Current PERM Processing Time 2019 – PWD, Audit Case

By Anil Gupta - Updated on  23 May, 19

PERM processing time - Updated Daily
PERM processing time - Updated Daily

PERM processing time is 3 months. PWD approval is taking 3 months.

PERM auditing is done for 30% of cases by requesting job advertisement and employer documents. DOl also conducts supervised recruitment to find fraud. Audit cases are taking 6 months for approval.

ATLANTAApproved Case Receipt DateDOL Status Request
7 month 24 days
PERM Reconsideration Cases10 Jan, 19
4 month 5 days
01 Dec, 18
5 month 23 days
Updated: 19:02 CST Next Update: 22:02 CST

PERM is first step in US green card process. PWD and PERM approval are required for H1B (EB2, EB3) and L work visas applicants based on their ETA Form 9089 filing with DOL.

USCIS does not process PERM.

File H1B 7th year extension, PERM pending > 365 days

How long does PERM approval process can take in not in your hand but you can file H1B 7th year extension (after completing 6 year quota) with PERM pending > 365 days including Audit time.

Experience letter for PERM – Skill Letter

Use PERM experience letter sample to get skills listed on old employer’s letter head as an employment verification. This may be needed to prove your skills for the job description that is relevant for your PERM application, if your case is selected for PERM Auditing. The letter also explains how to write job description for PERM.

Normally, 30% of PERM applications are selected randomly for Audit.

PERM in H1B 6th year – Can H1B be extended?

You cannot apply for H1B 7th year extension unless your PERM gets approved before your 6th year ends if you apply PERM during 6th year. PERM has to be either approved or pending (waiting) for more than 365 days on the last day of H1B 6th year.

As a solution to this problem, attorney’s suggest to re-capture vacation time spent outside USA and extend your 6th year end date.

Premium Processing

There is no premium processing available for PERM application. i140 application has premium and can be used to speed up filing 7th year H1B extension if you are near your max out time.

PERM Approval Delayed

If your application was filed more than 3 months prior to the date posted (raise SR) above, you may contact DOL Helpdesk for a status on the application at plc.atlanta@dol.gov.

1. Raps
    Raps

I’m confused by your tracking system. I have an audit case ongoing with a prior date of 11/12/19 and have not heard anything yet. How accurate are your dates shown and updated several times a date. Are they from the current day (real time)? If so, how are updates occurring on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) when the Labor Dept isn’t working?

Hi @Raps

The data is shared by real users on various forums and collected by our service to show on our page.
    It is possible that the user shares wrong date.

Our service tries to verify it with its own verification logic to see if the reported case is correct or not.
    The service is still new and improving. You may see some glitches though. Thanks for your understanding and patience.

3. raki
    raki

Hi Anil
    My H1B visa 6Years max timeout is in October 2019 and my employer has applied for perm on April 1st,2019.

When can I expect the approval?

Once perm gets approved ,My employer is ready to apply for I-140 in premium.

Do you think I can make out without any hassles for the visa extension?
    Thank you.

Hi @raki
    You should be able to get your i140 approved before your H1B max out.

1. Radha
    Radha 24 Feb, 19 at 4:54 pm

Hi anil

My PWD was filed on DEC 11 th 2018 , When do you think it’ll be certified ?

You can expect your PERM PWD approval by March 2019 end.

2. Manoj Garikina
    Manoj Garikina 24 Feb, 19 at 12:01 pm

My H1b will be maxing out in Jun 2019, After couple of PWD re-determinations, finally i got PWD this week.
    Attorney says they will take another 2 months to file the PERM. What are options now?

Should i go back to India immediately after PERM filing ?
    how many days before should i leave?
    If i go back to India, how long can i stay in India before coming back to USA?
    What happens if PERM and I140 approval takes more than year?

Thank you for helping!!

It is recommended to leave 60 days in your H1B max out time to avoid issues later.

You can currently recapture your vacation time spent outside USA to push your H1B max date.

You can stay in India as long as you want. It is your choice.

You can come back to US once your H1 extension is approved.
      You can file
      H1B one year extention with PERM pending
      Or
      H1B three year extention with i140 approved

• Manoj Garikina
        Manoj Garikina 24 Feb, 19 at 8:21 pm

Say if my PERM is filed on April 1st 2019 and i move out of USA on May 1st(Maxout Jun 30th including all vacations).
        I will be eligible to apply for 7th year extension on April 2nd 2020.

