Current PERM Processing Time 2019 – Green Card LCA Labor Certification

230 days / 7 month
PERM Reconsideration Cases receipt date01 Nov, 18 17 Dec, 18
4 month 18 days2 month 29 days
01 Nov, 18 - 17 Dec, 18
138 days / 4 month
Updated: 15:01 CST Next Update: 18:01 CST

PERM (first step in US green card process) approval processing timeline are for H1B (EB2, EB3) and L work visas applicants based on their ETA Form 9089 filing with DOL.

USCIS does not process PERM.

PERM labor certification (or LCA) processing time is updated daily using official data from department of labor and average PERM best case processing time is shown using various other user driven tracker (like trackkit) forums online.

File H1B 7th year extension, PERM pending > 365 days

How long does PERM approval process can take in not in your hand but you can file H1B 7th year extension (after completing 6 year quota) with PERM pending > 365 days including Audit time.

Experience letter for PERM – Skill Letter

Use PERM experience letter sample to get skills listed on old employer’s letter head as an employment verification. This may be needed to prove your skills for the job description that is relevant for your PERM application, if your case is selected for PERM Auditing. The letter also explains how to write job description for PERM.

Normally, 30% of PERM applications are selected randomly for Audit.

PERM applied in H1B 6th year. Can H1B be extended?

You cannot apply for H1B 7th year extension unless your PERM gets approved before your 6th year ends if you apply PERM during 6th year. PERM has to be either approved or pending (waiting) for more than 365 days on the last day of H1B 6th year.

As a solution to this problem, attorney’s suggest to re-capture vacation time spent outside USA and extend your 6th year end date.

More PERM questions and reliable answers on TruVisa.com.

PERM Approval Premium Processing

There is no premium processing available for PERM application. i140 application has premium option though. Check current i140 processing time.

PERM processing time - Updated Daily
PERM processing time – Updated Daily

PERM Delays – Contact for Status if Waiting more than 90 days

If your application was filed more than 3 months prior to the date posted (raise SR) above, you may contact DOL Helpdesk for a status on the application at plc.atlanta@dol.gov.

1 2 3 15

1. Hi Anil,
    How do you receive data? Some people shared they got their PWD approval filed on 20 sept. Do you have access to track DOL updates in daily basis?

• Anil Gupta   9 Feb, 19 at 10:04 am

We have already explained how the data is collected in above article.

• I was asking because you said you get info from official data of DOL. I was wondering they are very slow at this moment. My friend got PWD approval on Dec 1st week (filed on mid august). after that two months are already passed and still they showing august. I will be thankful to you give your opinion since you might have official data from DOL

2. Hi Anil,

My PERM was submitted on Nov 15. When should I expect the approval notice.

3. Hi Anil,

My PERM has been applied on 5-OCT-18, my 6 yr H1B expired on 10-DEC-18 but since i has 84 days to recapture which would give me time until 3-MAR-19 , i have applied for h1b extension for these 84 days , so what are my options now.

1.Can i still work until 3-MAR-19 ?, What if i do not get any decision on h1b by 3-mar-19.
    2.What if i get my PERM Approval before H1B (03-mar) i can apply 1-140 premium processing and if i exceed the 3-mar date what should i do ?
    3. I also heard if you do not get any decision on your h1b , you can work for 240 days , is it true (if its true by then i can get my 140 approved and re-file my h1b ?)
    Appreciate your help.
    Let me know if i have any other options.

Thanks.
    Naga.

• Anil Gupta   9 Feb, 19 at 10:01 am

1. How can you work after 3rd Mar when you have only requested for H1B only till 3rd Mar?
      2. The only way you can stay in US after 3rd Mar is when your i140 has been approved and you have filed H1B extension and it is pending with USCIS.
      3. 240 day rule is ONLY applicable if you fulfill other conditions too. In this case, you should have your i140 approved.

• so if i do not get i140 approval by feb last week, do i need to leave US before 3-mar or can i leave after 3-mar , may be after a week say around 5/10 march and can i apply h1b from india with same employer after my i140 is approved or with different employer if my current employer do file for withdrawal of i140 ), and i can only come to us only after my h1b is approved and stamped ?

if i leave before march , can i still work for the same client from india , if they allow me to work remotely until i get my i140 and new h1b extension approved ?

• Anil Gupta   9 Feb, 19 at 10:42 am

I suggest to leave a week before 3rd March.
          You can file H1B extension from India.

