Current Australia PR Processing Time – 189 visa – 3 month, 190 – 2.5 month

Anil Gupta  19 Mar, 19      368  Australia

Australia PR processing time – 189 Visa

189 Skilled – Independent Points-tested visa is taking 3 to 11 months to receive PR grant after you have submitted your application.

You will either get a CO (case officer) contact query within 3 months or get a PR grant at the end of 3 months after you lodged your 189 invitation.

Once you get a CO contact, your application will be on hold until you submit the requested documents. Once documents are uploaded, your application is re-submitted at the front of the queue and can take another 3 months to receive final ‘GRANT’ of 189 Visa.

Australia PR processing time – 190 Visa

190 Skilled – State nominated points-tested visa is taking 2.5 to 8 months to receive PR grant after you have submitted your application.

You will either get a CO (case officer) contact query within 2.5 months or get a PR grant at the end of 2.5 months after you lodged your 189 invitation.

Once you get a CO contact, your application will be on hold until you submit the requested documents. Once documents are uploaded, your application is re-submitted at the front of the queue and can take another 2.5 months to receive final ‘GRANT’ of 190 Visa.

Australia PR Invitation Time

The processing time mentioned above is only for applications that have been submitted after receiving the SkillSelect EOIinvitation to apply‘.

Invitation to apply is currently given to people, with a monthly draw (lottery), with the highest points in their job occupation category.

The waiting time to get an invitation could vary from 1 month to up to 12 months at this time for some occupations.
Example, Software Engineer with 70 points can expect to wait more than 6 months to receive 189 visa invite.

You cannot apply for Australia Permanent residency (PR) until you receive a formal invitation.

Australia PR processing time
Australia PR processing time

Source: Australia Immigration

1 4 5 6 7 8 9

1. Ping Cheng   5 Mar, 19 at 11:28 pm

Hi, I lodged my 189 application on 26 Nov 18, but did not hear any update from the immi website, the status is still received. It is pretty much more than 3 month right now… 🙁 How long should I expect to hear a status update?

• Anil Gupta   6 Mar, 19 at 8:56 am

There is no option but to keep waiting. The above timelines are best case scenarios where people are receiving either CO contact or a direct grant if their documents are complete.

2. Amit Nehra   5 Mar, 19 at 12:31 am

hey mate want to ask u a question, i applied for 190 nsw how difficult to get the release letter .. as i want to stay in Melbourne only as i got kids go to school here and my wife do full time job …thanks,

3. Jigar Doshi   4 Mar, 19 at 4:59 pm

I am primary applicant for AUS PR under ANZSCO code Developer Programmer. When I filled up my EOI I see
    that my score comes to 70 points under visa category 190. My wife is certified Medical Assistant and she
    is under 45 years of age. I would like to include her as well in my application to further add 5 points.
    The requirement is my wife should have skill assessment done. I checked NSW and Enrolled Nurse is one of
    required skills for the province. But while trying to get skill assessment for Enrolled Nurse in ANMAC, it says
    that Enrolled Nurse doesnot qualify under Full Skill Assessment. How can I proceed with this ?

• Anil Gupta   4 Mar, 19 at 5:37 pm

You should call assessment agency and ask about how you can proceed.

4. Garima Sehrawat   4 Mar, 19 at 1:34 pm

Hi,

I have submitted my EOI on 29th November 2018, under 26111 -ICT Business Analyst Code with 75 points under 189 and 80 points with 190 category for NSW, VIC and QLD. When can i expect the invite? It looks like it is taking way more time than expected?

5. Hi Anil, I submitted my application in Nov 2018, CO contacted me in Feb 2019 for Health assessment. They have been submitted and health records show status as “clearance provided – no action required”. How much longer should it take from now assuming there is no other request for additional documents. Would my application go back to the beginning of the queue again and I have to wait another 3 months? Is the 5~7 months, which seems to be the timeline now measured from first application date (Nov) or from last update(Feb)? Appreciate if you can give your thoughts on this. There are other specifics I got to plan personally, so wanted to get a sense of the timeline. Thanks!

• Anil Gupta   4 Mar, 19 at 1:25 pm

Not sure why you waited for CO to ask for Health assessment. You added a delay to your application yourself.

If you had submitted your Health assessment in Nov 2018, you would have got the PR grant by now.

It will now take another 60-90 days for CO to review and approve your PR.

• Thanks Anil for the response. I didn’t know that earlier. Came across this forum too just recently. I hope it doesn’t take long now.

