 pm

Thank you.

You are welcome. Let me know if you need more information.
                  Do share the website with your friends if you think it is useful.