i130 Processing Time for Spouse, Parents, Brother 2019

Updated  4 Oct, 19
  1.1k

I130 application for US citizen’s spouse green card is taking 3 to 10 months at Texas service center.

USCIS California is slowest in processing I-130 approvals and takes minimum of 1 year.

CALIFORNIAFastest Approved CaseRaise USCIS SR Date
Permanent resident filing for a spouse or child under 21Receipt: 30 Jul, 18
Approved in 1 year 2 month
05 Mar, 18
Slowest case approval in 1 year 7 month
U.S. citizen filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 30 Nov, 15
Approved in 3 year 10 month
13 Oct, 14
Slowest case approval in 4 year 11 month
Permanent resident filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 28 Aug, 15
Approved in 4 year 1 month

13 Aug, 18
Slowest case approval in 1 year 1 month
U.S. citizen filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 29 Apr, 13
Approved in 6 year 5 month
10 Jun, 11
Slowest case approval in 8 year 3 month
Permanent resident filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 27 Jun, 13
Approved in 6 year 3 month

28 Nov, 18
Slowest case approval in 10 month 9 days
U.S. citizen filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 01 Mar, 19
Approved in 7 month 6 days
28 Nov, 18
Slowest case approval in 10 month 9 days
Permanent resident filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 28 May, 19
Approved in 4 month 8 days

13 Jun, 18
Slowest case approval in 1 year 3 month
U.S. citizen filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 30 Oct, 18
Approved in 11 month 8 days
13 Jun, 18
Slowest case approval in 1 year 3 month
Permanent resident filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 30 Apr, 18
Approved in 1 year 5 month

24 Jan, 19
Slowest case approval in 8 month 12 days
U.S. citizen filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 29 Apr, 19
Approved in 5 month 7 days
24 Jan, 19
Slowest case approval in 8 month 12 days
Permanent resident filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 01 Oct, 18
Approved in 1 year
19 May, 18
Slowest case approval in 1 year 4 month
U.S. citizen filing for a married son or daughter over 21Receipt: 29 Apr, 19
Approved in 5 month 7 days
24 Jan, 19
Slowest case approval in 8 month 12 days
U.S. citizen filing for a brother or sisterReceipt: 29 Apr, 19
Approved in 5 month 7 days
24 Jan, 19
Slowest case approval in 8 month 12 days

I-130 Sponsor Family for a Green Card

U.S. citizens can sponsor following family members using Form I-130:

• Natural parents, step-parents and adoptive parents
  • Unmarried sons and daughters under the age of 21
  • Husbands and wives
  • Brothers and sisters, adopted siblings, step-siblings and half siblings
  • Married children or children over the age of 21

Family Green Processing Time

How long does it take for I130 to get approved for spouse is based on current processing time mentioned above at the USCIS service center.

Family Green card form i 130 processing times are updated daily for 2018 using the official USCIS processing times and data shared by real applicants in various forums and trackers online.

Did you know that you can get Amazon prime $5.99/mo for EBT card holders?

Electronic benefit transfer (EBT) is an electronic system that allows state welfare departments to issue benefits via a magnetically encoded payment card.

USCIS Outside Normal Processing Time

If your ‘case received date’ is before the date (worst case) mentioned above, you should raise a service request with USCIS to check why your case has been delayed. This could mean your case is taking longer than other similar cases and may be stuck in administrative processing.

Next Step after I-130 is filed?

A Green card priority date (receipt date) is assigned by National Visa Center (NVC) on USCIS-approved i-130.

#1 Family Member is Inside the U.S.

A wait list is created with priority date cut-off and USCIS announces current cut-off dates in monthly Visa Bulletin. If you are in US at the time of your date getting current, you will file i485 application and then track the i485 Green Card Adjustment of Status Processing Time.

#2 Family Member is Outside the U.S.

If your family member is outside of the U.S. at the time of priority date getting current, the NVC will send your petition and their visa number to the family members’ local U.S. consulate or embassy, which will contact the family member to come in and complete visa processing.

File Diversity Visa Green Card – I130 pending

You can file for US diversity Green card lottery visa while your I130- is pending. If you get selected and USCIS approved your DV green card, you can withdraw your pending I-130 application.

In many cases, you will get US permanent residency faster with DV lottery than the family sponsorship.

USA USCIS Processing Time

1. abdul_ghafar
    abdul_ghafar

Hi guys I filled 130 form for pareent as usc on 23 of jan 2019 Texas service center when should expect approval
    Tnx

Hi @Amna
    The “best case receipt date” means the case which our service found to have been approved most recently. The cases are checked on various forums where users report their approvals.

It is up-to you to believe it or not.

4. daneedj
    daneedj

Thanks Lumu. It was the California Center.

5. Syedasaba
    Syedasaba

Hi
    My husband is a US citizen and file for a spouse Visa i130 on 23 August 2018 at NEBRASKA center. It’s been more than 10 months still I didn’t receive my approval. Can you tell me how long does it take for my approval.

Saba

1,118 Useful Questions & Answers

1. Fariha Qaisar
    Fariha Qaisar 25 Feb, 19 at 2:37 pm

Can u explain. What is best case approval and raise SR..?
    My receipt date is 24, Aug, 2011 when will be approved?

Best Case Approval = receipt number of the application that our service found to be approved most recently.
      Raise SR = You are eligible to raise a service request with USCIS to ask for the status of your application if your case receipt date has passed this date.

