Australia PR 189, 190 Visa Documents, Steps, Form 80, 1221

By Anil Gupta - Updated on  17 May, 19

Australia PR documents for 189 190 Visa
Australia PR documents for 189 190 Visa

Documents for Australia PR – Primary Applicant

#1 Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)

Police clearance certificate is required from all countries that you have lived in the past 10 years for more than 12 months. If you have made multiple short trips and they all add up to 12 months, you should get a PCC.

Apply for USA FBI clearance certificate online or with third party agents. You will need US state police clearance as well if you lived for at-least months in a state in last 12 months. Process for Texas State PCC and California State PCC is simple and can be done online.

Apply Indian PCC with Indian Embassy by postal mail or in-person. Get Indian PCC from Indian Passport office if you are residing in India.

Police certificates are valid for 12 months from the issue date for Australia PR. PCC does not need notary.

#2 English language Test Report

You need to upload the copy of your test result in your immiaccount. Notary is recommended but not required.

Tips for scoring 79+ in PTE in first attempt with a week of preparation.

#3 Skill assessment letter

Skill assessment letter is required to prove your education and work experience points claim in EOI. Notary is required for skill assessment letter.

How to file ACS (Australian Computer society) assessment.

#4 Medical Test Report

Get your Australia PR health examination done from approved physicians. Medical tests like TB, HIV/ AIDS are required.

You can generate the HAP ID from Australia ImmiAccount website once you have paid the visa fees.

You can get your medical tests done even before getting an invitation and is recommended by Australia DIBP themselves. How to Generate HAP ID for medical before visa invitation or paying fees.

#5 Passport

Passport first and last page color copy. Passport color copies should be notarized.

#6 Age proof

Notarized Birth Certificate or Passport is required.

If you do not have the birth certificate, then you should get it. In the case of India, you can use the 10th standard certificate/mark-sheet in the absence of birth certificate.

#7 Skill Letter from past 10 years employment

Use the one you submitted as educational qualification proof with ACS or relevant accessing authority. Notary certification is required for skill letters.

#8 Income tax Proofs (last 3 year)

• If you are in the USA, you can submit W2 or your tax returns.
  • If you are in India, you can submit form 16 or ITRs.
  • For Singapore or Pakistan or Bangladesh etc., submit the income tax documents that prove you paid government income taxes

#9 Passport size Photo (45mm x 35mm)

How to scan and photo specification

#10 Marriage Certificate

Notarized marriage certificate is required only if you are married.

#11 Qualifying Degree

1. Notarized Mark-sheets or Transcript. Sealed transcripts are not required.
  2. Notarized Degree certificate.

You can use the same notarized copies you may have submitted as educational qualification proof with ACS or relevant accessing authority.

#12 Form 80

Use this sample Form 80 for Australia 189 / 190 Visa to fill your residence and travel details.

Open Sample form 80 in new window.

#13 Form 1221

The information in form 1221 is 99% same as you would have filled in Form 80.

Form 1221 may or may not be requested in your 189 skillselect invitation. Hence, fill it only if requested by the Case Officer (CO).

Some people upload it without even being asked by CO, just to make sure no time is lost between CO requesting it and then you upload and CO takes time to verify. It is your choice.

As per the official Australian guidance here, Form 80 is not mandatory either if you are applying from outside Australia. But, as a matter of saving time, you should be ready with it if CO asks for it.

#15 Payslips

Salary slips or pay stubs are not required.

You can submit the pay slips for the period from the Assessment report date to current date if you are claiming work experience points this period. You will also need to submit the current employment letter to cover the gap between assessment report and today.

This employment letter can be a simple letter stating you are currently employed with the company.

Payslips do not need notary.

Source: Applicant Documents

Documents for Spouse

1. Passport – first and last page color scan
  2. Birth Certificate
  3. Spouse Proof of functional English. If you are claiming Spouse Points, then spouse needs Competent English score.
  4. Work assessment Report – required only if you you are claiming spouse points.
  5. Police Clearance certificate
    • See PCC requirements above. Spouse also needs PCC from all countries and state as given in primary applicant requirement.
  6. Form 80
  7. Form 1221
  8. Photo – passport size

Source: Dependent documents

Documents for Child

1. Passport – first and last page color scan
  2. Birth Certificate
  3. Photo – passport size
  4. Form 1229

Source: Australia Documents for Child

We track current processing times for 189 and 190 visa here. Check current Australia 189 PR fees.

