Australia PR 189, 190 Visa Documents, Steps, Form 80, 1221

By Anil Gupta - Updated on  17 May, 19

Australia PR documents for 189 190 Visa
Australia PR documents for 189 190 Visa

Documents for Australia PR – Primary Applicant

#1 Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)

Police clearance certificate is required from all countries that you have lived in the past 10 years for more than 12 months. If you have made multiple short trips and they all add up to 12 months, you should get a PCC.

Apply for USA FBI clearance certificate online or with third party agents. You will need US state police clearance as well if you lived for at-least months in a state in last 12 months. Process for Texas State PCC and California State PCC is simple and can be done online.

Apply Indian PCC with Indian Embassy by postal mail or in-person. Get Indian PCC from Indian Passport office if you are residing in India.

Police certificates are valid for 12 months from the issue date for Australia PR. PCC does not need notary.

#2 English language Test Report

You need to upload the copy of your test result in your immiaccount. Notary is recommended but not required.

Tips for scoring 79+ in PTE in first attempt with a week of preparation.

#3 Skill assessment letter

Skill assessment letter is required to prove your education and work experience points claim in EOI. Notary is required for skill assessment letter.

How to file ACS (Australian Computer society) assessment.

#4 Medical Test Report

Get your Australia PR health examination done from approved physicians. Medical tests like TB, HIV/ AIDS are required.

You can generate the HAP ID from Australia ImmiAccount website once you have paid the visa fees.

You can get your medical tests done even before getting an invitation and is recommended by Australia DIBP themselves. How to Generate HAP ID for medical before visa invitation or paying fees.

#5 Passport

Passport first and last page color copy. Passport color copies should be notarized.

#6 Age proof

Notarized Birth Certificate or Passport is required.

If you do not have the birth certificate, then you should get it. In the case of India, you can use the 10th standard certificate/mark-sheet in the absence of birth certificate.

#7 Skill Letter from past 10 years employment

Use the one you submitted as educational qualification proof with ACS or relevant accessing authority. Notary certification is required for skill letters.

#8 Income tax Proofs (last 3 year)

• If you are in the USA, you can submit W2 or your tax returns.
  • If you are in India, you can submit form 16 or ITRs.
  • For Singapore or Pakistan or Bangladesh etc., submit the income tax documents that prove you paid government income taxes

#9 Passport size Photo (45mm x 35mm)

How to scan and photo specification

#10 Marriage Certificate

Notarized marriage certificate is required only if you are married.

#11 Qualifying Degree

1. Notarized Mark-sheets or Transcript. Sealed transcripts are not required.
  2. Notarized Degree certificate.

You can use the same notarized copies you may have submitted as educational qualification proof with ACS or relevant accessing authority.

#12 Form 80

Use this sample Form 80 for Australia 189 / 190 Visa to fill your residence and travel details.

Open Sample form 80 in new window.

#13 Form 1221

The information in form 1221 is 99% same as you would have filled in Form 80.

Form 1221 may or may not be requested in your 189 skillselect invitation. Hence, fill it only if requested by the Case Officer (CO).

Some people upload it without even being asked by CO, just to make sure no time is lost between CO requesting it and then you upload and CO takes time to verify. It is your choice.

As per the official Australian guidance here, Form 80 is not mandatory either if you are applying from outside Australia. But, as a matter of saving time, you should be ready with it if CO asks for it.

#15 Payslips

Salary slips or pay stubs are not required.

You can submit the pay slips for the period from the Assessment report date to current date if you are claiming work experience points this period. You will also need to submit the current employment letter to cover the gap between assessment report and today.

This employment letter can be a simple letter stating you are currently employed with the company.

Payslips do not need notary.

Source: Applicant Documents

Documents for Spouse

1. Passport – first and last page color scan
  2. Birth Certificate
  3. Spouse Proof of functional English. If you are claiming Spouse Points, then spouse needs Competent English score.
  4. Work assessment Report – required only if you you are claiming spouse points.
  5. Police Clearance certificate
    • See PCC requirements above. Spouse also needs PCC from all countries and state as given in primary applicant requirement.
  6. Form 80
  7. Form 1221
  8. Photo – passport size

Source: Dependent documents

Documents for Child

1. Passport – first and last page color scan
  2. Birth Certificate
  3. Photo – passport size
  4. Form 1229

Source: Australia Documents for Child

We track current processing times for 189 and 190 visa here. Check current Australia 189 PR fees.

SkillSelect Status after Invitation

Once your EOI is selected in the lottery (draw), the status in skillselect will change to INVITED. A new button APPLY VISA will appear on the skillSelect page.

SkillSelect Invited 190 visa
SkillSelect Invited 190 visa

You need to click ‘Apply Visa‘ to go to Australia ImmiAccount website, create an account here and fill your details. Visa fees can be paid on this website itself.

