Australia 189 / 190 visa Invitation Documents and Steps

Anil Gupta  18 Mar, 19      291  Australia Forms

Australia Skillselect PR Invitation 189, 190 Document Checklist

If you have submitted SkillSelect EOI (Expression of Interest) with good skillselect points and have got the invitation to apply for visa, you have 60 days to gather all your documents and submit.

Documents for Australia PR – Primary Applicant

  1. Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) – 

    All countries that you have lived in the past 10 years for more than 12 months (collectively, even if you made multiple trips), need to have a PCC. Apply for USA FBI clearance certificate. Indian PCC with Indian Embassy process. As mentioned on the Australia, for immigration purposes, a police certificate is deemed to be valid for 12 months from the issue date.

  2. English language test report

    Tips on scoring 79+ in PTE in first attempt with a week of preparation.

  3. Skill assessment letter

    Many of you might use ACS (Australian Computer society) for your evaluation.

  4. Medical Test Report

    List of approved physicians. Medical test cost in USA, insurance and HSA FAQs. 

    After you get the invitation, you can generate the HAP ID from Australia ImmiAccount website. You can get your medical tests done even before getting an invitation and is recommended by Australia DIBP themselves. How to Generate HAP ID for medical before visa invitation or paying fees.

  5. Passport

    first and last page – color copy

  6. Age proof

    Birth Certificate or PassportIf you do not have the birth certificate, then you should get it. In the case of India, you can use the 10th standard certificate/mark-sheet in the absence of birth certificate.

  7. Skill Letter from past 10 years employment

    Use the one you submitted as educational qualification proof with ACS or relevant accessing authority.

  8. Income tax Proofs

    If you are in the USA, you can submit W2 or your tax returns. If you are in India, you can submit form 16 or ITRs. For Singapore or Pakistan or Bangladesh etc., submit the income tax documents that prove you paid government income taxes.

  9. Passport size Photo (45mm x 35mm)

    One scanned copy needs to be upload. How to scan and photo specification.

  10. Marriage Certificate – Only if you are married off course 🙂
  11. Qualifying Degree

    Mark-sheets, Transcript & Degree certificate.Use the one you submitted as educational qualification proof with ACS or relevant accessing authority.

  12. Form 80 

    Sample Form 80 for Australia 189 / 190 Visa

    Open Sample form 80 in new window.

  13. Form 1221

    The information in form 1221 is 99% same as you would have filled in Form 80.

    This form may or may not be requested in your 189 skillselect invitation. Hence, fill it only if requested by the Case Officer (CO). Some people upload it without even being asked by CO, just to make sure no time is lost between CO requesting it and then you upload and CO takes time to verify. It is your choice.

    As per the official Australian guidance here, Form 80 is not mandatory either if you are applying from outside Australia. But, as a matter of saving time, you should be ready with it if CO asks for it.

Source: Applicant Documents

Australia 189-190 visa invitation documents
Australia 189-190 visa invitation documents

Documents for Spouse Additional Applicant over 18

  1. Passport – first and last page color scan
  2. Birth Certificate
  3. Spouse Proof of functional English. If you are claiming Spouse Points, then spouse needs Competent English score.
  4. Work assessment Report – required only if you you are claiming spouse points.
  5. Police Clearance certificate from all countries where you have stayed more than 12 months in past 10 years
  6. Form 80
  7. Form 1221
  8. Photo – passport size

Source: Dependent documents

Documents for child – Additional Applicant under 18

  1. Passport – first and last page color scan
  2. Birth Certificate
  3. Photo – passport size
  4. Form 1229

Source: Australia Documents for Child

Australia PR 189 / 190 visa Fees

Check current Australia 189 PR fees.

Australia PR 189 / 190 visa SkillSelect status after Invitation

Once your EOI is selected in the lottery (draw), the status in skillselect will change to INVITED. A new button APPLY VISA will appear on the skillSelect page.

