This article will discuss:
- Australia PR Documents Certified Copy or Notarize
- Who Can Certify Documents for Australian visa
- Sample Notary Stamp for Australia 189/190 Visa
- Valid Certification – Notarization Requirements
- Certified Documents for Assessment
- Notary Required for Salary Slips?
- Is Notary Required for Police Clearance Certificate?
- Is Notary Needed for English Language Test Result?
- Is Notary Required for Work Assessment?
Australia PR Documents Certified Copy or Notarize
Certified copy of documents for Australia PR visa means the attested photocopy by notary.
You need to either scan all your documents in color or black & white and then get them notarized. Scan the notarized copy for uploading to Australia PR Immiaccount.
Who Can Certify Documents for Australian visa
Any government recognized authority in your country can Certify documents for Australian Visa outside Australia.
- Notary public can certify documents in India for Australian PR or visa. First class gazetted officer can also use their stamp and signature to certify a Xerox (photocopy) of original documents like passport, your university transcripts and work experience letters.
- In USA, the public notary is available with public banks like Bank of America, Chase etc, including mail companies like USPS, UPS, and FedEx for a fee. Sometimes, in USA, notary would issue a ‘notary acknowledgement form’ which is a separate paper and no stamps on actual document. This is acceptable for Australia immigration. But, stamp on the actual document copy is preferred.
- In Australia, Justice of Peace is acceptable as notary.
Sample Notary Stamp for Australia 189/190 Visa
These are sample notary stamp as used in USA.
Stamp 1: This stamp is mandatory to show the Notary’s validity and registration number.
Stamp 2: The content of the stamp mentioning the document type can also be written by hand.
Valid Certification – Notarization Requirements
- Should be marked as ‘ CERTIFIED TRUE COPY OF ORIGINAL ‘. – Either you can write this by hand or use a rubber stamp (as shown in above image).
- Should have Notary signature.
- Should have Notary official stamp.
- Should have Notary date of signing. Date format: dd/mm/yyyy If using any other date format, then write date with month in English letters like 4 Apr, 2019 .
Certified Documents for Assessment
You need certified or notarized copies of all your education and work experience documents for your ANZSCO code‘s assessment.
Notary Required for Salary Slips?
There is no need to get Notary for Salary Slips or Income Tax return documents. Just scan them in color and upload to immiaccount.
You can upload Form 16 or Indian Income Tax ITR for last 3 years scanned in color for Australia PR invite.
Similarly, if you are applying Australia PR from USA, upload last 3 years W2 and last 6 months pay stubs to prove your continuous employment.
Is Notary Required for Police Clearance Certificate?
Notary is NOT required for Police Clearance Certificates but is recommended. Your choice.
Is Notary Needed for English Language Test Result?
If the English language Test result is sent directly to Australia Immigration like in case of PTE exam, there is no need to get the Notary.
If the results are NOT sent directly to Australia Immigration like sometimes in IELTS, you should get Notary for IELTS result.
Is Notary Required for Work Assessment?
If the Assessment report is sent directly to Australia Immigration like in case of ACS Assessment, there is no need to get the Notary.
If the results are NOT sent directly to Australia Immigration, you should get Notary for your work and education assessment report.