Get Delhi University Transcript in Sealed Envelope

By Anil Gupta - Updated on  23 May, 19

Delhi University Sealed Envelope Transcript for visa
Delhi University Sealed Envelope Transcript for visa

Documents for DU Sealed Transcript – Sealed

1. Copy of ALL mark-sheets that you are requesting TRANSCRIPT for.
  2. Your course Syllabus i.e. subjects that you studied. You can find subjects written on the back side of your mark-sheet.
    DU has posted subjects online for many courses but not all at Syllabus.
  3. University Enrollment Number or normally called Roll Number.

Related: How to get IP University Transcript in Sealed Envelope

You can get DU Transcript in sealed envelope by post (Postal Mail) or by In-person application submission at DU North or South Campus.

There is no option to apply Delhi University Transcript online.

Send DU Transcripts Directly to WES Canada

You can send DU transcripts directly to WES Canada by mailing from DU campus Post office within pin code 110007 (Delhi).

DU Transcript Processing Time

DU transcript process takes minimum of 10 working days excluding Gazetted holidays, Saturday and Sunday.

Fees

If applying from IndiaIf Applying from outside India
Upto 6 yearsINR 1000USD 100
More than 6 yearsINR 1500USD 150
Per Additional copyINR 100 eachUSD 10 Each (Includes Postal charges)

Source: Fees

Transcript Application Form

Source: DU Transcript Form

DU Application Process

#1 Download and fill the Transcripts form

You can use an extra paper sheet if your number of paper and titles do not fit within the space provided in Point 6.

Requestor’s OWN signature are required on application form.

Get all mark-sheets and degree photocopied. No notary needed. Write Syllabus on a piece of paper with hand or get it typed.

#2 Pay fees on DU website
You will need to register on this DU website to make a payment online. Once registered, Go to Useful Links (upper right side of the website) > Students > Miscellaneous Online Fee Payment.

You may need the Delhi University Enrollment Number to make the payment online.

Enrollment number is different than ‘Roll Number’ and can be found on top of your Delhi University degree. I have shared the sample DU degree and mark sheets at the bottom of this article. Check there to spot the enrollment number.

After making payment, download and print the payment receipt.

You can also pay fees in CASH if you are applying in-person at the university payment counter. Get the receipt.

#3A If applying by Postal mail

1. Get an envelope and add all photocopies, payment receipt. Write DU address on this envelope.
  2. Get second envelope, write your OWN address on top.
  3. Keep second RETURN envelope inside FIRST envelope.
  4. We recommend to use INDIA POST’s SPEEDPOST or registered post and stamps for sending and RETURN envelopes.

#3B If applying in-person
Keep all documents in single envelope and submit at university counter.

DU SOUTH CAMPUS Address

Section officer,
Examination Branch – III,
North Delhi Campus,
University of Delhi,
New Delhi – 110007

Sample DU Sealed Transcript

The transcripts are taped and signed by university official to make tamper proof. You should NOT OPEN it yourself.
Wherever you need to submit it, you have to submit it as it is. Most people need it either for applying to universities in USA or immigration to Canada, Australia and other countries.

Delhi University Sealed Envelope Transcript for visa
Delhi University Sealed Envelope Transcript for visa

Sample DU Degree, Mark Sheet

1. florencemaddox
    florencemaddox 21 Feb, 19 at 2:20 pm

Why do we need an attested copy of Degree certificate? and that too be sent along with transcripts?

When I login to my WES account it says I can send the degree photocopy directly to WES & does not mention anything related to attestation.

I am not aware of WES’s specific document requirements. Hence, cannot comment on it.

2. Rohit
    Rohit 20 Feb, 19 at 12:22 am

I have submitted the form and payment receipt to get transcript in sealed envelope on 11th Jan. But till date, I didn’t receive my transcripts.
    Please tell me to whom I can contact or chase them.

I don’t think there is any DU official contact number available to find the processing status. If I knew one, i would have shared it in above article.
      Is anybody there in Delhi from your family or friends who can go and ask status in person?

