Get Delhi University Transcript in Sealed Envelope

Get Delhi University transcript by post or in-person application in 10 days. Fees Rs1500/$150 > 6 yrs, Rs1k/$100 <= 6 yrs. Mail directly to WES Canada.

Written by Anil Gupta
  By Anil Gupta          Updated  27 Jun, 19


Documents for DU Sealed Transcript – Sealed

  1. Copy of ALL mark-sheets that you are requesting TRANSCRIPT for.
  2. Your course Syllabus i.e. subjects that you studied.ย You can find subjects written on the back side of your mark-sheet.
    DU has posted subjects online for many courses but not all at Syllabus.
  3. University Enrollment Number or normally called Roll Number.
  4. Copy or Degree or provisional degree.

You can get DU Transcript in sealed envelope by post (Postal Mail) or by In-person application submission at DU North or South Campus.

There is no option to apply Delhi University Transcript online. The process for IP University, Delhi Transcript in Sealed Envelope is also similar.

Send DU Transcripts Directly to WES Canada

You can send DU transcripts directly to WES Canada by mailing from DU campus Post office within pin code 110007 (Delhi).

DU Transcript Processing Time

DU transcript process takes minimum of 15 working days excluding Gazetted holidays, Saturday and Sunday. You can expect to have your transcript envelope ready in 20 calendar days.


Check DU Transcript Status

You can call Delhi University office on phone number 001-27001021. There is no option to check status online.



If applying from IndiaIf Applying from outside India
Upto 6 yearsINR 1000USD 100
More than 6 yearsINR 1500USD 150
Per Additional copyINR 100 eachUSD 10 Each (Includes Postal charges)

Source: Fees

Degree Transcript

DU only gives out mark sheet transcript by default. If you want the degree transcript as well for immigration to Canada, you have to apply it at North campus university office window 04.


Transcript Application Form

Open link in new window.

Source: DU Transcript Form

DU Application Process

#1 Download and fill the Transcripts form

You can use an extra paper sheet if your number of paper and titles do not fit within the space provided in Point 6.

Requestor’s OWN signature are required on application form.

Get all mark-sheets and degree photocopied. No notary needed. Write Syllabus on a piece of paper with hand or get it typed.

#2 Pay fees on DU website

You will need to register on this DU website to make a payment online.

Once registered,

  1. Go to Useful Links (upper right side of the website) >
  2. Students >
  3. Miscellaneous Online Fee Payment.

You may need the Delhi University Enrollment Number to make the payment online.

Enrollment number is different than ‘Roll Number’ and can be found on top of your Delhi University degree. I have shared the sample DU degree and mark sheets at the bottom of this article. Check there to spot the enrollment number.

After making payment, download and print the payment receipt.

You can also pay fees in CASH if you are applying in-person at the university payment counter. Get the receipt.

#3A If applying by Postal mail

  1. Get an envelope and add all photocopies, payment receipt. Write DU address on this envelope.
  2. Get second envelope, write your OWN address on top.
  3. Keep second RETURN envelope inside FIRST envelope.
  4. We recommend to use INDIA POST’s SPEEDPOST or registered post and stamps for sending and RETURN envelopes.

#3B If applying in-person

Keep all documents in single envelope and submit at university window no. 9 which is located at the back side of university office building.



If you passed out from College in South Campus

Section officer,
Examination Branch – III,
South Delhi Campus,
University of Delhi,
Benito Juarez Rd
New Delhi โ€“ 110021
Landmark: Behind A.R.S.D. college building, Dhaula Kuan, New Delhi


If you passed out from College in North Campus

Section officer,
Examination Branch – III,
North Delhi Campus,
University of Delhi,
New Delhi โ€“ 110007

Sample DU Sealed Transcript

The transcripts are taped and signed by university official to make tamper proof. You should NOT OPEN it yourself.
Wherever you need to submit it, you have to submit it as it is. Most people need it either for applying to universities in USA or immigration to Canada, Australia and other countries.

