Current Australia PR Processing Time – 189 visa – 4 month, 190 – 3.5 month

By Anil Gupta - Updated on  14 May, 19

Australia PR processing time
Australia PR processing time

Australia PR Processing Time – 189 Visa

189 PR processing time is 4 to 11 months.

Skilled – Independent Points tested visa is taking 4 months to receive direct PR grant after you have submitted your application.

You can expect a CO (case officer) contact query within 3.5 months if any more documents are required from you. Once you get a CO contact, your application will be on hold until you submit the requested documents. Once documents are uploaded, your application is re-submitted and can take another 4560 days to receive final ‘GRANT’ of 189 Visa.

If there is no CO contact, you can expect direct PR grant at the end of 4.5 months after you lodged your 189 invitation.

Australia 190 PR Processing Time

190 visa processing time is 3.5 to 8 months.

CO (case officer) contact to request more documentary proof can be expected within first 3 months of paying fees for skill based 190 nomination.

People are also getting direct 190 PR grant at the end of 3.5 months if all your documents are correct.

Once you get a CO contact, your application will not move forward and wait for your action. Once you upload the requested documents, your application is back in queue and you can get 190 grant in 45-60 days.

Australia PR Invitation Time

The Australia PR invitation time is based on your ANZSCO job code and the number of points you score.

People with 65 points have very chance of invitation. The realistic chance of invite is for people with 70+ points and it keep changing every month with new draw held on 11th day.

The waiting time to get an invitation could vary from 1 month to up to 12 months at this time for some occupations.

The PR processing time clock starts once your SkillSelect EOI has been invited by DIBP and you have paid PR fees.

Example,

Software Engineer (261313) with 70 points can expect to wait more than 6 months to receive 189 visa invite. Once invited, add another at-least 4 months to get the PR grant.

The total PR processing time will be at-least 10 months.

You cannot apply for Australia Permanent residency (PR) until you receive a formal invitation.

Sample Australia PR Grant Letter

You receive an email once your PR has been granted. The PR Grant letter will be attached in the email.

A separate email is sent for each member of your family from auto-letter-generator@homeaffairs.gov.au

The PR grant email will have the subject as IMMI Grant Notification – BCC2018/[CODES] – [CODES] – GUPTA, ABC

Australia PR grant letter
Australia PR grant letter

Grant letter contains information:

#1 PR conditions for 189 or 190

8515 – Not marry before first entry – This 190 PR grant has a condition that person should NOT marry before he makes the first entry to Australia.

#2 Date of PR grant

The date Australia immigration or DIBP granted your PR.

#3 Date of first entry I.E.D

Date by which you should enter Australia at-least once to activate your Permanent Residency. This date is normally called initial entry date (IED) and can be extended if you have un-avoidable circumstances to enter Australia by this date.

#4 Must not enter after date

This is the date that’s 5 years from First entry date (I.E.D). This means that you should not enter Australia after this date if you have not got a re-entry permit.

#5 Length of Stay

Once your Australia PR is granted and you enter before the IED date, you are allowed to stay indefinitely in Australia.

You can go out of and enter Australia any number of times before the Must not enter after date. If you want to have the facility of entering and exiting Australia after this date, you should apply for re-entry permit or should have applied and got Australia Citizenship.

Source: Australia Immigration

Hi @Scorpion_King
    My views are already given in the article. It has been written after analysis of what people are reporting on various forums and whatsApp groups.

Off course it varies by each case. The timelines that i have given are averages of multiple cases.

Hi @SAT14

I have given the details of when to expect the PR approval here. Please estimate it yourself.

Hi @milan_qa
    I do not have any agency to recommend at this time.

We do help with the Australia PR process for fees if you are interested. Send us an email at
    contact AT am22tech DOT com

Hi @Chowdary_S
    Chances are low at this time to get invite in 75 points for state 190 visa until Aug 2019.

The chance of invitation may improve once we see the trend from new fiscal year July 2019.

1. Arjun Singh
    Arjun Singh 9 Feb, 19 at 10:27 am

Hi Anil Gupta,
    If I want to prove functional English for spouse for the 189 visa and she has got 6.5 in IELTS Academic, dated 3 months back will this suffice or she has to undertake IELTS general . ( I am not claiming Spouse points). Thanking you and Obliged

2. Anupal Sharma
    Anupal Sharma 5 Feb, 19 at 2:36 pm

Hi @SoanT:disqus
    What is the waiting time for Developer Programmer (261312) with 70 Points. I just submitted on 30th Jan, 2019 ?
    Thanks in advance.

Waiting time 6+ months for developer programmer with 70 points.

3. JF
    JF 5 Feb, 19 at 2:36 pm

Hi,

I submit my EOI for visa 190 with 70 points (including the additional 5points). Im Electrical Engineer.

