Australia PR 189, 190 Visa Documents, Steps, Form 80, 1221

Written by Anil Gupta
  By Anil Gupta - Updated on  17 May, 19

Australia PR documents for 189 190 Visa
Australia PR documents for 189 190 Visa

Documents for Australia PR – Primary Applicant

#1 Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)

Police clearance certificate is required from all countries that you have lived in the past 10 years for more than 12 months. If you have made multiple short trips and they all add up to 12 months, you should get a PCC.

Apply for USA FBI clearance certificate online or with third party agents. You will need US state police clearance as well if you lived for at-least months in a state in last 12 months. Process for Texas State PCC and California State PCC is simple and can be done online.

Apply Indian PCC with Indian Embassy by postal mail or in-person. Get Indian PCC from Indian Passport office if you are residing in India.

Police certificates are valid for 12 months from the issue date for Australia PR. PCC does not need notary.


#2 English language Test Report

You need to upload the copy of your test result in your immiaccount. Notary is recommended but not required.

Tips for scoring 79+ in PTE in first attempt with a week of preparation.


#3 Skill assessment letter

Skill assessment letter is required to prove your education and work experience points claim in EOI. Notary is required for skill assessment letter.

How to file ACS (Australian Computer society) assessment.


#4 Medical Test Report

Get your Australia PR health examination done from approved physicians. Medical tests like TB, HIV/ AIDS are required.

You can generate the HAP ID from Australia ImmiAccount website once you have paid the visa fees.

You can get your medical tests done even before getting an invitation and is recommended by Australia DIBP themselves. How to Generate HAP ID for medical before visa invitation or paying fees.

#5 Passport

Passport first and last page color copy. Passport color copies should be notarized.


#6 Age proof

Notarized Birth Certificate or Passport is required.

If you do not have the birth certificate, then you should get it. In the case of India, you can use the 10th standard certificate/mark-sheet in the absence of birth certificate.


#7 Skill Letter from past 10 years employment

Use the one you submitted as educational qualification proof with ACS or relevant accessing authority. Notary certification is required for skill letters.


#8 Income tax Proofs (last 3 year)

  • If you are in the USA, you can submit W2 or your tax returns.
  • If you are in India, you can submit form 16 or ITRs.
  • For Singapore or Pakistan or Bangladesh etc., submit the income tax documents that prove you paid government income taxes


#9 Passport size Photo (45mm x 35mm)

How to scan and photo specification


#10 Marriage Certificate

Notarized marriage certificate is required only if you are married.


#11 Qualifying Degree 

  1. Notarized Mark-sheets or Transcript. Sealed transcripts are not required.
  2. Notarized Degree certificate.

You can use the same notarized copies you may have submitted as educational qualification proof with ACS or relevant accessing authority.


#12 Form 80 

Use this sample Form 80 for Australia 189 / 190 Visa to fill your residence and travel details.

Open Sample form 80 in new window.


#13 Form 1221

The information in form 1221 is 99% same as you would have filled in Form 80.

Form 1221 may or may not be requested in your 189 skillselect invitation. Hence, fill it only if requested by the Case Officer (CO).

Some people upload it without even being asked by CO, just to make sure no time is lost between CO requesting it and then you upload and CO takes time to verify. It is your choice.

As per the official Australian guidance here, Form 80 is not mandatory either if you are applying from outside Australia. But, as a matter of saving time, you should be ready with it if CO asks for it.


#15 Payslips

Salary slips or pay stubs are not required.

You can submit the pay slips for the period from the Assessment report date to current date if you are claiming work experience points this period. You will also need to submit the current employment letter to cover the gap between assessment report and today.

This employment letter can be a simple letter stating you are currently employed with the company.

Payslips do not need notary.

