Current i140 Processing Time 2019 – Nebraska, Texas

20 Sep, 19

i140 processing time is 3 – 12 months.  Premium processing i140 is taking 1-15 days for approval.

Texas service center is approving i140 applications for green card faster than USCIS at Nebraska.

H1B i140 EB2 has premium available whereas EB1-C managerial is not eligible for fast 15 day processing.

TEXASFastest Approved CaseRaise USCIS SR Date
24 Mar, 19
Slowest case approval in 5 month 29 days
Unskilled worker (EW3) - H1B (EB3)Receipt: 06 Mar, 19
Approved in 6 month 17 days
19 Dec, 18
Slowest case approval in 9 month 4 days
Advanced degree or exceptional ability requesting a National Interest Waiver (NIW)Receipt: 28 Nov, 18
Approved in 9 month 25 days

21 Feb, 19
Slowest case approval in 7 month
Unskilled worker (EW3) - H1B (EB3)Receipt: 30 Apr, 19
Approved in 4 month 22 days
21 Feb, 19
Slowest case approval in 7 month
Advanced degree or exceptional ability requesting a National Interest Waiver (NIW)Receipt: 29 Apr, 19
Approved in 4 month 23 days
22 Jan, 19
Slowest case approval in 8 month
Schedule A NursesReceipt: 29 Apr, 19
Approved in 4 month 23 days
21 Feb, 19
Slowest case approval in 7 month

i140 Withdrawn vs Revoke

Your i140 stays valid if it has not been withdrawn by employer in 180 days after its approval.

USCIS only revokes i140 if they find any fraud or mis-representation by your employer. You cannot use the i140 if it has been revoked.

Employer may request the i140 withdrawal even after 180 days. Do not worry if the USCIS case status shows as ‘withdrawn’ online.

i140 Withdrawal is safe but revoke makes i140 un-usable for future.

H1B Transfer with Withdrawn i140

You can use withdrawn i140 to port your Green date to new employer by filing a new PERM and i140.

Use i140  extend your H1B stay in US after 6 year. You can change employer using i140 and file H1B transfer multiple times as long as your Green card priority date is not current.

Employer not sharing i140 details?

You can request your i140 details from USCIS using FOIA request if your employer is not sharing i140 with you.

USA USCIS Processing Time

1. manans25
    manans25

Hi Anil, I wanted to get your opinion on when you estimate I will receive a decision on my I-140.

Here is my scenario. My firm applied for EB-2 on June 21, 2013.
    More recently, I sent an EB1A concurrent petition (I-140 and I-485) on May 14, 2019 using my 2013 priority date.

It would be great if you can help me get an estimate on when I can hear from USCIS on adjudication of my I-140. Many thanks!

2. kasturi
    kasturi

Thank you very much Anil for the prompt response. I will update in the forum once I get the I-140 approval.
    Kind regards,
    Kasturi

3. anand24
    anand24

Thanks a lot for your valuable response. Hope i will get the approval notice very soon. I will update immediately after getting the approval . Thanks for your support

4. chaves
    chaves

My EB2-NIW I-140 has been received on October 19, 2018 at the Texas Service Center. When do you think I would hear back?

Chaves

5. anand24
    anand24

It is also possible that attorney hide the result because i highly doubt that uscis would have missed to send approval hard copy and even if uscis missed attorney should have followed up based on online status. Not sure whether it is a mistake or purposefully hidden.

i too raised the foia. Once i get the receipt number i ll check online on what happened on my case and will get confirmation whether it is approved or not.

1. CLB
    CLB 1 Apr, 19 at 10:26 am

My EB1B I140 application at Nebraska Service center received on November 1st, 2018 . could you please let me know when should I expect decision for my case?

Best regards,
    CLB

Anil Gupta 1 Apr, 19 at 10:32 am

You can expect your i140 approval by April 2019 third week end.

• CLB
        CLB 2 Apr, 19 at 7:36 am

2. Sujith
    Sujith 1 Apr, 19 at 9:44 am

My 140 is shown as Approved in USCIS website on March 20, but my employer says they didnt get the approval notice yet, Please let me know how much time it will take to receive the notice, It is been 10days now after the case is approved.Is there any way we can track the notice.

Anil Gupta 1 Apr, 19 at 10:32 am

It can take up-to 7-21 days for the official mail letter to arrive by USPS mail.

• Sujith
        Sujith 1 Apr, 19 at 11:48 am

Thanks Anil.

Can i do my H1B Extension based on online approval or should i wait for the approval notice.I am maxing out on my H1B in May 5, 2019 so i am little concerned on what needs to be done.

Anil Gupta 1 Apr, 19 at 11:58 am

I suggest to wait for i140 approval copy.

• Sujith
            Sujith 11 Apr, 19 at 11:45 am

It is been 23 days now since my 140 approved my comp
            any or attorney has not received the approval notice, They ahave reached out to USCIS and there is no response from them either let me know what should i do now.

Anil Gupta 11 Apr, 19 at 11:45 am

Contacting USCIS is the only option and your Employer has already done it.

I suggest to wait for USCIS response.

• sujith
                sujith 11 Apr, 19 at 12:08 pm

I am not sure why they are not sharing the tracking number, I have done it in premium and there is also no response from them.

Anil Gupta 11 Apr, 19 at 12:08 pm

haha…it is possible that your employer has got the approval copy and not sharing with you and just making excuses.