Sample DU Degree, Mark Sheet

Open link in new window.

Australia Canada

Comments are closed. Ask question on Forum (we answer in 1-24 hour)

  236 Useful Questions & Answers

  1. Abhinav
    Abhinav 10 Jun, 18 at 1:56 am

    Hi Anil,

    Can DU send my transcripts directly to the concerned institution? WES, in this case. If I send them the RETURN envelope with the address of WES, will they send the transcript to them or they will send only to the applicant? Please help

    • Anil Gupta
      Anil Gupta 10 Jun, 18 at 7:49 am

      Hi Abhinav,
      I am not sure if they verify the name and address of the return envelope.
      I think that they can send it anywhere if the return envelope is correctly pre-paid for.

      • Abhinav
        Abhinav 10 Jun, 18 at 10:39 pm

        Thanks, Anil. One more question – in comments, I saw that RETURN envelope has to be send through FedEx as Speed Post doesn’t allow advance payment. So is it necessary to send the documents to DU through Speed Post or can I use a courier service like FedEx for both sending the documents to DU and RETURN envelope? Please help

        • Anil Gupta
          Anil Gupta 11 Jun, 18 at 6:21 am

          You can use any courier for sending and receiving the documents. There is no compulsion on using Speed post.

          • Abhinav
            Abhinav 11 Jun, 18 at 10:36 am


  2. C Joshi
    C Joshi 2 Jun, 18 at 7:34 am

    Hi Anil,

    I graduated in year 2003- 2006 from DU college, I checked for syllabus online as well as in my college for these years but it is not available.. Can you suggest what can I do in this case, I need to apply for Canada visa for which I need attested marksheet from uni. Please help.

    • Anil Gupta
      Anil Gupta 2 Jun, 18 at 7:49 am

      You can.simply write all subject names on a plain piece of paper yourself and then submit it.

      • C Joshi
        C Joshi 2 Jun, 18 at 8:14 am

        But I don’t remember all the subject names and its only mentioned in second year marksheet.

        • Anil Gupta
          Anil Gupta 2 Jun, 18 at 2:14 pm

          Well, if you do not remember all’s ubjects, then you can write whatever subjects you know.
          I graduated from DU in 1999-2002 and I still have all subjects for all 3 years mentioned on all 3 mark sheets.

          I believe if DU was doing it in 1999, they should be printing it on market sheets issued in 2003 – 06 too.

          • C Joshi
            C Joshi 3 Jun, 18 at 12:25 am

            Agree, but my college only gave me DU marksheet in second year,
            for 1st and 3rd year y marksheet is issued from college ๐Ÿ™

            • Anil Gupta
              Anil Gupta 3 Jun, 18 at 8:04 am

              Was your college affiliated with DU or not?
              If it was indeed a DU college, DU examination department should have your mark sheets.
              You never tried to ask or clarify it?

              • C Joshi
                C Joshi 4 Jun, 18 at 4:13 am

                Hi Anil, well I passed out from Janki Devi college in Sociology Hons. For First Y the marksheet was issued from college, 2nd it was given directly on DU sheet and in third year again it was issued by college. I am really not sure why I didn’t pay any attention on this at that time. I have DU degree. Now when I have to use it that when I am releasing. I am stuck ๐Ÿ™

                • Anil Gupta
                  Anil Gupta 4 Jun, 18 at 6:46 am

                  If your exams were held by DU examinations, then they will have your mark sheet data.
                  You can try requesting the transcripts and see what happens.
                  I do not know if there is any other option available.

