Australia PR Points Calculator 2019 – Immigration Point Test

Anil Gupta  19 Mar, 19      497  Australia

Australia Permanent Residency Immigration Points Table 2019

EOI PointsCurrent Australia PR Processing time
75-80 pointsInvitation within 0-1 months
70 pointsInvitation within 5-6 months
65 pointsInvitation is currently taking more than year – not guaranteed

It is easier to get Australian PR with 70 points based on latest draw. With Masters degree, good English score and work experience in Australia’s skills list, you can get Australia’s residency within a year.

Minimum points to apply for Australia PR SkillSelect 189 (points based) or 190 (State Sponsored Visa) is 65 in 2018-2019.

Australia SkillSelect Points Calculator 2019

Open Australia Points calculator in new window.

Related: Australia 189 / 190 visa Invitation Documents and Steps

1. Age Max Points – 30

AgePoints
18-24 years25
25-32 years30
33-39 years25
40-44 years15

Apply as early as possible before you age out! Nobody needs old work force.

2. English Language Max Points – 20

S = Speaking, L = Listening, R = Reading, W = Writing
EnglishCompetentProficientSuperior
IELTS678
PTE506579
OETCBA
Toefl iBTL-12, R-13, W-21, S-18L-24, R-24, W-27, S-23L-28, R-29, W-30, S-26
CAE169185200
Points01020

The score has to be in all i.e. Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing separately unless otherwise mentioned as in case of Toefl exam.
PTE is easier to score than IELTS. My notes and tips to score 79+ PTE Academic in a week.

3. Employment Outside Australia Max Points – 15

1-2 years5
3-4 years10
5-7 years15
8-10 years20

5. Education Max Points – 20

QualificationsPoints
A Doctorate degree from an Australian educational institution or a Doctorate from another educational institution that is of a recognized standard (can be outside Australia).20
A Bachelor (or Masters) degree from an Australian educational institution or a Bachelor (or Masters) qualification, from another educational institution that is of a recognized standard (can be outside Australia).15
A diploma or trade qualification completed in Australia10
An award or qualification recognized by the relevant assessing authority for your nominated skilled occupation.10

Education and Employment has to be verified by Assessment company to claim points. How to file ACS Assessment.

6. Studied in Australia Max Points – 5

Australian study requirementPoints
At least one degree, diploma or trade qualification from an Australian educational institution that meets the Australian study requirement5

7. Niche skills Education Max Points – 5

Specialist education qualificationPoints
A Masters degree by research or a Doctorate degree from an Australian educational institution that included at least two academic years in a relevant field.5

8. Spouse Skills Points Max Points – 5

To get Spouse skills 5 points added to your SkillSelect Expression of Interest, all of these conditions should be met for our SPOUSE:

1. Age should be less than 45 years.
  2. English Test Score should be at-least the ‘Competent‘ – basic score.
  3. Job Occupation code should be in the same occupation list as primary applicant list.
    Use the calculator given above to calculate spouse skills points.

9. Other Points Max Points – 15

OtherPoints
Accredited in community language (E.g. NAATI test)5
Study in regional Australia or a low population growth metropolitan area that meets the Australian study requirement5
Professional year in Australia5
State Sponsorship (190 visa)5

Australia PR point calculator-skilled permanent residency Australia PR point calculator-skilled permanent residency

Employer sponsorship for Permanent Residence

Employer sponsorship is optional in Australia and you can directly file for permanent residency unlike US, where you need an employer to file for your green card.

If you have the required points, you will be selected and will get a PR even before you travel to Australia.
Applicants with 65+ points get the invitation to apply pretty fast. Once you have applied, you can expect to get the PR within 5-8 months.

H1B worker in US move to Australia

If you are currently working on H1B in US and fed up with long waiting for green card, Australia is a good option. They give you Permanent residency (Australian Green Card) even before you land there for the first time!

