Australia PR Points Calculator 2019 – Immigration Point Test

Anil Gupta  19 Mar, 19      497  Australia

Australia Permanent Residency Immigration Points Table 2019

EOI PointsCurrent Australia PR Processing time
75-80 pointsInvitation within 0-1 months
70 pointsInvitation within 5-6 months
65 pointsInvitation is currently taking more than year – not guaranteed

It is easier to get Australian PR with 70 points based on latest draw. With Masters degree, good English score and work experience in Australia’s skills list, you can get Australia’s residency within a year.

Minimum points to apply for Australia PR SkillSelect 189 (points based) or 190 (State Sponsored Visa) is 65 in 2018-2019.

Australia SkillSelect Points Calculator 2019

Open Australia Points calculator in new window.

Related: Australia 189 / 190 visa Invitation Documents and Steps

1. Age Max Points – 30

AgePoints
18-24 years25
25-32 years30
33-39 years25
40-44 years15

Apply as early as possible before you age out! Nobody needs old work force.

2. English Language Max Points – 20

S = Speaking, L = Listening, R = Reading, W = Writing
EnglishCompetentProficientSuperior
IELTS678
PTE506579
OETCBA
Toefl iBTL-12, R-13, W-21, S-18L-24, R-24, W-27, S-23L-28, R-29, W-30, S-26
CAE169185200
Points01020

The score has to be in all i.e. Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing separately unless otherwise mentioned as in case of Toefl exam.
PTE is easier to score than IELTS. My notes and tips to score 79+ PTE Academic in a week.

3. Employment Outside Australia Max Points – 15

1-2 years5
3-4 years10
5-7 years15
8-10 years20

5. Education Max Points – 20

QualificationsPoints
A Doctorate degree from an Australian educational institution or a Doctorate from another educational institution that is of a recognized standard (can be outside Australia).20
A Bachelor (or Masters) degree from an Australian educational institution or a Bachelor (or Masters) qualification, from another educational institution that is of a recognized standard (can be outside Australia).15
A diploma or trade qualification completed in Australia10
An award or qualification recognized by the relevant assessing authority for your nominated skilled occupation.10

Education and Employment has to be verified by Assessment company to claim points. How to file ACS Assessment.

6. Studied in Australia Max Points – 5

Australian study requirementPoints
At least one degree, diploma or trade qualification from an Australian educational institution that meets the Australian study requirement5

7. Niche skills Education Max Points – 5

Specialist education qualificationPoints
A Masters degree by research or a Doctorate degree from an Australian educational institution that included at least two academic years in a relevant field.5

8. Spouse Skills Points Max Points – 5

To get Spouse skills 5 points added to your SkillSelect Expression of Interest, all of these conditions should be met for our SPOUSE:

1. Age should be less than 45 years.
  2. English Test Score should be at-least the ‘Competent‘ – basic score.
  3. Job Occupation code should be in the same occupation list as primary applicant list.
    Use the calculator given above to calculate spouse skills points.

9. Other Points Max Points – 15

OtherPoints
Accredited in community language (E.g. NAATI test)5
Study in regional Australia or a low population growth metropolitan area that meets the Australian study requirement5
Professional year in Australia5
State Sponsorship (190 visa)5

Australia PR point calculator-skilled permanent residency Australia PR point calculator-skilled permanent residency

Employer sponsorship for Permanent Residence

Employer sponsorship is optional in Australia and you can directly file for permanent residency unlike US, where you need an employer to file for your green card.

If you have the required points, you will be selected and will get a PR even before you travel to Australia.
Applicants with 65+ points get the invitation to apply pretty fast. Once you have applied, you can expect to get the PR within 5-8 months.

H1B worker in US move to Australia

If you are currently working on H1B in US and fed up with long waiting for green card, Australia is a good option. They give you Permanent residency (Australian Green Card) even before you land there for the first time!

Please note that even if you move to Australia for work, your Green card application in US can stay active.
Remember that Green card in US is filed for future job and your i-140 remains active.
You can return to US in future if your priority date becomes current and the employer is ready to hire you.

Police Clearance Certificate for Australia Permanent Residency

Police verification is required for all adults (18+), who are part of your PR application, from all countries where they have lived in past 10 years.

1. How to get Indian Police certificate from Indian Embassy.
  2. How to get USA FBI Clearance certificate even if you are outside USA.

1 2 3 13

1. Gaurangmaheta   27 Nov, 18 at 4:50 am

@SoanT:disqus : Hello Sir,
    I have completed master degree and i have 3 years experience as Software Engineer and my age is 28 and my real sister is PR in Australia so how many points needed from PTE for Australia PR

• Anil Gupta   27 Nov, 18 at 9:28 am

Did you check your points in the calculator we have above? Its an automatic calculator that will suggest you points.
      Check it and let me know if you have any more questions.