                  • C Joshi
                    C Joshi 4 Jun, 18 at 9:17 pm

                    Sure will give it a try.. hope it works. thanks much for your help

  3. RR
    RR 30 May, 18 at 10:45 pm

    Another Question Please help! I had applied for revaluation of a particular subject in B. Com (Part II, year 2003). I had to hand over the original marksheet to the college authorities during the revaluation application process and they handed me over a totally different marksheet stamped “Revaluation” on it. It has the pre- revaluation marks . My marks improved. There is no post revaluation marksheet for Part II with me. However Part III marksheet has the marks for the previous year as well (Consolidated marksheet for Part II and Part III). Now I do not remember whether I missed collecting the marksheet or no new marksheet is issued at all after revaluation. All I have now is Part 1 marksheet, consolidated Part II and Part III marksheet. Will I still get the transcripts from DU?? Another question – If I missed collecting the post revaluation marksheet can i collect it now? What is the process? I live in US and getting a FIR done seems difficult for me. Does anyone have a working contact number from the department which issues transcripts??

    • Anil Gupta
      Anil Gupta 31 May, 18 at 7:27 am

      Hi RR,
      1. I have no experience with re-valuation mark sheets issue.
      2. As per my information, the part I and part 2 + Part 3 consolidated mark sheets should be good enough for your visa and immigration purpose.

  4. L Krishna Kumar
    L Krishna Kumar 30 May, 18 at 3:20 am

    I graduated – BA (Pass) in 1999. We did not have a semester system, 4 subjects (English, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics) for 3 years. I also do not have the syllabus. Subjects/Syllabus are not printed on the back of the marksheet. There are only some rules about passing.

    I am in Bangalore. What should I write to the Section Office about the syllabus when I send the form by post ?

    Also, will they take a new print of the transcript or just affix a seal on the copy I will be sending and return it in a sealed envelope?

    • Anil Gupta
      Anil Gupta 30 May, 18 at 7:27 am

      Whatever subjects you had can be written. Also, i have shared the DU’s official link in above article to find your course’s syllabus if you already do not know about it. Did you check that link fo ryour specific BA course?

      If you do not have any syllabus mentioned there, then you can just write the name of the subjects on plain piece of paper.

      DU prints your mark sheets in their format on new paper and then stamps with official seal.

      • L Krishna Kumar
        L Krishna Kumar 31 May, 18 at 12:44 am

        Thanks for your reply. You are very kind. Before posting here, I had checked the link you had provided for syllabus, but I could not find it there. I graduated in 1999, almost 20 years back, I really wonder if they would have syllabus of that time. Anyway, I have written the subjects year wise on a separate piece of paper like you suggested and have sent it along with a letter, application form, online fees paid receipt, degree and transcript copies and return stamped envelope.

        Do you know if they process cases received by post with the same importance as in-person application? For example, would they make an effort to mail the self addressed, stamped envelope?

        • Anil Gupta
          Anil Gupta 31 May, 18 at 7:29 am

          Mailing back the stamped return envelope is standard process by DU.
          I think the applications are processed on first come first serve basis. There is no extra sweetness attached to the in-person applications as such.
          All DU need is the FEES…which is paid for both type of applications!

  5. RR
    RR 29 May, 18 at 9:38 pm

    Hi…I live in USA. I am planning to send a filled scanned copy of the application form to my Sister who lives in India. She can take a print and send it to the relevant campus of DU to get the transcripts. Can someone tell me if the scanned copy will be accepted by the University? Also can someone please suggest a reliable and reasonable mail service in India to send documents to USA.

    • Anil Gupta
      Anil Gupta 30 May, 18 at 7:24 am

      I think its better you directly post (mail) the application form to DU and give the return envelope post marked to your sister’s Indian address.
      I am not sure if scanned copy will be accepted by DU or not. They may just create issue.

      What you can do is…create a return shipping label from Fedex (India) and then use a standard envelope and paste it on it. Keep this return envelope in your package and send your application form with Indian fees directly to DU.

      Then, later your sister can mail the sealed transcripts to you in USA using Fedex or DHL or UPS from India to US.

      Does that make sense?

