Current EAD Processing Time 2019 – H4, L2, I-485 Green Card

Anil Gupta  19 Mar, 19      582  EAD USA USCIS Processing Time

USCIS EAD Processing Time

Receipt *
Please write correct digits from your receipt number.
Receipt Date*
Please provide a valid receipt date.
Visa*
Type*
Processing Type*
Select correct processing type for your case.
Current Status*
Please select correct status.
Status Date*
Please choose correct date.
Comments
RFE Documents

NumberReceiptStatus

H4-EAD / L2-EAD / J2 / Others receipt date20 Oct, 18 30 Oct, 18
5 month4 month 20 days
20 Oct, 18 - 30 Oct, 18
150 days / 5 month
Updated: 15:00 CST Next Update: 18:00 CST

NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTERRaise SRBest Case Approval
Based on an approved asylum application [(a)(5)] receipt date20 Oct, 18 08 Feb, 19
5 month1 month 9 days
H4-EAD / L2-EAD / J2 / Others receipt date20 Oct, 18 30 Jan, 19
5 month1 month 18 days
20 Oct, 18 - 30 Jan, 19
150 days / 5 month
Updated: 15:00 CST Next Update: 18:00 CST

POTOMAC SERVICE CENTERRaise SRBest Case Approval
F-1 OPT EAD (Pre-Completion, Post-completion, STEM) - C(3) receipt date20 Oct, 18 31 Dec, 18
5 month2 month 18 days

185 days / 6 month
H4-EAD / L2-EAD / J2 / Others receipt date24 May, 18 30 Jul, 18
9 month 29 days7 month 22 days
24 May, 18 - 30 Jul, 18
299 days / 9 month
Updated: 15:00 CST Next Update: 18:00 CST

EAD applications filed on form i-765 can be for different types of employment authorizations. The EAD approval processing timeline for both new and renewal or extension requests is given above for all H4 EAD, L2 Visa EAD, I-485 adjustment of status pending EADs at all USCIS service centers including National Benefits Center.

The best case scenario is the most recent EAD approval that we have found using data from various user driven forums and online trackers. The final dates have been merged with USCIS official data to give you a reliable average EAD processing time.

Raise USCIS Case Service Request – Outside Normal Processing Time

If your ‘case received date’ is before the date mentioned above, you should raise a service request with USCIS to check why your case has been delayed. This could mean that your case is taking longer than other similar cases and may be stuck in administrative processing.

EAD processing time - Updated Daily
EAD processing time – Updated Daily

How long does it take for EAD to come?

The normal USCIS processing time is mentioned above for each service center.

How do I check the status of my EAD application?

You can use USCIS case status check website to get the status of your EAD application with your USCIS receipt number.

Can I work with approval notice for EAD?

NO. You cannot. You need the EAD card to start any kind of work.

How long does it take to get EAD card once approved?

You should receive your card within 5-7 days once the status of your EAD application shows as ‘Card sent for printing’.

EAD processing time Dallas or Phoenix

There are no USCIS service centers named Dallas or Phoenix. You just send your applications to lock-boxes (mail box) located in Dallas and Phoenix. After that, USCIS routes your EAD application to actual service center. Check your receipt number to find which service is processing your application.

EAD Processing Time after RFE

It usually takes 60-90 days to process and approve EAD application after you have submitted RFE response to USCIS. The count starts from day USCIS receives your RFE response.

Make sure your primary visa like H1B (or L) has at-least 6 months of validity before applying for dependent H4 EAD to avoid a certain RFE.

How long does the SSN card take to arrive if applied with EAD application?

The SSN takes about 4 weeks to arrive if your EAD has been approved and you had opted to get SSN with your EAD application.
If not applied with EAD, you have to apply SSN separately after you receive your EAD card.

1 2 3 17

1. Police Rajesh   14 Jan, 19 at 9:48 am

Best case approval for H4 EAD at CA is 18days, does this mean we have got EAD approvals in 18days in regular processing ?
    Please confirm.

• Anil Gupta   9 Feb, 19 at 10:04 am

I think it would be a premium processing case.
      Since, these dates are based on user provided data, it is possible that the user who shared his/her case as ‘approved’ incorrectly marked the application as ‘regular’ instead of premium.

• Police Rajesh   9 Feb, 19 at 10:14 am

Ohh okay !! Thank you !! I heard regular cases getting approved in 30days in CA. But was surprised seein 18days ! Hope tats true !

• Police Rajesh   9 Feb, 19 at 10:44 am

Am just wondering it may not be premium cases since CA doesnt have premium for h1b and for EAD i dont think we have premium available. And now its changed to 17days. Really surprised if we have ead approvals in 17 days. Not sure if we can knw what is the source of these dates ?

