This article will discuss:
Spouse IELTS Requirement
You need to provide proof of functional English for your spouse even if you are not claiming spouse skillselect points. For claiming spouse points, the minimum English test score should be ‘competent’.
Australia PR needs English-language functional proof for each dependent 18 years or older at the time of submitting 189 or 190 visa invitation.
You can also upload IELTS or PTE test result to your lodged application after paying fees and submitting the application.
English Test Validity for Spouse
Spouse PTE or IELTS is considered valid for 12 months. The test report should not have expired on the date of submitting your application and paying fees.
The validity date is not locked on the date invitation but on the date of submitting your final PR application.
Spouse Proof of Functional English
You can prove spouse’s English functional ability by uploading any one document’s color or certified copy to immiaccount:
- Valid passport issued by the UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand or the Republic of Ireland and you are a citizen of that country OR
- English Test score (IELTS, PTE, Toefl, CAE or OET) taken in last 12 months OR
- Certificate from school and college – studied Grade 12, College (3 year course) in English OR
- Certificate from College – studied College (4 year course) in English OR
- Adult Migrant English Program service provider in Australia assessment of functional English OR
- Study in Australia – at least one year of full-time or equivalent part-time study towards a degree, higher degree, diploma, or associate diploma at an institution or institutions where all the instruction was conducted in English.
Attach the proof as shown in the image below. You can give as many proofs as you like.
PTE Score for Spouse Visa
PTE score for Spouse visa is 30.
Australia PR spouse IELTS (General or Academic) requirement is to get 4.5 in listening, writing, reading and speaking.
Spouse Proof of English Request by Case Officer
The Australia immigration case officer will contact you to upload spouse’s English language if you have not done already. You will get 28 days to upload the functional English test proof.
This can potentially delay your application by at-least 30 to 40 days.
Additional Documents Upload Link Not Available
Additional documents link may not be visible or available if you have NOT submitted (lodged) the application in immiaccount. Attach option only shows up after paying fees and submitting the application.
Once your application is submitted, you can attach more documents by going to the same document attach-screen.
Spouse Has No Functional English Proof?
If you do not have dependent applicant’s Functional English proof, then you will have to pay the second installment of the visa application charge.
This second installment fees will have to be paid before your Australia Visa PR application can be approved. Australia Immigration case officer will contact you to make the payment.