Australia PR Points Calculator 2019- 189, 190 Visa Immigration Test

Australia PR points calculator online 2019. Skilled migration 189, 190, 489 visa need minimum 65 skill select points to apply. English test score required.

By Anil Gupta          Updated  30 Jul, 19

Australia PR Chance of Invite

EOI Points Current Australia PR Invitation time
80 points 1-2 months
75 points 4-5 months
70 points 8-10 months for pro-rata, 4-5 months for non-pro-rata
65 points No realistic chance of Invitation

It is easier to get Australian PR with 80 points based on latest draw. With Masters degree, good English score and work experience in Australia’s skills list, you can get Australia’s residency within a year.

Minimum points to apply for Australia PR SkillSelect 189 (points based) or 190 (State Sponsored Visa) is 65 in 2019-2020.

Australia Permanent Residency Immigration Points table given above shows the points for majority of ANZSCO codes. The chance of invitation varies by each job code and its points.

Australia SkillSelect Points Calculator 2019

Open link in new window.

#1 Age Max Points – 30

Age Points
18-24 years 25
25-32 years 30
33-39 years 25
40-44 years 15

Age is counted as 32 till you are 32 years 11 months and 30 days old. The Age changes to 33 on your 33rd birthday.

#2 English Language Max Points – 20

S = Speaking, L = Listening, R = Reading, W = Writing
English Competent Proficient Superior
IELTS 6 7 8
PTE 50 65 79
OET C B A
Toefl iBT L-12, R-13, W-21, S-18 L-24, R-24, W-27, S-23 L-28, R-29, W-30, S-26
CAE 169 185 200
Points 0 10 20

The score has to be in all i.e. Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing separately unless otherwise mentioned as in case of Toefl exam.
PTE is easier to score than IELTS. My notes and tips to score 79+ PTE Academic in a week.

#3 Employment Outside Australia Max Points – 15

1-2 years 5
3-4 years 10
5-7 years 15
8-10 years 20

#5 Education Max Points – 20

Qualifications Points
A Doctorate degree from an Australian educational institution or a Doctorate from another educational institution that is of a recognized standard (can be outside Australia). 20
A Bachelor (or Masters) degree from an Australian educational institution or a Bachelor (or Masters) qualification, from another educational institution that is of a recognized standard (can be outside Australia). 15
A diploma or trade qualification completed in Australia 10
An award or qualification recognized by the relevant assessing authority for your nominated skilled occupation. 10

Education and Employment has to be verified by Assessment company to claim points. How to file ACS Assessment.

#6 Studied in Australia Max Points – 5

Australian study requirement Points
At least one degree, diploma or trade qualification from an Australian educational institution that meets the Australian study requirement 5

#7 Niche skills Education Max Points – 5

Specialist education qualification Points
A Masters degree by research or a Doctorate degree from an Australian educational institution that included at least two academic years in a relevant field. 5

#8 Spouse Skills Points Max Points – 5

To get Spouse skills 5 points added to your SkillSelect Expression of Interest, all of these conditions should be met for our SPOUSE:

1. Age should be less than 45 years.
  2. English Test Score should be at-least the ‘Competent‘ – basic score.
  3. Job Occupation code should be in the same occupation list as primary applicant list.
    Use the calculator given above to calculate spouse skills points.

Spouse points in New Point system starting November 16, 2019

Points
Single (Un-married)10
Spouse is Australian Citizen or PR holder10
Spouse has Positive Skill Assessment and competent English10
Spouse has no Skill Assessment but competent English5
Other Cases0
This will make significant difference to existing EOIs who will gain spouse points in November.

#9 Other Points Max Points – 15

Other Points
Accredited in community language (E.g. NAATI test) 5
Study in regional Australia or a low population growth metropolitan area that meets the Australian study requirement 5
Professional year in Australia (E.g. Professional training like ACS PYear program) 5
State Nomination (190 visa) 5

Employer Sponsorship for Permanent Residence

Employer sponsorship is optional in Australia and you can directly file for permanent residency unlike US, where you need an employer to file for your green card.

If you have the required points, you will be selected and will get a PR even before you travel to Australia.
Applicants with 65+ points get the invitation to apply pretty fast. Once you have applied, you can expect to get the PR within 5-8 months.

189 and 190 PR visa do not have any points for family or employer sponsorship. 489 visa has option of sponsorship but it is not a direct PR.

Australia PR for US based H1B

If you are currently working on H1B in US and fed up with long waiting for green card, Australia PR is a good option. They give you Permanent residency (Australian Green Card) even before you land there for the first time!

You do not get any extra points pr preference just because you have worked in US. The experience is counted at par with other countries.

Please note that even if you move to Australia for work, your Green card application in US can stay active. Remember that Green card in US is filed for future job and your i-140 remains active.

You can return to US in future if your priority date becomes current and the employer is ready to hire you.