• Radhika Gambhir
        Radhika Gambhir 21 Feb, 19 at 4:24 am

Hi
        you can contact on this number : 011-27001021 to check the status.

3. Puja
    Puja 18 Feb, 19 at 5:58 pm

I already have transcripts but want more copies of it. And some of them delivered directly to the universities. How can we go about this?

What do you mean by ‘delivered directly to university’?
      If you want more copies of transcripts, you have to pay fees and apply the same way that you applied the first time.

4. Bharti Chaudhary
    Bharti Chaudhary 10 Feb, 19 at 12:25 pm

My wes status is on hold as they say degree was not sent to WES from transcripts i got from du. Do i need to follow same transcript procedure again or there is a different process for Degree verification? Please let me know. Thanks.

The process is same for all documents that you need from DU.
      As per my information, you can take the copy of your Degree and get the DU stamp on it. Then, send it to WES from DU post office.
      I have written about how to send DU Transcripts directly to WES Canada here.

• Bharti Chaudhary
        Bharti Chaudhary 11 Feb, 19 at 8:10 am

Thank you Anil. I have already [aid online money for transcripts. Should i follow the same process and ask them to specifically attest my degree and add it in the transcripts this time?

I don’t think DU has any process to send degree copy. So, if you request for transcripts, they will send only the transcripts again.

What i have heard is that you have to carry the copy of Degree and ask them to keep it in the same envelope as transcript, seal it and then send it to WES.

• Bharti Chaudhary
            Bharti Chaudhary 12 Feb, 19 at 12:28 pm

Thank you So much Anil.

• Bharti Chaudhary
            Bharti Chaudhary 15 Feb, 19 at 7:26 am

Anil, also i wanted to know, how can i send the transcripts from du to wes after the new change. I went to north campus India post speed and they said they dont deliver it

• Pankaj Mohan Sharma
        Pankaj Mohan Sharma 16 Feb, 19 at 6:18 am

It would be great if you can reply to me. I have all the mark-sheets + Grad Degree certificate. I did my grad from Open school. Will it be the same North campus for Canadian PR? I am sending my docs to IQAS for edu verification and not WES, do I need to give my IQAS form to the university guys so that it can be put into the envelope? And last question, will I get separate envelopes for mark-sheets and degree?

How much is the expense? My apologies, if some of these are repeated ones. Please let me know.

WES Canada and IQAS document requirement might vary. What does IQAS require? Do they want you to send the Transcripts directly from Delhi University?

• Pankaj Mohan Sharma
            Pankaj Mohan Sharma 16 Feb, 19 at 10:26 pm

No, I can send it myself… I am coordinating with Symbiosis as well for my MBA docs + DU documents. I will make one packet and send it across to IQAS. Unlike WES, it is mandatory to send the IQAS application form (which I downloaded after making required payments). I have a reference number (like WES) from IQAS. That’s why I asked the question about inserting the form in DU packet. If you dont mind, can we connect on phone please? Please let me know. I am based out of Bangalore and travelling to Delhi only for this purpose as I’ve realised things might not work/ get delayed simply over the phone.

If IQAS does not require a direct mail from university, then you can just collect the sealed packet from DU and keep it in a bigger outer enveloper with your Symbiosis sealed packet and mail them.

I do not provide consulting on phone at this time. Sorry.

• Pankaj Mohan Sharma
      Pankaj Mohan Sharma 17 Feb, 19 at 10:29 pm

Hi Bharti… can you please let me know what did you do resolve this? Should I got for both degree as well as transcript? Will really appreciate your response.

• Bharti Chaudhary
        Bharti Chaudhary 18 Feb, 19 at 9:37 am

Hi Pankaj, follow the transcript process and degree attestification separately. For degree verification follow this ljnk – http://app.du.ac.in/degree_attest_certificate/index.php/site/index. Upload your docs it takes approx 7 days and once they have verified your degree they will email you that you can collect it from Perth campus gates 1

5. Ritu Aggarwal
    Ritu Aggarwal 5 Feb, 19 at 2:36 pm

HI Guys, PFA the notice at DU counter. Hope this helps.