Can somebody advisenthe estimated timeline when will I receive the invitation. Thank you

What’s the ANZSCO code that you have used?

Nobody can help if you don’t provide enough information to understand your situation.

4. Amitabh Ranjan
    Amitabh Ranjan 28 Jan, 19 at 8:52 pm

For the US PCC, do we have to provide both FBI and state police clearance certificate, or just FBI clearance certificate is fine? Also, do we have to get the certificate apostilled before submitting to AU immigration authority?

5. Amitabh Ranjan
    Amitabh Ranjan 28 Jan, 19 at 8:52 pm

I have got 75 points and have filed the EOI yesterday under 261312 (Developer Programmer Job). When do you think I can get the 189 invite. Regards

My estimate says that you will get 189 visa invite in next draw i.e. Feb 11, 2019.

You can get ready with the documents that you would need to submit for your invite and save time:

• Amitabh Ranjan
        Amitabh Ranjan 9 Feb, 19 at 10:43 am

Thanks, Anil. Really appreciate your quick response. I have one more question – do I have to give IT return proof for all the years i have worked? I am employed since June 2003, but do not have IT return proof for the first 3 years. Is it ok if I submit it from the year 2006 until the current financial year (FY2918)?

IT returns are optional and I have seen people only submitting last 3 years ITR or form 16.

6. info zahed
    info zahed 28 Jan, 19 at 8:52 pm

Do you have any idea about IMMI Commencement email? I, for example, received one. What is that about?

I cannot guess what it’s about unless you share the contents of email.

• info zahed
        info zahed 9 Feb, 19 at 10:12 am

I applied for 189,
        “Notification that your application for a Skilled – Independent (Points-Tested) (subclass
        189) visa has been allocated for processing
        This letter confirms that your application is progressing and has been allocated for further
        processing. You will be contacted about any additional information if required.”
        And this is email i got with the subject “IMMI Commencement email”

This is just a confirmation email that you have submitted your application.

7. elly
    elly 28 Jan, 19 at 8:52 pm

My boyfriend and I applied 189 visa, we received the invitation in August 2018 and then we received the first “more information request” letter in Nov 2018, we handed in within three days. Today we received the second”more information request”letter. However, this time, only his name appears on the checklist. But check back the application, both of our name under that. Is that normal??? And how long do you think we have to wait?

The name on checklist would show for the person who’s documents are required. This is normal.

In your case, it will probably take her maximum time like 11 minths due to “more information” asked twice now.
      It usually takes about 60 days after you have submitted the documents requested by case officer.

• elly
        elly 9 Feb, 19 at 10:12 am

Thank you so much for the reply! So it is normal that my name is not on the checklist right? Because the first letter, both of our name appeared but no information request, same thing happened today, but my name is not on the checklist.

What do you mean by “no information request”?

• ely
            ely 10 Feb, 19 at 12:26 pm

I mean like there is no more information request on me, but only more information request on him. same thing happened twice. First time, both of our name appeared on the checklist. But this time, only his name appeared

I do not think there is anything to worry about here. Just respond to information request and you should be good.

Can you share what information was requested in first attempt and now in second request?

8. Raghunath
    Raghunath 14 Jan, 19 at 9:47 am

I received 189 invite yesterday and my agent has asked me to send documents related to further evidence of employment. Any one among the following documents is ok or should I provide all the documents:
    bank statements showing salary deposited, pay slips, ITRs

Thanks in advance,
    Raghunath

Anil Gupta 14 Jan, 19 at 10:04 am

Congratulations for getting the invite.
      This is the complete list of documents that you need to submit your 189 visa:

• Raghunath
        Raghunath 28 Jan, 19 at 8:52 pm

Thanks Anil. If I take FBI identity history summary, should I also take State clearance if I stayed for more than 3 months? I lived in Wisconsin for over a year before moving to California in Nov 2016?

You have to take state clearance from s state where you have lived in last 12 months for more than 3 months time.
          If you have continuously lived in California in last 12 months, then only California state police check is required in addition to FBI check.

• Raghunath
            Raghunath 9 Feb, 19 at 10:12 am

Thanks a ton for your swift response Anil. Could you please let me know the process to get state police check (I am following your guidelines for FBI and its ongoing – so FBI query is cleared)?

Each state has its own process and it is difficult to write an article for all 50 states. You should check your state’s police or DPS(department of public safety website) for process and fees.
              I will try to cover the state police check soon but i only know for Texas at this point of time as I searched it for one another user.

• Raghunath
              Raghunath 10 Feb, 19 at 12:27 pm

Thanks Anil. I will research and if I find the right process for California state I will post here so it is useful for future references.

Sure. I would appreciate if you can share the process.

