Current PERM Processing Time 2019 – Green Card LCA Labor Certification

230 days / 7 month
PERM Reconsideration Cases receipt date01 Nov, 18 17 Dec, 18
4 month 18 days2 month 29 days
01 Nov, 18 - 17 Dec, 18
138 days / 4 month
Updated: 13:54 CST Next Update: 16:54 CST

PERM (first step in US green card process) approval processing timeline are for H1B (EB2, EB3) and L work visas applicants based on their ETA Form 9089 filing with DOL.

USCIS does not process PERM.

PERM labor certification (or LCA) processing time is updated daily using official data from department of labor and average PERM best case processing time is shown using various other user driven tracker (like trackkit) forums online.

File H1B 7th year extension, PERM pending > 365 days

How long does PERM approval process can take in not in your hand but you can file H1B 7th year extension (after completing 6 year quota) with PERM pending > 365 days including Audit time.

Experience letter for PERM – Skill Letter

Use PERM experience letter sample to get skills listed on old employer’s letter head as an employment verification. This may be needed to prove your skills for the job description that is relevant for your PERM application, if your case is selected for PERM Auditing. The letter also explains how to write job description for PERM.

Normally, 30% of PERM applications are selected randomly for Audit.

PERM applied in H1B 6th year. Can H1B be extended?

You cannot apply for H1B 7th year extension unless your PERM gets approved before your 6th year ends if you apply PERM during 6th year. PERM has to be either approved or pending (waiting) for more than 365 days on the last day of H1B 6th year.

As a solution to this problem, attorney’s suggest to re-capture vacation time spent outside USA and extend your 6th year end date.

More PERM questions and reliable answers on TruVisa.com.

PERM Approval Premium Processing

There is no premium processing available for PERM application. i140 application has premium option though. Check current i140 processing time.

PERM processing time - Updated Daily
PERM processing time – Updated Daily

PERM Delays – Contact for Status if Waiting more than 90 days

If your application was filed more than 3 months prior to the date posted (raise SR) above, you may contact DOL Helpdesk for a status on the application at plc.atlanta@dol.gov.

1 10 11 12 13 14 15

1. Vijay Sharma   9 Mar, 19 at 4:11 pm

My PWD is filed on 8th Nov 2018 and i have H1 Max out around 2nd week on Oct 2019. Do you think i can reset my status and get PERM and I 140 approved before Max out date.

Also can you update me when can i get my PWD approval?

2. vinothkumar narasiman   8 Mar, 19 at 6:40 pm

Whether PERM filed on Dec 18 is processed today?Because yesterday the earliest day was Nov 30 and surprised to see it moved 18 days.

• Anil Gupta   8 Mar, 19 at 9:08 pm

You can expect your PERM approval anytime now if your date is Dec 18, 2018.

3. Hello, My PERM was filed in November second 2018. I have not heard anything from the DOL till now. I am wondering if this means the DOL wants to audit the case?

• Anil Gupta   8 Mar, 19 at 5:23 pm

It does not mean anything unless DOL explicitly send information about your PERM audit to your employer.

4. Hi Anil,
    My PERM was filed on Sept 12. Got audit and response submitted on 4th Jan. When can I expect a decision? Thank you.

• Hi sahoo ,
      when you checked your case internal ID on DOL site , the files showing empty or filled?.
      I did checked on some sites when you case get audited the file will be filled. could you please check your case internal ID and share your feedback.

• Anil Gupta   8 Mar, 19 at 5:23 pm

You can expect your PERM audit approval by April 2019 end.

5. Anil, pwd was filed october last week. When can i possibly get it? Thank you.

6. I just came to know that my Perm got approved. But my H1B visa is getting max out by April 10th 2019. Could you please let me know whether I can apply I-140 in premium now along with my extension or I cannot because in some site I read that to file I-140 as premium should have visa atleast 60 days validity is that correct.

Or I can file I-140 normally and file my H1B extension.

7. PermChecker   4 Mar, 19 at 12:24 pm

PERM filed on Nov. 15, but have not heard anything yet. When should I expect an answer? Have you seen any change in the processing trend lately?

8. Hi Anil, My PD date is Sept 28,2018 and have not heard any response yet. Checked with employer and no response received yet. The only way to ask is ask if 90 days more than month posted on icert and that month is in oct from past two months . I have to wait till jan shows up on icert to ask. what are my options and Should i consider my case is audited ?. Thanks in advance

9. hi, My PD is 6th Nov, uptill now there is nothing from my our employer attorney. I am checking some other sites and it looks like some people have got receipt after my date too, my question is if there is some order in which application is picked or its random and I am one on the unlucky one?

• Anil Gupta   3 Mar, 19 at 8:00 pm

Applications are processed in the order in which they are received. But, sometimes some applications may take more time as the case officer may be taking time to verify some of the paperwork.

It is normal. No need to worry. You will get approval soon.

10. Hello,

Any suggestion is appreciated.

My PERM application was submitted on October 12th.

The PERM was Denied on the grounds saying my company did not respond to the questionnaire and there was no audit issued. My company on the other hand said they did reply to the the questionnaire and it might be a glitch on DOL’s side.

I am confused. Attorney says re-appealing takes 4 years. And the only option is to re-apply for the application again.

Is there anyone here who has applied for a “motion to reconsider” or ” reconsideration”? If so, what was the process and wait time?

• Anil Gupta   3 Mar, 19 at 2:34 pm

Motion to reconsider is a long and painful process.
      Your attorney is right and the better option os to apply a new PERM application.

1 10 11 12 13 14 15