Police Clearance Certificate for Australia Permanent Residency

Police verification is required for all adults (18+), who are part of your PR application, from all countries where they have lived in past 10 years.

If you are an Indian, you can apply Indian Police certificate from Indian Embassy if living outside India. You will get PCC from Indian Passport office if residing in India.

If you have lived or are living in USA, you will need  FBI Clearance certificate along with US state police clearance certificate. Remember you will need the US FD-258 fingerprint card for FBI.

Example: If you are currently living in Texas for last 4 months and moved from California, then you would need both state’s Criminal history record along with FBI report.

One of our guest shared his experience of getting PCC from Singapore police.

FAQs

Will Spouse Points Change in Nov 2019 Affect Existing EOI?

Yes, all existing Australia PR EOIs for 189, 190 and 491 visa will be affected and points will be automatically adjusted on Nov 16, 2019.

Will I gain spouse points in Nov 2019?

5 Points: You will gain 5 spouse points if your spouse has competent English score (IELTS 6, 6, 6, 6 or PTE 50 in each).

10 Points: If your spouse has ANZSCO code in same occupation list as you and has positive assessment along with competent English score, you will get 10 points.

10 Points: If you are single and ready to mingle.

10 Points: If you marry an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.

0 Points: If your spouse does not fall in any of above cases.

Chance of Invitation After Nov 2019 Changes

You will find it difficult to get an invitation if you cannot claim spouse points after November 2019 as married people with working spouse will automatically get 5 extra points as compared to today.

Single applicants will gain the most by jumping ahead in queue with 10 points immediately and will have much better chance of invite than today.

If your Spouse has functional English today, I recommend to to improve the score and try to get at-least to competent level to fetch 5 points.

Australia

1. Suraj
    Suraj

Hi Anil.Gupta - If I have done my BE in EnTC and an MBA in Telecom Management,and I have work ex of 5 years in IT as a Business Analyst… Will my work ex be considered for PR application? i. e will I get 10 points for it?

Hi @Suraj

I do not know what EnTC means.

I cannot say if your work experience matches your education simply on the bases of degree names.

Hi @Arif_Ahmed

Have you got the invite?
    What comment are you looking for?

Please ask specific question to help me give any meaningful answer.

4. Arif_Ahmed
    Arif_Ahmed

@Anil.Gupta

Should I sit again for PTE or I can wait for few more months?
    Just wondering about the chance of getting invitation?

Regards,
    Arif

Hi @Arif_Ahmed

I suggest to increase points if you can using English language.

1. Sohaib
    Sohaib 2 Mar, 19 at 7:50 pm

Hey anil i have 1 question. I have done bachelors in electrical engineering from pakistan. If i do diploma in electrical from australia can i claim 5 points for it ? And if i have did that diploma from regional can i also claim extra points for that ?
    Please help me with this question. Because many person are saying you arent allowed to do diploma because your a bachelor. Even if i do graduate diploma of electrical can i claim 5 points for study in australia after my bachelors from pak plz let me know

Bachelors and Diploma would be counted as same as per my information. A simple diploma from Australia may help you to get study in Australia Points.
      It all depends on how the assessment agency assesses it.

2. Vidushi
    Vidushi 2 Mar, 19 at 6:29 pm

Hello,
    Thank you for the information.
    I would like to know about the points for an Australian university masters degree (online masters in secondary teaching ).
    Completing the masters from an Australian university is still valid for PR or do I have to complete the masters in Australia ?

Thank you and best regards!

You should have completed the study in Australia to qualify for points.

• Vidushi
        Vidushi 2 Mar, 19 at 7:15 pm

Hello,
        Thank you for the fast reply!
        I would like to know if I gain a one year masters in teaching degree in Australia (I ‘m having my three years bachelor of science degree and two years of teaching experience in Japan ) would it be alright for applying PR in secondary teaching category?
        Thank you!

Your education and work experience should be assessed by the assessment authority and if they give positive report, then you can claim the points.

I am not the right person to judge your education and work experience.

3. Nunu
    Nunu 2 Mar, 19 at 11:40 am

It’s my first time posting here and i’m hoping you can help me.
    I’m in the process of sending my documents to ACS but my Degree transcript is watermarked with ‘Concordia University’. Do you think i can use this for ACS? or apply for a fresh transcript with no watermarks?

What’s the problem with watermark?

• Nunu
        Nunu 3 Mar, 19 at 1:44 pm

Thank you for your quick response Anil.
        I don’t see any problem with the watermark, but i don’t want my ACS application to be negatively affected in anyway which is why i asked for your opinion.

I don’t see any problem if the document is genuine.

4. Hamid
    Hamid 2 Mar, 19 at 6:06 am

Hi dear,
    Can i get Invitation, i got 70 points and my code is (Engineering technologist 233914) and how long it will take to get invitation. I live in Sydney

Anil Gupta 2 Mar, 19 at 7:44 am

Engineering technologist 233914 currently needs 75 points to get invite.
      You should try to increase your points. Have you claimed points for working in Australia?