You can only enter USA once H1B is approved and visa is stamped.

You won’t be able to transfer to new employer until i140 is approved. Also, I 140 can be withdrawn by old Employer if you do not stay with them for at-least 180 days.

If you are in India, you can work for anyone. US immigration law onky applies when you are inside USA.

• Thanks Anil.

Just trying to understand what’s the point of leaving before 3-mar and after 3-mar would it considered as illegal stay and will it cause issues in applying h1b extension after i140 is approved ?

• Anil Gupta   11 Feb, 19 at 8:12 am

There could be issues in applying H1B extension if you do not leave any gap in 6 year quota.
              Attorneys usually recommend to leave 60 days before 6 year quota completion.

• Hi Anil,

If i go to India and when i get the I140 approved , is my H1B considered as a new case , i mean do i have to wait until april and does it go through the lottery process, please help.

• Anil Gupta   12 Feb, 19 at 3:49 pm

If your employer does not withdraw your i140, then you can use it to apply for non-cap H1b extensions.
              if your employer withdraws i140, then you have to file a NEW H1B application in lottery.

4. Hi Anil,

My PERM got filed on 2nd Oct 2018 and i-797 is expiring on mid mar 2019.
    1. If my PERM is approved by mid Feb, can I apply for 7th year extension based on approved PERM?
    2. Is approved i-140 is the only way to apply 7th year extension if PERM was filed in 6th year?

Thanks a lot
    Babu

• Anil Gupta   9 Feb, 19 at 10:13 am

H1B 7th year extension can be filed only if
      1. I140 is approved OR
      2. PERM is pending for more than 365 days.

If your PERM is approved by mid-February, you can immediately file i140 in premium and then file H1B 7th year extension once it is approved.

5. PermChaser   14 Jan, 19 at 9:51 am

Where do you get the information regarding cases processing times and dates ? icert hasnt been updating for 2-3 weeks.

• Anil Gupta   9 Feb, 19 at 10:04 am

Its collected from various user driven forums where people share their case details voluntarily.

6. Sravan Kumar   14 Jan, 19 at 9:48 am

I see the best case date for perm is October 19. Does this mean some body who filed their perm on October 19 got approved?

• Anil Gupta   9 Feb, 19 at 10:04 am

Yes, that’s correct.

• Sravan Kumar   9 Feb, 19 at 10:14 am

This is really good to hear :). Mine is filed on oct 5 still waiting for the response.

• Anil Gupta   9 Feb, 19 at 10:44 am

All the best.

• The best date yesterday was Oct 19, but today is Oct 14. I’ve seen this happen a few times – could you explain why that change happens? Thanks!!

• Anil Gupta   11 Feb, 19 at 8:15 am

Since this data is user driven, we sometimes find that the approval that they shared had a wrong date or they modified it later after our service tracked it.
              We are working to fix this discrepancy.

7. DolphinBoy   14 Jan, 19 at 9:47 am

My PERM was filed on 2nd Oct 2018 but I haven’t got approval yet.
    Has anyone received approval after getting filed around my timeframe?

• @A@SoanT:disqus … do you have any idea?

• The best case shows as ’17 oct’, so, I think people are getting approval from October dates.

You should also hear on your case soon.

• DolphinBoy   28 Jan, 19 at 8:52 pm

Thank you @SoanT:disqus . Since, its past 90 days, should I reach out to DOL on plc.atlanta@dol.gov? Will this be helpful?

• Anil Gupta   9 Feb, 19 at 10:07 am

The 90 days should have passed from the ‘Raise DR’ date meaning that if your PERM was filed before 1 June, 2018, then you can email them to ask for status update.
            Also, your employer has to email and not you.

8. Vijay Sharma   14 Jan, 19 at 9:47 am

In this site i am seeing PERM Prevailing Wage Determination receipt date is showing from 1 sep – 15 oct and my case went for determination on 14 Nov. Could you please let me know by when i can get the approval for wage determination.

Vijay Sharma

9. Hi Anil,
    My case went for prevailing wage determination on late october. I see they processing PW from sep 1 to october 20. From this timeline, could you please let me know when I can get approval from DOL for prevailing wage determination. Thank you

10. Beka Bakhtadze   14 Jan, 19 at 9:47 am

PERM submitted Sep.20’th, Approved Jan.10’th.

11. Anil Gupta   20 Feb, 19 at 2:53 pm

I cannot comment on what other websites show. You should ask the website contact to know what data they show.

1 2 3 15