Current EAD Processing Time 2019 – H4, L2, I-485 Green Card

By Anil Gupta - Updated on  26 Apr, 19

Receipt *
Please write correct digits from your receipt number.
Receipt Date*
Please provide a valid receipt date.
Visa*
Type*
Processing Type*
Select correct processing type for your case.
Current Status*
Please select correct status.
Status Date*
Please choose correct date.
Comments
RFE Documents

NumberReceiptStatus

All other applications for employment authorizationWAC19082*****30 Jan, 19
2 month 26 days
26 Nov, 18
5 month 1 days
Updated: 6:04 CST Next Update: 9:04 CST

VERMONTBest CaseReceipt DateUSCIS Service Request
Based on an approved, concurrently filed, I-821D [(c)(33)]EAC18250*****30 Sep, 18
6 month 28 days
All other applications for employment authorizationEAC19119*****25 Mar, 19
1 month 2 days
27 Nov, 18
5 month
Updated: 6:04 CST Next Update: 9:04 CST

TEXASBest CaseReceipt DateUSCIS Service Request
Based on a request by a qualified F-1 academic student [(c)(3)]19119*****25 Mar, 19
1 month 2 days

All other applications for employment authorizationLIN19101*****27 Feb, 19
1 month 28 days
27 Nov, 18
5 month
Updated: 6:04 CST Next Update: 9:04 CST

POTOMACBest CaseReceipt DateUSCIS Service Request
Based on a request by a qualified F-1 academic student [(c)(3)]YSC19119*****25 Mar, 19
1 month 2 days

All other applications for employment authorization19042*****30 Nov, 18
4 month 27 days
22 Sep, 18
7 month 6 days
Updated: 6:04 CST Next Update: 9:04 CST

USCIS EAD Processing Time

USCIS EAD processing time varies between 1 month to 6 months.

EAD applications filed on form i-765 can be for different types of employment authorizations. The EAD approval processing timeline for both new and renewal or extension requests is given above for all H4 EAD, L2 Visa EAD, I-485 adjustment of status pending EADs at all USCIS service centers including National Benefits Center.

The best case scenario is the most recent EAD approval that we have found using data from various user driven forums and online trackers. The final dates have been merged with USCIS official data to give you a reliable average EAD processing time.

Raise USCIS Case Service Request – Outside Normal Processing Time

If your ‘case received date’ is before the date mentioned above, you should raise a service request with USCIS to check why your case has been delayed. This could mean that your case is taking longer than other similar cases and may be stuck in administrative processing.

EAD processing time - Updated Daily
EAD processing time – Updated Daily

How long does it take for EAD to come?

The normal USCIS processing time is mentioned above for each service center.

How do I check the status of my EAD application?

You can use USCIS case status check website to get the status of your EAD application with your USCIS receipt number.

Can I work with approval notice for EAD?

You cannot start working until you have received your EAD card.

How long does it take to get EAD card once approved?

You should receive your card within 5-7 days once the status of your EAD application shows as ‘Card sent for printing’.

EAD processing time Dallas or Phoenix

There are no USCIS service centers named Dallas or Phoenix. You just send your applications to lock-boxes (mail box) located in Dallas and Phoenix. After that, USCIS routes your EAD application to actual service center. Check your receipt number to find which service is processing your application.

EAD Processing Time after RFE

It usually takes 60-90 days to process and approve EAD application after you have submitted RFE response to USCIS. The count starts from day USCIS receives your RFE response.

Make sure your primary visa like H1B (or L) has at-least 6 months of validity before applying for dependent H4 EAD to avoid a certain RFE.

How long does the SSN card take to arrive if applied with EAD application?

The SSN takes about 4 weeks to arrive if your EAD has been approved and you had opted to get SSN with your EAD application.
If not applied with EAD, you have to apply SSN separately after you receive your EAD card.

EAD USA USCIS Processing Time

905 Questions & Answers

1. Raghunath
    Raghunath 12 Apr, 19 at 5:23 pm

I sent new H4 EAD application to Dallas Lockbox – now, how long will it take to receive H4 EAD receipt # from the day when package was delivered?

Thank you.

Anil Gupta 12 Apr, 19 at 6:44 pm

It can take 7-21 days for receipt to arrive.

• Raghunath
        Raghunath 12 Apr, 19 at 7:10 pm

Thanks Anil

2. Billy
    Billy 12 Apr, 19 at 3:47 pm

I see that NBC processing time disappeared from the webpage. What happened?

Thank you for you work and have a great weekend.

Anil Gupta 12 Apr, 19 at 4:40 pm

We will check and fix the issue.
      Thanks for highlighting the issue.

