Current EAD Processing Time 2019 – H4, L2, I-485 Green Card

Anil Gupta  19 Mar, 19      581  EAD USA USCIS Processing Time

USCIS EAD Processing Time

Receipt *
Please write correct digits from your receipt number.
Receipt Date*
Please provide a valid receipt date.
Visa*
Type*
Processing Type*
Select correct processing type for your case.
Current Status*
Please select correct status.
Status Date*
Please choose correct date.
Comments
RFE Documents

NumberReceiptStatus

H4-EAD / L2-EAD / J2 / Others receipt date20 Oct, 18 30 Oct, 18
5 month4 month 20 days
20 Oct, 18 - 30 Oct, 18
150 days / 5 month
Updated: 13:46 CST Next Update: 16:46 CST

NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTERRaise SRBest Case Approval
Based on an approved asylum application [(a)(5)] receipt date20 Oct, 18 08 Feb, 19
5 month1 month 9 days
H4-EAD / L2-EAD / J2 / Others receipt date20 Oct, 18 30 Jan, 19
5 month1 month 18 days
20 Oct, 18 - 30 Jan, 19
150 days / 5 month
Updated: 13:46 CST Next Update: 16:46 CST

POTOMAC SERVICE CENTERRaise SRBest Case Approval
F-1 OPT EAD (Pre-Completion, Post-completion, STEM) - C(3) receipt date20 Oct, 18 31 Dec, 18
5 month2 month 18 days

185 days / 6 month
H4-EAD / L2-EAD / J2 / Others receipt date24 May, 18 30 Jul, 18
9 month 29 days7 month 22 days
24 May, 18 - 30 Jul, 18
299 days / 9 month
Updated: 13:46 CST Next Update: 16:46 CST

EAD applications filed on form i-765 can be for different types of employment authorizations. The EAD approval processing timeline for both new and renewal or extension requests is given above for all H4 EAD, L2 Visa EAD, I-485 adjustment of status pending EADs at all USCIS service centers including National Benefits Center.

The best case scenario is the most recent EAD approval that we have found using data from various user driven forums and online trackers. The final dates have been merged with USCIS official data to give you a reliable average EAD processing time.

Raise USCIS Case Service Request – Outside Normal Processing Time

If your ‘case received date’ is before the date mentioned above, you should raise a service request with USCIS to check why your case has been delayed. This could mean that your case is taking longer than other similar cases and may be stuck in administrative processing.

EAD processing time - Updated Daily
EAD processing time – Updated Daily

How long does it take for EAD to come?

The normal USCIS processing time is mentioned above for each service center.

How do I check the status of my EAD application?

You can use USCIS case status check website to get the status of your EAD application with your USCIS receipt number.

Can I work with approval notice for EAD?

NO. You cannot. You need the EAD card to start any kind of work.

How long does it take to get EAD card once approved?

You should receive your card within 5-7 days once the status of your EAD application shows as ‘Card sent for printing’.

EAD processing time Dallas or Phoenix

There are no USCIS service centers named Dallas or Phoenix. You just send your applications to lock-boxes (mail box) located in Dallas and Phoenix. After that, USCIS routes your EAD application to actual service center. Check your receipt number to find which service is processing your application.

EAD Processing Time after RFE

It usually takes 60-90 days to process and approve EAD application after you have submitted RFE response to USCIS. The count starts from day USCIS receives your RFE response.

Make sure your primary visa like H1B (or L) has at-least 6 months of validity before applying for dependent H4 EAD to avoid a certain RFE.

How long does the SSN card take to arrive if applied with EAD application?

The SSN takes about 4 weeks to arrive if your EAD has been approved and you had opted to get SSN with your EAD application.
If not applied with EAD, you have to apply SSN separately after you receive your EAD card.

1 13 14 15 16 17

1. Hey Anil, EAD MSC nov 16 2018. I called uscis 3 days ago telling them that i have a job offer and it’s been already 115 days is it gonna stay longer or? He said I’m gonna submit an expedite for you and you should get a notice after 5 to 7 days… what do you think Anil?

• Anil Gupta   14 Mar, 19 at 8:37 am

Assuming you have raised the USCIS service request, the chances of getting result any sooner than normal time are still about 10%.

You can raise an EAD expedite request by going through your congressman to get it faster.

• Okay! What about normally when should I expect the approve as of nov 16 18

• UPDATE MR ANIL! Please let me know what does these updates mean. Thanks a lot

Case History

03/14/2019

On March 14, 2019, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1, was completed.

03/14/2019

On March 14, 2019, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1.

03/14/2019

On March 14, 2019, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1, was assigned to an officer for response.

• Please look at my update in the previous comment

• Anil Gupta   14 Mar, 19 at 6:08 pm

You have already raised a request for Expediting your case. I would suggest to wait for USCIS response.