SkillSelect Invited 190 visa
SkillSelect Invited 190 visa

You need to click ‘Apply Visa‘ to go to Australia ImmiAccount website, create an account here and fill your details. Visa fees can be paid on this website itself.

Scanned documents PDF upload size

Each document size PDF file after scanning should be less than 5 MB. Each applicant can upload 60 separate documents i.e. 60 for you, 60 for spouse, 60 for child.

Australia PR 189/ 190 visa processing time

We track current processing times for 189 and 190 visa here.

   Read all 291 Q & A

1 3 4 5 6 7 8

  1. Hi Anil,

    Please ignore the below post. My Actual question is as below,

    Overall my score is 70 and have applied EOI in Dec-2018 for 2613 – Software and Application Programmers.
    When can I expect the invite and should I attempt for 75 score?
    Can you please suggest?

    Thank you,

    • Anil Gupta   21 Feb, 19 at 2:41 pm

      You can expect the invite for 2613 – Software and Application Programmers with 70 points by July 2019.
      You will get invite within 1-2 months if you can raise your points to 75.

  2. Hi Anil,
    My husband is planning to apply for 189 visa and I have three questions please:
    1) To gain the partner 5 points, there are 3 conditions listed, language, age and skill assessment. Should I fulfill these three conditions to gain the 5 points?
    2) It is mentioned that “the partner’s nominated skilled occupation must be on the same skilled occupations list as your nominated skilled occupation”, does that mean that my skill occupation should be listed under the 189 visa occupation list as my husband’s?
    3) Is there any additional fees my husband should pay in order to add me to his application?

    Thank you in advance 🙂

  3. Hi
    1)–I have got invitation for 190 visa. i want to have my health examination before I lodge my visa. But I cant see 190 visa option in ‘My health Declaration’ in immiaccount . Could u please advise how can I do my health declaration for 190 visa before lodging visa application?
    2)-I am originally from India but living in Australia from last 3.5 years, what will be my usual country of residence?
    3)-My partner hasn’t got his name mentioned on his birth certificate. Can we attach class 12 certificate? Just attaching class 12 certificate is enough or we have to give reason as well for not attaching birth certificate?
    4)-In order to prove our relationship, I want to attach some photos. What is the best way to attach photos like upload each photo individually or what? Also, How many photos should I attach?
    5)-What documents i need to attach for evidence of my husband being ‘Member of family unit’? Will it be same documents that I am attaching to show our relationship?
    Please reply asap. I will be really thankful to you.

  4. Darren Mascarenhas   16 Feb, 19 at 8:55 pm

    Hi Anil,
    I have lodged an EOI on the 7/02/19 for the occupation – Systems Analyst for visa 189.

    I currently sit on 70 points with highest points in age and english score.

    How long would I expect to wait before an invitation comes along? It is a guarantee that the invitation will come at some point?

    • Anil Gupta   17 Feb, 19 at 8:11 am

      Chances of invite for Systems Analyst are very low with 70 points at this time.

      The waiting period could be more than 9-10 months with 70 points for systems analyst ANZSCO code 261112.

  5. vikrant rana   14 Feb, 19 at 1:28 pm

    Is it going to effect my profile that Salary date in my account is different each month. in some months I was paid more than monthly salary because some time company was not able to pay salary for full months as I am working in a firm which is financially not so sound.

  6. Hi Anil, I made a mistake in Form 80 of my wife. Instead of selecting Female I ticked Male for the gender. Can you please suggest me how to correct this?

    • Anil Gupta   9 Feb, 19 at 2:09 pm

      Have you already submitted your application?
      if yes, then, you can upload another corrected form 80 for your spouse.

      • Thank you for the reply. I have already submitted the application.
        Will upload the corrected form 80 then..

