i130 Processing Time for Spouse, Parents, Brother 2019

23 Jul, 19
  1k

I130 application for US citizen’s spouse green card is taking 3 to 10 months at Texas service center.

USCIS California is slowest in processing I-130 approvals and takes minimum of 1 year.

CALIFORNIAFastest Approved CaseRaise USCIS SR Date
Permanent resident filing for a spouse or child under 21Receipt: 31 Jan, 18
Approved in 1 year 5 month
19 Jul, 17
Slowest case approval in 2 year
U.S. citizen filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 30 Aug, 16
Approved in 2 year 10 month
30 Aug, 15
Slowest case approval in 3 year 10 month
Permanent resident filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 02 Oct, 15
Approved in 3 year 9 month

27 Sep, 18
Slowest case approval in 9 month 29 days
U.S. citizen filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 02 May, 13
Approved in 6 year 2 month
19 Jun, 11
Slowest case approval in 8 year 1 month
Permanent resident filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 02 May, 13
Approved in 6 year 2 month

16 Sep, 18
Slowest case approval in 10 month 10 days
U.S. citizen filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 02 Jan, 19
Approved in 6 month 22 days
16 Sep, 18
Slowest case approval in 10 month 10 days
Permanent resident filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 21 Jun, 19
Approved in 1 month 2 days

28 May, 18
Slowest case approval in 1 year 1 month
U.S. citizen filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 29 Sep, 18
Approved in 9 month 27 days
28 May, 18
Slowest case approval in 1 year 1 month
Permanent resident filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21Receipt: 30 Sep, 18
Approved in 9 month 26 days

POTOMACFastest Approved CaseRaise USCIS SR Date
U.S. citizen filing for a spouse, parent, or child under 21Receipt: 02 Mar, 19
Approved in 4 month 23 days
12 Nov, 18
Slowest case approval in 8 month 13 days

Receipt *
Please write correct digits from your receipt number.
Receipt Date*
Please provide a valid receipt date.
Visa*
Type*
Processing Type*
Select correct processing type for your case.
Current Status*
Please select correct status.
Status Date*
Please choose correct date.
Comments
RFE Documents

NumberReceiptStatus
Pending  Approved  RFE,   Denied  Your case  Verified Status

I-130 Sponsor Family for a Green Card

U.S. citizens can sponsor following family members using Form I-130:

• Natural parents, step-parents and adoptive parents
  • Unmarried sons and daughters under the age of 21
  • Husbands and wives
  • Brothers and sisters, adopted siblings, step-siblings and half siblings
  • Married children or children over the age of 21

Family Green Processing Time

How long does it take for I130 to get approved for spouse is based on current processing time mentioned above at the USCIS service center.

Family Green card form i 130 processing times are updated daily for 2018 using the official USCIS processing times and data shared by real applicants in various forums and trackers online.

Did you know that you can get Amazon prime $5.99/mo for EBT card holders?

Electronic benefit transfer (EBT) is an electronic system that allows state welfare departments to issue benefits via a magnetically encoded payment card.

USCIS Outside Normal Processing Time

If your ‘case received date’ is before the date (worst case) mentioned above, you should raise a service request with USCIS to check why your case has been delayed. This could mean your case is taking longer than other similar cases and may be stuck in administrative processing.

Next Step after I-130 is filed?

A Green card priority date (receipt date) is assigned by National Visa Center (NVC) on USCIS-approved i-130.

#1 Family Member is Inside the U.S.

A wait list is created with priority date cut-off and USCIS announces current cut-off dates in monthly Visa Bulletin. If you are in US at the time of your date getting current, you will file i485 application and then track the i485 Green Card Adjustment of Status Processing Time.

#2 Family Member is Outside the U.S.

If your family member is outside of the U.S. at the time of priority date getting current, the NVC will send your petition and their visa number to the family members’ local U.S. consulate or embassy, which will contact the family member to come in and complete visa processing.

File Diversity Visa Green Card – I130 pending

You can file for US diversity Green card lottery visa while your I130- is pending. If you get selected and USCIS approved your DV green card, you can withdraw your pending I-130 application.

In many cases, you will get US permanent residency faster with DV lottery than the family sponsorship.

USA USCIS Processing Time

Hi @Mujahed
    You can expect I130 approval for your son by March 2021.

2. abdul_ghafar
    abdul_ghafar

Hi guys I filled 130 form for pareent as usc on 23 of jan 2019 Texas service center when should expect approval
    Tnx

Hi @Amna
    The “best case receipt date” means the case which our service found to have been approved most recently. The cases are checked on various forums where users report their approvals.

It is up-to you to believe it or not.

4. vegas160
    vegas160

I understand. Everything in Delhi is electronic now. It shouldn’t be that bad. This waiting process is getting frustrating.

Hi All,
    We have added more details on our I130 processing time page today:

Let us know if this helps explain the dates and processing time. Your feedback is important for us to improve.

1,026 Useful Questions & Answers

1. Marina Arkad
    Marina Arkad 7 Mar, 19 at 1:04 pm

Hi I see you list here best case approval. Where do you base that information on.

Its mentioned in above article on how we collect data. Please read.

2. Mansi Thakkar
    Mansi Thakkar 7 Mar, 19 at 10:22 am

I am green card holder and I filled for my Spouse In May,2017 and I got only 797C form that Uscis received my case and they will inform me further but I didn’t get anything after that. My case is in California service center. Please let me know how long it will take?

Anil Gupta 7 Mar, 19 at 10:51 am

You can expect your I-130 approval by April 2019 end.

