Australia SkillSelect EOI for 189, 190, 489 Visa – Sample

Anil Gupta  19 Mar, 19      77  Australia Forms

What is Australia SkillSelect EOI

An expression of interest (EOI) is a method of showing your interest in applying for a skilled visa for immigrating to Australia.

It is an online application form that needs to be filled by applicant using an Australian government website commonly called as SkillSelect .
You select the visa type and submit your family, education, employment details and wait for the invitation to finally apply for visa.

SkillSelect analyzes your eligibility to meet the points test for certain visas like 189, 190 and 489.

Once you submit your application (EOI), it is available to be picked up in visa lottery that is drawn every month.
Your profile is also shared with employers and state and territory government agencies if you would like to be considered for a sponsored skilled visa.

Create SkillSelect online profile here.

Sample Australia SkillSelect EOI – Step by Step Process

Use this sample step by step Australia Expression Of Interest to fill your application.

If you have questions, you can either ask in comments below or join the discussion on TruVisa with other candidates looking to migrate to Australia.

Australia SkillSelect EOI Points Calculator

Here is the Points calculator. It provides suggestions to improve your score based on your inputs:

Before you file your SkillSelect EOI, you should get your education and employment assessed by relevant authority based on your job.
ACS assessment process is available here.

Sample Australia SkillSelect EOI
Sample Australia SkillSelect EOI

Start the discussion at forum.am22tech.com

Old Comments

1 2 3

1. Hi Anil,

For subclass 189 do we need to file different EoI for different states?

• You can choose the states that you want your profile to be available for in the same skillselect EOI.
      Check the sample EOI given above. It shows the states that are available for selection.

• Thanks for your reply Anil. I have few friends who filed EOI per state for 190 (even without a sponsorship yet) and separate for 189. I have two questions:
        1. Will it harm my chances if I file one EOI selecting “Any” state for 189
        2. Can we file separate EOI for 190 even if we don’t have state sponsorship. How exactly does this work?

Thanks again for your time

• Anil Gupta   13 Mar, 19 at 9:12 am

Expression of interest is only an application to send your profile to the pool of applications that are considered in the 189 PR draw. You can also choose to make your profile visible to states (190 PR) and they can send you nomination if they have demand for your job in their state and you have sufficient points.

You can choose as many states as you want. It does not affect chances of selection in other category like 189.

2. Hi Anil,

I am waiting for my ACS report. Not sure when I will get the same.
    Do I need to wait for ACS report to raise EOI, If I am sure about my points from experience and educational qualification?
    If the points I claim when I put EOI matches with the ACS report which I will receive later only, it should be fine right?
    Or is it mandatory that you need to have have ACS done before raising EOI.

Thanks.

• You need to provide the ACS report number in your EOI. This is shown in the sample Australia EOI given above.

3. I have submitted EOI 189 with 70 Points for 263111 on 20th Sept 2018. Any idea when can we expect the Invite?

• Anil Gupta   11 Mar, 19 at 8:05 am

As per my estimate, you should have received invite in Mar 11, 2019 draw. Did you get it or not?
      If not, expect an invite in April 2019 draw.

4. Prabha Vathi   9 Mar, 19 at 9:30 pm

Dear Anil,

I have submitted EOI with 70 points for sub class 190 and with 75 points for sub class 489 .

ANZCO CODE IS 212415 (technical writer).

what are the chances of getting qualified in EOI? Are there any chances at all?? PLease help in providing these details.

Prabha

• Anil Gupta   10 Mar, 19 at 9:14 pm

You can expect invite within 2-3 months for ANZSCO CODE IS 212415 (technical writer) with 70 points.

5. Hi Anil,
    What are chances of getting 190 visa invite with 65 points (without state spons) from NSW under 261312

6. FouadFazaa   6 Mar, 19 at 8:07 am

I have 8 score in all ielts bands, i am 26 years old and hold a bachelor degree in architecture, but i only have 1 year experience outside Australia. Right now im waiting for my assessment to come out, if its positive, can i still apply for EOI if i have 65 points but got 0 points in work experience?

7. Hi Anil,

What are chances of getting an invite for 70 points? Will it take more than a year? (261313)

• Anil Gupta   5 Mar, 19 at 2:18 pm

The waiting time is 7-8 months for 261313 with 70 points to get an invite at this time. You can expect invite in Nov 2019 draw if your file your EOI today.

8. Mohammed Ali   5 Mar, 19 at 4:04 am

I was talking to my consultancy and they mentioned that the draw for Feb 11 did not happen, in view of this update, I am worried about my EOI with a score 75 for 2613 job code, whether I stand a chance in next draw, the reason for the worry is that my ACS is going to expire in June.

Can you please provide your opinion .

• Anil Gupta   5 Mar, 19 at 8:11 am

You can expect an invitation within 2-3 months after filing EOI with 75 points for 2613 job code.
      Don’t worry. You will get invite in March 2019.

• Mohammed Ali   5 Mar, 19 at 8:43 am

Thank you Anil.

I would like to mention, had reached 75 points on 19 Feb 2019 but my EOI was in the system for a while now.

So, taking that into consideration, do you still assume that I can expect an invite in march 2019 or as mentioned it may take the last updated date of the EOI and could further delay.

• Anil Gupta   5 Mar, 19 at 8:44 am

If you reached 75 points on 19 Feb, 2019, then 19 Feb, 2019 will be considered for your profile.

• Mohammed Ali   5 Mar, 19 at 8:54 am

Thanks for confirming. In this case, the chance of an invite in march low Anil?

• Anil Gupta   5 Mar, 19 at 8:55 am

The chance is still very good for an invite in March with 75 points.

9. Hey, could you please help me with this question. I was submitting my EOI yesterday and came across with my education qualification, my bachelors degree is in civil engineering and masters in construction management does both of this comes under Masters n bachelors Degree in Science, Business or Technology OR master’s degree n bachelors degree ( others).

• Anil Gupta   3 Mar, 19 at 11:45 am

You are best judge of what you have studied based on the subjects in your course.
      By the name of the degree, it seems that it should be part of master’s degree n bachelors degree ( others).

10. JOHNY XAVIER   1 Mar, 19 at 11:40 pm

Hai, I got the pre invitation from victoria and I applied for the nomination. How long is the waiting period , is their any chances to get invited before 12 weeks ? What all documents I should keep ready during this process.?

• Anil Gupta   2 Mar, 19 at 12:09 am

Victoria is notorious for long waiting times for sending nominations. You can collect the Australia PR documents for invitation in the mean time.

• JOHNY XAVIER   6 Mar, 19 at 1:33 am

Thank you Anil, Is it advisable to collect PCC and medical before nomination (190)?

• Anil Gupta   6 Mar, 19 at 9:26 am

You can apply for PCC and medical if you think you think Victoria will process your nomination quickly.
          PCC and Medical are valid only for 12 months.
          Use your best judgement.