i-485 Processing Time 2019 – Employment & Family Based

Anil Gupta  19 Mar, 19      45  USA USCIS Processing Time

USCIS Processing Time i-485 in 2019 – Employment & Family Based

Receipt *
Please write correct digits from your receipt number.
Receipt Date*
Please provide a valid receipt date.
Visa*
Type*
Processing Type*
Select correct processing type for your case.
Current Status*
Please select correct status.
Status Date*
Please choose correct date.
Comments
RFE Documents

NumberReceiptStatus

Employment-based adjustment applications receipt date05 Apr, 17 01 Jun, 18
1 year 11 month9 month 21 days
05 Apr, 17 - 01 Jun, 18
713 days / 23 month
Updated: 14:29 CST Next Update: 17:29 CST

NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTERRaise SRBest Case Approval
Under HRIFA, Indochinese Adjustment Act, Legal Immigration and Family Equity Act, or NACARA receipt date19 Apr, 15 01 Jun, 17
3 year 11 month1 year 9 month
19 Apr, 15 - 01 Jun, 17
1430 days / 47 month
Based on grant of asylum more than 1 year ago receipt date03 Apr, 17 02 Aug, 18
1 year 11 month7 month 19 days
03 Apr, 17 - 02 Aug, 18
715 days / 23 month
Employment-based adjustment applications receipt date12 Apr, 16 30 Mar, 17
2 year 11 month1 year 11 month
12 Apr, 16 - 30 Mar, 17
1071 days / 35 month
Based on refugee admission more than 1 year ago receipt date06 Feb, 18 30 May, 18
1 year 1 month9 month 23 days
06 Feb, 18 - 30 May, 18
406 days / 13 month
Updated: 14:29 CST Next Update: 17:29 CST

Form i485 is used to adjust your status to ‘Permanent Resident’ i.e. Green Card when you are present in USA either in Employment based or family based immigration.

Adjustment of Status Processing time – Regular Application

Green card adjustment of status form i485 processing time is updated daily in 2018 using the official USCIS processing times and data shared by real applicants in various forums and trackers online.

Travelling while i485 application is pending is not recommended if you do not have any other valid visa to re-enter USA.

I-485 Concurrent Filing with I-130

Form I-485 is also the next step in the family-based green card process after submitting Form I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative). If the sponsored husband or wife is present in the United States, you can file I-130 and I-485 together as “concurrent” application.

Current i485 processing time
Current i485 processing time

Raise USCIS Case Service Request – Outside Normal Processing Time

If your ‘case received date’ is before the date (worst case) mentioned above, you should raise a service request with USCIS to check why your case has been delayed. This could mean your case is taking longer than other similar cases and may be stuck in administrative processing.

Glossary
  • CSC = California Service Center
  • VSC = Vermont Service Center
  • NSC = Nebraska Service Center
  • COS = Change Of Status in the U.S.
  • Extension = Extension of stay in the U.S.
  • Consular Proc = Visa (Stamp or visa foil) to be issued outside USA in a US Embassy.
  • N.A. = Not Applicable

1 2

1. Hello Anil your forum is very helpful for us, i have question i filed employment based (EB3) i765, i131 and i485 concurrent file in oct 15, 2018. My i140 approved and I got EAD card already. i485 transfered to NBC from TSC on nov 17, 2018 haven’t hear anything after that. Do you know how long it will take more to scheduel interview.

• Anil Gupta   11 Mar, 19 at 9:50 pm

Is your priority date current right now?

• Yes sir

• Then, I do not have an estimate for EB3 interview call at this time. Will try to check and reply soon.
          The interview call also depends a lot on your location and the availability at your local USCIS office.

2. Hi Anil,

My PD is July 22, 2010 in EB3. When will USCIS start accepting Date of Filing for I485 filing?

Nutan

• Anil Gupta   11 Mar, 19 at 1:49 pm

Is it family based or employment based?
      Date of filing chart is currently not available for use. I do not know when will it re-opened again.

3. Hi Anil,

Thanks for your help

NBC received my I485 along with EAD/AP on 2nov18,
    What is my expected date of interview?

JS

• Anil Gupta   2 Mar, 19 at 8:10 am

Normally, the interviews are scheduled within 2-3 months but the time varies by your location and the availability at the interview center.

