Current Australia PR Processing Time – 189 visa – 4 month, 190 – 3.5 month

By Anil Gupta - Updated on  14 May, 19

Australia PR processing time
Australia PR processing time

Australia PR Processing Time – 189 Visa

189 PR processing time is 4 to 11 months.

Skilled – Independent Points tested visa is taking 4 months to receive direct PR grant after you have submitted your application.

You can expect a CO (case officer) contact query within 3.5 months if any more documents are required from you. Once you get a CO contact, your application will be on hold until you submit the requested documents. Once documents are uploaded, your application is re-submitted and can take another 4560 days to receive final ‘GRANT’ of 189 Visa.

If there is no CO contact, you can expect direct PR grant at the end of 4.5 months after you lodged your 189 invitation.

Australia 190 PR Processing Time

190 visa processing time is 3.5 to 8 months.

CO (case officer) contact to request more documentary proof can be expected within first 3 months of paying fees for skill based 190 nomination.

People are also getting direct 190 PR grant at the end of 3.5 months if all your documents are correct.

Once you get a CO contact, your application will not move forward and wait for your action. Once you upload the requested documents, your application is back in queue and you can get 190 grant in 45-60 days.

Australia PR Invitation Time

The Australia PR invitation time is based on your ANZSCO job code and the number of points you score.

People with 65 points have very chance of invitation. The realistic chance of invite is for people with 70+ points and it keep changing every month with new draw held on 11th day.

The waiting time to get an invitation could vary from 1 month to up to 12 months at this time for some occupations.

The PR processing time clock starts once your SkillSelect EOI has been invited by DIBP and you have paid PR fees.

Example,

Software Engineer (261313) with 70 points can expect to wait more than 6 months to receive 189 visa invite. Once invited, add another at-least 4 months to get the PR grant.

The total PR processing time will be at-least 10 months.

You cannot apply for Australia Permanent residency (PR) until you receive a formal invitation.

Sample Australia PR Grant Letter

You receive an email once your PR has been granted. The PR Grant letter will be attached in the email.

A separate email is sent for each member of your family from auto-letter-generator@homeaffairs.gov.au

The PR grant email will have the subject as IMMI Grant Notification – BCC2018/[CODES] – [CODES] – GUPTA, ABC

Australia PR grant letter
Australia PR grant letter

Grant letter contains information:

#1 PR conditions for 189 or 190

8515 – Not marry before first entry – This 190 PR grant has a condition that person should NOT marry before he makes the first entry to Australia.

#2 Date of PR grant

The date Australia immigration or DIBP granted your PR.

#3 Date of first entry I.E.D

Date by which you should enter Australia at-least once to activate your Permanent Residency. This date is normally called initial entry date (IED) and can be extended if you have un-avoidable circumstances to enter Australia by this date.

#4 Must not enter after date

This is the date that’s 5 years from First entry date (I.E.D). This means that you should not enter Australia after this date if you have not got a re-entry permit.

#5 Length of Stay

Once your Australia PR is granted and you enter before the IED date, you are allowed to stay indefinitely in Australia.

You can go out of and enter Australia any number of times before the Must not enter after date. If you want to have the facility of entering and exiting Australia after this date, you should apply for re-entry permit or should have applied and got Australia Citizenship.

Source: Australia Immigration

Hi @Scorpion_King
    My views are already given in the article. It has been written after analysis of what people are reporting on various forums and whatsApp groups.

Off course it varies by each case. The timelines that i have given are averages of multiple cases.

Hi @SAT14

I have given the details of when to expect the PR approval here. Please estimate it yourself.

Hi @milan_qa
    I do not have any agency to recommend at this time.

We do help with the Australia PR process for fees if you are interested. Send us an email at
    contact AT am22tech DOT com

Hi @Chowdary_S
    Chances are low at this time to get invite in 75 points for state 190 visa until Aug 2019.

The chance of invitation may improve once we see the trend from new fiscal year July 2019.

1. Ratheesh Kochuparampil
    Ratheesh Kochuparampil 12 Mar, 19 at 12:57 am

Hope you are doing well.
    My EOI has been submitted on 22 October, 2018 for Electrical Engineer 233311 with 70(65+5) points for 190 visa. I applied for NSW and now 5 month finish. Could you tell me when can I expect my invitation based on your knowledge and experience?
    Wait for your kind reply

Anil Gupta 12 Mar, 19 at 10:14 am

Your question is out of scope of this article and hence, we have added it to our forum.
      I have also answered it there.

You can ask follow up questions on forum itself. We answer within 1-24 hours.

• Ratheesh Kochuparampil
        Ratheesh Kochuparampil 12 Mar, 19 at 10:15 pm

Sir;
        i cannot apply because the score only 60 point. my spouse occupation 251312 is only available in state list so i got 5 additional point in 190 .could you tell any possibility?