Do we need to file for the extension after April 2nd 2020 or can we file for extension in Jan 2020 (since the extensions process are taking 3 -4 months)?

Also do my Job Titles in PERM and H1B extension application needs to be same?

You can file H1B extension on or after April 2, 2020 with pending PERM (if any).
          PERM is for future job and the job title can be different for H1B.

3. Vamsi Krishna Maringanti
    Vamsi Krishna Maringanti 23 Feb, 19 at 11:05 pm

Hi Anil, my PERM was filed on 06, November 2018? When can I expect the result?

You can get your PERM approval anytime now.

4. Bz2Us
    Bz2Us 22 Feb, 19 at 12:14 pm

Hi Anill, I have a question again: I saw today the Best Case Approval floating between 10 Aug and 18 Aug, changing many times today. What’s happening?

The background service keeps deleting the bad records as it tries to verify the real status. This is done to show you the most correct date. Sometimes users just add bad information and try to SPAM the system.

I will check too if there is anything really wrong or not.
      Thanks for information.

5. Sadhana
    Sadhana 22 Feb, 19 at 9:20 am

Hi Anil, Appreciate all your good work!
    My H1B is expiring in September 2019 and my company has just started my PERM process. My 6 years expires in January 2020. Meanwhile my company is suggesting I do a COS with H4 EAD (spouse has approved I140) and then convert back to H1 (apply CAP exempt) when PERM is approved. I understand H4 EAD is at risk and that’s fine as long as I will be able to convert back to H1 after PERM approval. Is this possible? Can my company initiate a CAP exempt H1 after PERM approval?

Your company can file a cap exempt H1B anytime for your case including after PERM approval.

6. Subhash
    Subhash 21 Feb, 19 at 1:49 pm

I seems that Icert is being updated everyday since 15th of this month? Is that true, did they change their process of updating once a month?

I am not sure about the process change. Have not seen anything un-usual.

7. Harish
    Harish 21 Feb, 19 at 10:11 am

Hi Anil, the information given on permchecker website is real data?? As I do not see my PERM being certified but the case number before and after me are shown certified. Please can you clarity. My PERM was filed on Nov 20th 2018. Please do also let me know the estimation of PERM certification.

I cannot comment on what data is shown on other websites. You should ask their contact person for that site.

You can expect your PERM approval by March 20, 2019

• Harish
        Harish 21 Feb, 19 at 2:20 pm

Thanks for the info Anil.

8. Brandon Melvin
    Brandon Melvin 21 Feb, 19 at 10:11 am

Can you please help me with these?

1)My PWD was filed on OCT 5th. When do you think I’ll get a result?
    2)Also, my current visa expires FEB 2020, I797 approved until FEB 2020, but my 6 years don’t expire until OCT 2020, is there any way to extend my my visa and I797 until OCT 2020?
    3) In both scenarios, visa expiring in FEB 2020 or OCT 2020, do you think I have enough time to have PERM, I140 approved or I485 filed?

• mike
      mike 21 Feb, 19 at 11:46 am

Did you recieve your pwd?

• Brandon Melvin
        Brandon Melvin 21 Feb, 19 at 1:05 pm

No I have not.

You can expect to receive your PERM PWD approval anytime now.

You can file for H1B extension to fill the gap between Feb 2020 to your H1B max out date i.e. Oct 2020.

I think you have enough time for PERM and i140 approval before Oct 2020. Don’t worry. You will not miss the bus.

9. Swati sinha
    Swati sinha 20 Feb, 19 at 6:44 pm

Hi Anil, Can PERM will be reject due to disease like diabetics,thyroid or any other?

I am not aware of any such rule. Did you submit any medical report with your PERM application?
      I have never heard of it before.

Medical checkups are done only when you are filing for i485 Green card application.

• Swati sinha
        Swati sinha 20 Feb, 19 at 7:57 pm

No, waiting for approval.just want to check.

10. Harish
    Harish 20 Feb, 19 at 10:48 am

Is the information mentioned given on permchecker real data. As I do not see my PERM being certified but the case number before and after me are shown certified. Please can you clarity. My PERM was filed on Nov 20th 2018. Please do also let me know the estimation of PERM certification.