How to get Delhi University Transcript in Sealed Envelope

Anil Gupta  15 Jan, 19      117  Australia

Documents required for Delhi University Transcript – Sealed

  1. Copy of ALL mark-sheets that you are requesting TRANSCRIPT for.
  2. Your course Syllabus i.e. subjects that you studied.
    You can find it listed on the back of your mark-sheet.
    DU has it online for many of them here at Syllabus.
  3. University Enrollment Number or normally called Roll Number.

Related: How to get IP University Transcript in Sealed Envelope

DU Transcript in sealed envelope can be obtained by

  1. By Post (Postal Mail).
  2. By In-person application submission at DU North or South Campus.

No option to apply Delhi University Transcript online is available.

WES Canada Sending Verification Request to DU directly?

Recently, WES has started sending requests directly to DU for degree and mark sheet verification. This change of process needs extra fees to be paid to DU directly. There is no streamlined process at this time and causing delays.

One of our guest Rohit has shared his experience of getting DU verification done for WES here (in comments).

Basically, you have to pay one DD in Room No 103 for transcript verification and other in Room No 207 for Degree Verification directly to DU once WES has sent the email.

DU will take 20-25 days to respond to WES once you have paid the DD fees.

It is still not clear how to send this fees to DU if you are located outside India. You probably have to send someone from your family or friend to DU campus and pay this fees and attach it to your specific WES request.

Send Transcripts Directly to WES Canada

You can give WES Canada’s mailing address while requesting your DU transcripts as WES has changed the process in Dec 2018.
DU has the option of applying for Transcripts from ‘outside India; where the fees is charged in USD and you have the option of specifying your ‘Outside India’ address.

Just use that option and DU will mail transcripts directly to WES Canada office.

Delhi University Transcript Processing Time

Takes minimum of 10 working days excluding Gazetted holidays, Saturday and Sunday.

DU Transcript Fees

If applying from IndiaIf Applying from outside India
Upto 6 yearsINR 1000USD 100
More than 6 yearsINR 1500USD 150
Per Additional copyINR 100 eachUSD 10 Each (Includes Postal charges)

Source: Fees

Delhi University Transcript Application Form

Source: DU Transcript Form

Process to Apply DU Sealed Transcript

  1. Download and fill the Transcripts form

    You can use an extra paper sheet if your number of paper and titles do not fit within the space provided in Point 6.

    Requestor’s OWN signature are required on application form.

    Get all mark-sheets and degree photocopied. No notary needed. Write Syllabus on a piece of paper with hand or get it typed.

  2. Pay fees on DU website
    You will need to register on this DU website to make a payment online. Once registered, Go to Useful Links (upper right side of the website) > Students > Miscellaneous Online Fee Payment.

    You may need the Delhi University Enrollment Number to make the payment online.

    Enrollment number is different than ‘Roll Number’ and can be found on top of your Delhi University degree. I have shared the sample DU degree and mark sheets at the bottom of this article. Check there to spot the enrollment number.

    After making payment, download and print the payment receipt.

    You can also pay fees in CASH if you are applying in-person at the university payment counter. Get the receipt.

  3. If applying by Postal mail
    1. Get an envelope and add all photocopies, payment receipt. Write DU address on this envelope.
    2. Get second envelope, write your OWN address on top.
    3. Keep second RETURN envelope inside FIRST envelope.
    4. We recommend to use INDIA POST’s SPEEDPOST or registered post and stamps for sending and RETURN envelopes.
  4. If applying in-person
    Keep all documents in single envelope and submit at university counter.

Delhi University Address for Sending Transcript Request


If you passed out from College in South Campus

Section officer,
Examination Branch – III,
South Delhi Campus,
University of Delhi,
Benito Juarez Rd
New Delhi – 110021
Landmark: Behind A.R.S.D. college building, Dhaula Kuan, New Delhi


If you passed out from College in North Campus

Section officer,
Examination Branch – III,
North Delhi Campus,
University of Delhi,
New Delhi – 110007

SAMPLE Delhi University Sealed Transcript

The transcripts are taped and signed by university official to make tamper proof. You should NOT OPEN it yourself.
Wherever you need to submit it, you have to submit it as it is. Most people need it either for applying to universities in USA or immigration to Canada, Australia and other countries.

Delhi University Sealed Envelope Transcript for visa
Delhi University Sealed Envelope Transcript for visa

Sample Delhi University Degree and Mark Sheet