Source: Applicant Documents


Documents for Spouse

  1. Passport – first and last page color scan
  2. Birth Certificate
  3. Spouse Proof of functional English. If you are claiming Spouse Points, then spouse needs Competent English score.
  4. Work assessment Report – required only if you you are claiming spouse points.
  5. Police Clearance certificate
    • See PCC requirements above. Spouse also needs PCC from all countries and state as given in primary applicant requirement.
  6. Form 80
  7. Form 1221
  8. Photo – passport size

Source: Dependent documents

Documents for Child

  1. Passport – first and last page color scan
  2. Birth Certificate
  3. Photo – passport size
  4. Form 1229

Source: Australia Documents for Child

We track current processing times for 189 and 190 visa here. Check current Australia 189 PR fees.


SkillSelect Status after Invitation

Once your EOI is selected in the lottery (draw), the status in skillselect will change to INVITED. A new button APPLY VISA will appear on the skillSelect page.

SkillSelect Invited 190 visa
SkillSelect Invited 190 visa

You need to click ‘Apply Visa‘ to go to Australia ImmiAccount website, create an account here and fill your details. Visa fees can be paid on this website itself.


PDF Upload Size

Each document size PDF file after scanning should be less than 5 MB. Each applicant can upload 60 separate documents i.e. 60 for you, 60 for spouse, 60 for child.

Comments are closed. Ask question on Forum (we answer in 1-24 hour)

  380 Useful Questions & Answers

  1. Dbm Pkg
    Dbm Pkg 18 Oct, 18 at 4:39 am

    Was you able to generate the HAP ID Before submitting application?

    • Anil Gupta
      Anil Gupta 18 Oct, 18 at 7:35 am

      Yes, you can generate. Use this guide to generate HAP ID before submission:

      • Dbm Pkg
        Dbm Pkg 18 Oct, 18 at 9:42 am

        I’ve got Invitation for 190 visa and almost finish my application.

        • Anil Gupta
          Anil Gupta 18 Oct, 18 at 9:59 am

          You can’t do it for 190 visa specifically. You can either choose 189 here or go for health check after submitting your 190 application.

          There is no option to choose 190 visa here on the screen you have shown.
          Health check ups are same and should be valid for both 189 and 190.

  2. Dbm Pkg
    Dbm Pkg 15 Oct, 18 at 6:08 am

    Hello! Should I attach a certified copy and translations of docs? How does a officer understand language of original docs? Thank you!

    • Anil Gupta
      Anil Gupta 15 Oct, 18 at 7:40 am

      You have to attach certified copy of original and translation duly stamped (certified) too.

  3. Bikram
    Bikram 11 Oct, 18 at 8:15 pm

    Hi Anil, thanks for the above post. I have one question. If I have applied for 190 visa application, and if I get invitation for 189 visa, can I also apply for 189 visa application. If so, which bridging visa will I be on?

    Also, for instance, 190 visa is granted to me, but on the other side, 189 visa is being assessed and for some reasons, it is rejected, will i lose visa 190?
    I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

    • Anil Gupta
      Anil Gupta 11 Oct, 18 at 8:40 pm

      I think you can only get one visa at a time. So, if you apply for both and both get approved, you can only use one of them.

  4. Anil Gupta
    Anil Gupta 10 Oct, 18 at 6:48 am

    You need to first find your ‘assessment pathway’ here based on your degree:

    And then, choose the service.
    For Spouse, only ‘Relevant Skills assessment’ is required. But, if the assessment company is not offering it separately, then you have to go with CDR+Relevant skills assessment option.

    Does that help?

    • Naveen
      Naveen 10 Oct, 18 at 10:16 pm

      Hi, Thanks for the reply. I think that clarifies my doubt. I see that Engineers Australia doesn’t offer only skills assessment, so should go with CDR+Relevant skills assessment option.

      • Anil Gupta
        Anil Gupta 10 Oct, 18 at 11:55 pm

        Yes, that’s correct.

  5. Naveen
    Naveen 8 Oct, 18 at 10:53 pm

    Hi Anil, I would like to know if I need to apply for CDR & skilled employment assessment or only skilled employment assessment when claiming for partner skills. We both are structural engineers in India.