5. varadh
    varadh 2 Mar, 19 at 1:00 am

8 year experienced Software Tester – ANZSCO 261314
    age -30
    B Tech in computer science
    IELTS 7
    SINGLE
    Am i eligible for PR in Australia?

Anil Gupta 2 Mar, 19 at 7:44 am

The first step is to check your total PR points.
      Once you know the points, then, i can tell if you are eligible or not.

6. Neha Malik
    Neha Malik 1 Mar, 19 at 12:02 pm

I am 26 years of age and have completed by B tech in Information technology and have 4.2 years or working experience as a software tester (ANZSCO – 261314).
    Do you suggest I should complete my 5 years of work experience and then get ACS Done so that even if they deduct 2 years I can claim 5 points while applying for PR ?
    Also what are the chances of me getting a PR ..should I go for my master after completing 5 years of work experience or should I directly apply for PR

You can start your Australia PR process now and file your Expression of interest.
      You can claim your increased experience automatically as it grows with time.

The chances of PR depend on your PR points.

• Neha Malik
        Neha Malik 15 May, 19 at 9:07 pm

For ACS certificate my previous company is agreeing to provide Experience letter but it is not on company’s letter head.
        It has the roles and responsibilities signed by my immediate manager. And the reliving letter is different which contains the duration and post I worked there. Does this help ?
        What is the other way round for experience letter.
        Also how can we get experience letter from present company we are working in ?

I would also need your help to confirm the documents required apart from my engineering degree as i am filling ACS myself and not taking help of agent . Could you please list the documents required.

Neha

7. Vinil Paul
    Vinil Paul 28 Feb, 19 at 8:54 pm

Hello Anil
    I have got 75 points overall and if my wife get through IELTS, my score will be 80 as our job code is same. Job code – 233211. How long will it take to get invitation?
    Thanks in advance.

Anil Gupta 1 Mar, 19 at 8:42 am

Have you already filed your EOI?
      You should get invite in next draw that happens after you file your EOI for Job code – 233211.

• Vinil Paul
        Vinil Paul 1 Mar, 19 at 9:21 am

No. i havent filed yet. Waiting for my wife to get IELTS. Will file soon after that.
        Thanks for your reply..

8. Natasha Ngoh
    Natasha Ngoh 1 Mar, 19 at 12:15 am

Hello

I have 65 points now and looking to apply for 189 visa. Im an Audiologist. What are the chances of getting an invite?

Anil Gupta 1 Mar, 19 at 8:42 am

Do you know the exact ANZSCO code for your profile?

• Natasha Ngoh
        Natasha Ngoh 1 Mar, 19 at 8:42 am

ANZSCO 252711

You might get a state invite (190) for 252711 Audiologist job but 189 invite needs 70 points at this time.

Have you selected 190 option while filling your Australia EOI?

• Natasha Ngoh
            Natasha Ngoh 2 Mar, 19 at 1:00 am

I am submitting my EOI next week for 189 and 190. Are my chances high of getting state nomination (Tasmania)?

Anil Gupta 2 Mar, 19 at 7:44 am

I am not aware of current priorities that Tasmania is looking to invite people. So cannot comment.

9. hadil
    hadil 28 Feb, 19 at 1:02 pm

hello anil.
    i am 40 years old next june… i applied last august with a score of 65.
    do you think there is any possibility of me getting the invitation ? if i retake the PTE next week to get a higher score of 79 in each test , is it worth it ?
    thanks man.

What is your ANZSCO code?

• hadil
        hadil 28 Feb, 19 at 5:09 pm

263111 computer network and system engineer

The chances are very low for 263111 computer network and system engineer invite with 65 points. You should try to increase your points to 70 if possible.

• hadil
            hadil 28 Feb, 19 at 7:46 pm

so if i do , do i have enough time to get the invite before june ?

Anil Gupta 1 Mar, 19 at 8:42 am

It depends on when you change your EOI with 70 points. You may not be able to get the invite before June 2019. The chances are low.

10. Sreedhar
    Sreedhar 28 Feb, 19 at 6:16 am

This page is very useful and thanks a lot for providing these information.
    Can you please provide your thought on below ?
    I have below points

ANZCODE – 261311 Analyst Programmer (ACS)

Age : 25
    Education :15
    English :10
    Employment in Aus(Vic) : 10
    Employment outside Aus : 5

Total :65 points
    Currently I am in victoria on 457 exp in dec 2019. I am planning to select 190 during skillselect so that I can get 5 more points
    Is there any scope for invite ?

Sreenath

There is a chance that you might get invite for 261311 Analyst Programmer (ACS) from Victoria with 65 points.

I would still suggest to increase the points to 70 to have better chances of invite though. 5 points of state are only awarded after state invites you and then nominates you for Australia PR.