6. Hello Anil,
    I lodged application on Oct 30 2018. CO contacted me on Jan 30 ’19 for proof for alternative spelling of name, PCC for alternative spelling of name, form 80 and pte score. Except for PCC for alternative name all docs were arranged, signed affidavit and provided evidence that additional PCC cannot be issued. The responses n docs were uploaded on Feb 12 ’19. I see comments n understand it could take 2-3 months for CO to review my case again. While all these happening, my passport is going to expire in mid of May ’19. Does this going to impact decision on my case? I couldn’t renew my passport as I thought it would impact my ongoing application.

• Anil Gupta   3 Mar, 19 at 11:39 am

Expiring passport should not affect your application.
      But, you should get your passport renewed as early as possible.

• Hi Satish..you must have got PCC on your new/current spelling of your name.Did the CO asked for the PCC on the earlier/old spelling of your name? Pls help as mine is the similar case..my PCC is on my current spelling. Shall I get the another one ready?

• Anil Gupta   4 Mar, 19 at 9:03 am

You should get the PCC on all your names and alias. You will most probably get a CO query to get the PCC for other name.

• I went to PSK today for PCC on my old spelling name. As per the PSK they can only issue PCC on current name or name on the passport. On my old name they cannot give PCC. I got the same written on their letter head. Will that work?

• Anil Gupta   4 Mar, 19 at 9:45 am

That should work. All the best.

• Thanks Anil…just one more question: CO gets assigned/PR is granted based on the skill set or it’s the common pool for all applications and the waiting period is same ?Since we filed the application on 26th Nov,2018 and didn’t hear from the case officer till now.

• Anil Gupta   5 Mar, 19 at 9:00 pm

All applications are processed on first come first served basis.

• Hi Vinita, I went to PSK and got same response. I sent an email to RPO and received that PCC cannot be issued on alternative name other than passport. I put that as an evidence. Further I provided declaration that both spellings belong to same person.

7. Hi Anil,

Currently have 60 (Age 30, English 10, Employment Outside 5, Education 15)
    Plus 5 for state nomination .

1. Can i apply for EOI now itself dated 3rd Mar 2019 (points 60) or wait till May 2019(so that i get a whole 65)
    Please suggest which state would be appropriate for the score i have (NSW or VIC or any other)
    2. Should i be having an offer of employment in Aus ( if i receive an invitation for PR grant)
    3. If invitation is received or not, can i travel to Aus and apply for Bridge Visa which has Working permit on basis of the Application submitted)
    4. As i have heard , curious to know . currently i am bachelor residing in India , assuming for my score with State nomination it would take 5,6 months or more
    for the invitation itself, by that time if i get married, can i apply PR for both the individuals in single Application.
    5. Since have already accessed from ICT Skills, if i change my Job now do i need to get Skills assessed again with my new job and role of the new organisation.

• Anil Gupta   2 Mar, 19 at 12:29 pm

You can file EOI only if you have 65 points.

There is no offer of employment required. This is skill based PR.

You cannot go to Australia unless you have any other Australian visa to go there.

You can add spouse as and when you get married.

If you change job, you will need a new assessment.

• Anil ,

It might me silly , but i am confused on the statement which ACS has mentioned . Better to ask you .

“Employment after May 2016 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled and relevant to 261314 (Software Tester) of the ANZSCO Code.”

I am planning to claim 5 points of overseas exp and apply for state nomination , Please let know on May 1st 2019 can i apply EOI or on June 1st 2019 for 3 year exp

8. Rinku Pragnesh Patel   1 Mar, 19 at 11:23 pm

Hi i got 190 Visa but in my Visa Copy name is first name : Patel , And Given name : Rinkuben

but in my Passport is Given name : Rinkuben Sureshchandra (FAther name ) but in visa copy not have father name so is ok or need to change name in visa copy ?
    or what i have to do ?

• Anil Gupta   2 Mar, 19 at 12:09 am

I think your are fine. Did you write the same name as your passport in all PR application forms?

9. Hi Anil, I have submitted my 190 and 189 EOI in Skillselect on 3/12/2018. My occupation is Civil Engineer (Code:23321) and I have 65 points for visa 189 and 70 points for visa 190. When am I going to be invited? Thanks

• Anil Gupta   2 Mar, 19 at 12:09 am

You might get an invite from state in 190 visa with 65 points for 233211 Civil Engineer.
      Chances for 189 invite are low as they are inviting with 70 points at this time.

• Thank you for the reply. Is there an average waiting time to get invited for people with 65 + 5 points for the 190 visa?

• Anil Gupta   2 Mar, 19 at 12:34 am

As i said, there is very low chance of invite with 65 points.
          You should try to increase your points to 70.

10. I have lodged eoi with 65 points for 189 visa for 263111 on November 2018, when can I expect an invite?

• Anil Gupta   2 Mar, 19 at 12:34 am

The chances are low for 189 invite with 65 points for 263111.
      You may get an invite for 190 but not guaranteed.

1 4 5 6 7 8 9