Current Australia PR Processing Time – 189 visa – 4 month, 190 – 3.5 month

By Anil Gupta - Updated on  14 May, 19

Australia PR processing time
Australia PR processing time

Australia PR Processing Time – 189 Visa

189 PR processing time is 4 to 11 months.

Skilled – Independent Points tested visa is taking 4 months to receive direct PR grant after you have submitted your application.

You can expect a CO (case officer) contact query within 3.5 months if any more documents are required from you. Once you get a CO contact, your application will be on hold until you submit the requested documents. Once documents are uploaded, your application is re-submitted and can take another 4560 days to receive final ‘GRANT’ of 189 Visa.

If there is no CO contact, you can expect direct PR grant at the end of 4.5 months after you lodged your 189 invitation.

Australia 190 PR Processing Time

190 visa processing time is 3.5 to 8 months.

CO (case officer) contact to request more documentary proof can be expected within first 3 months of paying fees for skill based 190 nomination.

People are also getting direct 190 PR grant at the end of 3.5 months if all your documents are correct.

Once you get a CO contact, your application will not move forward and wait for your action. Once you upload the requested documents, your application is back in queue and you can get 190 grant in 45-60 days.

Australia PR Invitation Time

The Australia PR invitation time is based on your ANZSCO job code and the number of points you score.

People with 65 points have very chance of invitation. The realistic chance of invite is for people with 70+ points and it keep changing every month with new draw held on 11th day.

The waiting time to get an invitation could vary from 1 month to up to 12 months at this time for some occupations.

The PR processing time clock starts once your SkillSelect EOI has been invited by DIBP and you have paid PR fees.

Example,

Software Engineer (261313) with 70 points can expect to wait more than 6 months to receive 189 visa invite. Once invited, add another at-least 4 months to get the PR grant.

The total PR processing time will be at-least 10 months.

You cannot apply for Australia Permanent residency (PR) until you receive a formal invitation.

Sample Australia PR Grant Letter

You receive an email once your PR has been granted. The PR Grant letter will be attached in the email.

A separate email is sent for each member of your family from auto-letter-generator@homeaffairs.gov.au

The PR grant email will have the subject as IMMI Grant Notification – BCC2018/[CODES] – [CODES] – GUPTA, ABC

Australia PR grant letter
Australia PR grant letter

Grant letter contains information:

#1 PR conditions for 189 or 190

8515 – Not marry before first entry – This 190 PR grant has a condition that person should NOT marry before he makes the first entry to Australia.

#2 Date of PR grant

The date Australia immigration or DIBP granted your PR.

#3 Date of first entry I.E.D

Date by which you should enter Australia at-least once to activate your Permanent Residency. This date is normally called initial entry date (IED) and can be extended if you have un-avoidable circumstances to enter Australia by this date.

#4 Must not enter after date

This is the date that’s 5 years from First entry date (I.E.D). This means that you should not enter Australia after this date if you have not got a re-entry permit.

#5 Length of Stay

Once your Australia PR is granted and you enter before the IED date, you are allowed to stay indefinitely in Australia.

You can go out of and enter Australia any number of times before the Must not enter after date. If you want to have the facility of entering and exiting Australia after this date, you should apply for re-entry permit or should have applied and got Australia Citizenship.

Source: Australia Immigration

Hi @Scorpion_King
    My views are already given in the article. It has been written after analysis of what people are reporting on various forums and whatsApp groups.

Off course it varies by each case. The timelines that i have given are averages of multiple cases.

Hi @SAT14

I have given the details of when to expect the PR approval here. Please estimate it yourself.

Hi @milan_qa
    I do not have any agency to recommend at this time.

We do help with the Australia PR process for fees if you are interested. Send us an email at
    contact AT am22tech DOT com

Hi @Chowdary_S
    Chances are low at this time to get invite in 75 points for state 190 visa until Aug 2019.

The chance of invitation may improve once we see the trend from new fiscal year July 2019.

1. S2611
    S2611 5 Mar, 19 at 8:12 pm

Hi, I lodged my VISA application for 221111 on 27 Dec 2018. How much longer do I have to wait for the grant? All documents already provided. No CO contact. Thanks

Did you read the information given in above article?

• S2611
        S2611 5 Mar, 19 at 10:32 pm

I did and since I am on 2.5 months and haven’t heard anything I thought of asking.

Anil Gupta 6 Mar, 19 at 8:56 am

There is no guarantee that you will get a response within 2.5 months. I have shared the data based on what other applications are receiving.
          These are best case dates and it is possible that your application may take more time if document verification is going on.

• S2611
            S2611 6 Mar, 19 at 9:16 am

Thanks for your message. What do you mean by documents verification if I don’t even know whether I’ve been assigned a CO yet?