2. Ummulkhair Kadri   26 Nov, 18 at 6:21 am

Hi Sir,
    What is the minimum duration one can expect a PR once all the steps are cleared ?
    Ummul

3. I am a software developer having 70 points and i am waiting for my PR invitation. If i switch to a new company, in which way it will affect my invitation. Can you please suggest me?

• Anil Gupta   24 Nov, 18 at 4:45 pm

You will have to get new ACS assessment to claim points for your new job.
      If you do not switch job, you can claim the points after ACS report for current employment using payslips.

If your current employment’s point are not going to help increase your total tally, then it does not make any difference. You can change the job.

• My EOI code is 26132 and i have 70 points curretly, my EOI was updated on 18th October 2018. When can i expect my invitation. What is the probability that i can get my invitation with in April 30th 2019 since the mark for my age may reduce in May 5th 2019.

• Anil Gupta   25 Nov, 18 at 9:58 am

The chances are low that you will get invitation with 70 points by April 2019.
          There is a long backlogged queue at this point.

I can estimate better once the Nov 11 draw results are shared by Australia immigration.

Come back and remind me later.

• Sure. Thanks for your quick response.

• Hi,do u have any update on the results Nov draw

• Anil Gupta   28 Nov, 18 at 7:48 am

No official results have been published yet.
              But, many people have received invitation with 70 points in Nov draw.

• Hi Anil, i have submitted my EOI with 70 points in september 2018, also my acs will complete 2 years in june 2019, can you suggest if i ll be able to get the PR before that. also what is the procedure to renew the ACS.

• 70 points for software programmer; as per the old results..its not looking that i ll get

• Anil Gupta   3 Dec, 18 at 6:29 am

People with 70 points and EOI filed in May have been getting invites.
              You probably filed it a bit late even though you had uoir ACS result with you.

Nevermind, just file it and you may receive it before June 2019.

• We will get to know invitation after logging in SkillSelect and seeing our status-correct? I lodged my EOI in May 2018 and have score of 70 for code:261313 ever since May 2018 but haven’t received any invitation. Do I need to wait further? Where can I see the results of Nov draw?

• You will get an email when you receive invite. You can see the invite in your skillselect profile too.

Nov 18 draw results have not been published officially by Australia immigration yet.

• Thanks for the instant response. Any idea when are the results of 11/18 to be published? When do the draw results generally gets published? Also- even Dec 2018 draw should have taken on Dec 11-correct?

• Anil Gupta   9 Feb, 19 at 10:13 am

Yes, draw are happening on time I.e. 11th of every month but they are too slow in publishing the results.

Normally, they publish results within 20 days of draw but after September, they have got super slow.

4. Well, how is it possible that my 5 point of studying bachelor in australia doen’t not counted?

• Anil Gupta   4 Nov, 18 at 12:08 pm

Did you choose the Australia study requirement option in calculator?

• Yeas saying I have completed bachelours in australia and than education in australia? how does that work if i have completed bachelour degree in australia 15 point and also at least 1 degree (same degree) in australia 5 point. How many points i am eligible for i though 20

• Anil Gupta   5 Nov, 18 at 8:08 am

Yes, you should be eligible for 20 points then. Is the calculator not adding those 5 points for you?

5. Himaja Reddy   30 Oct, 18 at 3:18 am

I have an gold medal in Bachelors so can it be considered like below :

5. Education Max Points – 20 :

A Bachelor (or Masters) degree from an Australian educational institution or a Bachelor (or Masters) qualification, from another educational institution that is of a recognized standard (can be outside Australia). – 15 points (already available)

An award or qualification recognized by the relevant assessing authority for your nominated skilled occupation. 10 points (M hoping i can apply this under gold medal category for my bachelors degree in BTECH

So instead of 15 points , can i be considered under award also , so that i can use a maximum of 20 points under this category

is this really possible ??

6. Twinkle Mongia   28 Oct, 18 at 2:34 pm

FOR AGE=30 POINTS,FOR IELTS BANDS=20 POINTS,FOR WORK EXPERIENCE (6 YEARS)=10 POINTS
    THE QUESTION THAT I WANT TO ASK IS BY WHAT OTHER MEANS I CAN INCREASE MY POINTS BCZ I AM NOT A GRADUATE

• Anil Gupta   28 Oct, 18 at 5:18 pm

Check the calculator. it has all the options that are currently allowed by Australia.

7. Twinkle Mongia   28 Oct, 18 at 2:30 pm

Hi sir,
    my name is Twinkle from delhi,i want to ask if i dont have any graduation but somehow i am able to achieve 8 band in ielts,is there any chance that i can get a pr?

