Current PERM Processing Time 2019 – PWD, Audit Case

By Anil Gupta - Updated on  23 May, 19

PERM processing time - Updated Daily
PERM processing time - Updated Daily

PERM processing time is 3 months. PWD approval is taking 3 months.

PERM auditing is done for 30% of cases by requesting job advertisement and employer documents. DOl also conducts supervised recruitment to find fraud. Audit cases are taking 6 months for approval.

ATLANTAApproved Case Receipt DateDOL Status Request
7 month 24 days
PERM Reconsideration Cases10 Jan, 19
4 month 5 days
01 Dec, 18
5 month 23 days
Updated: 19:06 CST Next Update: 22:06 CST

PERM is first step in US green card process. PWD and PERM approval are required for H1B (EB2, EB3) and L work visas applicants based on their ETA Form 9089 filing with DOL.

USCIS does not process PERM.

File H1B 7th year extension, PERM pending > 365 days

How long does PERM approval process can take in not in your hand but you can file H1B 7th year extension (after completing 6 year quota) with PERM pending > 365 days including Audit time.

Experience letter for PERM – Skill Letter

Use PERM experience letter sample to get skills listed on old employer’s letter head as an employment verification. This may be needed to prove your skills for the job description that is relevant for your PERM application, if your case is selected for PERM Auditing. The letter also explains how to write job description for PERM.

Normally, 30% of PERM applications are selected randomly for Audit.

PERM in H1B 6th year – Can H1B be extended?

You cannot apply for H1B 7th year extension unless your PERM gets approved before your 6th year ends if you apply PERM during 6th year. PERM has to be either approved or pending (waiting) for more than 365 days on the last day of H1B 6th year.

As a solution to this problem, attorney’s suggest to re-capture vacation time spent outside USA and extend your 6th year end date.

Premium Processing

There is no premium processing available for PERM application. i140 application has premium and can be used to speed up filing 7th year H1B extension if you are near your max out time.

PERM Approval Delayed

If your application was filed more than 3 months prior to the date posted (raise SR) above, you may contact DOL Helpdesk for a status on the application at plc.atlanta@dol.gov.

1. Raps
    Raps

I’m confused by your tracking system. I have an audit case ongoing with a prior date of 11/12/19 and have not heard anything yet. How accurate are your dates shown and updated several times a date. Are they from the current day (real time)? If so, how are updates occurring on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) when the Labor Dept isn’t working?

Hi @Raps

The data is shared by real users on various forums and collected by our service to show on our page.
    It is possible that the user shares wrong date.

Our service tries to verify it with its own verification logic to see if the reported case is correct or not.
    The service is still new and improving. You may see some glitches though. Thanks for your understanding and patience.

3. raki
    raki

Hi Anil
    My H1B visa 6Years max timeout is in October 2019 and my employer has applied for perm on April 1st,2019.

When can I expect the approval?

Once perm gets approved ,My employer is ready to apply for I-140 in premium.

Do you think I can make out without any hassles for the visa extension?
    Thank you.

Hi @raki
    You should be able to get your i140 approved before your H1B max out.

1. PermChaser15
    PermChaser15 1 Mar, 19 at 4:44 pm

@spot_anil_gupta:disqus My perm was filed on 15th October, 2018. I have not heard anything from DOL till date. I emailed my attorney they say it is in process. What should I do??

• PermChaser15
      PermChaser15 1 Mar, 19 at 4:57 pm

@spot_anil_gupta:disqus Also, How should I know that my employer has filled my perm? They have given me a case number starting with Letter “A”, and asked me to sign an application before submitting. Also, when I ask them to forward me the acknowledgement that they would have received from DOL upon submission, they say they do not share it with perm applicant. But they did sent me the screen shot of ETA foreign labor certification page with my case number, date prepared as “10/15/2018” and status as “In Process”.
      I have one more question, Is “date prepared” on ETA foreign labor certification page same as date of filing or in short the priority date ?

As per my estimation you should have received the PERM approval by now. If not, you can get it anytime now.

• PermChaser15
          PermChaser15 1 Mar, 19 at 6:02 pm

@spot_anil_gupta:disqus How about the date prepared shown on the ETA site. Is it same as date of filing thus same as priority date??