PDF Upload Size

Each document size PDF file after scanning should be less than 5 MB. Each applicant can upload 60 separate documents i.e. 60 for you, 60 for spouse, 60 for child.

1. Gurdeep
    Gurdeep 6 Mar, 19 at 9:07 am

Hi Anil, I have applied my PR(189) application under 261313(Software Engineer) on 7/03/2019 with 75 points and 190(NSW) with 80 points. Could you please tell me the estimated time for invites for 189 and 190 ? Thanks again.

Anil Gupta 6 Mar, 19 at 9:36 am

You can expect an invite in either March 2019 draw or April 2019 draw for 189 PR with 261313(Software Engineer) and 75 points.
      You can also expect NSW invite within 5-10 days.

I suggest to keep your documents ready to submit the invite without wasting any time.

2. Nirali Shukla
    Nirali Shukla 6 Mar, 19 at 4:10 am

Hi,
    I have got 189 Visa invitation on 11-01-19. I have uploaded all the documents and paid the Visa fees on 14-02-19. But till date my status is still showing “submitted”. What does it mean? What will be the estimate time frame to receive my Visa after this? My invitation was for the skilled occupation code- 233211 (Civil Engineer).

Anil Gupta 6 Mar, 19 at 8:56 am

The status of your application will remain “Submitted” until a Case officer contacts you for more information or document.
      It is also possible that you get a direct grant within 4-5 months if all your documents are fine.

• Nirali Shukla
        Nirali Shukla 6 Mar, 19 at 8:57 am

• Gurdeep
      Gurdeep 6 Mar, 19 at 9:07 am

Hi Nirali, May I know when did you submit your EOI ?

• Nirali Shukla
        Nirali Shukla 8 Mar, 19 at 1:03 am

Hi Gurdeep, I Submitted it on 10-01-19.

3. M Shariq Khan
    M Shariq Khan 5 Mar, 19 at 4:54 pm

Hi,

I have applied for 189 visa on 14th Feb, 2019. But, in that visa I have included myself only as independent.
    Now, I am planning to get married in a month. I want to ask can I include my spouse in my application after I get married in a month ??
    I haven’t got any case officer assigned to me yet.

Can you please elaborate the process if I am still able to include my wife in my application,

Regards,

You can add your spouse once you are married. There is an option in immiaccount to notify your changed situation.

4. sk gupta
    sk gupta 4 Mar, 19 at 5:05 am

Hello sir
    I have 65 points in 189 , 70 points in 190 and 75 points in 489 family sponsership and state sponsership in category 263111 – network engineers so pls tell me when i can get my invitation from any one category?

Anil Gupta 4 Mar, 19 at 9:04 am

There is no chance of invite with 65 points. You should try to increase your points to 70 to have any chances of invite in any of the visa i.e. 189, 190 or 489.
      Do not add state points unless they invite you.

• sk gupta
        sk gupta 4 Mar, 19 at 9:45 am

Ok thanku

5. Kavin Ganesan
    Kavin Ganesan 4 Mar, 19 at 9:14 am

Hi Anil Gupta,

I have couple of questions, really appreciate if you could provide some info around this.
    1. I have lodged EOI with 70 points (software Engineer) on 03-03-2019, when can I expect this can be picked.
    2. I have got my police report yesterday(03-Mar-2019) which is valid for 1 year, let say if it still valid when I receive invitation, can I use same police report or
    should I apply for new one?
    3. Although I provide police report for PR process, is it mandatory to provide police report (from all countries that have stayed before) at the time of applying for
    citizenship?
    4. Any bad credit history or declaring bankrupt (outside of Australia) will impact the PR or citizenship application ?
    Please provide your inputs if you have any idea.

Thank you.

Anil Gupta 4 Mar, 19 at 9:26 am

Please share your ANZSCO code.

• Kavin Ganesan
        Kavin Ganesan 4 Mar, 19 at 9:27 am

Main applicant: 261313 (Software Engineer)
        Spouse : 261312 (Developer Programmer)–Claiming 5 points.
        Does it make any difference because of ANZSO codes are different?

Anil Gupta 4 Mar, 19 at 9:45 am

You can expect invite in November 2019 draw with 70 points.
          Have you kept your current employment’s end date BLANK in your EOI?

Spouse and your ANZSCO code should be in same occupation list.

You can use the same police report at the time of invite if it is still valid (issued within last 12 months).

Bad credit history may not affect the decision on PR but your income tax (if not paid) might affect the PR result.

I am not aware of Citizenship application process at this time.