3. Marry Ann Gapero-Wong
    Marry Ann Gapero-Wong 7 Mar, 19 at 6:05 am

Good day Anil! I have a concern; should i wait or base my petition for my wife for her visa with the priority date cut-off of USCIS that is announced monthly in the Visa Bulletin, does my petition is included on the category of F2A.. I am a us citizen, me and my wife get married in the philippines and my petition was filed last September 12, 2018 my receipt no is LIN18***** .thank u.

Anil Gupta 7 Mar, 19 at 9:17 am

The monthly visa bulletin dates come into picture only after your I-130 application has been approved by USCIS.
      Once it is approved, the NVC (National Visa Center) will call your wife if she is NOT in USA when her date is current in the visa bulletin.

• Marry Ann Gapero-Wong
        Marry Ann Gapero-Wong 7 Mar, 19 at 3:45 pm

Thank you for your response.. so you mean it will take for us to wait long even if her petition will be aprroved because the current in visa bulletin is still january 2017 for philippines.

Yes, that’s correct.

• Marry Ann Gapero-Wong
        Marry Ann Gapero-Wong 7 Mar, 19 at 3:46 pm

Sorry, but i am thinking that category f2a is applicable only for spouse, children below 21 yrs old and parents of permanent resident. And to that, if my wife’s petition is approved; visa for her will made available for short time since that i am US citizen. Thank you anil im so sorry i am little bit confused.

4. Jet
    Jet 6 Mar, 19 at 10:20 pm

I’m a US citizen filing for my spouse, I received the I-797C , notice date is 02/28/2019. It was sent to Texas Service Center. How long do I have to wait for approval and Visa processing?

Is your I-130 application approved or pending?

• Jet
        Jet 6 Mar, 19 at 11:21 pm

It is still pending.

Anil Gupta 7 Mar, 19 at 9:07 am

You can expect your I-130 approval by Sep 2019 end.

5. Josephine
    Josephine 5 Mar, 19 at 11:28 pm

How long for a US citizen to petition a married daughter over the age of 21 to get the approval notice and Visa processing. Receipt number is WAC1890098444, Processing Center is at California Service Center.

• Khan
      Khan 6 Mar, 19 at 7:40 am

You need to remove you Receipt number . you personal information can be leaked easily.

Anil Gupta 6 Mar, 19 at 9:16 am

It is currently taking approximately 7.5 years to get I-130 approval. Assuming you filed sometime in 2018, you can expect the approval by 2026.

• Josephine
        Josephine 6 Mar, 19 at 8:51 pm

Hello Anil, thank you for your response but in response to the comment below can you please delete/edit my message as it is showing my receipt number. thank you.

Only you can edit your message. I cannot.

6. Sam
    Sam 5 Mar, 19 at 12:00 pm

Is it possible that nvc give visa call for January befor giving visa call for December ? For example as per today they didn’t gave any visa call for current visa Bulletin but after 6 days the visa bulletin will be release than is it possible that they give the visa call for new upcoming vb ?

As per my information, they will only give visa call only if your Priority date is current in the current visa bulletin at the time of making the call.

• Sam
        Sam 6 Mar, 19 at 4:23 am

Yes but as we all know that december filars are still waiting so I think they will not give visa call for January or February thought vb change from January 8 to feb

7. Arjun Shrestha
    Arjun Shrestha 4 Mar, 19 at 9:40 pm

Hi Anil thank you so much for your reply. But I do have a concern about affidavit support for my wife. I had filed a tax this year for 2018 income which was quite enough i.e. more than $32000 in w2 and $3000 in self business, however, in 2017 I’ve only around $19000 in w2. Is it ok to submit the latest one or else I’ve to submit the previous one too. Please advise. Thank you! 🙂

Please consult a lawyer for the tax documents required to be submitted with I130.
      I cannot suggest on this.

8. Yousif salim
    Yousif salim 4 Mar, 19 at 4:18 pm

Sir, I’m trying to know when is the next date for the new form because it expired last year I’m trying to figure the new date

You can use the old I-130 form at this time as USCIS has approved the new forms on 14 feb, 2019 with no changes.

USCIS has allowed the use of old dated forms until they upload the new date forms on their website.

• 11 freestyle
        11 freestyle 4 Mar, 19 at 6:25 pm

So the form that expiration on July 2018 is still useable?

Yes, that’s usable.

9. Mario Rivas
    Mario Rivas 3 Mar, 19 at 8:23 pm

Hi, i am permanent resident and i submitted I-130 for my wife, son and daughter in Jun 2018. I got the receipt with date of Aug, 3 (2018) assigned to California. When do you estimate i should get answer?

You can expect I-130 approval by March 2020 end for your spouse and kid.

• Mario Rivas
        Mario Rivas 3 Mar, 19 at 8:37 pm

Anil, is there any way to get better this time?

Not that I know of.

10. Bob
    Bob 3 Mar, 19 at 6:41 pm

Hi Anil

Hi I’m a permanent resident and I have file i130 to my wife my PD is Sep2017 my service center is WAC I’m form Nepal how long It will take to approve my case ? Any ideal

Thanks you

You can expect your I-130 approval by July 2019 end for your spouse as you have filed as a Green Card holder.

• Mario Rivas
      Mario Rivas 3 Mar, 19 at 8:23 pm

By the way, my cases were assigned to California

• Bob
      Bob 5 Mar, 19 at 11:43 pm

Ok thanks .. most likely it’s might can get approved any time soon ?

Anil Gupta 6 Mar, 19 at 9:16 am

It is possible that your application is approved earlier than my estimation.