2. Hi. I filed I-485 EAD (Nebraska Center) on October 30, 2018. The best case date was shown as Nov 1, 2018 yesterday. However, today it is shown as October 4, 2018. Could you please explain how does it regress back. Thanks.

• Anil Gupta   9 Feb, 19 at 10:03 am

This ‘best case finding’ service cleans data everyday. Sometimes users enter wrong case information and hence it shows up as wrong best case date.
      This service tries to validate the real case status and then deletes the record that it thinks user has entered with wrong or mis-leading status.

This is what could have happened with the Nov 1, 2018 case. Its good that you are watching the status closely. Good catch.
      Please keep sharing any discrepancy that you may see.

• Hi Anil,

Thanks a lot for clarification. One more question. Does I-485 EAD approval date depends on the fingerprint date? Best regards,

3. NATIONAL BENEFITS SERVICE CENTER I-485 EAD showing as OCT 5th yesterday .. today shows as 31st Aug.. is there any issue ? ..Any Idea why best case date moved back to 2 months.. ?

• Anil Gupta   9 Feb, 19 at 10:03 am

Yesterday, our service cleaned up cases which were entered by users with wrong information. So, many best cases would have been removed.

• Is these dates will corrected Soon.. ?

• Anil Gupta   9 Feb, 19 at 10:44 am

We are trying to correct dates weekly at this time.

• Thank you, what would be current best case date for NATIONAL BENEFITS SERVICE CENTER I-485 pending
            EAD Now ?

• Anil Gupta   11 Feb, 19 at 8:14 am

Did you add your case to tracker given above and checked where your case stands with respect to other cases around your receipt?

• How i can add it?

• Just click ‘Add & Compare My Case’.
              Then enter your receipt number and other details. Then click ‘Add case’ button.

When you click add button, it adds your case to am22 DB and it’s available for other users.
              It immediately shows you the cases that have been approved around your case receipt number and date.

Does that help?

• May i get any Link

• Anil Gupta   11 Feb, 19 at 8:14 am

Today’s date shows as 05 Sep, 18 for best case.

4. Namrata Rawat   14 Jan, 19 at 9:47 am

i had applied for L2 EAD renewal and my l2 visa is valid till 2020 same as my spouse but the renwal of EAD was tagged to my i-94 expiry and not to my spouse (L1b) i-94 expiry. so I got short rewal as my i-94 was due to expire on feb 2019.

Is their a way I can call uscis ans ask them to extend as my spouse i-94 or do i need to update my i-94 and then apply l2 ead again.Please suggest

• Anil Gupta   9 Feb, 19 at 10:09 am

Any reason that you did not extend your i94 to match your L2 visa?
      Is your i94 expiry short due to passport expiry date?

• Namrata Rawat   9 Feb, 19 at 10:13 am

Yes, when I entered i had a old passport and i renewed my passport just two months back and was planning to get i-94 renewed when i would travel. Will uscis entertain my case to get this fixed

• Anil Gupta   9 Feb, 19 at 10:13 am

No, USCIS will not entertain any request now. You should have ideally got your new i94 and then should have applied for L2 EAD to get validity equal to your visa.
          Now, the only option is to file for EAD renewal as and when it is due.

• Namrata Rawat   9 Feb, 19 at 10:44 am

i have not received the physical card but received letter saying that my case is approved so if I ask them to hold and submit revised i-94 will it help.Also, submitting case enquiry will help?

• No. Whatever documents you submitted initially were used to process your application.
              Any new update has to be sent with new application and new processing fees.

You can call USCIS and ask but as far as I know, nothing can be done now.

• Namrata Rawat   11 Feb, 19 at 8:19 am

I am re-applying for EAD renewal as I got only one month extension based on my old I-94.
              I have renewed my I-94 by traveling out of US recently.

I want to reconfirm the documents which I am sending to USCIS:

1- G1450: For credit card payment
              2- G-1145: Electronic notification
              3- I-765 : The main form
              4- Two photographs (back sign with SSN number)
              5-Spouse visa and self visa
              6-spouse i-94 and self i-94
              7-marriage certificate
              8-Last EAD (both front and back)
              9-My passport copy

My question is do i need to include ?

1-spouse passport copy
              2-My SSN copy
              3- My all EAD (I have two EAD cards)

Please confirm as it will be a great help.

Regards,
              Namrata

• Anil Gupta   11 Feb, 19 at 1:52 pm

You can refer this article. It’s primarily for H4 EAD but L2 EAD documents are also same.