• vinamra
      vinamra 9 Feb, 19 at 10:01 am

Ritu, asking since you might have done the process yourself. Do you know if that cost INR 1000 or USD 100? I mean since we have to post it ourselves from DU Post Office, does it make any difference we obtain verified transcript by paying INR 1000 or USD 100? Request your help / advise.

• Ritu Aggarwal
        Ritu Aggarwal 9 Feb, 19 at 10:11 am

They are giving transcripts in the same way they were giving earlier, charges also are the same. When you go to collect the transcript, they are asking to courier it by yourself. So, basically, you aren’t paying anything extra to them other than the basic transcript charges. Speed post courier from their post office is Rs.1400 which you will give to the post office.

• Heemank Verma
          Heemank Verma 9 Feb, 19 at 10:27 am

Hello Ritu, thanks for sharing this important info. request if you can confirm the address where you went to collect these transcript?
          Is it the university office or the college?

Transcripts should be collected from University and not college.
            Address is mentioned above.

• vinamra
          vinamra 9 Feb, 19 at 10:41 am

Very helpful, thanks a ton Ritu!

• Ritu Aggarwal
          Ritu Aggarwal 9 Feb, 19 at 10:42 am

If anyone has old transcripts ( i mean if you already have the transcripts) please take them to the DU and they are willing to open it and insert the degree certificate in it and seal it again right then and there and you can go courier it.
          That was my case.

• Kuldeep Ahuja
            Kuldeep Ahuja 9 Feb, 19 at 2:10 pm

I have transcript only. So i need to request for degree certificate first and after receiving the same i have to request them for put it single envelope or i can put both in a new single envelope and go for post from DU ?

• vinamra
              vinamra 10 Feb, 19 at 12:25 pm

What is meant by degree certificate? Isn’t it simply a photocopy of degree (we already have) which is “attested” by DU? Or there is a separate degree certificate which we need to obtain from DU separately, if yes, how/where do we get that?

• Ritu Aggarwal
              Ritu Aggarwal 10 Feb, 19 at 12:25 pm

This is happening on the same day. They can put it right in front of you. And you can send.

Thanks Ritu for helping out with more detailed information. I sincerely appreciate it.

• RR
              RR 11 Feb, 19 at 1:49 pm

This is very helpful. Does anyone know if DU will mail it if i send them a prepaid envelope addressed to WES using DHL, fedex or international speed post service?

No, DU will NOT mail. Someone has to mail it in person from DU campus.

• Bharti Chaudhary
            Bharti Chaudhary 10 Feb, 19 at 12:25 pm

Hi They missed my degree certificate too , but wes asked me to send the degree again from university, My old transcripts arent with me, do i need to follow the step again?

I think you can just mail the copy of your degree from Delhi University Campus post office after getting DU stamp on the envelope.

• Richa Chaturvedi
            Richa Chaturvedi 23 Mar, 19 at 9:47 am

Hi Ritu. Thank you for sharing this info. This notice which you shared and WES Canada website says that it will not accept transcripts sent by colleges. I’m from Miranda House (North campus) and I already have sealed transcripts from college . What shall I do in this case? Shall I courier them as it is or will the University office change it in some manner?

Another question: WES Canada says that degree is to be sent by the candidate and transcripts by the University. Shall I send the degree in a separate envelope or get it added in the transcripts envelope like happened in your case?

Thanks a lot for sharing. I will add it in above article with your name.

• Bharti Chaudhary
      Bharti Chaudhary 15 Feb, 19 at 7:26 am

Hi Ritu, Where is this post office next to pg men’s hostel? is it north campus university?Also, i have to send my degree form du to wes. They have emailed me that i can collect my degree attestation from du north campus, now i have to send it to wes. Can you tell me the next process please.

6. Kuldeep Ahuja
    Kuldeep Ahuja 5 Feb, 19 at 2:36 pm

Hi, Anyone here who has requested transcript from Maharishi dayanand university (MDU) rohtak and send directly to WES via MDU address or followed any other procedure.

