Generate HAP ID for Medical before submitting 189/190 Visa application

Anil Gupta  19 Mar, 19      55  Australia Forms

How to Generate HAP ID for Medical

Yes, you can generate HAP ID for medical before you submit or lodge your 189 or 190 visa application. You can even get health checks done before getting invited.

1. Log in to ImmiAccount or Create a new account
    Start My Health Declarations as it is mandatory in order to generate HAP ID.
  2. Create New Application inside ImmiAccount
    Once you have logged in, click ‘New application’.
    Create new application for HAP ID
    Create new application for HAP ID
  3. Then click the Health -> My Health Declarations option to open a new health declarations wizard.
    Click My Health Declarations
    Click My Health Declarations

Health Declaration Wizard

1. Accept Terms and conditions and click Next.
    Accept HAP ID terms and conditions
    Accept HAP ID terms and conditions
  2. Visa details
    Select the visa that you intend to apply.For visa 190, there is no option here. So, you probably cannot generate HAP ID for 190 visa unless you get an invitation.As a matter of fact, your 189 visa medical check up will work for 190 visa too.
    If you expect or have received 189 invitation, choose 189 or any other visa as applicable.
    Select Visa type HAP ID
    Select Visa type HAP ID
  3. Personal details
    Enter personal details for HAP ID
    Enter personal details for HAP ID
  4. Identity• Details of any expired passports that you previously used to travel to Australia,
    • Details of any visa grant numbers for any previous Australian visas, and
    • Details of any visa label numbers for any previous Australian visas.
    Identity details for HAP ID
    Identity details for HAP ID
  5. Contact details
    Contact details for HAP ID
    Contact details for HAP ID
  6. Family members
    For each accompanying family member, you need to click on the Add button and provide their personal details on the new page that displays and then click the Confirm button.After you click on the Confirm button, the family member will be added to the list on the accompanying family members page of the form. When you have finished, click on the Next button.This is important to generate HAP ID for each family member.
    HAP ID for family members
    HAP ID for family members
  7. Travel details
    For each family member that you added in last step, you need to provide their travel history.
    Travel history for HAP ID
    Travel history for HAP ID

If you select Yes to question about intentions to apply for the permanent stay in Australia within the next 6-12 months, an additional question will display asking whether you wish to have your health assessed for a permanent stay in Australia, that is complete health examinations for a permanent stay level.

HAP ID for 189 /190 visa
    HAP ID for 189 /190 visa

If you applying for 189 or 190 visa, you should select YES.

8. Health declarations
    These are the same questions that appear in the health section of a visa application.If you answer Yes to any of the questions, an additional window will appear asking you to select which
    person the yes answer applies to, and for you to provide additional information.Note: You need to complete your health declaration questions ‘upfront’ (that is, prior to lodging your visa
    application) in order for Australian immigration to determine which health examinations (if any) you are required to complete.
    HAP ID health declarations
    HAP ID health declarations

Note: When you lodge your visa application you will be asked to complete these questions again in case your answers/circumstances have changed since recording them on your My Health Declarations form.

9. Form declarations
    You must agree to each declaration before clicking on the Next button.
    Accept HAP ID health-declarations
    Accept HAP ID health-declarations
  10. Review and Submit
    All the information that you have entered on My Health Declarations form will appear on the review page for you to review.Please check that all the information provided is correct before proceeding as you will be unable to change your answers once the Submit Application button has been pressed.
    HAP ID submit button
    HAP ID submit button

Once you are done with wizard, you need to generate the HAP ID referral letter for Doctor’s appointment.

Generate HAP ID and Referral Letter

Click on the Health assessment link on the left side of the application page (in your immiaccount).

Click Actions -> Organise health examinations link for each applicant separately.
The Organise health examinations link will take you to complete your medical history online and generate a referral letter to complete your immigration health.

Generate HAP ID referral letter
Generate HAP ID referral letter
Generate HAP ID referral letter
Generate HAP ID referral letter

Mistakes in Health Declarations

Be careful while selecting your health declaration answers as a mistake may prompt you to get the checks done again at your cost.
It will also delay the processing of your health examinations and subsequently your visa application.

Should I get medical check done before lodging Visa application?

It is recommended by Australia immigration to get your medical before submitting your visa application to save on processing time.

1 2

1. I have mistakenly seletcted yes to question “Are you travelling to work or study as doctor, nurse or health professional worker”. after i have done my medical examination, my results were refered as they are asking for additional test of Hep B or Hep C. What should i do now, as i am not going to work as dactor.

• Anil Gupta   26 Feb, 19 at 9:35 am

You should contact the immaccount support to see if they can change the values that you selected.

2. Hi Anil,
    Can I do medical only for spouse at an early stage? I just initiated the process for Australia PR, not even the skill assessment done.Have a concern that if my spouse will clear the medical, he is taking tablets for kidney disease.I read some where that creating early medical will affect the entry date, can you please advise if it is ok to go for medical now and if yest how can I create HAP id only for spouse?

• Anil Gupta   25 Feb, 19 at 9:25 am

Medical report is only valid for 12 months. So, if you are just starting the Australia PR process, the chances are high that your reports will expire by the time you get invitation and you will have to do them again.

