Current EAD Processing Time 2019 – H4, L2, I-485 Green Card

By Anil Gupta - Updated on  26 Apr, 19

Receipt *
Please write correct digits from your receipt number.
Receipt Date*
Please provide a valid receipt date.
Visa*
Type*
Processing Type*
Select correct processing type for your case.
Current Status*
Please select correct status.
Status Date*
Please choose correct date.
Comments
RFE Documents

NumberReceiptStatus

All other applications for employment authorizationWAC19082*****30 Jan, 19
2 month 26 days
26 Nov, 18
5 month 1 days
Updated: 5:58 CST Next Update: 8:58 CST

VERMONTBest CaseReceipt DateUSCIS Service Request
Based on an approved, concurrently filed, I-821D [(c)(33)]EAC18250*****30 Sep, 18
6 month 28 days
All other applications for employment authorizationEAC19119*****25 Mar, 19
1 month 2 days
27 Nov, 18
5 month
Updated: 5:58 CST Next Update: 8:58 CST

TEXASBest CaseReceipt DateUSCIS Service Request
Based on a request by a qualified F-1 academic student [(c)(3)]19119*****25 Mar, 19
1 month 2 days

All other applications for employment authorizationLIN19101*****27 Feb, 19
1 month 28 days
27 Nov, 18
5 month
Updated: 5:58 CST Next Update: 8:58 CST

POTOMACBest CaseReceipt DateUSCIS Service Request
Based on a request by a qualified F-1 academic student [(c)(3)]YSC19119*****25 Mar, 19
1 month 2 days

All other applications for employment authorization19042*****30 Nov, 18
4 month 27 days
22 Sep, 18
7 month 6 days
Updated: 5:58 CST Next Update: 8:58 CST

USCIS EAD Processing Time

USCIS EAD processing time varies between 1 month to 6 months.

EAD applications filed on form i-765 can be for different types of employment authorizations. The EAD approval processing timeline for both new and renewal or extension requests is given above for all H4 EAD, L2 Visa EAD, I-485 adjustment of status pending EADs at all USCIS service centers including National Benefits Center.

The best case scenario is the most recent EAD approval that we have found using data from various user driven forums and online trackers. The final dates have been merged with USCIS official data to give you a reliable average EAD processing time.

Raise USCIS Case Service Request – Outside Normal Processing Time

If your ‘case received date’ is before the date mentioned above, you should raise a service request with USCIS to check why your case has been delayed. This could mean that your case is taking longer than other similar cases and may be stuck in administrative processing.

EAD processing time - Updated Daily
EAD processing time – Updated Daily

How long does it take for EAD to come?

The normal USCIS processing time is mentioned above for each service center.

How do I check the status of my EAD application?

You can use USCIS case status check website to get the status of your EAD application with your USCIS receipt number.

Can I work with approval notice for EAD?

You cannot start working until you have received your EAD card.

How long does it take to get EAD card once approved?

You should receive your card within 5-7 days once the status of your EAD application shows as ‘Card sent for printing’.

EAD processing time Dallas or Phoenix

There are no USCIS service centers named Dallas or Phoenix. You just send your applications to lock-boxes (mail box) located in Dallas and Phoenix. After that, USCIS routes your EAD application to actual service center. Check your receipt number to find which service is processing your application.

EAD Processing Time after RFE

It usually takes 60-90 days to process and approve EAD application after you have submitted RFE response to USCIS. The count starts from day USCIS receives your RFE response.

Make sure your primary visa like H1B (or L) has at-least 6 months of validity before applying for dependent H4 EAD to avoid a certain RFE.

How long does the SSN card take to arrive if applied with EAD application?

The SSN takes about 4 weeks to arrive if your EAD has been approved and you had opted to get SSN with your EAD application.
If not applied with EAD, you have to apply SSN separately after you receive your EAD card.

EAD USA USCIS Processing Time

905 Questions & Answers

1. Henrique
    Henrique 17 Apr, 19 at 11:37 am

Anil, look at this case:
    MSC1990455476 new Jan 08, 19 Approved (verified)
    Why is the best case approval for NBC showing 12/10 if there is this verified case, for example, which was approved with RD in January?

Anil Gupta 17 Apr, 19 at 4:28 pm

Is the case MSC1990455476 showing as approved and verified in our database above?
      If yes, then we can check as to why this date is not being reflected.

• Henrique
        Henrique 17 Apr, 19 at 8:22 pm

Yes, Anil. I just hit the compare button and it appeared as verified.