    • Anil Gupta
      Anil Gupta 9 Oct, 18 at 12:05 pm

      Not sure what you mean by CDR.
      You need to apply for ACS assessment for spouse too if you want to claim spouse points.

  6. Mithun Ivalkar
    Mithun Ivalkar 1 Oct, 18 at 11:48 pm

    Hello, firstly I would like to thank you for putting up such a detailed documentation to help us out. The content is extremely helpful. I was reading this in line with the ACS guideline. I’m having work experience in India (one company) and in Singapore (two companies in total). Could you share details on what documentation and their respective content (perhaps a sample similar to Form 80) that I will need to put together. Looking forward to hear from you. Thanks in advance!

  7. Sunil Jha
    Sunil Jha 24 Sep, 18 at 2:27 pm

    please suggest

  8. Sunil Jha
    Sunil Jha 24 Sep, 18 at 2:26 pm

    Hi , I have total 65 point without PTE, can I apply by myself or consultant is necessary

    • Anil Gupta
      Anil Gupta 24 Sep, 18 at 3:03 pm

      Hi Sunil,
      Not sure what can Consultant do with 65 points that can get you invitation?

      Consultant can only fill your forms and do nothing else.
      The points are given based on your education, English score and other factors. If you follow the above article, you can do everything yourself.

      Have you given any English exam? You said ‘without PTE’. Does that mean you have not given English test or you have score from IELTS or other?

      I think that one can file the PR application on their own and save consultant fees. It is up-to you if you want to engage a consultant or not.

  9. V J
    V J 20 Sep, 18 at 7:59 pm

    Hello, regarding PCC, are you sure in case of NRI’s or expats staying abroad, Indian emabssy in residing country is the place to get PCC? I’m curious since Police authority will have record of any criminal activities and not the Indian embassy, if so why they have given Indian embassy PCC? Thanks in advance

    • Anil Gupta
      Anil Gupta 21 Sep, 18 at 6:45 am

      Your curiosity is correct.
      When you apply for PCC from Indian embassy, the internally send the request to local Indian Passport office and passport office verifies it with your Indian address’s local police station. Once Indian embassy receives your positive report from Indian passport office, they issue PCC to you.

      You can either visit India and apply for PCC from passport office yourself or if you want it while you are abroad, Indian embassy is the only option.

      • V J
        V J 21 Sep, 18 at 6:45 pm

        That makes sense, thanks for the quick response. Cheers !!

  10. Christopher Reid
    Christopher Reid 5 Jun, 18 at 4:54 am

    Under what section in immiaccount do we upload our passport photo? Is it under “evidence of character”, “travel”, or something else? I don’t see “passport sized photo” listed on the 189 document checklist.

    • Anil Gupta
      Anil Gupta 5 Jun, 18 at 6:24 am

      Check this:
      You should see ‘other documents’ link on top right corner.
      Click it and choose ‘photograph’.

      Let me know if this helps.

  11. Anil Gupta
    Anil Gupta 1 Mar, 19 at 8:41 am

    It all depends on the documents and if their verification can be completed without any follow ups. If your documents seem authentic then case officer may not feel the need of verifying and may issue grant quickly.

  12. Sonam Aggarwal
    Sonam Aggarwal 5 Mar, 19 at 9:08 pm


    We have applied on 75 points
    20- Study
    20- PTE 8 Band
    5- Spouse point


  13. Anil Gupta
    Anil Gupta 5 Mar, 19 at 9:00 pm

    You have not mentioned your PR points.

    Please provide full information while asking your question to help me answer to-the-point. It will save both your and my time.

  14. Anil Gupta
    Anil Gupta 6 Mar, 19 at 8:46 am

    You can expect invite in either March 2019 or April 2019 Draw.

  15. Anil Gupta
    Anil Gupta 6 Mar, 19 at 4:27 pm

    Draw happens every month on 11th day.

Ask on forum - Get Answer in 1-24 hours