Australia PR Points Calculator 2019 – Immigration Point Test

Anil Gupta  19 Mar, 19      497  Australia

Australia Permanent Residency Immigration Points Table 2019

EOI PointsCurrent Australia PR Processing time
75-80 pointsInvitation within 0-1 months
70 pointsInvitation within 5-6 months
65 pointsInvitation is currently taking more than year – not guaranteed

It is easier to get Australian PR with 70 points based on latest draw. With Masters degree, good English score and work experience in Australia’s skills list, you can get Australia’s residency within a year.

Minimum points to apply for Australia PR SkillSelect 189 (points based) or 190 (State Sponsored Visa) is 65 in 2018-2019.

Australia SkillSelect Points Calculator 2019

Open Australia Points calculator in new window.

Related: Australia 189 / 190 visa Invitation Documents and Steps

1. Age Max Points – 30

AgePoints
18-24 years25
25-32 years30
33-39 years25
40-44 years15

Apply as early as possible before you age out! Nobody needs old work force.

2. English Language Max Points – 20

S = Speaking, L = Listening, R = Reading, W = Writing
EnglishCompetentProficientSuperior
IELTS678
PTE506579
OETCBA
Toefl iBTL-12, R-13, W-21, S-18L-24, R-24, W-27, S-23L-28, R-29, W-30, S-26
CAE169185200
Points01020

The score has to be in all i.e. Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing separately unless otherwise mentioned as in case of Toefl exam.
PTE is easier to score than IELTS. My notes and tips to score 79+ PTE Academic in a week.

3. Employment Outside Australia Max Points – 15

1-2 years5
3-4 years10
5-7 years15
8-10 years20

5. Education Max Points – 20

QualificationsPoints
A Doctorate degree from an Australian educational institution or a Doctorate from another educational institution that is of a recognized standard (can be outside Australia).20
A Bachelor (or Masters) degree from an Australian educational institution or a Bachelor (or Masters) qualification, from another educational institution that is of a recognized standard (can be outside Australia).15
A diploma or trade qualification completed in Australia10
An award or qualification recognized by the relevant assessing authority for your nominated skilled occupation.10

Education and Employment has to be verified by Assessment company to claim points. How to file ACS Assessment.

6. Studied in Australia Max Points – 5

Australian study requirementPoints
At least one degree, diploma or trade qualification from an Australian educational institution that meets the Australian study requirement5

7. Niche skills Education Max Points – 5

Specialist education qualificationPoints
A Masters degree by research or a Doctorate degree from an Australian educational institution that included at least two academic years in a relevant field.5

8. Spouse Skills Points Max Points – 5

To get Spouse skills 5 points added to your SkillSelect Expression of Interest, all of these conditions should be met for our SPOUSE:

1. Age should be less than 45 years.
  2. English Test Score should be at-least the ‘Competent‘ – basic score.
  3. Job Occupation code should be in the same occupation list as primary applicant list.
    Use the calculator given above to calculate spouse skills points.

9. Other Points Max Points – 15

OtherPoints
Accredited in community language (E.g. NAATI test)5
Study in regional Australia or a low population growth metropolitan area that meets the Australian study requirement5
Professional year in Australia5
State Sponsorship (190 visa)5

Australia PR point calculator-skilled permanent residency Australia PR point calculator-skilled permanent residency

Employer sponsorship for Permanent Residence

Employer sponsorship is optional in Australia and you can directly file for permanent residency unlike US, where you need an employer to file for your green card.

If you have the required points, you will be selected and will get a PR even before you travel to Australia.
Applicants with 65+ points get the invitation to apply pretty fast. Once you have applied, you can expect to get the PR within 5-8 months.

H1B worker in US move to Australia

If you are currently working on H1B in US and fed up with long waiting for green card, Australia is a good option. They give you Permanent residency (Australian Green Card) even before you land there for the first time!

Please note that even if you move to Australia for work, your Green card application in US can stay active.
Remember that Green card in US is filed for future job and your i-140 remains active.
You can return to US in future if your priority date becomes current and the employer is ready to hire you.

Police Clearance Certificate for Australia Permanent Residency

Police verification is required for all adults (18+), who are part of your PR application, from all countries where they have lived in past 10 years.

1. How to get Indian Police certificate from Indian Embassy.
  2. How to get USA FBI Clearance certificate even if you are outside USA.

1 11 12 13

1. Vimrat Sidhu   19 Mar, 19 at 11:37 am

Hii, I have experience of 4.8 years , what score will i get as per Australian PR calculator

2. Aditya Jain   17 Mar, 19 at 7:09 pm

Hey Mr Anil,
    Thanks a lot for ur efforts .!!

I have banking experience of 6 years in AML.
    10 points
    I got 65 score in PTE.
    10 points
    My age is 32+ Can u please tell me how much points I will get for Age BRACKET, DOB 15-01-87 too much confusion is there… 25 or 30 points..??
    Education BCOM
    15 points
    Which occupation I come under ? SSEOI
    As I couldn’t find anything in the list.
    Please help

• Anil Gupta   17 Mar, 19 at 7:09 pm

Use this Australia PR points calculator to find your exact age points.
      You have to choose your occupation code yourself. I do not know what what AML means.

• Aditya Jain   18 Mar, 19 at 9:23 am

Thanks Anil for your prompt reply..
        AML – Anti Money Laundering (Know Your Customer)

I have one more doubt –
        for work experience how it is calculated
        eg- If I have 6 years experience in Banking and another 3 years in Tyres Sales
        So my work experience will be counted 6 years or 9 years.??

• The work experience that matches your Job ANZSCO code is counted as ‘relevant’ and can be used to claim points on your Australia EOI.

• Aditya Jain   18 Mar, 19 at 11:46 am

Thanks once again.