SkillSelect Status after Invitation

Once your EOI is selected in the lottery (draw), the status in skillselect will change to INVITED. A new button APPLY VISA will appear on the skillSelect page.

SkillSelect Invited 190 visa
SkillSelect Invited 190 visa

You need to click ‘Apply Visa‘ to go to Australia ImmiAccount website, create an account here and fill your details. Visa fees can be paid on this website itself.

PDF Upload Size

Each document size PDF file after scanning should be less than 5 MB. Each applicant can upload 60 separate documents i.e. 60 for you, 60 for spouse, 60 for child.

1. krish
    krish 21 Feb, 19 at 11:19 am

Please ignore the below post. My Actual question is as below,

Overall my score is 70 and have applied EOI in Dec-2018 for 2613 – Software and Application Programmers.
    When can I expect the invite and should I attempt for 75 score?
    Can you please suggest?

Krish

You can expect the invite for 2613 – Software and Application Programmers with 70 points by July 2019.
      You will get invite within 1-2 months if you can raise your points to 75.

2. Mona
    Mona 17 Feb, 19 at 8:48 pm

My husband is planning to apply for 189 visa and I have three questions please:
    1) To gain the partner 5 points, there are 3 conditions listed, language, age and skill assessment. Should I fulfill these three conditions to gain the 5 points?
    2) It is mentioned that “the partner’s nominated skilled occupation must be on the same skilled occupations list as your nominated skilled occupation”, does that mean that my skill occupation should be listed under the 189 visa occupation list as my husband’s?
    3) Is there any additional fees my husband should pay in order to add me to his application?

3. gagan
    gagan 16 Feb, 19 at 7:37 pm

Hi
    1)–I have got invitation for 190 visa. i want to have my health examination before I lodge my visa. But I cant see 190 visa option in ‘My health Declaration’ in immiaccount . Could u please advise how can I do my health declaration for 190 visa before lodging visa application?
    2)-I am originally from India but living in Australia from last 3.5 years, what will be my usual country of residence?
    3)-My partner hasn’t got his name mentioned on his birth certificate. Can we attach class 12 certificate? Just attaching class 12 certificate is enough or we have to give reason as well for not attaching birth certificate?
    4)-In order to prove our relationship, I want to attach some photos. What is the best way to attach photos like upload each photo individually or what? Also, How many photos should I attach?
    5)-What documents i need to attach for evidence of my husband being ‘Member of family unit’? Will it be same documents that I am attaching to show our relationship?
    Please reply asap. I will be really thankful to you.

4. Darren Mascarenhas
    Darren Mascarenhas 16 Feb, 19 at 8:55 pm

I have lodged an EOI on the 7/02/19 for the occupation – Systems Analyst for visa 189.

I currently sit on 70 points with highest points in age and english score.

How long would I expect to wait before an invitation comes along? It is a guarantee that the invitation will come at some point?

Chances of invite for Systems Analyst are very low with 70 points at this time.

The waiting period could be more than 9-10 months with 70 points for systems analyst ANZSCO code 261112.

5. vikrant rana
    vikrant rana 14 Feb, 19 at 1:28 pm

Is it going to effect my profile that Salary date in my account is different each month. in some months I was paid more than monthly salary because some time company was not able to pay salary for full months as I am working in a firm which is financially not so sound.

If your employment was genuine and other paperwork is fine, I do not see an issue.

• vikrant rana
        vikrant rana 14 Feb, 19 at 1:29 pm

6. Naveen
    Naveen 9 Feb, 19 at 10:27 am

Hi Anil, I made a mistake in Form 80 of my wife. Instead of selecting Female I ticked Male for the gender. Can you please suggest me how to correct this?

Have you already submitted your application?
      if yes, then, you can upload another corrected form 80 for your spouse.

• Naveen
        Naveen 10 Feb, 19 at 12:25 pm

Thank you for the reply. I have already submitted the application.
        Will upload the corrected form 80 then..