3. Suresh
    Suresh 30 Mar, 19 at 12:33 pm

My EB2 Nebraska Service center I-140 has been received on October 16, 2018 at Nebraska. Do you have idea, when should I expect decision for my case?

Sincerely yours
    SK

You can expect your i140 approval by April 2019 end.

• Suresh
        Suresh 30 Mar, 19 at 5:06 pm

Thanks for your reply

4. ID
    ID 29 Mar, 19 at 5:28 pm

HI Anil,

My EB2 NIW I-140 has been received on December 02, 2018 at Nebraska. Do you have idea, when should I expect decison for my case?

Sincerely yours, DI

You can expect your i140 approval by May 2019 second week end.

5. vaibhav vudayagiri
    vaibhav vudayagiri 19 Mar, 19 at 8:03 am

I got my 1st h1b for 1 year. I applied for extension and got approved till sep -2020(2nd h1b) . So, now I applied 2 times of h1b. (total duration 1st +2nd- 2 year 10 months). If I apply 3rd time, do I need to get i140 approved by that time. Is it 6 year limit or 2 times? I am confused.My company is going to start perm process next week. Please advice me on it.

Anil Gupta 19 Mar, 19 at 8:21 am

The H1B limit is is 6 year and not number of times.

6. Manikandan Rajagopal
    Manikandan Rajagopal 17 Mar, 19 at 9:58 pm

I am following up this page last three months since my I-140 is in pending status since from Dec 3rd’2018 (Nebraska), I noticed that Nebraska advanced skills (EB2) processing application date progress almost went end of Aug’2018 and but it went back to 27th July few days ago (Mid of last week). do you have any idea why this was happened?

Also i noticed that Nebraska they are increasing day by day the processing dates everyday, even with the weekends, but in their site it says that monthly they update the data ? so i confused that processing date what i am seeing is true or not ?, when is the best time to see the actual true processing time.

This site only had the processing period (between dates) , i understood that it is best case receipt date approved, Can you explain that process what USCIS follows the procedure to pick the regular processing cases?

thank you.

Mani

Anil Gupta 18 Mar, 19 at 7:39 am

USCIS updates their dates daily as well as monthly. In their monthly update, they usually move the ‘Raise Service request’ date backwards.

• Manikandan Rajagopal
        Manikandan Rajagopal 18 Mar, 19 at 1:00 pm

Thank you for the reply and make sense. Can you please answer to the between the period application handling by USCIS? is this assumption update here by considering the best case approval or USCIS confirmed this data explaining that they are progressing the application between dates.

Mani

Yes, you can consider that dates between (given above) as the time period for which USCIS is currently processing applications.

Our service finds the ‘best case approval receipt date’ after scanning through multiple user driven forums including our own data.

7. MarceloW
    MarceloW 17 Mar, 19 at 6:59 pm

Hello, EB2 NIW Advanced skills (Dentistry). Receipt Date is Aug/30/2018, Parole (EAD + SS ID) received in the beginning of November/2018.
    I140 (On August 30, 2018, we received your Form I-140 …) and I485 (Fingerprint Fee Was Received… ) – no new status update
    Any estimate to I140 approval and scheduling to interview?
    How many months to the end (GC emission)?
    Texas Office

Please check the average processing time for i140 application based on your USCIS service center.

• MarceloW
        MarceloW 17 Mar, 19 at 8:29 pm

Yes, I already checked. But I heard a rumor about a 12 months + delay to GC. Is it proceeds?

I cannot comments on rumors.

• MarceloW
            MarceloW 17 Mar, 19 at 10:24 pm

But is it the delay true?

8. Sd
    Sd 11 Mar, 19 at 10:55 am

I have approved i140 and currently on H-1B in my 5th year. Can I leave the US and come back later through a different employer (not from the same employer with whom I have my current H-1B and I140 approved) once my date is current?

Your question is out of scope of this article. Hence, I have added it to our forum and answered there.

You can ask follow up questions on forum itself. We answer within 1-24 hours.

• Sd
        Sd 11 Mar, 19 at 1:07 pm

thanks for posting at the correct place, I wasn’t aware of the forum, that’s why posted here. I will follow up on forum now. thanks.

No problem. Forum is new and we are moving off topic questions there to have fruitful discussion on separate page.
          That way, people visiting this page only get to read what they want to read.

Thanks for understanding.

9. Chandu
    Chandu 9 Mar, 19 at 12:11 pm

Hi,
    For Nebraska EB3 best case approval,date is shown as Dec 22 2018. It was Saturday. Does it mean uscis is working on
    Saturdays for processing applications?

It means that the user who shared his case details probably entered the wrong case receipt date in our system.
      All the data is user driven.

You can use the ‘add and compare case’ to see the case numbers and their receipt dates.
      Our service tries to verify the case status for selected cases and it we have verified, the small “verified” check mark shows up against the case.

10. V
    V 8 Mar, 19 at 12:38 pm

Thanks for providing the valuable information.

Is there a way to subscribe to that user gets a notification when there is a change in the queue of interest. For example, say a users has E11 case in Texas center. Is there a way for user to get email notification as and when there is any movement in E11 texas center queue.

Thanks for your time.

You mean to say you want to subscribe to the changes on above page or changes on USCIS website?

• v
        v 8 Mar, 19 at 6:10 pm

To the page above. Or if possible, a specific queue in the page above.

ok..There is no way to subscribe at this time for subscribing to changes.
          Will try to think and set up something for it.

Thanks for asking.