You have not shared any information about who filed the I130 application, for whom and where the application is currently pending at.

• Fariha Qaisar
        Fariha Qaisar 27 Feb, 19 at 3:17 am

Us citizen filled I130 for brother sister,receipt date 24,Aug, 2011 from California service center. .

It will take another 2 years for your I-130 application to be approve as per current processing trend at California Service Center.

• Fariha Qaisar
            Fariha Qaisar 28 Feb, 19 at 11:15 am

2. Bobby
    Bobby 25 Feb, 19 at 2:08 pm

I was a green card holder when I applied for my husband who is outside the country on 20th Feb 2017. I became citizen a year later and I updated my application.
    According to california center, my case is on adjudication stage, thats 4 months now.
    what do you think might be the problem for the delay in making a decision on my case.

I think your case must have been transferred to some other center after you upgraded your application with US citizen as sponsor.

There is no problem as such with your application. It is just that USCIS service centers are taking time to approve due to workload.

3. David Sanz
    David Sanz 25 Feb, 19 at 2:08 pm

Hi Annil,
    Quick question which USCIS office processes spousal applications sent from Florida?
    Is there a way to expedite the process?

4. randolf karrenbauer
    randolf karrenbauer 25 Feb, 19 at 1:04 pm

I will need to find a new attorney. My attorney has had a stroke in 2014 and the law office has closed and discontinued their services.
    Thank you for the time you invest into making things a little easier to understand for us. Best wishes

You are welcome. Let me know if you need more information.

5. randolf karrenbauer
    randolf karrenbauer 25 Feb, 19 at 1:04 pm

Thank you for your prompt response.
    Since my sister filed for my I-130 i have been divorced. It is only my son and I now in the US. My former wife and our daughter now have a green card through her new husband. Is there a way to update this info to the USCIS?

You should contact your attorney who filed the I-130 application for you and they can help you update the details with USCIS.

6. randolf karrenbauer
    randolf karrenbauer 25 Feb, 19 at 12:49 pm

Hello Anil Gupta. My Sister is a US Citizen. She sponsored my I-130. Priority Date is Aug 24 2011. Processing center is California. I am a German Citizen. I have been living in the US as an E2 investor since 2012.
    I have seen on your website that the best case scenario is right at my priority date…..what does that mean

This means that USCIS is currently approving I-130 cases filed between 19 Jun, 09 – 25 Aug, 11 for your category i.e. US citizen filing for Brother.

7. Marry Ann Gapero-Wong
    Marry Ann Gapero-Wong 25 Feb, 19 at 7:03 am

Hello Goodday! Is there a factor if where my wife live from, if me as a petioner is from honolulu,hawaii? Or only the processing service center that matters?

The country comes into picture once your I-130 is approved. The I-130 approval time depends on your own status in US like Green card holder or US citizen.

• Marry Ann Gapero-Wong
        Marry Ann Gapero-Wong 25 Feb, 19 at 4:33 pm

Thank you very much anil!

8. Katy
    Katy 25 Feb, 19 at 8:53 am

Hello, my priority date is July 16 2013 category f2b my case is in vermont service center i only received the receipt when my father applied if my date become current in the visa bulletin that means i can apply for my resident visa o first i need to receive the approval letter. I am confused about how it works. Thank you in advance.

The first step is to get I-130 approved. Once your I-130 is approved, then your priority date July 16 2013 should be current in the monthly visa bulletin to file for Green Card.

9. Adnan Saeed
    Adnan Saeed 25 Feb, 19 at 12:32 am

They received
    my case i130 case on July 2nd 2018 and my papers are in Nebraska, do you think ill be hearing of a decision soon? I am trying to bring my wife from Pakistan i am a US citizen.

You can expect your I-130 approval by April 2019 first week.

• Adnan Saeed
        Adnan Saeed 25 Feb, 19 at 1:04 pm

thank you! no possible way if the approval is earlier?

If you get lucky, you can get approval earlier as well. I just give estimate based on average processing time for most of the applications but people do get earlier approvals too.

• Adnan Saeed
            Adnan Saeed 25 Feb, 19 at 1:05 pm

anil are you an immigration lawyer? this is great..

No, i am not an immigration lawyer. I am studying immigration law though.

• Adnan Saeed
                Adnan Saeed 25 Feb, 19 at 1:52 pm

Nice Anil thank you for that,my imigration lawyer hasnt give me any updates.

They need money for every answer they give 🙂

• Adnan Saeed
                    Adnan Saeed 18 Mar, 19 at 7:44 pm

They arent even letting me make a usis app in my local office anymore. they want us to go only online or call

10. TJ
    TJ 22 Feb, 19 at 7:35 pm

Thanks for your time. From looking at your charts above am I right in understanding that as a foreigner inside the States (legitimately so) wanting to marry a US citizen, my results – if we got married in Texas – could be up to five times faster than if we got married in CA? Or is that if we lived in Texas Vs CA? Thanks again

Yes, that’s correct understanding.

• TJ
        TJ 22 Feb, 19 at 8:48 pm

Thank you so much! Sorry, just to clarify, did you mean it’s a faster process if we A) Live in or if we B) Marry in (hypothetically Texas vs. CA) Then option, C) if we lived in CA it would be okay to get married in and file in Texas. Thanks again, your kindness it extraordinary!

The faster application processing is generally seen at service centers other than California.
          But, you can’t choose the center where your application can be processed.

USCIS takes that decision and is generally based on your residence address, but not guaranteed.