Can you please help which occupation from the list will be relevant for my experience . I have 6 years Banking experience in Anti Money Laundering as mentioned in previous comment.

3. Suherman Ng   17 Mar, 19 at 4:04 pm

Hi Mr Anil,
    For Employment in Australia points,
    Does it count after graduation..?

If i currently work in accounting firm while studying, will that work experience count?

• Anil Gupta   17 Mar, 19 at 7:03 pm

Employment counts only after finishing your education.

• Suherman Ng   17 Mar, 19 at 8:18 pm

Thanks for the quick response.
        If i’m a web developer working in Australia, would my partner get extra 5 point from my occupation?

• Anil Gupta   17 Mar, 19 at 9:03 pm

You should be able to get work in Australia points if your assessment report is positive.

4. Hello ,

Is there any sample filled form 80 for married women whose name have changed after marriage so that i can get a rough idea on how it needs to be filled.
    I have some questions about Form 80
    1)like question 4 .what u mean by type of name,family name (is it just surname),given name like that of old passport (ie before marrige)

Regards,
    Reema

5. Hello Mr. Anil,

Below is a breakup of the max 75 points that I could theoretically score:
    Age: 38 (25 points)
    English: 20 points
    Education: B.Com (15 points)
    Employment Outside Aus: 15 years IT related work (15 points)

I’m working in the IT Information Security Domain. I found 2 closest possible job profile match in the SOL. One was ANZSCO: 262112 (ICT Security Specialist) under MLTSSL (Assessment Agency = ACS). The other was ANZSCO: 263211 (ICT Quality Assurance Engineer) under STSOL (Assessment Agency = Vetassess). What will be the main differences in the application process for each of them? Does STSOL also provide a PR or is it just for a short period of time? If my employment opportunities will only be limited to one state/region under STSOL is MLTSSL a better option? Which one would you recommend?

Since I did my graduation in B.Com, how many years of experience / how many points will they deduct? I have Information Security related certifications of CISSP, CISA, CISM, ISO27001 Lead Auditor. Will they be given any weightage in the evaluation process? Will there be a separate Skill Assessment that I would need to clear?

Rahul

• Anil Gupta   17 Mar, 19 at 4:53 am

Your question is out of scope of this article. I have added your Bcom with IT work experience question to our forum and answered there.

You can ask follow up question on forum itself. We answer within 1-24 hours.

6. ajay sharma   16 Mar, 19 at 8:39 pm

Hi Mr Anil. I have done Btech(in bio technology) from Kurukshetra university and then did BEd(Bachelor in education from Kurukshetra university) and have more than 5 years experience in primary school teaching and have a total of 70 points in subclass 190. Is primary school teacher in demand right now at 70 points? I can try do ielts again and raise my points to 80 points with 8 bands each.Any info will be appreciated, thanks

7. Rajshekar_232   16 Mar, 19 at 4:28 am

Hi Anil, I have total of 65 points plus 5 points from spouse so total 70. Requesting for state sponsorship will get me 5 points leading to a total of 75.
    Applying for which of these 261311 Analyst Programmer, 261312 Developer Programmer, 261313 Software Engineer will get me quick response from the Australian Government? I have completed my M.Tech in CS with 5.8 years of developer experience. Currently for last 6 months i have been working on AI based technology.
    Also how to get the state sponsorship?

• Anil Gupta   16 Mar, 19 at 5:01 am

The chances of invite in all 2613 codes is same. You can choose 190 PR and then the state names that you want while filing your Australia EOI.

• Rajshekar_232   17 Mar, 19 at 4:33 am

what happens if the state do not sponsor me? i will not get the 5 points? then my application with the remaining 70 points will be considered right? or is it that my EOI will get rejected entirely?
        Also i can apply to both 189 and 190 at once? i see in the ACS assessment sample provided here in your site https://www.am22tech.com/acs-assessment-australia-skills-select/ , the applicant had selected both 189 and 190.

• Anil Gupta   17 Mar, 19 at 7:09 pm

You can select both 189 and 190. If state does not nominate you, you do not get get state 5 points.
          This extra state 5 points are only for 190 PR.

• Rajshekar_232   18 Mar, 19 at 7:07 am

Thanks for the reply. Seems i will not get the 5 points for spouse. So i have 65 points now. how much time it will take to get invite if i applying EOI for both 189 and 190 with 65 points? i might get 5 points for state sponsorship and it will be 70 points. so it might take less than a year?

• Anil Gupta   18 Mar, 19 at 8:08 am

There is no chance of invite for 2613 codes with 65 points at this time within next 1-2 years.

• Rajshekar_232   18 Mar, 19 at 9:35 pm

but if i get state sponsorship my points will be 70 , then in 5-6 months i might get right?

• Anil Gupta   18 Mar, 19 at 9:35 pm

As per my information, state will also not send invite with 65 points. My suggestion is to increase points to 70 to have any realistic chance of invite in either 189 or 190.

8. Hello sir..can u tell me about dependent visa..i applied for this visa on 15 October 2018..5months is over..

9. Hi There,

Does authority consider Bachelors degree completed thru distance education from recognized university in India?

Age – 35 Years
    IT Experience – 14 Years (Oct 2004 – present)
    Education – Bachelors in Computer Applications (Year 2015) thru distance education
    Previous Education – 3 Years full time diploma in electronics engineering (Year 2004) from Government Institute
    IELTS score – 8
    Spouse IELTS score – 7

• Anil Gupta   13 Mar, 19 at 8:40 pm

Distance learning should be recognizable. Check with the assessment agency for your job code.

10. Hello,
    I’m a Nigerian lawyer and I’ve had my degrees assessed by LPAB. Would like to know the next step for Australian PR

1 11 12 13