i130 Processing Time for Spouse, Parents, Brother 2019

Updated  3 Oct, 19
  1.1k

I130 application for US citizen’s spouse green card is taking 3 to 10 months at Texas service center.

USCIS California is slowest in processing I-130 approvals and takes minimum of 1 year.

CALIFORNIAFastest Approved CaseRaise USCIS SR Date
Permanent resident filing for a spouse or child under 21Receipt: 27 Jul, 18
Approved in 1 year 2 month
04 Mar, 18
Slowest case approval in 1 year 7 month
U.S. citizen filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 30 Nov, 15
Approved in 3 year 10 month
12 Oct, 14
Slowest case approval in 4 year 11 month
Permanent resident filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 28 Aug, 15
Approved in 4 year 1 month

12 Aug, 18
Slowest case approval in 1 year 1 month
U.S. citizen filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 29 Apr, 13
Approved in 6 year 5 month
09 Jun, 11
Slowest case approval in 8 year 3 month
Permanent resident filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 27 Jun, 13
Approved in 6 year 3 month

27 Nov, 18
Slowest case approval in 10 month 10 days
U.S. citizen filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 04 Mar, 19
Approved in 7 month 3 days
27 Nov, 18
Slowest case approval in 10 month 10 days
Permanent resident filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 28 May, 19
Approved in 4 month 8 days

12 Jun, 18
Slowest case approval in 1 year 3 month
U.S. citizen filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 29 Oct, 18
Approved in 11 month 9 days
12 Jun, 18
Slowest case approval in 1 year 3 month
Permanent resident filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 30 Apr, 18
Approved in 1 year 5 month

23 Jan, 19
Slowest case approval in 8 month 13 days
U.S. citizen filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 29 Apr, 19
Approved in 5 month 7 days
23 Jan, 19
Slowest case approval in 8 month 13 days
Permanent resident filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 01 Oct, 18
Approved in 1 year
18 May, 18
Slowest case approval in 1 year 4 month
U.S. citizen filing for a married son or daughter over 21Receipt: 29 Apr, 19
Approved in 5 month 7 days
23 Jan, 19
Slowest case approval in 8 month 13 days
U.S. citizen filing for a brother or sisterReceipt: 29 Apr, 19
Approved in 5 month 7 days
23 Jan, 19
Slowest case approval in 8 month 13 days

I-130 Sponsor Family for a Green Card

U.S. citizens can sponsor following family members using Form I-130:

• Natural parents, step-parents and adoptive parents
  • Unmarried sons and daughters under the age of 21
  • Husbands and wives
  • Brothers and sisters, adopted siblings, step-siblings and half siblings
  • Married children or children over the age of 21

Family Green Processing Time

How long does it take for I130 to get approved for spouse is based on current processing time mentioned above at the USCIS service center.

Family Green card form i 130 processing times are updated daily for 2018 using the official USCIS processing times and data shared by real applicants in various forums and trackers online.

Did you know that you can get Amazon prime $5.99/mo for EBT card holders?

Electronic benefit transfer (EBT) is an electronic system that allows state welfare departments to issue benefits via a magnetically encoded payment card.

USCIS Outside Normal Processing Time

If your ‘case received date’ is before the date (worst case) mentioned above, you should raise a service request with USCIS to check why your case has been delayed. This could mean your case is taking longer than other similar cases and may be stuck in administrative processing.

Next Step after I-130 is filed?

A Green card priority date (receipt date) is assigned by National Visa Center (NVC) on USCIS-approved i-130.

#1 Family Member is Inside the U.S.

A wait list is created with priority date cut-off and USCIS announces current cut-off dates in monthly Visa Bulletin. If you are in US at the time of your date getting current, you will file i485 application and then track the i485 Green Card Adjustment of Status Processing Time.

#2 Family Member is Outside the U.S.

If your family member is outside of the U.S. at the time of priority date getting current, the NVC will send your petition and their visa number to the family members’ local U.S. consulate or embassy, which will contact the family member to come in and complete visa processing.

File Diversity Visa Green Card – I130 pending

You can file for US diversity Green card lottery visa while your I130- is pending. If you get selected and USCIS approved your DV green card, you can withdraw your pending I-130 application.

In many cases, you will get US permanent residency faster with DV lottery than the family sponsorship.

USA USCIS Processing Time

1. abdul_ghafar
    abdul_ghafar

Hi guys I filled 130 form for pareent as usc on 23 of jan 2019 Texas service center when should expect approval
    Tnx

Hi @Amna
    The “best case receipt date” means the case which our service found to have been approved most recently. The cases are checked on various forums where users report their approvals.

It is up-to you to believe it or not.

4. daneedj
    daneedj

Thanks Lumu. It was the California Center.

5. Syedasaba
    Syedasaba

Hi
    My husband is a US citizen and file for a spouse Visa i130 on 23 August 2018 at NEBRASKA center. It’s been more than 10 months still I didn’t receive my approval. Can you tell me how long does it take for my approval.

Saba

1,116 Useful Questions & Answers

1. Atif
    Atif 2 Mar, 19 at 3:16 am

Hi. I’m US Citizen. I filed I-130 for my Son (Single) over 21 yrs from Pakistan and his PD is 23 Nov 2015 pending at California Service Center (WAC). Once I filed his I-130, I was GC holder but now I have become US Citizen. I have not yet informed USCIS about this change of my Status and have not yet requested USCIS to Upgrade the Status for this I 130 filed for my Son.
    Please let me know when I should be receiving I 130 Approval and also advise should I change the category of my I-130 from F2B to F1 category.
    F2B category dates are far too ahead of F1 category in Visa Bulletin of Feb 2019.
    Thank you.