7. Viv
    Viv 9 Feb, 19 at 10:27 am

Hello Anil, Im half way through the process of applying Australia PR.The problem is I didnt file Tax for the financial yr 2016-2017 since ive crossed the time limit its impossible to do now. But ive done for 2017-18.Is it mandatory that v have to submit our form 60 or ITR to prove or experience? IS there any other way i could rectify this?

You can file your ITR anytime. There is no ‘Impossibility’ as I know unless you have some other reason to not file. You can file your ITR now for whatever year you have missed.

It is recommended to file last 3 years ITR or Form 16 to show that you have paid income taxes legally.

8. Amarjeet
    Amarjeet 9 Feb, 19 at 10:27 am

I hope you are doing well. I have a similar query, is it mandatory to submit income tax documents during the PR process to show proof of employment (assessing authority VETASSES)? Will salary slips, appointment letters with salary breakup, experience certificates, relieving letters, salary increment letters not suffice? I have all of these except the income tax documents. Your advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Did you not file Income tax returns when you earned salary? You must have been earning more than minimum income in India.

Income tax documents are not mandatory but they help prove that you do not owe anything to Indian government and were paying your taxes.

• Amarjeet
        Amarjeet 10 Feb, 19 at 12:25 pm

Thank you for letting me know so quickly. I did file returns before I relocated to the US and I do have the W2 forms. I will file for returns here in India for the period after I returned to India. My employment is overseas and I talked to my tax consultant and he says I am not liable to pay taxes in India as I am providing services overseas. He said he will file zero returns on my behalf. I hope that should be enough. Thank you again for your advice.

Also, income tax documents are not required for VETASSESS assessment.

You will need them at the time of submitting your PR invite.
          So, you have time.

You can submit W2 for the period you were in USA and for rest of the time in India, use Indian ITR.
          There is no boundation as to how many
          years tax returns are required.
          We usually recommend last 3 years.

• Amarjeet
            Amarjeet 11 Feb, 19 at 8:04 am

Got it. Thank you again! Your feedback is bang on.

You are welcome and do share the website with your friends if you think it is useful. Thank you.

9. Aakash Chauhan
    Aakash Chauhan 9 Feb, 19 at 10:27 am

I have been going through the forum and it is very informative.

I am in process of lodging of visa. I have query about below 2 points.

1) I have received salary in cash from my first company and I have R&R letter, Experience letter, Salary Slips, Form-16 as proofs.
    Are these documents suffice to prove experience?

2) For the same year, I have filed Income Tax return but salary mentioned in ITR doesn’t match with Form-16 because I also got salary working as Part time (casual work). Would there be any problem if I submit Income Tax return?

What is R&R letter?
      Have you already got your Work assessment done?

You need a specific type of letter to prove your work experience listing your exact roles and responsibilities.
      The standard letters issued by Indian employers are not accepted.

The letter format also varies based on assessment agency.

A sample letter for Australia PR is available here:

• Aakash Chauhan
        Aakash Chauhan 10 Feb, 19 at 12:25 pm

Roles and Responsibility letter. Assessment done with CPA.

Ok..ya..Roles and responsibility letter is enough. That’s what i shared as a link too.

• Aakash Chauhan
            Aakash Chauhan 11 Feb, 19 at 8:10 am

Thank you for swift reply.

Should not be a problem as ITRs are optional.

• Aakash Chauhan
              Aakash Chauhan 12 Feb, 19 at 3:49 pm

Great.. Thank you so much for your help.

You are welcome.
              Do share the website with your friends if you think it is useful.

You are welcome.
              Do share the website with your friends if you think it is useful.

10. RAKESH
    RAKESH 28 Jan, 19 at 8:52 pm

I got assessment done in the month of May 2018.
    I have resigned the last working company on 31st Oct 2018. Till now I have waited for my PTE score.
    My points add up to 80 now with PTE.
    Can i be able to apply for visa now as I am currently not working. Please guide.

Rakesh

Yes, you can apply.

• RAKESH
        RAKESH 9 Feb, 19 at 10:12 am

Thanks for your quick response….Cheers