Anil Gupta 6 Mar, 19 at 9:57 am

Yo do not need to know anything. Document verification is done in the background. That’s how Australia immigration system works.

• S2611
              S2611 6 Mar, 19 at 11:59 pm

Oh right. Will keep waiting then. thanks

• S2611
              S2611 7 Mar, 19 at 12:15 am

Just another question? Is it by VISA lodgement date that they prioritise or by occupation in issuing grants? Sorry for the trouble and thanks for always responding

Anil Gupta 7 Mar, 19 at 9:17 am

This information is unknown. Australia immigration has not shared any information on how they prioritize.

• S2611
              S2611 7 Mar, 19 at 7:17 pm

Alright, well some say it’s by lodgement date. That’s why I wanted to check. Thanks

2. Ping Cheng
    Ping Cheng 5 Mar, 19 at 11:28 pm

Hi, I lodged my 189 application on 26 Nov 18, but did not hear any update from the immi website, the status is still received. It is pretty much more than 3 month right now… 🙁 How long should I expect to hear a status update?

Anil Gupta 6 Mar, 19 at 8:56 am

There is no option but to keep waiting. The above timelines are best case scenarios where people are receiving either CO contact or a direct grant if their documents are complete.

3. Amit Nehra
    Amit Nehra 5 Mar, 19 at 12:31 am

hey mate want to ask u a question, i applied for 190 nsw how difficult to get the release letter .. as i want to stay in Melbourne only as i got kids go to school here and my wife do full time job …thanks,

Anil Gupta 5 Mar, 19 at 7:40 am

I am not aware of the release letter requirement.

4. Jigar Doshi
    Jigar Doshi 4 Mar, 19 at 4:59 pm

I am primary applicant for AUS PR under ANZSCO code Developer Programmer. When I filled up my EOI I see
    that my score comes to 70 points under visa category 190. My wife is certified Medical Assistant and she
    is under 45 years of age. I would like to include her as well in my application to further add 5 points.
    The requirement is my wife should have skill assessment done. I checked NSW and Enrolled Nurse is one of
    required skills for the province. But while trying to get skill assessment for Enrolled Nurse in ANMAC, it says
    that Enrolled Nurse doesnot qualify under Full Skill Assessment. How can I proceed with this ?

You should call assessment agency and ask about how you can proceed.

5. Garima Sehrawat
    Garima Sehrawat 4 Mar, 19 at 1:34 pm

Hi,

I have submitted my EOI on 29th November 2018, under 26111 -ICT Business Analyst Code with 75 points under 189 and 80 points with 190 category for NSW, VIC and QLD. When can i expect the invite? It looks like it is taking way more time than expected?

6. Rajesh
    Rajesh 4 Mar, 19 at 11:14 am

Hi Anil, I submitted my application in Nov 2018, CO contacted me in Feb 2019 for Health assessment. They have been submitted and health records show status as “clearance provided – no action required”. How much longer should it take from now assuming there is no other request for additional documents. Would my application go back to the beginning of the queue again and I have to wait another 3 months? Is the 5~7 months, which seems to be the timeline now measured from first application date (Nov) or from last update(Feb)? Appreciate if you can give your thoughts on this. There are other specifics I got to plan personally, so wanted to get a sense of the timeline. Thanks!

Not sure why you waited for CO to ask for Health assessment. You added a delay to your application yourself.

If you had submitted your Health assessment in Nov 2018, you would have got the PR grant by now.

It will now take another 60-90 days for CO to review and approve your PR.

• Rajesh
        Rajesh 4 Mar, 19 at 2:19 pm

Thanks Anil for the response. I didn’t know that earlier. Came across this forum too just recently. I hope it doesn’t take long now.

7. Sathish
    Sathish 3 Mar, 19 at 4:03 am

I lodged application on Oct 30 2018. CO contacted me on Jan 30 ’19 for proof for alternative spelling of name, PCC for alternative spelling of name, form 80 and pte score. Except for PCC for alternative name all docs were arranged, signed affidavit and provided evidence that additional PCC cannot be issued. The responses n docs were uploaded on Feb 12 ’19. I see comments n understand it could take 2-3 months for CO to review my case again. While all these happening, my passport is going to expire in mid of May ’19. Does this going to impact decision on my case? I couldn’t renew my passport as I thought it would impact my ongoing application.

Anil Gupta 3 Mar, 19 at 11:39 am

Expiring passport should not affect your application.
      But, you should get your passport renewed as early as possible.

