Get Delhi University Transcript in Sealed Envelope

By Anil Gupta - Updated on  21 May, 19

Delhi University Sealed Envelope Transcript for visa
Delhi University Sealed Envelope Transcript for visa

Documents for DU Sealed Transcript – Sealed

1. Copy of ALL mark-sheets that you are requesting TRANSCRIPT for.
  2. Your course Syllabus i.e. subjects that you studied. You can find subjects written on the back side of your mark-sheet.
    DU has posted subjects online for many courses but not all at Syllabus.
  3. University Enrollment Number or normally called Roll Number.

Related: How to get IP University Transcript in Sealed Envelope

You can get DU Transcript in sealed envelope by post (Postal Mail) or by In-person application submission at DU North or South Campus.

There is no option to apply Delhi University Transcript online.

Send DU Transcripts Directly to WES Canada

You can send DU transcripts directly to WES Canada by mailing from DU campus Post office within pin code 110007 (Delhi).

DU Transcript Processing Time

DU transcript process takes minimum of 10 working days excluding Gazetted holidays, Saturday and Sunday.

Fees

If applying from IndiaIf Applying from outside India
Upto 6 yearsINR 1000USD 100
More than 6 yearsINR 1500USD 150
Per Additional copyINR 100 eachUSD 10 Each (Includes Postal charges)

Source: Fees

Transcript Application Form

Source: DU Transcript Form

DU Application Process

#1 Download and fill the Transcripts form

You can use an extra paper sheet if your number of paper and titles do not fit within the space provided in Point 6.

Requestor’s OWN signature are required on application form.

Get all mark-sheets and degree photocopied. No notary needed. Write Syllabus on a piece of paper with hand or get it typed.

#2 Pay fees on DU website
You will need to register on this DU website to make a payment online. Once registered, Go to Useful Links (upper right side of the website) > Students > Miscellaneous Online Fee Payment.

You may need the Delhi University Enrollment Number to make the payment online.

Enrollment number is different than ‘Roll Number’ and can be found on top of your Delhi University degree. I have shared the sample DU degree and mark sheets at the bottom of this article. Check there to spot the enrollment number.

After making payment, download and print the payment receipt.

You can also pay fees in CASH if you are applying in-person at the university payment counter. Get the receipt.

#3A If applying by Postal mail

1. Get an envelope and add all photocopies, payment receipt. Write DU address on this envelope.
  2. Get second envelope, write your OWN address on top.
  3. Keep second RETURN envelope inside FIRST envelope.
  4. We recommend to use INDIA POST’s SPEEDPOST or registered post and stamps for sending and RETURN envelopes.

#3B If applying in-person
Keep all documents in single envelope and submit at university counter.

DU SOUTH CAMPUS Address

Section officer,
Examination Branch – III,
North Delhi Campus,
University of Delhi,
New Delhi – 110007

Sample DU Sealed Transcript

The transcripts are taped and signed by university official to make tamper proof. You should NOT OPEN it yourself.
Wherever you need to submit it, you have to submit it as it is. Most people need it either for applying to universities in USA or immigration to Canada, Australia and other countries.

Delhi University Sealed Envelope Transcript for visa
Delhi University Sealed Envelope Transcript for visa

Sample DU Degree, Mark Sheet

1. vinamra
    vinamra 28 Jan, 19 at 8:51 pm

For WES application, there are few gaps still, can you help? Here is the step by step process With questions):
    1. The applicant completes the application form and supporting copies of documents as required by DU to get transcript. WES application form requires a verified degree copy along with transcript. Will it require to fill 2 DU application forms for obtaining these 2 documents (transcripts and verified degree copy)?
    2. Will the payment be done for each separately (USD 150 for transcript and USD 100 for degree (for more than 6 yrs old degree))?
    3. Or one common application form would do for both, will both fee apply in this case.
    4. Once done, we go through gate 1 of DU north campus office and submit them the application, get DDs made and submit that too along, provide an envelope addressed to WES directly. They will give back a sealed envelope. How much time does this take? Does it happens on the same day?
    5. We take the sealed envelope (is it one or two as it has to contain degree + transcript )to DU post office and post from there.
    Am I Missing something? Please help.

1. I think you have to pay separate fees for degree and mark sheet transcript and apply separately.
      2. Yes, the payment should be made separately. Please confirm with the DU office though before getting DDs.
      3. Transcript and Degree processing takes at-least 10 days. They won’t be given back same day.

• SSingh
        SSingh 9 Feb, 19 at 10:13 am

Still confused as to whether we have to apply for degree verification separately, or ask the university to add a normal photocopy to the sealed transcripts envelope, or get the sealed envelope add it along with a normal devree photocopy to a bigger envelope and then send them through university post office?

Sealed means that you have to apply for it and pay fees.
          A simple photo copy is NOT acceptable!

