Form 221(G) Green Slip with Dropbox Interview Waiver
You are eligible for US visa interview waiver via Dropbox and have received an email with message “Passport ready for pick up” after dropping the documents in US visa DropBox. As soon you have your passport in your hand, you see that there is no US visa stamp!
There is a light green slip attached to the passport with message: “Please come to the consulate for fingerprints“.
Don’t worry. This is normal process. Your visa has NOT been rejected or denied.
You just need to get your fingerprints verified by visiting US embassy any day between 10:30 AM to 11 AM as an added step.
This can happen with any US visa type including B1/B2, H1B, H4, L visa who are going for Dropbox service at any US visa embassy including Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad or Kolkata.
Dropbox fingerprinting processing time is 3-10 working days. Your passport will be stamped with US visa after fingerprint verification in US embassy.
There won’t be any personal US visa interview after you receive fingerprinting request unless it has been specifically mentioned in the form 221(g) Green Slip that you have received.
Fingerprints are taken inside US consulate building where you would normally appear for US visa interview.
The fingerprinting request after dropping documents is made with a specific form 221g.
So, don’t be confused with VFS center as the time slot is only 1/2 an hour and you do not want to waste time.
Example, If you are visiting Mumbai, you will have to appear for fingerprints at US Embassy Mumbai (BKC – Bandra Kurla Complex).
There are no documents required for fingerprinting after DropBox form 221(g). You just need to carry your original passport and original visa approval i797 form (if any).
The passport will be kept by US embassy after fingerprints. Your i797 will be returned to you.
Dropbox Fingerprint Timeline Sample
- Dec 10 – Dropped documents in DropBox for both husband (H1B) and wife (H4).
- Dec 19 – Date updates on CEAC website with status “Administrative Processing“.
- Dec 20 – Email Received – “Passport ready for pickup“.
- Dec 21 – Pick up the passport at VFS center. No H1B or H4 visa stamped. Form 221(g) green slip with message: Fingerprint verification required on any day between 10.30 AM to 11 AM at US Embassy.
- Dec 21 – Passport tracking status will show: Passport Picked Up. Don’t worry.
- Dec 27 – Both H1b & H4 appear for fingerprints verification at US consulate.
- Dec 28 – Fingerprints provided, date updates on CEAC website with status “Administrative Processing“.
- Dec 29 – CEAC website status Updates to “Issued“.
- Dec 30 – Email received for wife H4 – Passport ready for pickup.
- Dec 31 – Pick up Wife’s Passport with H4 visa stamp from VFS center.
- Jan 2 – Email received for H1B – Passport ready for pickup.
- Jan 2 – Received my passport with H1B visa stamp from VFS center.
Dropbox form 221(g) Green Slip vs Visa Approved Admin processing
Dropbox form 221(g) fingerprinting administrative processing is different than the other form 221(g) issued after visa officer said ‘Visa Approved’ and status still shows Admin processing.
Dropbox’s fingerprinting is just a formality to validate your identity before issuing you visa stamp.