• Please look at the update in the previous comment

• shreshtha mundra   18 Mar, 19 at 6:24 pm

Hey Nas, did it help to expedite your request ? Did you get the EAD/any reply from them?

2. Hey Anil, i started my application in the last week of february. when should i get my EAD approval?

• Anil Gupta   14 Mar, 19 at 8:37 am

I won’t be able to guess the type of EAD you are filing and the service center it is going to.

3. Hey Anil Great work really appreciate for All this Helpful Material,
    do you have any idea when i can hope my EAD & AP ?
    NBC Filed date 27 Dec 2018 & Bio metric Done JaN 23 2019, PLEASE SUGGEST.
    thanks

4. Hello Anil! First of all, congratulations for the awesome piece of work. You are a genious! If you have some time.. My PD is Jan/10/2019, NBC, I-485 when should I be expecting my EAD/AP? Thanks a lot!!!

5. Hi Anil, when can I expect to get the EAD card if my RD: Nov. 30th, 2018, National Benefit Center, 485-based.

6. Hello Anil ,

The case was sent to TX office but the receipt number is starting with MSC , The case is filed Jan 10th for 485 & AP , when can I expect them ?

Please advise which service to be tracked.

7. Hi Anil. The i-485 best case date dropped from Dec 29, 2018 to Nov 28, 2018 over the course of the day yesterday. Did data points drop out or do you think this is accurate with Nov as the best case? My receipt date is Jan 8 2019 so hoping for approval soon. thanks!

• For is for the National Center

• Anil Gupta   13 Mar, 19 at 9:32 am

We have fixed lot of records where users had shared the wrong receipt date for their approved cases. That’s why you see the change in the date.
        All this data is driven by users as they share their case details with the community.

Our service cross checked all records with USCIS official website and the records which were found to have incorrect status were removed.

That’s why you see a drop. We are working to remove bad records as and when they are entered by users to keep the data clean as much as possible. The service is still new and we do see some hiccups.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

You should be able to get result by May 2019 end.

8. Hi Anil, Thank you again for all your help. I really need to travel next week outside of the U.S. My I-765 has been approved (MSC) and my card is being produced with this message in the case history: 03/08/2019 “We completed our review of your fingerprints and are continuing to work on your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.”
    I’m still waiting to get an update regarding my travel document on the case status online portal. The last update was 09/21/2018. I don’t understand why my travel document wasn’t approved at the same time. I filed the paperwork and sent them together at the same time!
    Also:
    Why the processing time for National Benefits Service Center went from I-485 pending EAD receipt date September 19, 2018 (March 8, 2018) to September 09, 2018 (Today, March 12, 2018)?
    This is the same for Travel Document (I-131) receipt date, it went from September 19, 2018 (March 8, 2018) to August 23, 2018 (Today, March 12, 2018). Do you think there is an issue with their system?
    Thank you very much!

• Anil Gupta   13 Mar, 19 at 9:32 am

Not sure why your travel document approval is pending. Normally, both EAD and AP are approved together.

9. Rajesh Malhotra   12 Mar, 19 at 11:28 pm

Hi Anil, the receipt date for my I-485 pending EAD is Nov 9th 2018. I have not received any RFE for my application yet. Can I still expect my EAD by end of April?

• Anil Gupta   13 Mar, 19 at 9:32 am

Which service center is it?

• Rajesh Malhotra   13 Mar, 19 at 11:44 am

It is NBC. Thanks!

• Rajesh Malhotra   13 Mar, 19 at 5:05 pm

The website shows “6 month 5 days” for “I-485 pending EAD receipt date” under NBC. So I believe in the worst case, I should receive it by 15th May. Is that true? Also if I have a job offer, can I send a request to USCIS to expedite the request?

• Anil Gupta   13 Mar, 19 at 8:21 pm

Yes, the 6 months 5 days is the worst case scenario. Normally, 90% of cases do get result before this date.
            You can file an EAD expedite request but chances are low.

• Rajesh Malhotra   14 Mar, 19 at 9:32 pm

Thanks Anil! Also if my EAD shows – “New Card Is Being Produced” but Form I-131, Application for Travel Document still shows – “Case Was Received”. In that case, will my EAD card get delivered to me 5-7 days after it was approved or do I need to wait till I-131 also gets approved?

• Anil Gupta   15 Mar, 19 at 6:21 am

New card is being produced means that your EAD is approved and you will get card within 4-15 days. It won’t be affected by other applications.

10. My husband and myself – L1B and L2 dependent
    Visa expired- Feb 2019
    I-94 expiring – Feb 2020
    L2 EAD expired – March 2019
    Filed L1B, L2B and EAD extension last month all together and Received date on USCIS portal Feb 11 2019 Service center-Texas service center.
    Any idea when we can expect our result.
    Thanks!
    Kruti

• You can expect L2 EAD approval by May 2019 end provided L1B is also approved within same time.

1 13 14 15 16 17