• vinamra
            vinamra 10 Feb, 19 at 12:26 pm

what is the verified document? what;s inside the sealed envelope? Is it copy of transcript / degree with DU stamp (is that called verified copy then?) ?

• TK
      TK 14 Feb, 19 at 4:28 pm

Hi Vinamra,

You have some very valid questions. Even I want to understand, how do we ensure both transcripts and the degree copy is in the same envelope?
      or How do I get the Degree copy in the sealed envelopment separately ( Where is the link or procedure to receive a degree copy in a sealed envelope, just like the envelope). Please advice if anybody has done this.

2. Kuldeep Ahuja
    Kuldeep Ahuja 28 Jan, 19 at 8:51 pm

Hi Anil, I had requested DU transcript and received 2 days back only. Regards to WES changes do i need to apply again with USD fee (Transcript + Degree) or i can simply send my documents with WES application no. through DU PO ? Please suggest . Thanks.

• Ritu Aggarwal
      Ritu Aggarwal 5 Feb, 19 at 2:36 pm

You don’t have to apply again. Take the transcripts there and post. i

The only thing you can do now is to send them to WES from post office inside DU campus.
      WES has clearly said that they may reject the transcripts that are sent by you or any friend, if they can find it.

You can give it a try. If not, then apply again and give the mailing address as WES address if these are rejected by WES.

• vinamra
        vinamra 9 Feb, 19 at 10:11 am

I think both amount to same thing? DU sending from their post office on own (and charging USD 100) OR we collecting sealed envelopes and sending from the PO inside DU (would cost much less) ….. Am I correct?

• vinamra
        vinamra 9 Feb, 19 at 10:11 am

I was lucky to get someone pick my phone as Exam Wing in DU – they clearly said they dont have any provision on sending to WES directly, one can collect sealed verified envelop from DU and send via Post Office inside DU campus (then the sender name would be DU)

Yes, that seems to be the only option at this time.

3. Rohit Sharma
    Rohit Sharma 14 Jan, 19 at 9:49 am

Hello,

Let me share my experience on ECA by WES for Delhi University.

My WES account status was put On HOLD for verification of documents by issuing institute on 11th December. Since then I am trying to get in touch with Delhi University over phone. Sometimes they do not attend calls and many times they would tell concerned person is not available.
    I found a mobile number of person from DU directory and called him, he took my details (WES Ref #, Name) and told they had not received any email from WES. I had contacted this person on 17th December.

After this I continuously dropped messages to WES on twitter as well as Contact Us option on WES website. But every time they responded with generic messages that they cannot disclose the details to which email ID they had sent the information. Therefore, I was not able to pay verification fee which is charged by DU for verification (200 USD in my case for both Degree and Transcript verification).

Today (28.12.2018), I visited Delhi University North Campus Gate No. 1, Counter No. 10 of VC Office at 11 A.M. in the morning. The person on the window gave me a slip to visit Room No. 103 on First Floor. On visiting the room, I provided my WES Ref # to the lady but she was also not able to find email from WES. She insisted me to go to Dean’s Office on Ground floor to confirm if they had received the email. But even person in Dean’s Office was not able to locate the email. I was again redirected to Room No. 103 to confirm for postal mail this time as electronic email they were not able to find.
    In Room No. 103 they couldn’t find even postal mail against my Reference Number. I was caught in No Mans Land situation.
    The lady then told me to got to Degree verification Room (Room # 207) i.e. on Second Floor. I gave my Reference # to the person and finally he was able to find the email and he told me the email was received on 17th December. He was shocked that why other people were not able to find the email because they were marked in it.

He guided me to further verification process. I created 2 DD in favor of The Registrar, University of Delhi worth Rs 7000 each (100 USD) from ICICI branch which is located in the University premises. Luckily I had a account in ICICI bank and was carrying the Cheque book with me. The other option is SBI which is also in premises. But please do not forget to carry cheque book in case you want to make DD and ensure you have an account in any of these banks. Otherwise they wont entertain you and you will have to visit again.

Finally I gave one DD in Room No 103 for transcript verification and other in Room No 207 for Degree Verification. As informed by concerned person they will take 20-25 days to respond to WES because WES is sending documents for verification in huge numbers since last month their workload has increased drastically.

I hope this helps…!!!

Cheers….!!!!

• Istuti
      Istuti 14 Jan, 19 at 10:04 am

How much is the exact fees which is to be paid to the delhi university. Website mentions it 1500 only then why have you paid such huge amount for it.

Anil Gupta 14 Jan, 19 at 10:04 am

The fees Rohit has paid is extra fees for verification of the documents as requested by WES Canada.
        The fees you are talking about is only for procuring transcripts from DU.

• Rohit Peter
      Rohit Peter 14 Jan, 19 at 10:04 am

Hi Rohit … I stand with the same status and your comment really helps. Just one more question, is any action needed from your side at this moment or it’s all DU to send necessary details to WES? Thanks

• Shubham Shresth
      Shubham Shresth 14 Jan, 19 at 10:04 am

Hi Rohit. How does one send the degree copy along with the marks transcript? I am confused on that front. I have a WES reference number before teh guidelines changed so I can send it on my own to WEs. Confirmed with them but I am confused about the degree copy.

