Get Delhi University Transcript in Sealed Envelope

Get Delhi University transcript by post or in-person application in 10 days. Fees Rs1500/$150 > 6 yrs, Rs1k/$100 <= 6 yrs. Mail directly to WES Canada.

Written by Anil Gupta
  By Anil Gupta          Updated  27 Jun, 19


Documents for DU Sealed Transcript – Sealed

  1. Copy of ALL mark-sheets that you are requesting TRANSCRIPT for.
  2. Your course Syllabus i.e. subjects that you studied. You can find subjects written on the back side of your mark-sheet.
    DU has posted subjects online for many courses but not all at Syllabus.
  3. University Enrollment Number or normally called Roll Number.
  4. Copy or Degree or provisional degree.

You can get DU Transcript in sealed envelope by post (Postal Mail) or by In-person application submission at DU North or South Campus.

There is no option to apply Delhi University Transcript online. The process for IP University, Delhi Transcript in Sealed Envelope is also similar.

Send DU Transcripts Directly to WES Canada

You can send DU transcripts directly to WES Canada by mailing from DU campus Post office within pin code 110007 (Delhi).

DU Transcript Processing Time

DU transcript process takes minimum of 15 working days excluding Gazetted holidays, Saturday and Sunday. You can expect to have your transcript envelope ready in 20 calendar days.


Check DU Transcript Status

You can call Delhi University office on phone number 001-27001021. There is no option to check status online.



If applying from IndiaIf Applying from outside India
Upto 6 yearsINR 1000USD 100
More than 6 yearsINR 1500USD 150
Per Additional copyINR 100 eachUSD 10 Each (Includes Postal charges)

Source: Fees

Degree Transcript

DU only gives out mark sheet transcript by default. If you want the degree transcript as well for immigration to Canada, you have to apply it at North campus university office window 04.


Transcript Application Form

Open link in new window.

Source: DU Transcript Form

DU Application Process

#1 Download and fill the Transcripts form

You can use an extra paper sheet if your number of paper and titles do not fit within the space provided in Point 6.

Requestor’s OWN signature are required on application form.

Get all mark-sheets and degree photocopied. No notary needed. Write Syllabus on a piece of paper with hand or get it typed.

#2 Pay fees on DU website

You will need to register on this DU website to make a payment online.

Once registered,

  1. Go to Useful Links (upper right side of the website) >
  2. Students >
  3. Miscellaneous Online Fee Payment.

You may need the Delhi University Enrollment Number to make the payment online.

Enrollment number is different than ‘Roll Number’ and can be found on top of your Delhi University degree. I have shared the sample DU degree and mark sheets at the bottom of this article. Check there to spot the enrollment number.

After making payment, download and print the payment receipt.

You can also pay fees in CASH if you are applying in-person at the university payment counter. Get the receipt.

#3A If applying by Postal mail

  1. Get an envelope and add all photocopies, payment receipt. Write DU address on this envelope.
  2. Get second envelope, write your OWN address on top.
  3. Keep second RETURN envelope inside FIRST envelope.
  4. We recommend to use INDIA POST’s SPEEDPOST or registered post and stamps for sending and RETURN envelopes.

#3B If applying in-person

Keep all documents in single envelope and submit at university window no. 9 which is located at the back side of university office building.



If you passed out from College in South Campus

Section officer,
Examination Branch – III,
South Delhi Campus,
University of Delhi,
Benito Juarez Rd
New Delhi – 110021
Landmark: Behind A.R.S.D. college building, Dhaula Kuan, New Delhi


If you passed out from College in North Campus

Section officer,
Examination Branch – III,
North Delhi Campus,
University of Delhi,
New Delhi – 110007

Sample DU Sealed Transcript

The transcripts are taped and signed by university official to make tamper proof. You should NOT OPEN it yourself.
Wherever you need to submit it, you have to submit it as it is. Most people need it either for applying to universities in USA or immigration to Canada, Australia and other countries.

Sample DU Degree, Mark Sheet

Open link in new window.