• Anil Gupta   28 Oct, 18 at 5:18 pm

Please check the calculator. All the options are provided there. If you do not score at-least 65, then you can’t apply.

8. Hi
    I´m a graduated Architect from the University of Buenos Aires (U.B.A), it means I have a degree in Architecture. Should i chek the option described as “A Bachelor degree from an Australian educational institution or a
    Bachelor qualification, from another educational institution that is of a
    recognised standard.”?

9. Invitation is NEVER guaranteed. Its a lottery that’s drawn twice a month and people with highest score in the lottery are invited to apply.
    In current time, people with total points 75+ are getting invitation within a month.

With 60 points, the chances of getting invitation are very low. You should try to increase your points somehow.

• Jaskaran Singh   13 Jun, 18 at 10:45 pm

if i study from Australia, after 2 years i can drag my points up to 70. how good are my chances to get PR then? Also, based on my current profile should I choose Australia or Canada to be easily eligible for pr?

• Anil Gupta   14 Jun, 18 at 5:42 am

People with 70 points today are getting Australia’s PR invite in about 5-6 months time.
        Canada also follows a similar point system. Did you check how many points are you getting there?

• Jaskaran Singh   14 Jun, 18 at 6:43 am

Not eligible for Canada right now but if i study there for one/two years then i’ll be eligible. My primary concern is which one should i choose in terms of getting PR invitation more easily: Australia or Canada? There is a general conception i’ve heard that it is difficult to obtain Australian PR than Canadian. Is it iso?or is it just a myth?

• Anil Gupta   14 Jun, 18 at 6:59 am

As per my opinion, both are similar with respect to PR process.
            You should look at the job opportunities for your field in each country before taking a decision.

In some situations, you may be eligible for Australia’s PR than Canada. I know many people who have work experience, but are not eligible for Canadian PR, but have 70+ points for Australia today.

I can only suggest, the decision has to be taken by you.

• Jaskaran Singh   14 Jun, 18 at 8:11 am

Thank you so much sir. I am looking forward to study Data Analytics and believe there’s equal scope for me in both countries. I feel I should file for Australian PR and meanwhile study for my masters degree there. Now I know it might take upto 11 months for application to go through at 60 points but after such period (or longer) will i successfully get the invitation or is there a chance of failure?

• Anil Gupta   14 Jun, 18 at 8:40 am

With every year, the points required to get Australian PR invitation is going higher.

In 2016, anyone with 65 points was getting invitation within 1-2 months. Today, the wait is more than a year.

Going by this trend, nothing can be said for total of 60 points.

The best chances to get invitation is to get as much points as possible.

If you study in Australia, you will get preference and more points than anyone studying outside Australia. So, hope for the best and apply.
              At this time, you have no other choice either.

10. Jaskaran Singh   11 Jun, 18 at 10:29 am

Hi, I am a B tech graduate (2018), 21 years of age. if I score 79+ in PTE individually, i’ll have a total 60 points for PR application. If I file for PR will it guarantee me an invitation? also, how long might I have to wait?

11. Anil Gupta   12 Feb, 19 at 6:18 pm

Only ACS can judge if its ACT minor or major after looking at your subjects. I cannot guess here with no information about what you studied.

ACS result is mandatory before filing Australia EOI.
    Its not an option as you need to provide the assessment report number.

12. Anil Gupta   12 Feb, 19 at 3:53 pm

1. It depends on what subjects you studied in your bachelor degree. ACS assessment matters a lot.

2. If you want to claim spouse points, assessment is needed from the relevant assessment agency for her ANZSCO code.

3. There are no family points for 189/190 PR.

4. I can estimate your chances of invite if you can share your ANZSCO code.

13. Glory Prathap   24 Feb, 19 at 2:02 pm

Hi Anil, I meant 55+10. I am hoping to improve my English to superior. If so, is it possible to update my EOI considering the fact that QLD is closed for further EOI’s.
    Thanks and Regards

14. Anil Gupta   24 Feb, 19 at 2:19 pm

Not sure why don’t you ask your agent if you have paid them the money.

They should tell you everything and help with your queries.
    I can’t really answer if i don’t have full information.

15. Glory Prathap   24 Feb, 19 at 2:36 pm

I will check with them.
    Thanks a lot for your time.

16. I am not sure what you mean by ‘Inclusive’. Can you elaborate?
    You can expect invite for 254425 RN Paediatrics only with 70 points at this time.

17. Anil Gupta   24 Feb, 19 at 2:17 pm

Have you filed a separate EOI with QLD at QLD website or the EOI at Australia Skillselect system.

18. Glory Prathap   24 Feb, 19 at 2:18 pm

I will have to check with my agent about that cos it was filed by them.
    Does it make a difference?

1 2 3 13