Please note that even if you move to Australia for work, your Green card application in US can stay active.
Remember that Green card in US is filed for future job and your i-140 remains active.
You can return to US in future if your priority date becomes current and the employer is ready to hire you.

Police Clearance Certificate for Australia Permanent Residency

Police verification is required for all adults (18+), who are part of your PR application, from all countries where they have lived in past 10 years.

1. How to get Indian Police certificate from Indian Embassy.
  2. How to get USA FBI Clearance certificate even if you are outside USA.

1 10 11 12 13

1. Apoorv Bhatt   12 Mar, 19 at 10:10 pm

Hi anil,
    i have filed EOI in NSW on 30th jan 2019 under occupation category Chef 351311. 75 points in 489 , 70 points in 190 and 65 points in 189 . what are my chances to get a positive EOI outcome?” kindly advice

• Chances are low for 189 invite with 65 points for chef. You should try to get to 70 points.

You might get 190 invite if the state has demand for your profile.

2. Hello ,

I am a secondary applicant and I do not have my birth certificate.Can we use any other relevant document like bonafide certificate or SSC certificate.

Also the Form80 is required at time of applying visa or it is required if CO asks for it

Regards,
    Reema.

• I think i answered your same question earlier today on some other article. Isn’t it?

The question is exactly same with same language. If not, let me know and i can answer again.

• Hello,

The reason i am asking this question again is I want to know if any alternative like bonafide certificate and all can work.
        I just read few articles where it was specified that if you do not have birth certificate then Indians can use 10th certificate.
        But since you expert in this i wanted confirmation on this as well.
        Thank you in advance.

Regards,
        Supriya

• The link I shared in my earlier answer has the clear cut answer to your confusion. Please go through it.
          My answer remains un-changed.

3. venu sawhney   10 Mar, 19 at 10:30 pm

Hi Anil
    Once the applicant receives the Invite and make the required payments (Primary, Spouse, Children), then in how much time he can expect the PR.
    Thanks in Advance.

• It is currently taking 3.5 months to 9 months to get Australia PR grant once you file your application.

• venu sawhney   11 Mar, 19 at 12:17 am

Thanks for the response.
        I am bit confused about the statement “It is currently taking 3.5 months to 9 months to get Australia PR grant once you file your application.”

Step 1 We submit EOI which means we file our Application with (ACS & PTE Score).
        Step 2: We receive Invite after couple of months based on Points & ACS .
        Step 3: We make payment for Primary, Spouse, Children after Invite .

After Step 3, do we again need to file application or just wait for PR grant which usually takes 3 months as i believe.
        Because I am under impression , as after Step 1 , Step 2 & step 3 it will take a fixed time to grant PR and no matters when you Submit EOI or what is the Point Score.

Could you please clear these doubts.

Thanks in advance.

• Anil Gupta   11 Mar, 19 at 7:54 am

You need to file your PR application and upload all proofs for your EOI claims after step 2.
          In step 1, you have filed only an expression of interest (EOI).

Once you get invited to apply, that’s the time you actually pay PR fees and actually apply for PR.

After step 3, the time to get PR is 3.5 months to 9 months.

• venu sawhney   11 Mar, 19 at 10:48 pm

HI Anil,

Thanks so much for providing the information.

I have couple of questions to ask. Please provide some useful information for these also.

Question 1:
            Could you please confirm if the below proofs for EOI Claim are sufficient.
            1. Valid PTE Score Card for myself and spouse.
            2. Valid ACS certificate for myself and spouse.

OR

Do we again need to upload the below documents as we already got +ve ACS based on the below.
            3. Educational documents(Mark sheets + Degree)
            4. Experience Letter & Offer Letter from previous Organizations, Salary Slips & Form 16.
            5. Age verification through (Birth Certificate or 10th Mark sheet)

Question 2:
            Also suggest what additional documents are needed apart from 1,2,3,4 & 5.So that after Steps 3 ( We make payment for Primary, Spouse, Children after Invite ) we get PR grant asap without any hurdles in minimum time which is 3.5 months as suggested by you.