Australia Canada

Comments are closed. Ask question on Forum (we answer in 1-24 hour)

  236 Useful Questions & Answers

  1. TK19
    TK19 24 Oct, 18 at 12:00 am

    Hi Anil,
    i have a query as you must be knowing that apart from WES there are other institutions as well , where the assessment of the documents can be done.
    i wanted to know about IQAS ( not sure if you have the details), as per IQAS the transcripts are needed in a sealed envelope sent directly from the university. Can you please share if DU ( north and south) has a provision for the transcripts to be sent directly to the agency.

    • Anil Gupta
      Anil Gupta 24 Oct, 18 at 5:24 am

      You can write the IQAS address on the return envelope. Not sure if DU has any such option by themselves.

  2. Diljeet kaur
    Diljeet kaur 21 Oct, 18 at 7:25 am

    also i have one more doubt, if i am sending the documents through bluedart courier, do i need to get the postage stamp on the envelopes with my return address or the university will do the needful?

    • Anil Gupta
      Anil Gupta 21 Oct, 18 at 10:25 am

      You have to send the return envelope (with stamps already pasted on it) and keep it inside the envelope that you are sending to Delhi University.

  3. Diljeet kaur
    Diljeet kaur 20 Oct, 18 at 11:07 pm

    hi could you guide me how i can get an attested copy of the degree? i am following the steps for transcript and will be mailing them all the documents, but it would be great if i can ask them for copy of my degree and send required documents together.

    • Anil Gupta
      Anil Gupta 21 Oct, 18 at 10:26 am

      It depends on who’s attestation you need for your degrees.
      Sealed transcripts are attested by official DU stamp and seal and if that is acceptable for your purpose, you can use them.

  4. Vikas Jain
    Vikas Jain 15 Oct, 18 at 10:29 am

    Hello Anil,
    Need some pointers/details. WES has sent my documents for verification back to University of Delhi. I have no idea what to do next. WES says that no action is required on my part as it is the University that has to reply to them. But I don’t know on which email id or address they have sent the documents to Univ. of Delhi. Any help/pointers will be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Vikas Jain

    • Anil Gupta
      Anil Gupta 15 Oct, 18 at 11:05 am

      Don’t worry. It is a normal process and WES does it everyday. You are not the first one. They know the address that they need to send it for verification.

      • Vikas Jain
        Vikas Jain 15 Oct, 18 at 11:54 am

        Thanks for the quick reply Anil. But won’t University of Delhi require some fees to be paid by me for them to send the documents to WES? I am not sure of the process. How will I come to know if some fees has to be paid to Delhi Univ or not. Thanks.

        • Anil Gupta
          Anil Gupta 15 Oct, 18 at 12:08 pm

          As far as i know, if WES is sending it directly to DU for verification, you do not need to pay anything.
          You only pay when you request sealed transcripts from DU directly.

          • Vikas Jain
            Vikas Jain 15 Oct, 18 at 12:28 pm

            Hmm, thanks Anil. Lets just all goes well as you mentioned. Thanks again.

            • Anil Gupta
              Anil Gupta 15 Oct, 18 at 12:39 pm

              You are welcome.

        • CLOUD9 SALES
          CLOUD9 SALES 16 Oct, 18 at 12:17 am

          There is a correction here, actually I am also facing the same situation. After visiting university and confirming from the concerned officials they have told me to get 100 USD each in the name of Registrar, University of Delhi for Marksheet and Degree verification. Nowadays WES is sending verification for most of the cases which was one or two cases a month earlier.

          • Anil Gupta
            Anil Gupta 16 Oct, 18 at 8:06 am

            So, you mean to say that you do not need to directly get the sealed transcripts first? Has WES changed the process? I am not aware of it if it has been changed.
            Can you share more details?

  5. AW
    AW 12 Oct, 18 at 1:06 am

    Hello Anil, first of all I appreciate you writing up this detailed article. It really helps !!
    My question is that if I need transcript for multiple purposes e.g Immigration for Canada & Australia and for Study in USA then can I request request for 2 additional copies along with one main request ? If yes, then will DU send me 3 separate sealed envelopes ? If DU placed all in one sealed envelope then how can I send this to multiple location ? I understand WES Canada needs sealed envelope whereas Australia ACS does not. Do you think, If I provide them 3 separate return pre-paid envelope along with a instruction note on plain paper then DU can mail these separately ? Thanks again !!