Anil Gupta 2 Mar, 19 at 8:10 am

You should upgrade your application to your US citizen status.

Even without upgrading the application, I think your I-130 should be approved by June 2019 end.

• Atif
        Atif 3 Mar, 19 at 2:55 am

Thanks. But Dont u think if I Upgrade my Application then as per Visa Bulletin F1 preference is too behind than F2B in which my Application was initially filed. Please advise.

Anil Gupta 3 Mar, 19 at 11:38 am

That’s why i answered that you may get result even without upgrading by June 2019.

2. Kathy
    Kathy 1 Mar, 19 at 6:32 pm

Hello, my priority date is July 16 2013 category f2b in vermont service center, how much time do you think I will receive the approval letter. Thank you

You can expect your I-130 approval in F2B category by April 2020 end.

• Kathy
        Kathy 1 Mar, 19 at 6:52 pm

Thank you so much for responding so quickly I appreciate your help. Best wishes for you.

3. DGCM
    DGCM 1 Mar, 19 at 9:51 am

Hello,
    My cousin wanted me to ask a question. Her mother, my aunt has been a permanent resident for 50+ years. In last year she has has gone through some medical problems. My cousin didnt realize that her green card expired over a year ago. She she fill out the renewal or go to an attorney?

She should contact an attorney to file renewal of her Green card.

4. BURAKOZ
    BURAKOZ 1 Mar, 19 at 6:09 am

My application has been received by Texas service center on 1st of october. How much time it will take for the file approval. It says best approval date is 4 months and 25 days. For my case 5 months already finished but no news….

Who filed the case for you and what is your relation with them? Please do not ask question without proper information.

5. Arun Thomas
    Arun Thomas 28 Feb, 19 at 11:38 pm

I am Arun from india .
    Our documents are accepted on feb 7 2019 , when can we expect the interview date ?

Your question is not clear. Please ask question with details of your case and category. I cannot guess your case situation.

• Arun Thomas
        Arun Thomas 1 Mar, 19 at 11:06 pm

i am applied for CR1 visa . now i am waiting for interview date . when can we expect the interview date ?

Anil Gupta 2 Mar, 19 at 12:10 am

I do not have data about CR1 visa at this time. Sorry, i cannot estimate at this time.

6. Coolboyshane
    Coolboyshane 1 Mar, 19 at 1:30 am

Hello,

I’m from Sri Lanka. My wife is planning to file i130 by mid march 2019 in New York. Can you tell how long is the wait time? According to USCIS site, It says On average 10 months. Please advise me!

The processing time varies by the service center that will process your application and the status of your wife in USA i.e. Green card holder or US citizen.

You have not provided either of the information.

• Coolboyshane
        Coolboyshane 3 Mar, 19 at 12:29 am

She is a US citizen. I think New york cases are handled by Vermont service center. She is planning to file the i130 next week. Kindly let me know how long it takes to get approved, Thanks.

Anil Gupta 3 Mar, 19 at 11:38 am

Once you get the USCIS receipt number, please come back and ask again as the processing time varies by centers.

7. NEEL PATEL
    NEEL PATEL 28 Feb, 19 at 11:36 am

my daughter petitioned my i130 file on july27 2018 and my file is currently at nebraska centre so how much time it will take for the file approval?

What is your daughter’s status in US? Green card or US citizen?

• NEEL PATEL
        NEEL PATEL 28 Feb, 19 at 11:36 am

US citizen

You can expect your I-130 approval by April 2019 end.

• Mou
            Mou 2 Mar, 19 at 11:30 pm

I apply for my husband March 14 2018, when l get a approval letter can u tell me please? I have green card

Anil Gupta 3 Mar, 19 at 11:38 am

Which service center have you applied at?

• Mou
                Mou 3 Mar, 19 at 12:04 pm

I live in Pennsylvania

Please check your USCIS receipt number to find the service center name.

• Mou
                    Mou 3 Mar, 19 at 1:44 pm

California

You can expect approval for your I130 application by Jan 2020 for spouse.

• Mou
                      Mou 3 Mar, 19 at 3:13 pm

Totally need to how month can you tell me pl

I think you can count the number of months from today to Jan 2020. Can you?

• Mou
                      Mou 3 Mar, 19 at 8:08 pm

Yeh l know, l ask you l want to know tolally how long time after l got a visa brother

I cannot estimate that time unless your I-130 is approved.

• Mou
                      Mou 3 Mar, 19 at 8:16 pm

8. Sam
    Sam 28 Feb, 19 at 5:50 am

Hi admin
    Why they are not giving visa call for December though theirs pd is current.

Not sure why. Will try to find out if there are delays affecting the visa calls even when the GC priority date is current.

9. Arjun Shrestha
    Arjun Shrestha 26 Feb, 19 at 8:34 pm

Hi Anil, I’m a u.s citizen and the filing is in process. But I’ve one question raised in my mind that after receiving an approval letter of i130 from the USCIS this time how long will it take to get the visa for my spouse to come to the United States.
    Thank you!

There is no waiting time (in terms of Green card availability) for spouses of US citizens once your I-130 is approved. You will most probably get green card for her within 1-2 months after I-130 is approved.

10. David Sanz
    David Sanz 26 Feb, 19 at 11:31 am

Anil you are amazing !
    What are your recommendations on applications filed online. Any suggestions?
    Are they faster processed, can we do an I-130 I 131, I485 I765 and I -864 online
    Are they processed without errors and does it go smoother?

Thanks!!!

Online filed applications are always better if USCIS has them available for efiling.