Question 3:
            If all documents (1,2,3,4 & 5) are fine, do we still need a Case Officer for further processing of filed application.because you mentioned
            (After step 3, the time to get PR is 3.5 months to 9 months). And in what scenarios time taken is more than 3.5 months.

Looking forward to your kind response.

Thanks in advance.

• Your question has been added to forum and answered there because it was out of scope of this article.

You can ask follow up question on forum itself. We answer within 1-24 hours.

• venu sawhney   14 Mar, 19 at 12:11 am

Thanks for the response.

Could you please suggest chances for invite (190) based on below details:

EOI Submit Date: 11-Feb-2019
              190(NSW & VIC)
              Points 70+5(State sponsor points)
              Job Code-263111 – Computer Network and system professionals

Thanks in advance.

• Anil Gupta   14 Mar, 19 at 8:26 am

As suggested earlier, please ask out of article topic questions on our forum.

We reply on forum within 1-24 hours as well.

4. Hi,
    My EOI date is November 2017 and I recently upgraded my points to 75 from 65 as of March 10th 2019. I have applied for 189 under Chemical Engineer category. How long do you think the waiting time for invite would be. Thanks in advance.

5. gaurav kumar   10 Mar, 19 at 10:24 am

I had completed my B.Tech in Information technology (IT) and having 5 years 3 months of experience in Software testing.

Can you please let me know , how much point i will get for my work experience. A guy told me that, Immigration office deduct 2 years of experience, even if my Btech stream and work experience both are same.

Can someone please help my out on my ask

6. Sherin John   10 Mar, 19 at 5:30 am

Hi Anil
    I got 3 year ban for visa to australia due to overstay and I left Australia with BVE visa in 2017. I have completed master degree from australia hold 96 credits and now in the age of 30.Can I apply for PR to Australia now.

7. Asha Cleetus   9 Mar, 19 at 8:21 am

hi Anil,
    i have apllied for 189 (65points) and 190 NSW (65+ hoping to get 5points) under registered nurse medical ANZSCO code 254418 on october 2018, and to victoria 190 on february 2019. i will lose 5 points for age in june 2019, im worried about getting an invitation before june 2019. I dont have any hope for 189. have you any idea about my chances for 190 invite. waiting for your reply.

Many thanks
    Asha

8. Hello Anil,

I am applying for 189 Class PR under ANZSCO Code 224711 MANAGEMENT Consultant.

I have an MBA degree in OIL and Gas and post completion of the degree i worked with govt organisation for 4 years 8 months.

Degree year 2009-2011.
    Work Exp: July 2011 to March -2016 in OIL and Gas sector.

Post that, I started my own business which is a registered winery and currently working there as Director and doing all the management related stuff.

So in short I have work experience of 4 years 8 months related to my degree of MBA and post that i have 3 years of experience as Management / Business consultant in my own company.

My doubt or query is, how VETASSESS will access my total work experience, it will only consider my work exp related to my OIL& GAS MBA degree or it will also consider my business consultant experience as well , which i am doing in my own company.

Or it will not at all consider my work experience, as in last five years I have only 2 years of experience related to my degree.

Please suggest and help as I am completely confused and based on this work experience only I will be able to apply for EOI as if they won’t consider any work exp then i will be at 65 points only, on which chances of getting invitation is almost nil.

Awaiting your response.

Thanks & Regards,
    Harpreet.

9. Hi Anil,

Could you please help me know the current processing time for ANZSCO code 262112 for ICT Security Specialist.
    Points 70. Thanks.

10. Abhishek Cariappa   4 Mar, 19 at 7:50 pm

I got my ACS done on January 2019. If I submit my EOI on April 2020 can I use the same ACS?

Reason for applying in April 2020 is I will have 8 years ACS experience and I can claim 5 extra points.

1 10 11 12 13