Anil Gupta 13 Mar, 19 at 9:12 am

As I already said in my earlier response that please ask the question in our forum if it is not related to the above article.
          I can answer on the forum.

2. Arjun
    Arjun 11 Mar, 19 at 9:57 pm

I hope you or someone can help with this:
    I applied for 189 visa in October 2018 but I had done my medicals way early in December 2017 in Sydney. Now, since medicals are valid only for 12 months, my CO contacted me for Health Examination on 21st January 2019. When I went to an eMedical clinic in India, the staff could not proceed with my medical exam and said I need to contact my CO to either re-enable my case on the system or issue me a new HAP ID. I emailed my case officer on 28th January 2019 but have not yet received any reply. Is this normal? How long do I have to wait for CO to reply in this case? I followed up too as it has been almost 2 months since I replied to that request, but have not received any response yet.

Will appreciate any help you can provide in this case.

I have not heard of such case before. Did you check if the new HAP ID were generated and sent to you in CO contact email?

• Arjun
        Arjun 11 Mar, 19 at 10:18 pm

CO issued me the same HAP ID that I used when undergoing medical exam in December 2017. So, it’s not a new HAP ID but the same as before. The letter CO sent me mentions that “You will not be asked to complete this examination again unless a repeat examination is required because your medical circumstances have changed or the examination has since expired.”

I also called another clinic (just to be sure it wasn’t the problem with one clinic only) and they also said they cannot edit my case on the system.

I am not sure if the staff at medical clinics here don’t know the technical process of working with such cases or is it like a genuine problem from the CO end?

I have not heard of this issue before. So, can’t really say about what should be done.

• Arjun
            Arjun 11 Mar, 19 at 11:24 pm

That’s okay. Thanks for the prompt reply.

• Arjun
        Arjun 11 Mar, 19 at 10:25 pm

Another thing to note:
        When I first underwent medical exam in December 2017, I used the “My Health Declarations” to generate the HAP ID myself.
        This time, in January 2019, when CO contacted me for doing medical again, she issued the same HAP ID as before so I think I don’t have to use My Health Declarations anymore?
        Plus, I tried using My Health Declarations to see if I can generate a new HAP ID myself again, but there is a question “Have you already applied for 189 visa or not”. And if you answer “yes” to that question, the system asks you to contact the case officer for that. So I guess, since I now applied for the visa already, I cannot generate a new HAP ID myself and have to wait for my CO?

3. Ranjith Krishnan
    Ranjith Krishnan 11 Mar, 19 at 11:23 am

Hi,

As i understand, in March 11th invitation they have called for people with 75 points of ICT-software engineer who applied on or before February 5th, is that correct? As i have applied on February 22nd, just wondering, if i can expect the invitation by April 11th round.

You can expect invitation in April Draw.

• Ranjith Krishnan
        Ranjith Krishnan 11 Mar, 19 at 1:07 pm

Thanks Anil, also May invitation is also on 11th right.

• Ranjith Krishnan
            Ranjith Krishnan 12 Mar, 19 at 9:18 am

Quick query! my agency said, even though, my application wasn’t selected in March invitation draw due to Date cut off, application could be well picked for 190 anytime this month for NSW or Victoria. Can you please let me know the probability of the same considering the recent examples. My points are mentioned in the initial query.

Also, February data is out on the Australian immigration website, in there, very few applications picked up for 70 points, is that the case for March as well. Can you please let me know, if you have any insights into it?

Ranjith Gopalankutty

Anil Gupta 12 Mar, 19 at 10:15 am

Sounds like you are paying your agency but believe our forum more than your agency!
              Anyway, you can expect invite for 190 anytime with 75 points.

• Ranjith Krishnan
              Ranjith Krishnan 12 Mar, 19 at 10:59 am

Sorry my 190 point is 80, not 75, and secondly, you are doing a great job in helping people with quick responses, this is really helpful, as most of us, would be in a anxiety situation until the l visa is stamped and obtained in hand. Again, your quick response is one reason to coming to you. As i am working in England, sometimes it is difficult to reach to the Agency due to time factors etc. But, if you have a patronized papal account or something, i will be more than happy to contribute for your great service you been doing to everyone, once PR is stamped :-). I have done it in the past as well for e2language.com ( a free you tube video series for scoring high on PTE) by utilizing their videos, and just by practicing for 2 weeks i got 90 in all modules; as a token of thanks, gave $50 AUD.

Thanks for your quick replies.

Thanks a lot for your kind words. We appreciate it.
              We do not have any donate option at this time. But, if you want to donate, we can set up something as and when you are ready to donate.

Let us know and we can connect directly. Thanks for your concern.

• Ranjith Krishnan
              Ranjith Krishnan 13 Mar, 19 at 4:19 am

Do you the know the effective date of applications they considered for March draw?