• Raghunath
              Raghunath 11 Feb, 19 at 1:51 pm

Hi Anil – I received an invitation from NSW yesterday for 190. I have 80points with state nomination. Now that I have two invites for 189 and 190, do you recommend 189 or 190 from the visa approval perspective only. All though I know for restrictions with 190, but from approval point of view – is there a difference at all? As state has nominated giving additional 5 points, will there be better chances of final approval or no difference at all?

Approval chances are same as both applications go to same Australia immigration center. NSW only adds their 5 points to the whole process.

The only difference is that 190 visa’s processing time is a little faster than 189 due to less number of applications.

I suggest to go for 189 as it is unrestricted visa.
              If you decide to go with 190, you will have to pay NSW’s $300 fees too on top of Australia immigration fees.

• Raghunath
              Raghunath 12 Feb, 19 at 3:58 pm

Thank you so much for your prompt response and inputs/suggestion. I will go with 189 then.

• Raghunath
              Raghunath 12 Feb, 19 at 6:47 pm

I found the process to get CA State clearance:

Book an appointment with nearest police station for Live Scan or walk-in to any UPS store, and they will electronically send directly to DOJ CA.

Live Scan form for Visa/Immigration to be submitted at Live Scan center: https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/agweb/pdfs/fingerprints/forms/bcia-8016-visa.pdf

To check the status: best way is to send an email to visa-immigration@doj.ca.gov and the response is great if not immediately.

Hope this information helps.

• Raghunath
              Raghunath 11 Feb, 19 at 1:51 pm

To get CA state clearance, book an appointment with nearest police station for Live Scan, and they will electronically send directly to DOJ CA. This is the form to be taken https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/agweb/pdfs/fingerprints/forms/bcia-8016-visa.pdf

Hope this process helps to get CA state clearance.

• Amitabh Ranjan
              Amitabh Ranjan 11 Feb, 19 at 1:55 pm

Hi Raghunath, Would you know the process of getting the state clearance for someone who is no longer in the US? I lived in California for about 4 years.

For FBI clearance, I have filled the request on-line and made the payment of $ 18 (using paypal). I will courier my finger prints to the given address next week. Once it is received in the US they will give the report in 48 hours.

I scanned the California website, but the process does not seem to be same as the FBI. They are asking to make the payment via a check, but I cannot do it as I am not in California. Do you any other way to get it?

Thanks for sharing. I appreciate it.
              I am collecting the state police check details separately here:

Will add CA with your name there.

• Amitabh Ranjan
      Amitabh Ranjan 28 Jan, 19 at 8:52 pm

Hi Raghunath, how long did it take to get the invite after you had submitted the invite? Thanks.

9. Jiya Verma
    Jiya Verma 14 Jan, 19 at 9:47 am

We have contacted by CO on 27 Nov 2018 and submitted document (PTE reports and birth certificate and 10th & 12th marksheets) on 29 Nov 2018 could you please help me when can we expect to get grant?

Anil Gupta 14 Jan, 19 at 10:04 am

It takes about 2-3 months after you have submitted documents requested by case officer.

10. Sanjay Singh
    Sanjay Singh 3 Dec, 18 at 3:48 pm

Is the processing time min 6 months as mentioned in DHS website. I’m trying to understand if you have heard of any scenarios where direct grant is given in 2-3 months if you have submitted all required docs including police clearance certificate and medicals during payment of visa fees.

Anil Gupta 3 Dec, 18 at 3:52 pm

The minimum time is based on direct grant that people have received. Our back-end service scans various forums and then updates the result here.
      The official Australia immigration website says the minimum time is about 8 months but we found direct grant is being given faster than that.

• Kuber Gaur
        Kuber Gaur 14 Jan, 19 at 9:47 am

Hi Anil

Can you please throw some more light on what you mean by “Direct” grant ? Is there any eligibility criteria for this ?

I applied for grant of 7th December 18, however, the PCC for my spouse was uploaded on 1st of Jan 19.
        The medical results were uploaded on last week.

Anil Gupta 14 Jan, 19 at 10:04 am

If you upload all required documents and the case officer is satisfied, they grant PR without any questions. This is called ‘ direct grant’ .

If there is any missing document or Case office needs more documents from you, they send an email and hold your application. That takes more time.

Ok..so you just uploaded all required documents last week itself. So, wait and see.

11. Anil Gupta

Sorry to say but I do not think there is any chance of invite with 65 points for an invite in computer network and system engineer (263111) profile.
    You should try to increase your points to at-least 70 to have any realistic chance of getting invitation.

12. Anil Gupta

As per my estimation, no chance of invite in 190 either.

13. Anil Gupta

Your question is out of scope of this article.

It has been added to the forum and answered there.

You can ask follow up question on forum itself. We answer within 1-24 hours.

14. Anil Gupta
    Anil Gupta 21 Apr, 19 at 11:53 am

Please ask question separately on new thread. I would not be able to answer if you ask question in the middle of someone else’s question thread.