3. Can I do my health declaration and health assessments before I get the Australian visa invite for the 190 or 189 if I live in South Africa? The EOI’s have been lodged a few days ago but I just realized that due to a complicated medical history I would prefer to know the health assessment outcome before paying all those fees! Last year I was under the impression that overseas applicants may not do their health assessment prior to lodging the visas…has this changed?

• Anil Gupta   24 Feb, 19 at 8:21 pm

Anybody can get the Health assessment done before getting Australia PR invite irrespective of their physical location i.e. in Australia or outside Australia.

• Thank you. Do you happen to know i.t.o. the health requirements for the 190 and 189 PR visas, whether they consider the prospective cost of a condition over the next few years or for the rest of the applicant’s life? Would an orthopaedic condition for which a person is not using any medication or getting any treatment possibly result in a visa being declined even if surgical intervention *might* only be required in the long term eg 20-30 years time?

• Anil Gupta   1 Mar, 19 at 5:52 pm

I am not aware of the exact rules on how they check the health conditions and if they really reject an application based on the person’s medical condition.

Never heard of any denials based on medical condition as such.

4. Anita Anthony- Leahy   21 Feb, 19 at 2:58 am

Does a c- section count as hospitalization and surgery. .. Do I have to declare yes for that question which asks have you been hospitalized for a long period of time and had major surgery?

• Anil Gupta   21 Feb, 19 at 1:21 pm

As per my opinion ‘C-Section’ surgery is considered as ‘Hospitalization and surgery’. You should declare ‘yes’.

• Anita Anthony- Leahy   24 Feb, 19 at 4:54 pm

Thanks mate… What if I didn’t think about it and chose “No”? Should I delete this application and redo it and submit again? I’m worried now. Please advise. .. I’m lost.

5. I have been faced with countless “Your request cannot be processed at this time. Please try again later.” messages in the past week or so when I try to generate a HAP ID for the assessment. Starting to wonder if I will ever finish my application now…

• Anil Gupta   15 Feb, 19 at 9:51 am

I have not heard of any issues about HAP ID generation from other users.
      Can you try using another internet browser like Firefox or Chrome if not already tried them?

6. Thanks Anil.
    While filing 189 visa application, for every applicant there is a question related to health examination in the online form.
    Has this applicant undertaken a health examination for an Australian visa in the last 12 months?

1) should i say yes after following the steps you outlined and enter the HAP ID generated using this steps ?
    2) Should i wait for the test results to uploaded before filing for visa ?

3) Some people suggest to just say no , once fees is submitted you can do the health declaration as it easier and we don’t need to fill in 2 applications.

Please advise.

• Anil Gupta   9 Feb, 19 at 10:02 am

If you have already got the invite, then it is better to do health examination after paying the fees, submit application and then you get option to generate HAP ID. This way, everything remains connected automatically.

If you want to do health check before getting invite, then the only way to do it is as listed above.

• Should I wait for CO to ask.. Or can i finish it and proactively and track the status for my medical.. Could you let me know what is the process to do the medicals before CO asks

• Anil Gupta   9 Feb, 19 at 10:42 am

You simply pay fees and ‘Submit’ your visa application.
          Once you submit, you immediately get an option to generate HAP ID for medicals.
          You will be asked these medical questions before generating HAP ID:

Generate HAP IDs and go for health checks.

If you wait for CO to ask for medical health checks, your application will be delayed at-least by 60 days. Your choice if you want to wait or do it proactively.
          I suggest doing it proactively.

7. Thanks Alot Anil for your prompt response. I’ll pay the fees and then generate HAP ID.

8. Ansuman Gupta   14 Jan, 19 at 9:47 am

Good article buddy !!

9. Arjun Singh   14 Jan, 19 at 9:47 am

Hi, thanks a lot for this detailed explanation, In my case I am expecting an ITA next month but want to do the medical tests as soon as possible, My spouse is not going to accompany me and I have learned that even though she is a non accompanying spouse she still has to take her medical test. So in the section of accompanying family members do i still need to say NO and still update her name or just say yes?, because IF i say no will i still be able to generate a HAP ID for my spouse for her medical tests

• What do you mean by your spouse not accompanying?
      Will she not go to Australia with you? Or you are not applying for her PR?

If she will NOT go with you, then choose ‘No’.

• Arjun Singh   9 Feb, 19 at 10:03 am

We are going through a divorce but since divorce procedures take time , once i receive my ITA i don’t want to be stranded, so if i choose NO can i still get her medicals done, because whether she is accompanying me or not she has to do her medicals as long as we are married, thats whats i have learned

• Anil Gupta   9 Feb, 19 at 10:13 am

Yes, you should be able to generate HAP ID for her even when you answer ‘No’.

• Arjun Singh   9 Feb, 19 at 10:19 am

• Arjun Singh   9 Feb, 19 at 10:43 am

hello Sir, can i still get my medicals done by generating my HAP id under 189 sub class, but in the mean time if i get a 190 invitation can i use the same medical report for 190 as well?

10. Hi,
    I got my invitation few days ago and I am doing my medical test next week, (what next) do I have to wait for my results before I apply for visa or can I just apply for visa and there will be a place to enter my HapID

• HAP id is automatically connected to your immiaccount.
      You just submit the visa after fees. Once medical reports are uploaded, your application will be sent to visa processing queue.

1 2