We can do it anyway, once the application is through. I strongly recommend you to setup something in PayPal, so that people can donate as their wish, which i believe most of them are going to do as soon PR is through.

I envisage myself using this forum quite a lot until the PR is obtained :-). So, please bear with me.

Anil Gupta 13 Mar, 19 at 9:42 am

No problem with questions.
              If you have been around on our website and forums, you must have seen that I answer each and every question every day without expecting anything in return.

Anyways, its a good idea to set up a donate button option. We will look into it.

For March draw, the 2613 code invites went up-to Feb 21, 2019 with 75 points as per the most recent case shared on our forum itself.

• Ranjith Krishnan
              Ranjith Krishnan 14 Mar, 19 at 2:34 pm

I received my EOI for 190 for NSW this morning, hopefully should be getting 189 in next draw. Thanks for your help so far, will keep in touch.

I will be in touch with you in the same thread.

Ranjith Gopalankutty

Congratulations. Enjoy.

• Ranjith Krishnan
              Ranjith Krishnan 16 Mar, 19 at 7:39 am

Thanks Anil.

4. NHK
    NHK 10 Mar, 19 at 3:09 am

Hi,

Last month, I have lodged Application for 189 visa for Production Engineer Occupation ID 2335 with 75 points, What can be expected time frame for Invitation to Apply.

I have also answered it there.

You can ask follow up questions on forum itself. We answer within 1-24 hours.

5. Hashma
    Hashma 9 Mar, 19 at 10:40 pm

Hi, I was invited to apply for a 189 visa on 11 December, 2018. I lodged my application on 16 December 2018 and paid the fees. I also uploaded all the required documents before lodging/submitting my application. However, I have not been contacted or received any update on my application yet. The online status on my immi account still showing received. Could you please let me know when I expect to be contacted?

It is currently taking 3.5 months to get a CO contact or a direct grant in about 5 months.

You will get something ssoon. Don’t worry.

• Hashma
        Hashma 9 Mar, 19 at 11:04 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply Anil. As I am touching the base of three months now I was worried about my application because you mentioned in this article that the time frame starts from 3 months for the 189 visa subclass.

Don’t worry. Not all applications receive the result that fast. But some do.

You will get it sooner or later.

• Vinita
        Vinita 12 Mar, 19 at 3:40 am

Is there a time difference between direct grant or CO contact. Ideally in 3-3.5 months it all docs are ok…there should be direct grant right?

Anil Gupta 12 Mar, 19 at 11:45 am

Generally, there is a direct grant within 3.5 months to 5.5 months if there is no CO contact.

6. Naresh Kumar Vanarasi
    Naresh Kumar Vanarasi 7 Mar, 19 at 9:40 pm

Hi i was contacted by a CO requesting more information, and i uploaded the documents.
    Based on the below thread , i need to click on ‘i submitted all documents’ … i didn’t find any.. i uploaded the documents to the ‘other documents list under my name.
    So where can i find that button.. any help?
    and how long does it take approximately from this point on wards?

• Vinita
      Vinita 8 Mar, 19 at 12:18 am

Hi Naresh..what all documents CO asked for? Please reply..

• Naresh Kumar Vanarasi
        Naresh Kumar Vanarasi 8 Mar, 19 at 12:35 am

asked for Further evidence of employment ( work contract / salary related documents)

Anil Gupta 8 Mar, 19 at 8:22 am

When you go to your immiaccount, after you upload the additional documents, there must be an option to submit your application.

It can take anywhere between 60-90 days after you have submitted the documents.

• Naresh
        Naresh 8 Mar, 19 at 8:31 am

I have submitted my application in December, and last week case officer contacted me asking for one more document, and when I go to immigration account I find the option to upload documents , and I can see the uploaded documents too. It’s just that I can’t find the option of submit… There are no buttons there . Not sure if the website has changed lately .

• sanam shrestha
      sanam shrestha 9 Mar, 19 at 8:41 am

Hi Naresh, even i was asked for additional document, submitted yesterday on 09/03/2019, and there was no submit or confirm button in my page as well

• Naresh Kumar Vanarasi
        Naresh Kumar Vanarasi 9 Mar, 19 at 10:55 am

Yes, I checked thoroughly… Didn’t find any button to resubmit. The newly uploaded documents have “received” status.

• sanam shrestha
          sanam shrestha 9 Mar, 19 at 8:37 pm

Yes, I even called Immi.gov and stated the situation. they said they received my additional document, and even they are not sure why there is no “i confirm” button. they said the auto notification will go to the CO.

I suggest you to call them as well as i am worried with the comment of @spot_anil_gupta:disqus If you do not submit, your application will be not be picked up by case officer for working again.

It can take anywhere between 60-90 days after you have submitted the documents.