• Sathish
        Sathish 5 Mar, 19 at 12:35 pm

• Vinita
      Vinita 4 Mar, 19 at 1:54 am

Hi Satish..you must have got PCC on your new/current spelling of your name.Did the CO asked for the PCC on the earlier/old spelling of your name? Pls help as mine is the similar case..my PCC is on my current spelling. Shall I get the another one ready?

Anil Gupta 4 Mar, 19 at 9:03 am

You should get the PCC on all your names and alias. You will most probably get a CO query to get the PCC for other name.

• Vinita
          Vinita 4 Mar, 19 at 9:36 am

I went to PSK today for PCC on my old spelling name. As per the PSK they can only issue PCC on current name or name on the passport. On my old name they cannot give PCC. I got the same written on their letter head. Will that work?

Anil Gupta 4 Mar, 19 at 9:45 am

That should work. All the best.

• Vinita
              Vinita 5 Mar, 19 at 8:50 pm

Thanks Anil…just one more question: CO gets assigned/PR is granted based on the skill set or it’s the common pool for all applications and the waiting period is same ?Since we filed the application on 26th Nov,2018 and didn’t hear from the case officer till now.

All applications are processed on first come first served basis.

• Sathish
        Sathish 5 Mar, 19 at 12:35 pm

Hi Vinita, I went to PSK and got same response. I sent an email to RPO and received that PCC cannot be issued on alternative name other than passport. I put that as an evidence. Further I provided declaration that both spellings belong to same person.

8. Arun S
    Arun S 2 Mar, 19 at 12:17 pm

Currently have 60 (Age 30, English 10, Employment Outside 5, Education 15)
    Plus 5 for state nomination .

1. Can i apply for EOI now itself dated 3rd Mar 2019 (points 60) or wait till May 2019(so that i get a whole 65)
    Please suggest which state would be appropriate for the score i have (NSW or VIC or any other)
    2. Should i be having an offer of employment in Aus ( if i receive an invitation for PR grant)
    3. If invitation is received or not, can i travel to Aus and apply for Bridge Visa which has Working permit on basis of the Application submitted)
    4. As i have heard , curious to know . currently i am bachelor residing in India , assuming for my score with State nomination it would take 5,6 months or more
    for the invitation itself, by that time if i get married, can i apply PR for both the individuals in single Application.
    5. Since have already accessed from ICT Skills, if i change my Job now do i need to get Skills assessed again with my new job and role of the new organisation.

You can file EOI only if you have 65 points.

There is no offer of employment required. This is skill based PR.

You cannot go to Australia unless you have any other Australian visa to go there.

You can add spouse as and when you get married.

If you change job, you will need a new assessment.

• Arun S
        Arun S 2 Mar, 19 at 1:16 pm

Thanks a lot , one last
        This website lists Skilled occupation of 3 parts with Pro Rata Points
        But there is State defined for each Code , what does that denote (ex Solid Plasterer 333212 MLTSSL has Queens Land alone)

State name means that that job code is available for 190 visa in those state’s job list.

• Arun S
      Arun S 4 Mar, 19 at 11:37 pm

Anil ,

It might me silly , but i am confused on the statement which ACS has mentioned . Better to ask you .

“Employment after May 2016 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled and relevant to 261314 (Software Tester) of the ANZSCO Code.”

I am planning to claim 5 points of overseas exp and apply for state nomination , Please let know on May 1st 2019 can i apply EOI or on June 1st 2019 for 3 year exp

9. Rinku Pragnesh Patel
    Rinku Pragnesh Patel 1 Mar, 19 at 11:23 pm

Hi i got 190 Visa but in my Visa Copy name is first name : Patel , And Given name : Rinkuben

but in my Passport is Given name : Rinkuben Sureshchandra (FAther name ) but in visa copy not have father name so is ok or need to change name in visa copy ?
    or what i have to do ?

Anil Gupta 2 Mar, 19 at 12:09 am

I think your are fine. Did you write the same name as your passport in all PR application forms?

10. Alharith
    Alharith 1 Mar, 19 at 11:14 pm

Hi Anil, I have submitted my 190 and 189 EOI in Skillselect on 3/12/2018. My occupation is Civil Engineer (Code:23321) and I have 65 points for visa 189 and 70 points for visa 190. When am I going to be invited? Thanks

Anil Gupta 2 Mar, 19 at 12:09 am

You might get an invite from state in 190 visa with 65 points for 233211 Civil Engineer.
      Chances for 189 invite are low as they are inviting with 70 points at this time.

• Alharith
        Alharith 2 Mar, 19 at 12:19 am

Thank you for the reply. Is there an average waiting time to get invited for people with 65 + 5 points for the 190 visa?

Anil Gupta 2 Mar, 19 at 12:34 am

As i said, there is very low chance of invite with 65 points.
          You should try to increase your points to 70.