• Namrata Rawat   12 Feb, 19 at 12:31 pm

Thanks! Anil

One last question as i did not get the info in the link provided.

Do I need to send photocopy of all EAD cards?
              Also ,last time when I received the EAD card it had a barcode slip stating I should include that when I renew my EAD for faster renewal, is
              that a common document which everyone gets?

Regards,
              Namrata

• Anil Gupta   12 Feb, 19 at 3:52 pm

Yes, that slip is sent with every EAD card.

It’s okay if you do not have that slip. You can scan both sides of your most recent EAD card and send it.

No need to send all old EAD cards. Just the most recent one is sufficient.

5. Hi Anil,
    I have applied for H4 and EAD concurrently for VSC location in August. The H4 current dates are Jan while the EAD are September .
    I got an RFE for EAD asking to submit the 797C for H4.hence I submitted the documents requested. Can you please explain how this scenario works as there is difference in the current dates.

• Your EAD application will be on hold until a decision is made on H4 application.

6. Vinicius Santos Fernandes   14 Jan, 19 at 9:47 am

My I-140 was approved but I have my I-765 and I-131 still pending.
    My receipt date is June 19, 2018 and it is assigned to be processed by the National Benefits Center.
    Looking into the USCIS processing times, it says that they are processing the cases from July 11, 2018.
    On the other side, this website says that the best date processed was from a June 16, 2018 receipt date.
    It looks like that the USCIS processing times provided is too different from the data you have. Am I correct?

Thanks in advance.

• Looks like you are looking at wrong service center.
      11 July is for i485 pending EAD at national benefits center.
      Is that what you are looking at?

• Vinicius Santos Fernandes   9 Feb, 19 at 10:03 am

Yes, that is what I am looking at. But, as my receipt is from June 19. I am guessing that it was supposed to be already processed. Right?

• Anil Gupta   9 Feb, 19 at 10:13 am

Ideally yes, it should have been processed. But, there is no guarantee. If your receipt date is before the ‘Raise SR’ date, then you should raise a service request with USCIS to find the reason behind delay.

7. Hello,
    Just wanted to now how long does it take to receive the SSN after EAD card has arrived if opted to get SSN along with EAD application.
    Its been 4 weeks and i havent got the SSN so just wondering the average timelines or if it takes longer. Thanks in advance

8. Smriti Khanna   14 Jan, 19 at 9:47 am

Hello Sir,
    We have Applied for I 485 and our receipt date is 31st August 2018, we haven’t received our EAD and Travel Document. I think we are quite upto normal processing time. However, i would like to ask, if our EAD and Travel document gets approved, can we go to India and come back without any issue? I am hearing lot of things that even if we have travel document we will be in trouble to get entry in US, can you help me a best answer for this question?

9. Ankit Mehta   14 Jan, 19 at 9:47 am

I filled my L2-EAD initial application on 19th October 2018 and California service center recieved my application on 22nd October 2018 (same status has been updated under my case), wrt this, I had the below two questions :

1. As per current timelines, Can I expect EAD approval by 25th March 2019, is this understanding correct ? and

2. We noticed some EAD cases, that were submitted after our dates, have already received approval. So wanted to understand how the USCIS process works. is it not on first come first serve basis ?

Thanks in advance.

• Yes, you should expect result by April 2019 first week.
      USCIS does work on first come first serve basis. I assume you are checking the case numbers randomly case status website.
      Remember that it is possible that cases that you choose around your receipt number may not actually be EAD cases.

Also, cases are assigned to case officers and it is possible that your case is stuck in one officer’s queue who is working on someone else’s case first.
      There is no real insight from USCIS on how they process cases though.

• Ankit Mehta   14 Jan, 19 at 10:04 am

Thank you so much Anil for your prompt response. one last question-how can I find where the case is stuck? should I call them & check or should I raise request? I heard that raising request could cost further delays. Thank you.

• Anil Gupta   9 Feb, 19 at 10:02 am

You can raise a service request only if your case receipt date is before the ‘Raise SR’ date mentioned above.
          No, raising service request does NOT delay your case. It is a complete baseless rumor that it delays your processing further.

In-fact, I strongly recommend to raise a service request if your case has passed the ‘Raise SR’ date. This is what USCIS also recommends.

10. TheNepenthes   14 Jan, 19 at 9:47 am

Hello,

I mailed out my I-795 application December 27th, and I saw the application fee appearing in my bank account on 1/4 (2019). Yet I haven’t received a receipt, digitally or physically. How long does it usually take to receive the digital receipt; should I be worried?

1 2 3 17