Anil Gupta 17 Apr, 19 at 8:29 pm

Ok.. thanks for the confirmation. I will check to see why it is not reflecting in the data then.
          The best case approval data is updated every 3 hours and the one you see using ‘compare’ button is real time.

So, it is possible that you saw it earlier than 3 hour window finished.

We will verify anyway.
          Thanks for the tip.

• Henrique
            Henrique 18 Apr, 19 at 8:41 am

Great! ANy time!!

2. yoppy
    yoppy 17 Apr, 19 at 11:37 am

Hi Anil, I filed I-765 (STEM OPT-3c ) on Feb. 12th. I have a job offer and they gave me 2 more week permit. Do you have any idea when I get my opt? Is there any way to increase this process?

3. Billy
    Billy 17 Apr, 19 at 9:03 am

The receipt dates listed above account for the “received date” or the “notice date” on the i-797C?

Anil Gupta 17 Apr, 19 at 9:31 am

The dates given above show the ‘Receipt date’ printed on i797C notice of receipt.

• Billy
        Billy 17 Apr, 19 at 9:41 am

I understand. But my receipt has two dates: “received date” and “notice date”. The 2 dates on the i-797C are 9 days apart. So, my question is: to which one of the two dates listed on the i-797C the receipt dates listed above correspond?

For example, my received date is 12/13/2018. So if this date corresponds to the receipt date, I am in range for an approval. However, if the receipt date correspond to the notice date on the i-737C, I am not in range for an approval since the notice date is 12/22/2018.

Thank you!

Anil Gupta 17 Apr, 19 at 4:20 pm

As I answered earlier, it should be ‘Received date’.

4. Sean Uba
    Sean Uba 17 Apr, 19 at 1:22 am

My I-140 got RFE in recent update but my other 485, 785 and 131 remain with same status ‘Case was Received’ from Nebraska Service Center. My PD is Feb 4, 2019. Does this mean my Ead/Combo card will take longer until the RFE will be resolve?

Anil Gupta 17 Apr, 19 at 7:42 am

Yes, EAD card cannot be approved if i140 is not approved.

5. ling huang
    ling huang 16 Apr, 19 at 4:07 pm

Hi Ani,
    My case for EAD combo card has been pending for 5 month at National Benefit center. I just got an job offer and they want me to join them with 3 weeks. Is there anyway I can expedite the case? Someone shared her case was approved within 3 month at the same processing center, may I know why her case got processed first than mime?

6. Sebastien B
    Sebastien B 16 Apr, 19 at 8:47 am

Hello,

I have a pending I-485 for all my family at NBC with receipt dated Dec. 10th 2018. I have an E-2 visa and went through the PERM procedure. EAD/AP processing time is getting longer and longer and I have a specific question because of upcoming travel plans that my be affected by the delays :

Is it possible for family members to travel outside of the US after the EAD/AP have been approved but before receiving the card? I could then send them the card by mail abroad before then fly back to the US.

Sebastien

7. Prasad S
    Prasad S 15 Apr, 19 at 5:24 pm

485 filed with National Benefit Center on Oct 24, 2018. My priority date is March 9, 2017.
    We(I and My Wife) got courtesy letter from USCIS requesting I-693 (Medical form) and they asked me not to send now but either to take that with us for interview or if case doesn’t require interview then they will raise RFE and then we can send the same to them. In your opinion, when do you think we should get invite for interview?
    Also, I saw case status today (EAD receipt number) and it shows “New card is being produced” for both of us.

Prasad

Anil Gupta 15 Apr, 19 at 6:56 pm

I do not share individual case estimations now. Sorry.
      It is too difficult and time consuming to reply to each individual case’s estimated times.

• Prasad S
        Prasad S 16 Apr, 19 at 7:38 am

Fair enough. thanks.

• Prasad S
          Prasad S 16 Apr, 19 at 7:30 pm

Hi Anil, QQ if you can answer/provide thoughts. My/Wife’s I-765(EAD application) shows “New card is being produced” but for Travel application it still shows” Case was received”. Does it mean we will only receive EAD and not AP card? Also, traditionally how long does it take to receive EAD card after this status?

Anil Gupta 17 Apr, 19 at 6:44 am

USCIS usually issues combination card these days for EAD and AP.
            You can expect the card to arrive within 4-15 days.

• Prasad S
              Prasad S 17 Apr, 19 at 8:44 am

Thanks Anil.