3. StyleMe Rickle
    StyleMe Rickle 10 Apr, 19 at 5:39 pm

– I had filled for my H4 (i539) and H4 EAD (i765) together on 5th Nov 2018 (Please Note – my husband’s H1B was already approved before i applied for my extension/EAD) –
    – Got i797 – Notice Of action along with Receipt Date ( 11th Nov 2018)
    – I had to travel to india (Feb-March) due to family emergency where i got my H4 visa stamped (based on my husband’s approved H1B extension) and
    – now i am back in US (with new H4 and i-94 entry stamp)

1) Now i am aware that as soon as i left the country, my i539 application gets closed/abandoned automatically but my question is does the i765 application gets abondoned too along with i539 or does it stay active – (it is still pending as of today – April 10th 2019) ??
    2) Now that i am back to US with Renewed H4 Via Stamp , do i need to apply for H4 EAD ( i765) again or would the old application for i765 be considered Valid and Active ?

Please help me as my current EAD is expiring in a month and i am not sure if i will have to apply for EAD again or not

Rickle

Anil Gupta 10 Apr, 19 at 7:19 pm

I have written on what happens when you travel while your H4 extension and H4 EAD are pending here.

• StyleMe Rickle
        StyleMe Rickle 10 Apr, 19 at 11:01 pm

Hello !

My Confusion is
        Which of the last two options apply to my case
        Option 1- Traveled outside USA, Re-Entered with H4 Visa Stamp (OR)
        OPtion 2- Travel while H4 Extension and H4 EAD Pending with USCIS

Please Note – When i travelled to india in Feb-March – My Old Visa was valid ( Validity – 05 May 2019)
        even on my Return to USA on 2nd April ( Still my Old Visa is Valid and Aditionally got the New Visa Stamped till Dec 2021 ) so based on that which of the above two option apply to me ?
        In Option 1 – It Says even if i do not withdraw my Pending EAD – It will eventually get Denied
        In Option 2 – it Says my Pending EAD Might get an RFE to prove H4 Status

I have been on H4 Visa from 2016 , and this time as well it is the application to extend the same H4 Visa – i am not doing any change of Status from another visa type.

Please Help

Anil Gupta 11 Apr, 19 at 8:43 am

Please ask question on the article that I linked as your question about travel is out of scope of this article.

It is easier for others to understand the context if you ask it on correct page.

4. Raghunath
    Raghunath 10 Apr, 19 at 12:26 pm

I am applying for H4 EAD and my Spouse’s latest I-797 receipt # starts with EAC, so sending the application to USCIS Dallas Lockbox.
    My question:
    is going to actual service center (California/Texas/Vermont/Nebraska) for further processing from Dallas is random or does this depend on EAC/WAC or physical location of applicant?

Thank you.

5. Adrian
    Adrian 9 Apr, 19 at 6:55 pm

Good Evening, How do I check the processing times for I-130 and I-485, for NBC please?

Thanks in advance.

6. Henrique
    Henrique 9 Apr, 19 at 2:40 pm

Hi Anil! Quick question – from your experience, do you feel any difference when it comes to the time it takes for the ead to be delivered when it’s a marriage based case vs. employment based?

Anil Gupta 9 Apr, 19 at 4:52 pm

EAD card approval time may vary but not the delivery once approved.

7. Adnan Kapadia
    Adnan Kapadia 9 Apr, 19 at 10:37 am

Processing Center: Potomac
    EAD case (F-1) received on 25th Feb.

Current Status: Case was received.

When can I expect my EAD Card? Thanks!

Anil Gupta 9 Apr, 19 at 12:08 pm

Please use the processing time given above to estimate your case approval.

8. Wizzy Draconia
    Wizzy Draconia 9 Apr, 19 at 6:47 am

Hey Anil,

My case has just been approved, I’ve updated the data as well, however it doesn’t seem to update.
    L-2 EAD filed on nov 29th (reported as dec 3 due to inconsistent uscis data) at CA center, approved april 9th.

Thanks again for answering my questions!

Anil Gupta 9 Apr, 19 at 6:56 am

Thanks for sharing your case details. We will update our database.

9. PK
    PK 7 Apr, 19 at 5:18 am

Receipt Date: 11/14/2018
    Processing Center: National Benefits Center

Been over 143 days (close to 5 months) and no update yet.

Which month USCIS is processing applications for? When can I expect my EAD/AP?

Anil Gupta 7 Apr, 19 at 5:28 am

Please check the processing dates and time given above.

10. Bryan
    Bryan 6 Apr, 19 at 12:55 pm

Just sharing my positive news: i485 Receipt date Jan 10, 2019 to National Benefits, just got Approval last night for EAD work and travel yesterday on April 5.
    hope to have EAD card in a few weeks! good luck all.

Anil Gupta 6 Apr, 19 at 1:24 pm

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your case update. We appreciate it.

• Nikos Sapountzis
      Nikos Sapountzis 8 Apr, 19 at 12:19 pm

Did you expedite your EAD? It’s amazing that you received it in less that 3 months.

• Bryan