    • Anil Gupta
      Anil Gupta 12 Oct, 18 at 9:50 am

      You only need to send one return envelope.
      DU will themselves keep each transcript copy in it’s own sealed envelope. They will then mail you all sealed envelopes in your ‘return envelope’.
      Does that answer your question?

      • AW
        AW 12 Oct, 18 at 4:13 pm

        Thanks Anil for your quick response. Yes, it does answer my questions. If that is that case then it will solve my concern. I was going through some other blogs as well and came across where moderator has mentioned to provide envelopes for each transcript you order in addition to Return label envelope. But guess DU uses there sealed envelope. I am gonna request one copy for my self too 🙂
        Thanks again for your help in outlining this ..Appreciated !!

        • Anil Gupta
          Anil Gupta 12 Oct, 18 at 5:52 pm

          You are welcome.

          • AW
            AW 23 Oct, 18 at 5:09 pm

            Hi Anil,
            I checked all my mark-sheets and none of them have the Paper details. Possibly during 1992-95 they do not have them printed on the back. Do you know what is the other option to get the Paper Number & details? I have already tried the DU link and it has syllabus from 2011-12 onward. I do not have date sheet either and I also checked other resources but no luck.

            Also just wanted to clarify if providing the Syllabus is also a required document and it is different to the paper names which needs to be written on separate sheet ?.. Thanks again !!

            • Anil Gupta
              Anil Gupta 23 Oct, 18 at 5:52 pm

              Syllabus and paper names is one and same thing.
              You can write whatever papers you remember and submit your request if you can’t find details online.

  6. anushka
    anushka 3 Oct, 18 at 1:19 am

    Hi Anil, great article. Just one silly question, in filed no.6 what do I mention under Paper no. & Title of the paper? Thanks in advance.

    • Anil Gupta
      Anil Gupta 3 Oct, 18 at 7:10 am

      You have to mention you subjects that you studied. They are normally written on the back side of your mark sheet or check the syllabus link that we have given in above article.

  7. srish
    srish 20 Sep, 18 at 12:08 pm

    Hi. i have got the transcript of marks from Du for canadian immigration purpose. i wish to know as to- do i need the transcript of degree too? if yes, then in which format-attested copy, transcript, or verification of degree?


    • Anil Gupta
      Anil Gupta 20 Sep, 18 at 12:27 pm

      You have to check Canadian requirements for your question. If they mention that they need degree (usually for visa and immigration, it is needed).

  8. Soko
    Soko 12 Sep, 18 at 2:13 pm

    Anil Gupta, hello . you know i completed my under graduate degree in DU, Kirori mal college 2007. i am doing my master in USA now. but USA asked me to apply sealed transcript from DU to WES…currently i am in USA> im not able to start my process correctly. can you please help me

    • Anil Gupta
      Anil Gupta 12 Sep, 18 at 2:46 pm

      How can i help you?
      The complete process is mentioned above.

  9. Mohit Kesarwani
    Mohit Kesarwani 3 Sep, 18 at 11:21 am

    Hello. I need to ask one thing I am graduate from B.Sc. Life sciences (2015 batch) and have received statement of marks where all subjects alongwith their marks were given in a single copy. Do I still need to get the trascript from DU or that statement of marks will work.?

    • Anil Gupta
      Anil Gupta 3 Sep, 18 at 1:08 pm

      It depends on your requirement and where you want to use it.
      Sealed transcripts are usually required to apply for immigration or schools in US, Canada and other countries.

      If the place where are you intending to use it is asking for ‘Transcripts’ or ‘sealed transcripts’, then you need to apply for it separately using the above process.

  10. Jaspreet
    Jaspreet 19 Aug, 18 at 9:16 pm

    Hello Anil,
    For my M.Com I did my first year through the school of open learning and have the transcript for that also, can I submit that along with the second year transcript?

    • Anil Gupta
      Anil Gupta 20 Aug, 18 at 4:36 am

      Your question is not clear.
      If you already have transcripts, then what are you trying to get from Delhi University?

Ask on forum - Get Answer in 1-24 hours