I know my question not relevant here in DU discussion trail .Please redirect my post to concerned discussion group.

Many thanks

Hi Kuldeep,
      If the MDU university does not have the option of sending transcripts directly to WES, then you should follow the same process as DU has defined i.e. get transcripts in person from MDU and then post them directly from Post office located within campus or same PIN CODE directly to WES.

7. Ishmeet
    Ishmeet 28 Jan, 19 at 8:52 pm

With WES process change , how to get DU send the documents directly to WES. Shall i pay Rs. 1500 or $150 for the transcript fees to DU.
    Do I need to send a return envelope to DU with the WES,CANADA address and reference number.

You have to pay in USD and give WES address directly.
      Yes, please include a WES addressed return envelope too as there is no clear guidance from DU if they will use their return envelope or not in case of outside India delivery.

• Ishmeet
        Ishmeet 9 Feb, 19 at 10:12 am

In online payment it doesn’t give any option to select outside india for transcripts . If you check India it by default for payment of RS1500 . I couldn’t find the option on how to pay fees in USD online as there is no option to select other than India.

Ok. .after talking to many people, the only option to pay in USD is to get a DD made by the bank (SBI or ICICI) inside the DU campus using that day’s exchange rate.

Then, this DD and application form can be submitted.

There is no other option that is available at this time that I could find.

I will check and reply on how to work out payments if applying from outside India in a day.

• Abhishek
            Abhishek 10 Feb, 19 at 12:27 pm

Can’t we collect transcript envelope from DU in person and then courier to WES our self?

Yes, you can and that seems to be an option for many people.
              But, WES Canada has clearly mentioned that if they find it out that someone else i.e. other than DU including third party consultant or any friend or relative has mailed the trasncript to WES, then can reject it straigthaway.

So, its a risk that may or may not pay off.

8. RR
    RR 28 Jan, 19 at 8:51 pm

Do you have any update on the process for transcripts verification for those residing abroad? Making a personal visit to DU at this time is not possible as I am out of India.

The only option i could find was to have someone (in person) submit the fees (in USD converted to INR at ICICI bank inside DU campus to make sure you pay the correct conversion rate.
      Submit the application with DD and mark the address as WES address directly on the envelope.
      DU will then post it directly to WES.

9. Harsh
    Harsh 28 Jan, 19 at 8:51 pm

Now one needs to go to gate 1 of du north campus controller of examinations. Room number 9. I just came from there. They will ask you then to collect the sealed envelope and send it from po of du.

Thanks Harsh for sharing the information.

• CA Sajjan Tamrakar
      CA Sajjan Tamrakar 9 Feb, 19 at 10:01 am

Even after we sent the transcript and degree from po of DU to WES, will Wes send the mail to DU for the verification???

Yes, if you send the documents directly to WES. WES has changed the requirement and has made it mandatory to directly get transcripts mailed from DU to WES.
        If you do not do it, they will send verification request to DU which will again cost your USD 200.

• CA Sajjan Tamrakar
          CA Sajjan Tamrakar 9 Feb, 19 at 10:11 am

Yesterday, I gave my application to DU,along with other required docs for my official transcript . They have called me on 13feb to come and take the transcript. If i send the DU sealed envelop (with WES form,original transcript n photo copy of my degree certificate to WES through DU post office, will they send verification request??? TIA

The chances are very low for verification request if you send it directly to WES from DU post office.

• SSingh
            SSingh 9 Feb, 19 at 10:13 am

Did they agreed to add a normal photocopy of your degree to the transcripts envelope or did you applied for degree verification separately?

• CA Sajjan Tamrakar
              CA Sajjan Tamrakar 9 Feb, 19 at 10:42 am

I havent applied for degree verification separately. I think we need only our transcript to be sent directly from DU. A simply photocopy of degree can be sent from our own side.. not required to be sent through DU.. thts wat i understood

10. Bhalinder
    Bhalinder 28 Jan, 19 at 8:51 pm

Harsh, can u please provide your contact number, need some information urgently. Thanks 🙂