      • RR
        RR 30 May, 18 at 10:25 pm

        Very helpful! Thank you

  6. Health Coach
    Health Coach 25 May, 18 at 10:38 am

    Hi . I passed out from Nehru Homoeopathic Medical College, Defence Colony. I am applying by mail as I don’t live n Delhi. Which address do I send to? North or South? My college website doesn’t mention which campus we are under.
    Also, a query about return envelope. How do I know the amount of postage to attach( I am requesting 7 copies of transcript).?And the return envelope will have to be a big one, right? Also it will it be regular post? There is no way to pay for speed post or registered post in advance.

    Thanks in advance

    • Anil Gupta
      Anil Gupta 25 May, 18 at 11:44 am

      1. Defence colony is in South Delhi. So, i would suggest to send it to DU South Campus address (mentioned in above article).
      2. The real DU transcript envelope image has been shown in above article. Its pretty thin and the size is shown too. You can gauge the total size that you may have for 7 copies.
      3. I would suggest to use the private courier for return envelope that has tracking too. Something like Fedex is a good option as they allow printing shipping labels in advance.
      Regular India post is pathetic and you may just loose everything if the mail is NOT delivered!

      • Health Coach
        Health Coach 25 May, 18 at 1:10 pm

        Thanks a lot!

  7. Aman
    Aman 24 May, 18 at 1:14 pm

    Hi…My name is Aman. Can someone please help.

    I passed BA Pass back in 2008. I live in USA now and planning to do Masters. I have a provisional degree certificate, and transcript report showing all the subjects I studied and my passing numbers and 3rd year mark-sheet showing all three years marks. I need to get sealed transcripts for degree evaluation. If I send copies of these and filled transcript form, will that be enough? Please help.

    • Anil Gupta
      Anil Gupta 24 May, 18 at 1:35 pm

      Yes, that should be okay.

  8. Sam Cha
    Sam Cha 14 May, 18 at 8:28 pm

    Hi, I passed out long time back so i do not have the syllabus. But I have all the subject names. Can I print that out on a page and send it?

    • Anil Gupta
      Anil Gupta 14 May, 18 at 8:47 pm

      Did you check if your syllabus is available here on DU website (this link is available above. I just copy pasted it here)

      If not, then, yes, you can write it in plain piece of paper and submit it.

      • Sam Cha
        Sam Cha 15 May, 18 at 2:00 pm

        Thank you so much for your reply. Yes I did check this but this has syllabus of semester system, I passed when there was part I and II and III. I have the paper numbers for part II & III since they changed the format of the marksheet that very year. However no paper number is mentioned on marksheet for part I. Can I just copy down everything that there is on the makrsheet and on its back and submit?

        • Anil Gupta
          Anil Gupta 15 May, 18 at 2:13 pm

          Yes, you can do that.

          • Pande C
            Pande C 31 May, 18 at 2:51 am

            Hello Anil,

            I went to check on online on syllabus which is showing for year 2010-2011 I am 2003-2006 batch pass out, can I take a copy of this or what I need to do. Please suggest

            • Anil Gupta
              Anil Gupta 31 May, 18 at 7:32 am

              If your subjects are exactly the same as 2010-2011 syllabus, you can make a copy by writing all those subjects with your hand on a piece of plain paper and submit with your application.

  9. SS
    SS 13 May, 18 at 8:32 am

    Hi, If I want multiple copies how many return envelops I should send with my application by post?

    • Anil Gupta
      Anil Gupta 13 May, 18 at 9:55 am

      Just keep one return envelope.
      DU will keep all the requested copies in separate envelopes (their own – see sample image above) and then keep all those envelopes in the ‘return envelope’ that you have sent with your application.

      Does that answer your question?

      • SS
        SS 14 May, 18 at 8:11 am


  10. Neha Sangrah
    Neha Sangrah 23 Apr, 18 at 12:41 am

    Is it ok if I get it back at my home address in India and then my parents can courier it to Canada as it is sealed. They can send sealed packet to Canada in a one different envelop?

    • Anil Gupta
      Anil Gupta 23 Apr, 18 at 7:14 am

      Yes, you can do that. Just do not open the sealed envelopes.

Ask on forum - Get Answer in 1-24 hours