Australia SkillSelect EOI Sample for 189, 190, 489 PR

Sample Australia SkillSelect EOI step by step procedure for 189, 190. Update Expression of Interest anytime after submission to update points for next draw.

By Anil Gupta          Updated  24 Oct, 19

What is Australia SkillSelect EOI

An expression of interest (EOI) is an application method of showing your interest in applying for a skilled visa for immigrating to Australia.

EOI is an online application form that needs to be filled by applicant using an Australian government website commonly called as SkillSelect .
You select the visa type and submit your family, education, employment details and wait for the invitation to finally apply for visa.

SkillSelect analyzes your eligibility to meet the points test for certain visas like 189, 190 and 489.

Documents Required for Australia EOI

You need these mandatory documents to create and submit EOI for the first time:

1. Education and Work Experience Assessment
  2. English-Language Test Report

Other PR documents like Police clearance reports can be arranged later after filing EOI.

Sample Australia SkillSelect EOI – Step by Step Process

Open link in new window.

Do I need to File 190 PR EOI Separately?

You can select all 189 and 190 PR option in same EOI. There is no need to file separate 190 EOI in state website.

Once you select 190, system gives you option to select the specific state. At this time, you can only select either one state or all. There is no option of selecting multiple states in SkillSelect.

Example:

If you are only interested in NSW (New south wales), then you can select only NSW. All other states will not even look at your EOI for invitation.

If you select all states, your profile and points will be visible to all Australia states and they can invite you.

Note that 190 visa has the condition of staying for at-least 2 years in the state after getting PR.

State Pre-Invite

States do not follow any monthly process of sending invites. 190 invite, which is normally called a pre-invite can be sent anytime.

States usually send invite to people with highest points in their ANZSCO code. It is also important to get the highest English language score to improve your chances for 190 visa invite.

Is Pre-Invite Same as 190 Invite?

State’s pre-invite is not same as 190 visa invite.

Once a state sends an invite, you may have to pay a nomination evaluation fees. As an example, NSW charges AUD $300 to evaluate your documents and then nominate you for 190 visa.

Ore-invite by state does not guarantee a 190 invite.

Victoria is notorious to reject high number of pre-invited applications after evaluating the candidate documents. NSW is more reliable and has high percentage of nomination approval if your documentary proof is reliable.

189 and 190 Visa Invite

189 invites are sent monthly at this time on 10th midnight after the automated computer draw.

190 invite is followed by the state’s approval of your nomination after the pre-invite.

Your EOI can only get 1 invite at a time.

If you have received 190 invite, your EOI is taken off the 189 visa pool and will not be considered for the next draw if you have accepted the 190 invite.

Create separate EOI for each State

SkillSelect system allows you to create as many EOIs as you want.

People usually create one EOI for 189 visa and then separate ones for each state they are interested to live in.

Filing multiple EOIs allows you to have other EOI available for selection even when one of them has received an invite.

EOI Date of Effect Change

EOI date of effect changes if your points change.

Examples

• If you have improved your English Language score and now updated EOI to get more points.
  • You left your current employment date empty, the EOI updates automatically to add more work experience points.
  • If your age reaches next point slab, the EOI will update itself to reduce your points.

Is ACS assessment Required for filing EOI?

ACS assessment is required before you file your EOI. You need the English language test score report to submit your EOI.

Australia Forms

1. Nishant_Kumar
    Nishant_Kumar

Hi, I have filed an EOI for software engineer 2613 with 80 points effective 03-May-2019. Looks like I didn’t get invited in May round. Can I expect by next month or should I explore 190 option as well.

Point break up: 20 English, rest experience and spouse points.

2. turboracer
    turboracer

@Anil.Gupta he is European Citizen and he also holds British passport

Hi @viru

There is no fixed time for state’s 190 invite but you have good chances of invite within 2-3 months.

4. Bharat_Makwana
    Bharat_Makwana

hi sir
    i calculate my points,i got 65 points and 5 point spouse added.
    total 70 points.
    PTE i got 65 each.
    i am from Telecommunication branch.which is in AUS Occupation ID 2633.
    is there any chance for invitation in 189,190 or 489???
    my Qualification BE(Electronics & Communication)
    spouse qualification is BE(Computer Eng)
    i have 9 years experience in telecom field.
    My age:- 33 years.

i checked last year all moths cut off but seems very high but in month November moderate.

what i do now ?
    pls help me sir.

5. viru
    viru

HI… I have applied for 190 visa NSW with 80 points as Mechanical engineer. I have updated my EOI in April-2019. How much time will required to get an EOI ?

1. Garry
    Garry 12 Mar, 19 at 4:38 am

For subclass 189 do we need to file different EoI for different states?

Anil Gupta 12 Mar, 19 at 11:45 am

You can choose the states that you want your profile to be available for in the same skillselect EOI.
      Check the sample EOI given above. It shows the states that are available for selection.

• Garry
        Garry 12 Mar, 19 at 10:23 pm

Thanks for your reply Anil. I have few friends who filed EOI per state for 190 (even without a sponsorship yet) and separate for 189. I have two questions:
        1. Will it harm my chances if I file one EOI selecting “Any” state for 189
        2. Can we file separate EOI for 190 even if we don’t have state sponsorship. How exactly does this work?

Thanks again for your time

Anil Gupta 13 Mar, 19 at 9:12 am

Expression of interest is only an application to send your profile to the pool of applications that are considered in the 189 PR draw. You can also choose to make your profile visible to states (190 PR) and they can send you nomination if they have demand for your job in their state and you have sufficient points.