• Prasad S
              Prasad S 17 Apr, 19 at 11:18 am

Anil, got one question about Medical. I will be going for Medical today (because we got courtesy letter from USCIS to bring the I-693 to interview), though interview is not yet scheduled. I saw somewhere that it should be signed by Civil Surgeon no later than 60 days. I believe I am fine in this scenario as my 485 was filed on Oct 24, 2018. Correct? I see that medical would be valid for 2 years after surgeon signs it.

Anil Gupta 17 Apr, 19 at 4:28 pm

This question is out of scope of this page. I would request you to please ask it on our forum as we want to keep the questions here related to the topic of this page.

• Prasad S
              Prasad S 22 Apr, 19 at 3:45 pm

Thought of sharing..Today we (I and my wife) received EAD-AP combo card finally. I see that its valid for 1 year.

Prasad

Anil Gupta 22 Apr, 19 at 5:43 pm

Congratulations. Thanks for sharing your case update.

8. Sony
    Sony 14 Apr, 19 at 1:58 am

my spouse applied h1, h4 and ead renewal when he was with his old employer and got RFE(application was not withdrawn), then he moved to new Employer(FT) for which h1+h4 approved for 3 years. Now he is with new Employer. Instead of filing new EAD Renewal can I request USCIS by submitting approved H4 with new employer? (my h4 ead renewal which was filed with old employer is outside normal processing. So, I raised a SR and got update to wait for 30 days and then request for expedite and they also provided a Contact number for any assistance)

Can I call to USCIS and let them know that my husband moved to new employer and can I submit my approved h4 for the pending h4 ead renewal application? Does it cause any mess to my husband h1?

Thanks in Advance.

Anil Gupta 14 Apr, 19 at 8:42 am

You cannot send any documents until USCIS explicitly asks for them.
      My suggestion is to wait for result or RFE.

9. Kannan
    Kannan 13 Apr, 19 at 10:28 am

Anil- my L2 EAD receipt date is 06th March 2019 (California center). I currently came back to India. Will my EAD request have any issue if I travel back to US before approval? I am worried if I there will be any RFE as my I-94 date would have changed. Please suggest if I should stay back in India until my EAD gets approved?

Anil Gupta 13 Apr, 19 at 10:38 am

I have answered questions about travel while EAD is pending here.

I have specifically talked about H4 EAD on the linked article but the rules are same for L2 EAD.

• Manny
      Manny 15 Apr, 19 at 8:41 am

I am also in Same Boat. Yes there might be an rfe if i-94 date changes then what you have mentioned in EAD application. You have three options I have :

1. Stay in India till it get approve then come back asap , then apply for EAD extension ( I think end of May or early of June will get approve based on Trackkit data)
      2. You can file new EAD application with new I-94 dates , so you will have two application pending with USCIS. both are independent . If first one gets rfe then second one will get approve in a month( ex : if you apply early May , then it will approve in July). It’s upto you to decide.
      3.Apply EAD extension as soon as first EAD approves,

I will apply above 3 for best case. I am not worrying spending 400$ extra on this instead of wasting time.

This is my personal experience and not a profession advise.

10. Manny
    Manny 13 Apr, 19 at 8:39 am

Hi Anil :

I have applied H4 EAD on March 8th 2019(Receipt Notice) , Vermont center , as my current H4 VISA Expires on November 2019.

I am also planning to travel to India in May 2019 back by June 1st week . I will be going for H4 stamping so My H4 VISA will extend till 2021 December.

What are my next steps ? I am bit confused here Please suggest me on this ?

1.When Can i Expect my H4 EAD approval ?
    2.Will there any RFE if i return with new I-94 Validity ?
    3.When I return with new I-94 Validate if My 1st H4 EAD is application is not approved , then Shall I file new H4 EAD application with new I-94 Validate ?

Thanks In advance .

Anil Gupta 13 Apr, 19 at 9:03 am

I have answered questions about travel while H4 EAD is pending here.

• Manny
        Manny 13 Apr, 19 at 9:18 am

Thanks , I see that . My spouse will be here during my India Visit because of my H4 EAD. Below is the details i may need from you .

1.When Can i Expect my H4 EAD approval ?
        2.Will there any RFE if i return with new I-94 Validity ?

Anil Gupta 13 Apr, 19 at 10:00 am

Please use the processing time estimates given above for your case approval time.

AIl your questions have already been answered on the linked article. Please spare few minutes to read it.
          It will save both your and my time.