• Kavin Ganesan
            Kavin Ganesan 4 Mar, 19 at 10:09 am

Thanks for your quick reply.
            Both codes are under MLTSSL (Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List) , so I think shouldn’t be an issue.
            i have worked in India for 2.5 years where my salary was lower than the minimum(last with drawn in India was 1,80,000 per annum between Nov-2010 and Oct-2013). Though it was small and genuine company, they did not provide me any tax forms(i have payslips, letter submitted to acs) also I was not aware of all those things initially. in 2013 I have moved to Malaysia and have been paying taxes regularly. Is there any way that I can fulfill the requirement for tax for the period(from 2010 to 2013 -for India work exp)

Anil Gupta 4 Mar, 19 at 10:19 am

You can check with a CA in India to know if you can file tax returns for that period.

6. Devesh Kumar
    Devesh Kumar 26 Feb, 19 at 11:12 am

I received invitation to apply for 189 subclass. After applying and paying the fee, I got an email for additional documents to support my claim of employment with following comments :

Evidence of employment
    The evidence you have provided contains insufficient information about your employment
    claims. Provide further evidence of your claimed period of employment prior to the date of
    invitation.
    Evidence must include, but are not limited to:
    ● bank statements (showing salary deposits)
    ● pay slips
    ● tax returns
    ● superannuation information
    ● Contact details for HR both telephone numbers and email address

My question is, am I supposed to provide all of above for every job I had ? Or I can provide as many as I can. I have documents and proofs for my current job, but it is difficult to provide something like bank statement for my previous jobs.

Can you please clarify what is the exact requirement ?

You should try to provide your requested documents for as many jobs as you can provide.

My suggestion is to provide for all jobs as Case officer has not clearly indicated the job that they have suspicion on.

7. viikky
    viikky 25 Feb, 19 at 7:02 am

I have got invitation. Can you please tell me if I need to get the documents attested by justice of peace?

Check what all documents need Notary or attestation by justice of peace for Australia PR.

• Vikky
        Vikky 26 Feb, 19 at 3:36 am

Thank you. Can I get one of my document notarized from India even though I am living in Australia?

You can get notarization from anywhere irrespective of your physical location.

• Kavin Ganesan
      Kavin Ganesan 4 Mar, 19 at 9:14 am

Hi, congratulations, could you please share your points and waiting time.Thank you.

8. sk gupta
    sk gupta 23 Feb, 19 at 9:11 am

Hai i just got a message in my mail from skill select but it is not showing anything in eoi ..so pls help me how i can see that message whether it is related to invitation or something else? Pls help me

Have you created multiple EOIs? If yes, then open the correct one for which the message was received and you should be able to see it in ‘Correspondence’ section.

• sk gupta
        sk gupta 23 Feb, 19 at 5:41 pm

Yes i hv created multiple EOIs. But it is showing nothing in anyone. Is it invitation??

Its not possible. There should be a message in one of the EOI that has your current email ID attached to it.
          The correspondence section would show the message.

If you receive invite, the email also clearly says that you are invited.

• sk gupta
            sk gupta 23 Feb, 19 at 8:24 pm

I got this message…pls see and advise me what to do..

I have already told you what to do and how to check message. Please log in to your EOI and check the message. I can’t help anymore.

• sk gupta
              sk gupta 24 Feb, 19 at 12:20 am

Ok thanks

9. Petr
    Petr 22 Feb, 19 at 9:35 am

we’ve just submitted EOIs for 189 (65 points) and 190 (70 points for NSW, VIC) visas as a Registered Nurse (surgical), ANZSCO 254424. Points breakdown: age (30), superior English (20), bachelor degree (15). We realised that there is a bigger chance with 190 however, have no idea how long would it take to get the invitation. Do you have any recent experiences? We lodged two separate EOIs for NSW and VIC as heard that VIC likes to take applicants that are comitted. Would that help?
    Your help is very appreciated.

As per my estimate you should increase your points to 70 for a better chance of invite from 189 PR category.
      I am not sure if NSW or VIC will invite with 65+5 points either.

• Petr
        Petr 24 Feb, 19 at 10:59 pm

UPDATE: we lodged our EOI 21/2/2019 and received VIC inivitation (65+5 points, Registered Nurse (surgical) ANZSCO 254424) on 25/2/2019!!! It took them just 4 days to send us the invitation!!! 🙂

Great news. Thanks for sharing. I appreciate it.

10. A Zee
    A Zee 22 Feb, 19 at 6:29 am

I have been contacted by CO to submit PCC from regional passport office/embassy as currently submitted PCC from senior superintendent police is unsatisfactory. At honmeaffairs website it is clearly mentioned that citizens from my country only need PCC from Superintendent police and submit it. What should i do as there is no such service supported by regional passport office here. Please assist

You should get an official letter from regional passport office that they do not provide any such service and submit it as a response to your CO query.

• A Zee
        A Zee 23 Feb, 19 at 7:46 am

Thank you for your response. Will proceed accordingly.