Offsite Facilitation Center (OFC) is set up by US embassy to enable faster processing of visa applications by taking your fingerprints and visa photograph before your US visa interview.
This process of giving fingerprints is known as ‘Biometric’ and you need an appointment to visit the OFC center.
Documents required for OFC appointment
- Original Passport (All old/expired passports should also be carried)
- Appointment Confirmation Page – Printed Hard Copy is mandatory. They won’t let you enter if you do NOT have hard copy with you. This is strictly enforced in India, at-least.
- DS-160 confirmation Page – Printed Hard Copy is mandatory. They won’t let you enter if you do NOT have hard copy with you. This is strictly enforced in India, at-least.
OFC Fingerprinting and Visa Photo process
- There is no visa interview done at OFC center. You will just be asked to show your passport, DS-160 and appointment confirmation.
- Once you are in ODC, you will wait for your turn to be called.
- Once you are called, your all 10 fingers are scanned (fingerprints). This is also known as ten printing.
- Your photo for Visa is clicked by OFC center executives. No need to carry your visa photos with you.
- Once done, you can leave the OFC center and then visit US embassy to appear for your visa interview on scheduled appointment date.
- After the visa interview at US consulate, you will have to visit the same OFC center again to collect your passport irrespective of visa is approved or not.
You may be eligible for visa interview waiver and can use DropBox facility. In that case, just drop your documents in the dropbox and wait for your visa approval confirmation.
You will need your DS-160 printed form again to collect passport.
Note that this happens in a separate visit to OFC center.
OFC Appointment Fees
There is no separate fees for OFC appointment. The visa fees that you pay for US visa interview includes the OFC Bio-metrics fees too.
The OFC appointment is scheduled along with your visa interview appointment. The only thing to keep in mind is that the OFC appointment should happen before your visa interview.
What to expect at OFC center?
- Security: You are NOT allowed to take any bag, mobile or anything else with you inside the office.
- The OFC process is simple and mostly managed by third party consulting companies.
You can expect to see people from your own country at OFC center who can speak your local language, in case you need help with something.
Facility is managed by local company and you won't find/see anybody from the US embassy there.
All individuals entering the facility are thoroughly checked and scanned.
Your visa interview is NOT carried out at OFC center. You have to visit US embassy separately for Visa interview process.