• Naresh Kumar Vanarasi
            Naresh Kumar Vanarasi 10 Mar, 19 at 9:38 pm

ok, thank you, i will do that.

• sanam shrestha
              sanam shrestha 11 Mar, 19 at 5:11 pm

Please share what they says to you, as i am bit worried and concerned myself as well 🙁

• Naresh Kumar Vanarasi
              Naresh Kumar Vanarasi 11 Mar, 19 at 11:24 pm

hi, i haven’t contacted yet. i will inform if i contact them. but i guess if they an auto notification goes to them and the documents show “received” status, thats fine. so don’t worry 🙂

• Vinita
            Vinita 16 Mar, 19 at 3:14 am

Hi Sanam..I am facing the same issue..can you please let me know the phone number where I can contact them.i can’t see any button to submit…

• sanam shrestha
              sanam shrestha 17 Mar, 19 at 9:17 am

Hi Vinita,

Telephone: 131 881

Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm

• Vinita
              Vinita 17 Mar, 19 at 11:26 am

Thanks Sanam.Any prefix on this number or direct dial 131881?

• sanam shrestha
              sanam shrestha 17 Mar, 19 at 4:42 pm

Direct dial from Australia.
              Also i was given 28 days to upload the document. I think its same with you as well.

So, even if there is no submit or confirm button, hope they will review the file after 28 days

7. Joy
    Joy 7 Mar, 19 at 6:16 am

Hope you are doing well.

I had received +ACS and applied for the EOI as well. My query is :

– In ACS , one of my employer name matches with my offer letter as XYZ consulting India Pvt ltd. I provide all the docs to ACS and they gave the positive assessment accordingly to my employer offer letter name. But in my other documents (i.e Salary slips, Declearation doc), name was XYZ India LLP ( XYZ is same, suffix changed due to some merger). XYZ is a multinational firm and comes in BiG 4.
    – I filled the same name in EOI as per given name in ACS.

Please let me know , would that create any issue during VISA lodge as i am expecting invitation in next round. Someone told me that i can write only XYZ during visa application or XYZ consulting India Pvt ltd (XYZ). Kindly suggest.

Regards,
    joy

Anil Gupta 7 Mar, 19 at 9:26 am

I have also answered it there.

You can ask follow up questions on forum to get answer within 1-24 hours.

• Joy
        Joy 7 Mar, 19 at 10:31 am

Thanks a lot Anil. Really appreciate your comment. 🙂

8. Wenwen Zhang
    Wenwen Zhang 6 Mar, 19 at 10:04 pm

I have lodged my 189 application on 19th of August 2018, and was contact by a CO on the 6th of November and I submitted the required documents on the 27th of November. I am still waiting for the grant of visa. One thing I need to mention is that I forgot to press the button at the bottom of the documents page, which says I have provided all the documents, until Jan 2nd 2019. Will that be a reason that delays my case? How long do you think I have to wait for? Thank you very much!

Off course your case was delayed due to not pressing the button.

Your application is not re-submitted until you click the button.

It can take about 60-90 days from the day you re-submitted your application to get final result.

• Wenwen Zhang
        Wenwen Zhang 14 Mar, 19 at 8:52 pm

Thank you for your reply. Is there a way to check the status of my application if it has exceeded 7 months (or 3 months after I have resubmitted my application)? Thank you!

Anil Gupta 15 Mar, 19 at 6:21 am

No, there is no way to check application status as far as i know.

• Wenwen Zhang
            Wenwen Zhang 17 Mar, 19 at 1:14 am

Thank you Anil for your prompt reply. Does that mean that I just have to wait for them to contact me? I tried to call immigration, they said it is taking a bit longer but they didn’t give me a time frame saying when it will be finalized. I am wondering if it will take more than 90 days since I updated (and clicked the submission button). If so what can I do other than just keep waiting? It is so frustrating not knowing a result is coming. Is it possible that they just forgot about my case? Thank you.

Anil Gupta 17 Mar, 19 at 3:16 am

You can only wait at this time.

• Wenwen Zhang
        Wenwen Zhang 14 Mar, 19 at 8:52 pm

Since it will be 7 months exactly next Monday since I lodged my application.

9. RICKY
    RICKY 7 Mar, 19 at 1:09 am

what about 489 visa once contact by co how long will take to grant. mine one co contacted 18 feb 2019 and respond 26 feb . when I can expect visa grant .

Anil Gupta 7 Mar, 19 at 9:17 am

You can expect 60-90 days of waiting time after you have submitted the required documents.

10. kumar
    kumar 6 Mar, 19 at 9:40 pm

Hi, I have lodged my EOI for 261313 on 25th Feb 19, 70 points -189 and 70+5 for 190, when can expect to get invite for 189 and 190 ?

You can expect invite in Oct 2019 draw for 261313 with 70 points.