Current i140 Processing Time 2019 – Nebraska, Texas

22 Jul, 19

i140 processing time is 3 – 12 months.  Premium processing i140 is taking 1-15 days for approval.

Texas service center is approving i140 applications for green card faster than USCIS at Nebraska.

H1B i140 EB2 has premium available whereas EB1-C managerial is not eligible for fast 15 day processing.

TEXASFastest Approved CaseRaise USCIS SR Date
24 Jan, 19
Slowest case approval in 5 month 29 days
Unskilled worker (EW3) - H1B (EB3)Receipt: 02 Mar, 19
Approved in 4 month 22 days
24 Nov, 18
Slowest case approval in 8 month
Advanced degree or exceptional ability requesting a National Interest Waiver (NIW)Receipt: 30 Oct, 18
Approved in 8 month 25 days

25 Dec, 18
Slowest case approval in 6 month 29 days
Unskilled worker (EW3) - H1B (EB3)Receipt: 02 Apr, 19
Approved in 3 month 21 days
25 Dec, 18
Slowest case approval in 6 month 29 days
Advanced degree or exceptional ability requesting a National Interest Waiver (NIW)Receipt: 27 Jan, 19
Approved in 5 month 26 days
09 Nov, 18
Slowest case approval in 8 month 15 days
Schedule A NursesReceipt: 02 Apr, 19
Approved in 3 month 21 days
25 Dec, 18
Slowest case approval in 6 month 29 days

Receipt *
Please write correct digits from your receipt number.
Receipt Date*
Please provide a valid receipt date.
Visa*
Type*
Processing Type*
Select correct processing type for your case.
Current Status*
Please select correct status.
Status Date*
Please choose correct date.
Comments
RFE Documents

NumberReceiptStatus
Pending  Approved  RFE,   Denied  Your case  Verified Status

i140 Withdrawn vs Revoke

Your i140 stays valid if it has not been withdrawn by employer in 180 days after its approval.

USCIS only revokes i140 if they find any fraud or mis-representation by your employer. You cannot use the i140 if it has been revoked.

Employer may request the i140 withdrawal even after 180 days. Do not worry if the USCIS case status shows as ‘withdrawn’ online.

i140 Withdrawal is safe but revoke makes i140 un-usable for future.

H1B Transfer with Withdrawn i140

You can use withdrawn i140 to port your Green date to new employer by filing a new PERM and i140.

Use i140  extend your H1B stay in US after 6 year. You can change employer using i140 and file H1B transfer multiple times as long as your Green card priority date is not current.

Employer not sharing i140 details?

You can request your i140 details from USCIS using FOIA request if your employer is not sharing i140 with you.

USA USCIS Processing Time

1. manans25
    manans25

Hi Anil, I wanted to get your opinion on when you estimate I will receive a decision on my I-140.

Here is my scenario. My firm applied for EB-2 on June 21, 2013.
    More recently, I sent an EB1A concurrent petition (I-140 and I-485) on May 14, 2019 using my 2013 priority date.

It would be great if you can help me get an estimate on when I can hear from USCIS on adjudication of my I-140. Many thanks!

2. manans25
    manans25

Hi @Anil.Gupta
    It would be great if you can provide an estimate on when I can hear from USCIA on adjudication of my I-140.

3. anand24
    anand24

I will talk to my employer and push for a SR. from your experience any thoughts on “For what reasons they dont provide updates on my case.”

Any thoughts on when my I140 will get approved?. Have you seen cases like mine

4. kasturi
    kasturi

Thank you very much Anil for the prompt response. I will update in the forum once I get the I-140 approval.
    Kind regards,
    Kasturi

5. anand24
    anand24

Thanks a lot for your valuable response. Hope i will get the approval notice very soon. I will update immediately after getting the approval . Thanks for your support

1. Vinod
    Vinod 6 Mar, 19 at 11:23 am

Hi Anil
    EB2 NIW CASES FILED IN DECEMBER 2018. HOW MUCH TIME IT TAKE ALREADY MORE THAN THREE MONTHS. ANIL

Anil Gupta 6 Mar, 19 at 11:23 am

First thing: Do NOT write in all capital letters. It is considered rude.

You have not mentioned what type of application is pending and at which application center?

• Vinod
        Vinod 8 Mar, 19 at 2:49 pm

I-140 exceptional ability requesting a National Interest Waiver (NIW) filed in 1st week of December 2018 at Nebraska service center. More than 3 months time. When turn comes.

You can expect your I-140 approval by May 2019 end.

2. Praveen Bandila
    Praveen Bandila 4 Mar, 19 at 12:01 pm

when i applied for H1b Extension on Oct-2018 it got approved and validate up to 31-March-2019 but I-94 is valid up to 10-April-2019.
    my 6 years max date is 21 April . my attorney is filing my 140 this week and once it’s approved they will file again visa extension.
    my question is can i stay up to 1-April as I-94 valid if my next visa extension is not file before 31-March.

Your H1B extension should be filed before 31 March to be on safe side.
      You can stay in US up-to your i94 expiry date legally.

3. Suman
    Suman 1 Mar, 19 at 2:13 pm

Hi Anil
    I filed my EB3 i140 downgrade on Jan and its in Nebraska service center.
    Looks like its now 2+ month for approval. Does the above statistics show from Minimum time frame to maximum time frame.
    ie Even if one case appoved in 10 days, that would show as min 10 days.

If you look carefully, it does show the maximum and minimum time of i140 approvals.