4. Hello Anil

My interview was on 9/24/2018 and it transferred to TEXAS SERVICE CENTER on 10/04/18.

what is my expected date to get GC in hand?
    (EB3, KOREA, LOCAL USCIS is Montgomery)

5. Hello Anil

My i485 case was received by USCIS on 12/31/18 (receipt date).
    and It transferred to NBC on 1/28/2019

what is my expected date for interview?
    (EB3, 140approved, finger is done, Montgomery is local uscis for my case)

6. hello anil sir
    we had our interview on employment based green card on feb 13 2019 however their was a page missing from our form and IO said she will issue us RFE for the same in 10 bussiness days, Any idea how long will it take for IO to respond after we send a response to RFE.

7. Hi Anil Gupta –

I see that your insights in this forum are really helpful. Below I have mentioned my specific situation, and then listed the questions I have. I would really appreciate any insights from people who have faced or know of a similar situation and its impact.
    Status if lost my job after EB1C I-485 Interview and waiting for GC approval

SITUATION:
    (1) Came on L1A in Jan 2016 with wife on L2
    (2) I-140 filed for me and spouse in Jun 2017 and approved in July 2018.
    (3) EB1C I-485 filed for both of us in last quarter of 2017,
    (4) Both of us received GC EAD in Apr 2018 for 1 year
    (5) Green card interview happened on 4th Feb 2019 for both of us. Officer said no issues but since priority date was not current, he cannot currently approve the green card on the spot. (Priority date is jun 2017 and current final action date as per Feb bulletin is feb 2017, thus a backlog of 4 months)
    (6) On 8th Feb, my firm did a mass layoff and I was also impacted by this systemic decision. The notice period is 2 weeks and the current job is until 22 feb 2019.
    (7) My wife is still working on GC EAD which is valid for both of us until 4th April 2019

QUESTIONS
    (A) Would I and my wife be in status after I lose my job (we are planning to file for GC EAD renewal before the current one expires)?
    (B) Would it be an issue if it takes some time for me to get a new offer after losing the current job?
    (C) Would my situation impact my wife’s job in any way?

• Anil Gupta   11 Feb, 19 at 8:10 am

## Status after losing job with i485 pending
      You will be in ‘period of authorized stay’ after your job is lost and your i485 is pending.

## L2 Spouse status after primary job loss
      Your spouse can keep working using her i485 EAD even after you lose your job.

## New Job Offer
      You will need to get a new job offer quickly if you want to apply for i485 pending EAD.
      You can stay in US while your i485 is pending but can only work if you either have valid work visa like L1 or H1B or an EAD.

Let me know if you have more questions.

8. Hi Anil – are the employment based processing times getting longer? Recall they were around 6mo. but now look like 9mo. thanks!

• Anil Gupta   9 Feb, 19 at 10:28 am

Yes, processing times are increasing every month due to high number of cases being filed.
      It looks like pretty soon, USCIS will start publishing priority dates for H1B too , the way they do it for Green card!

9. Hi Anil,

Our i485 case was received by USCIS on 9/29/17 (receipt date). We had our interview with a immigration officer on 8/30, due to retrogression case was sent to Texas. We are still waiting for any updates. What is the average wait time for cases like ours affected by retrogression?

• Anil Gupta   9 Feb, 19 at 10:01 am

I do not have data to share the average wait time for this scenario at this time.

10. My sibling is US Citizen. I have H1B Visa and live in US also I got I 140. Can I apply I 130 Concurrent Filing I485? Please suggest

• Anil Gupta   9 Feb, 19 at 10:09 am

Unfortunately, the answer is NO.
      Since, a brother of US citizen is NOT considered an immediate family member, you have to wait for your priority date to be current to file I-485.

First, you brother needs to file I-130 and secure a priority date for you and then wait for your date to get current in Visa Bulletin.

Going by your name, I assume you are from India. If yes, then you have a Loooong wait there too.
      In Dec 2018 visa bulletin, the Indian family (F4 – your case) current priority date is 8 Jun 2004.

So, you are pretty much in the same boat as your H1B!
      There is no harm in applying for I-130 though as it gives you an extra option to be in the GC race.

1 2