  7. Hello Anil, Im half way through the process of applying Australia PR.The problem is I didnt file Tax for the financial yr 2016-2017 since ive crossed the time limit its impossible to do now. But ive done for 2017-18.Is it mandatory that v have to submit our form 60 or ITR to prove or experience? IS there any other way i could rectify this?

    • Anil Gupta   9 Feb, 19 at 2:10 pm

      You can file your ITR anytime. There is no ‘Impossibility’ as I know unless you have some other reason to not file. You can file your ITR now for whatever year you have missed.

      It is recommended to file last 3 years ITR or Form 16 to show that you have paid income taxes legally.

  8. Hello Anil,

    I hope you are doing well. I have a similar query, is it mandatory to submit income tax documents during the PR process to show proof of employment (assessing authority VETASSES)? Will salary slips, appointment letters with salary breakup, experience certificates, relieving letters, salary increment letters not suffice? I have all of these except the income tax documents. Your advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

    • Anil Gupta   9 Feb, 19 at 2:09 pm

      Did you not file Income tax returns when you earned salary? You must have been earning more than minimum income in India.

      Income tax documents are not mandatory but they help prove that you do not owe anything to Indian government and were paying your taxes.

      • Thank you for letting me know so quickly. I did file returns before I relocated to the US and I do have the W2 forms. I will file for returns here in India for the period after I returned to India. My employment is overseas and I talked to my tax consultant and he says I am not liable to pay taxes in India as I am providing services overseas. He said he will file zero returns on my behalf. I hope that should be enough. Thank you again for your advice.

        • Anil Gupta   11 Feb, 19 at 8:04 am

          Also, income tax documents are not required for VETASSESS assessment.

          You will need them at the time of submitting your PR invite.
          So, you have time.

        • Anil Gupta   11 Feb, 19 at 8:04 am

          You can submit W2 for the period you were in USA and for rest of the time in India, use Indian ITR.
          There is no boundation as to how many
          years tax returns are required.
          We usually recommend last 3 years.

          • Got it. Thank you again! Your feedback is bang on.

            • Anil Gupta   11 Feb, 19 at 8:11 am

              You are welcome and do share the website with your friends if you think it is useful. Thank you.

  9. Aakash Chauhan   9 Feb, 19 at 10:27 am

    Hi Anil,

    I have been going through the forum and it is very informative.

    I am in process of lodging of visa. I have query about below 2 points.

    1) I have received salary in cash from my first company and I have R&R letter, Experience letter, Salary Slips, Form-16 as proofs.
    Are these documents suffice to prove experience?

    2) For the same year, I have filed Income Tax return but salary mentioned in ITR doesn’t match with Form-16 because I also got salary working as Part time (casual work). Would there be any problem if I submit Income Tax return?

    • Anil Gupta   9 Feb, 19 at 2:09 pm

      What is R&R letter?
      Have you already got your Work assessment done?

      You need a specific type of letter to prove your work experience listing your exact roles and responsibilities.
      The standard letters issued by Indian employers are not accepted.

      The letter format also varies based on assessment agency.

      A sample letter for Australia PR is available here:

      • Aakash Chauhan   10 Feb, 19 at 12:25 pm

        Roles and Responsibility letter. Assessment done with CPA.

        • Anil Gupta   11 Feb, 19 at 8:04 am

          Ok..ya..Roles and responsibility letter is enough. That’s what i shared as a link too.

          • Aakash Chauhan   11 Feb, 19 at 8:10 am

            Thank you for swift reply.

            For the same year, I have filed Income Tax return but salary mentioned in ITR doesn’t match with Form-16 because I also got salary working as Part time (casual work). Would there be any problem if I submit Income Tax return?

  10. Hi Anil,
    I got assessment done in the month of May 2018.
    I have resigned the last working company on 31st Oct 2018. Till now I have waited for my PTE score.
    My points add up to 80 now with PTE.
    Can i be able to apply for visa now as I am currently not working. Please guide.


1 3 4 5 6 7 8