• PermChaser15
            PermChaser15 1 Mar, 19 at 6:12 pm

@spot_anil_gupta:disqus Also, one more question, does the case number starting with “A” means that it was submitted at Atlanta, DOL office…??

All PERM applications are processed at Atlanta service center.

• PermChaser15
              PermChaser15 1 Mar, 19 at 6:22 pm

2. RM
    RM 1 Mar, 19 at 6:52 pm

My PERM was filed today and my lawyers website shows that it there are 8 steps in the govt. procedure, while at the same time they said DOL doesnt provide any status updates. Does the DOL send email updates to the lawyer team who filed PERM and if yes can those emails be used to estimate progress of the application?
    Thanks!
    rgds,
    RM

I am not sure if any regular updates are sent to employer for PERM.

3. ipoddave
    ipoddave 1 Mar, 19 at 3:29 pm

My PERM was filed in Oct 18, but it was audited in Jan 19. My lawyer submitted the audit review in Feb 19. The current status on your website and icert indicate audit is being processed to the month in July 18. Is the audit date counted from the original filing date or the audit submission date? What timeframe do I expect the approval on this? Thanks.

You can count the Audit date from the first PERM case file date.

You an expect your PERM approval by April 2019 third week.

4. Atul Jha
    Atul Jha 1 Mar, 19 at 9:36 am

Hi Anil ,

My prevailing wage determination has filled on 30 Jan 2019 by when I will expect the approval on this .
    Atul Jha

You can expect your prevailing wage determination result by May 2019 end.

5. SHRI
    SHRI 28 Feb, 19 at 7:16 pm

Hi Anil
    I still have 1.5 yrs left in my h1b for maxout from now..i hav filed my current amen+extension in premium processing last week and it went to rfe…considering the response time from my employer it will tske arounx 90 more days to reply to uscis..so i will get results by may mid so it will be 1.3yrs left on h1 do u really think this time is sufficient to find new employer and file perm and get i140 approved before my max out time in Aug2020..pls advice

New employer may not start your GC process immediately on your joining but if they do, 1.3 years should be fine if employers files all applications quickly.

6. Leigh Gates
    Leigh Gates 28 Feb, 19 at 3:42 pm

Hi Anil
    My PERM case was filed 5th October, can you tell me when I can expect to be certified?

Your PERM should get approval anytime.

Are you sure it is PERM case and not PWD?

• Leigh Gates
        Leigh Gates 28 Feb, 19 at 4:42 pm

My lawyer refers to it as PERM, we have already been through the whole PWD, we are just waiting for the final approval before we can submit forms to USCIS

Ok..then, it is PERM. Your application should have been approved by now as per my estimate.
          You can expect approval anytime.

• Leigh Gates
            Leigh Gates 28 Feb, 19 at 6:48 pm

Ok thanks Anil

7. Subhash
    Subhash 28 Feb, 19 at 2:06 pm

My PERM case has been certified and waiting for approval copy. my i 797 is expiring on 10th Apr but I-94 is valid till 20th Apr. I will be filling I-140 and will have to wait for approval. My question to you is are we supposed to file extension before I-797 expiry date or I-94 date? Can you please confirm.

You can file H1b extension before i94 expiry date and you should be good.

• Kumar
        Kumar 28 Feb, 19 at 5:34 pm

I was in same situation and my attorney told I 797 date is the date that governs H1B visa. Which means he has to file H1B by 10th April.

Thanks for sharing. I appreciate it.

8. John
    John 28 Feb, 19 at 10:05 am

Hi anil.
    When can i get my pwd if it was filed october 3rd to 4th week? Thanks

You can expect your PERM PWD approval my March 2019 3rd week.

9. Perm Status
    Perm Status 28 Feb, 19 at 8:11 am

In icert portal, if the PERM Case number is mentioned as Approved / Certified. Then, we can proceed for I-140 Filing correct.

Your employer will receive the official confirmation from DOL and a copy of approval. You need this PERM approval copy to file i140 application.

10. Kalyan
    Kalyan 27 Feb, 19 at 4:27 pm

Hi Anil, My perm file on Dec 17th when i should expect approval?

You can expect your PERM approval by April 2019 second week.

• Kalyan