4. ravi
    ravi 26 Feb, 19 at 4:11 pm

Hi Anil one suggestion is it better to file for I140 under EB2 OR EB3 ?

Depends on your GC priority date.

• ravi
        ravi 27 Feb, 19 at 10:23 am

Which one is fast moving currently EB2 OR EB3

In the last 3-4 visa bulletins, EB3 is moving faster than EB2. But, that does not mean that the trend will continue.
          At some point, EB2 will move faster than EB3 again as people will keep jumping from one lane to other.

5. Dilip kumar
    Dilip kumar 19 Feb, 19 at 11:20 am

Hi,
    For Nebraska, in “Advanced degree or exceptional ability” category Raise SR date is 5 August 2018
    Then how come processing time range is 12 may ,2018 to 13 July 2018 ?

Regards
    Dilip kumar

You are looking at the wrong bar. look at the bar below the text to see the correct processing time period.

6. krish
    krish 13 Feb, 19 at 8:17 pm

My employer started the GC process last year and my H1B max out date including recaptured days was Dec 20. There was a delay in getting the PW so by August I realized the I will not get the PERM and I140 before max out date so I left US by mid October before my employer filing PERM and working for the same employer now in India.

1. I received the ETA 9089 form from the attorney for review – Is there anything particular about filing PERM while staying in USA and while out of country, like Form type or any specific fields which requires different process?

Krish

You question is not clear. Be specific about what field you think needs attention if you want my answer to be helpful.

• krish
        krish 13 Feb, 19 at 9:17 pm

Sorry for the confusion. There are two things:

1. Just want to know whether anything different process wise/form wise while filing for PERM for candidate who is within or outside USA.
        2. I looked at form provided by my attorney, in that in section
        2.a J. My residence address is mentioned – Should I give my non-US address here?
        2.b J.8 Class admission: H1B – Should we change this response
        2.c J.19 I94: My last I94 number is mentioned here – Should we need to leave the field blank. If I leave it as it is will it be a problem?

You should talk to your attorney to understand what should be filled if you are outside USA.
          Do not fill anything that is currently NOT true like your address and Class of admission.
          You do not reside at the US address at this time and neither are you in US with H1B status.

Your i94 is also NOT valid as you are out of USA.

You can file PERM if you are outside USA. I do not have have knowledge about PERM form filing as it is done by attorney.

• krish
            krish 13 Feb, 19 at 9:47 pm

• krish
            krish 13 Feb, 19 at 9:47 pm

One additional question. It should not affect the recruitment and PWD steps right?

No, it should not affect.

• krish
              krish 13 Feb, 19 at 9:57 pm

7. Praveen Bandila
    Praveen Bandila 9 Feb, 19 at 10:27 am

To apply I-140 is it required to provide visa extension receipt notice if the visa extension is in process . i have applied extension in Oct-2018 but i didnt received yet. if want to get receipt notice how can i get quickly

Your question is not clear about whose receipt notice you are looking for: H1B or I-140?.
      I140 application does not need H1B receipt notice.

8. A.B
    A.B 5 Feb, 19 at 2:36 pm

Hi,
    First of all, thank you an amazing website, clean, clear, encouraging and not much noise in it, hope you keep it like that, and appreciate the huge effort you are putting on this.
    Can you help me understand or predict my case, I see you are a real expert here:
    PD: 19-Jul-2018
    Concurrent filing (I-140 and I-485) Nebraska office
    Eb1C – ROW (Israel citizen born in Germany)
    14-Sep-2018 – Fingerprint review completed
    Sep-2018 – EAD and Advanced parole received for all the family (me, wife and 2 kids)

Can you help me understand how to predict my I140 to be approved and then my 485?
    Asking because I want to stop watching forums everyday – makes it frustrating 🙂

I think you should get i140 approval in next 1 month.

• A.B
        A.B 9 Feb, 19 at 10:10 am

Any prediction for the 485 after that?

Should not take more than 8 months in total.
          I485 processing times:

• A.B
            A.B 18 Feb, 19 at 5:58 pm

Hi Again Anil,

In the last 2 weeks, my I 140 and I 485 “Last updated date” has changed but the description didn’t change, does that means anything?

It does not make any difference as per my opinion.

• A.B
              A.B 11 Mar, 19 at 4:44 pm

Hello again Anil,
              As mentioned above, my PD is July-2018, EB1C ROW, and my 140 still in the status “Case was received”,
              In many forums I can see that July filers are getting approved (even some Aug filers).
              What do you think? should I start being worried? what is the rate of approvals for Nebraska? are they catching up?
              Some big picture details on the processing would be much appreciated.

Our forum’s data is available above.
              I cannot comment on what other forums and blogs are showing.

• A.B
              A.B 11 Mar, 19 at 4:53 pm

my comment and question was not on the other forums, I was asking you what do you think going on with approvals for EB1C ROW Nebraska, when should I expect mine to be approved?

You can expect your i140 approval by April 2019 first week end.

9. kokulan
    kokulan 5 Feb, 19 at 2:36 pm

hi Anil
    Could you please let me know based on which source above chart is created?
    These values are lesser than the USCIS chart.

If you read the article above, it explains how the charts are created and their data source.

10. Anand
    Anand 28 Jan, 19 at 8:51 pm

hi Anil
    I downgraded from EB2 to EB3 with normal processing as no original labor attached. How long downgrade process would take compare to normal I-140 which has original labor?

It should take the same amount of time as normal i140 processing time.

11. Anil Gupta

Thanks for the information. We will check.

12. Anil Gupta

I verified and it looks correct to me.
    Can you check and share what exact date/data is swapped?