You can choose as many states as you want. It does not affect chances of selection in other category like 189.

2. Nick
    Nick 11 Mar, 19 at 10:39 pm

I am waiting for my ACS report. Not sure when I will get the same.
    Do I need to wait for ACS report to raise EOI, If I am sure about my points from experience and educational qualification?
    If the points I claim when I put EOI matches with the ACS report which I will receive later only, it should be fine right?
    Or is it mandatory that you need to have have ACS done before raising EOI.

Thanks.

You need to provide the ACS report number in your EOI. This is shown in the sample Australia EOI given above.

3. MT
    MT 11 Mar, 19 at 2:29 am

I have submitted EOI 189 with 70 Points for 263111 on 20th Sept 2018. Any idea when can we expect the Invite?

Anil Gupta 11 Mar, 19 at 8:05 am

As per my estimate, you should have received invite in Mar 11, 2019 draw. Did you get it or not?
      If not, expect an invite in April 2019 draw.

4. Prabha Vathi
    Prabha Vathi 9 Mar, 19 at 9:30 pm

Dear Anil,

I have submitted EOI with 70 points for sub class 190 and with 75 points for sub class 489 .

ANZCO CODE IS 212415 (technical writer).

what are the chances of getting qualified in EOI? Are there any chances at all?? PLease help in providing these details.

Prabha

You can expect invite within 2-3 months for ANZSCO CODE IS 212415 (technical writer) with 70 points.

• Prabha Vathi
        Prabha Vathi 10 Mar, 19 at 9:26 pm

Thanks Anil! I’ll wait for the best.

5. Rashid
    Rashid 9 Mar, 19 at 8:14 am

What are chances of getting 190 visa invite with 65 points (without state spons) from NSW under 261312

Anil Gupta 9 Mar, 19 at 9:23 am

No chances of invite with 65 points from NSW for 261312.

6. FouadFazaa
    FouadFazaa 6 Mar, 19 at 8:07 am

I have 8 score in all ielts bands, i am 26 years old and hold a bachelor degree in architecture, but i only have 1 year experience outside Australia. Right now im waiting for my assessment to come out, if its positive, can i still apply for EOI if i have 65 points but got 0 points in work experience?

Anil Gupta 6 Mar, 19 at 9:46 am

You can apply EOI if you have 65 points.

7. Sulochana
    Sulochana 5 Mar, 19 at 11:21 am

What are chances of getting an invite for 70 points? Will it take more than a year? (261313)

The waiting time is 7-8 months for 261313 with 70 points to get an invite at this time. You can expect invite in Nov 2019 draw if your file your EOI today.

8. Mohammed Ali
    Mohammed Ali 5 Mar, 19 at 4:04 am

I was talking to my consultancy and they mentioned that the draw for Feb 11 did not happen, in view of this update, I am worried about my EOI with a score 75 for 2613 job code, whether I stand a chance in next draw, the reason for the worry is that my ACS is going to expire in June.

Can you please provide your opinion .

Anil Gupta 5 Mar, 19 at 8:11 am

You can expect an invitation within 2-3 months after filing EOI with 75 points for 2613 job code.
      Don’t worry. You will get invite in March 2019.

• Mohammed Ali
        Mohammed Ali 5 Mar, 19 at 8:43 am

Thank you Anil.

I would like to mention, had reached 75 points on 19 Feb 2019 but my EOI was in the system for a while now.

So, taking that into consideration, do you still assume that I can expect an invite in march 2019 or as mentioned it may take the last updated date of the EOI and could further delay.

Anil Gupta 5 Mar, 19 at 8:44 am

If you reached 75 points on 19 Feb, 2019, then 19 Feb, 2019 will be considered for your profile.

• Mohammed Ali
            Mohammed Ali 5 Mar, 19 at 8:54 am

Thanks for confirming. In this case, the chance of an invite in march low Anil?

Anil Gupta 5 Mar, 19 at 8:55 am

The chance is still very good for an invite in March with 75 points.

9. sree
    sree 3 Mar, 19 at 5:38 am

Hey, could you please help me with this question. I was submitting my EOI yesterday and came across with my education qualification, my bachelors degree is in civil engineering and masters in construction management does both of this comes under Masters n bachelors Degree in Science, Business or Technology OR master’s degree n bachelors degree ( others).

Anil Gupta 3 Mar, 19 at 11:45 am

You are best judge of what you have studied based on the subjects in your course.
      By the name of the degree, it seems that it should be part of master’s degree n bachelors degree ( others).

10. JOHNY XAVIER
    JOHNY XAVIER 1 Mar, 19 at 11:40 pm

Hai, I got the pre invitation from victoria and I applied for the nomination. How long is the waiting period , is their any chances to get invited before 12 weeks ? What all documents I should keep ready during this process.?

Anil Gupta 2 Mar, 19 at 12:09 am

Victoria is notorious for long waiting times for sending nominations. You can collect the Australia PR documents for invitation in the mean time.

• JOHNY XAVIER
        JOHNY XAVIER 6 Mar, 19 at 1:33 am

Thank you Anil, Is it advisable to collect PCC and medical before nomination (190)?

Anil Gupta 6 Mar, 19 at 9:26 am

You can apply for PCC and medical if you think you think Victoria will process your nomination quickly.
          PCC and Medical are valid only for 12 months.
          Use your best judgement.