• Rohit Sharma
        Rohit Sharma 9 Feb, 19 at 10:03 am

If you did not include Degree certificate with your transcript, you can even fax the copy. This is what I did in my case. Best would be send it alongwith transcript.

• Shubham Shresth
          Shubham Shresth 9 Feb, 19 at 10:13 am

Hi Rohit. Thanks for the reply. So just a photocopy of the degree would suffice? And how exactly do i send it? Another separate envelope as the transcripts would be sealed or something else?

• Rohit Sharma
            Rohit Sharma 9 Feb, 19 at 10:44 am

Hi Shubham,

You can use hellofax web application to fax the document.
            1. Write your Ref # along with WES address on plain A4 sheet (Cover letter).
            2. Scan this A4 sheet along with your Degree certificate.
            3. Create cover letter from hellofax website.

Send this to WES fax number +1 416-972-9004

• Shubham Shresth
              Shubham Shresth 10 Feb, 19 at 12:28 pm

Just one more small question. I know I am being stubborn here. Sorry though. I am a passout of the old batch ( 2009-12) where the yearly courses were there and not semester wise. Should the subjects written on back of my marksheet suffice at the DU counter to act as syllabus ( as it is compulsory I guess) as I am not getting it online ( only available for semester 2012 onwards).

Yes, that should work.

• Shubham Shresth
              Shubham Shresth 10 Feb, 19 at 12:28 pm

Perfect ! So i send the transcripts on the given address on WES website and alongside I send the fax of the degree certificate as above. I think this is it right?

Anil Gupta 14 Jan, 19 at 10:05 am

Thanks a lot for sharing yori experience Rohit. It is certainly going to help lot of people looking for answers.
      I will add it to above article with your name. I appreciate your help.

• Rohit Sharma
        Rohit Sharma 14 Jan, 19 at 10:05 am

Thanks Anil. Even I truly appreciate the help that I got from this link. 🙂

• Shubham Shresth
        Shubham Shresth 9 Feb, 19 at 10:03 am

Hi Anil. I would also ask the same question to you as I asked Rohit above.

I think what Rohit has mentioned is that WES sends an email to DU directly for verification. Once the email is received by DU, you (the applicant) needs to pay the verification fees.
          There is no need to send any mark sheet copy as such, if I am not wrong.

• Kamal
            Kamal 9 Feb, 19 at 10:43 am

Hello Anil and Friends

I need to send the Statement of Marks to WES.

They say that the Statement of Marks should be sent by Uni directly. What does this mean ? I do not think the Uni will ever send that directly to WES.

Q. Case 1 = Should the Statement of marks be sent by Uni, directly to WES? If Yes, then how do we tell them address and is there a way to track if they have sent or not?
            Or
            Case 2 = As usual the uni gives me the Statement of marks in the sealed and stamped envelop, and I send it to WES in an encasing envelop?

If Case 1 applies : Then logically there should be no need for another round of verification of the Statement of Marks initiated by WES with Uni.

If Case 2 applies : Then WES after receiving the copy, send verification request to uni, we pay again to uni to verify the WES enquiry…. and so on.

Please reply.

Kamal

• Kamal
              Kamal 10 Feb, 19 at 12:27 pm

Just to Add.

Seriously friends. This is really pathetic at the hand of WES. We should rather just be sending a simple Photocopy of our credentials to WES. Since WES is anyways talking to Uni directly for verification of creds, then why does it give us wild-goose chase to obtain the transcript. We should just pay creds verification fee to Uni and then Uni verifies it and WES can keep that communication for their records.

Here is the comment in my WES application:

************ STARTS
              2. Statement of Marks (University Issued and Attested), Bachelor of Commerce, 2003

Not Accepted | Details
              Reason: WES received your mark sheets, but they were not sent directly from your academic institution as required by WES.

Instructions: Please ask your academic institution to send your mark sheets directly to WES in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate official.
              ************ ENDS

They are sounding two faced.

First they tell us to tell Uni to send the Creds directly to them in Uni sealed and stamped envelop.
              Then they ask Uni again that; Are these Creds authentic? DUH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish they were listening.

Kamal

Yes, I understand the frustration created by WES.
              They have un-necessarily added this requirement.
              As confirmed by many people, DU has clearly notified that they have no process to send transcripts directly to WES.

• Shubham Shresth
            Shubham Shresth 9 Feb, 19 at 10:44 am

HI Anil. Thanks for the quick reply. Thing is I got my reference number before Dec 1, 2018. So i have/can send the documents to WEs on my own. I am confused about the sending of degree copy. Transcript is only for the mark if I am not wrong. How to send the degree document is where I am confused.

• Vida Bawlte
      Vida Bawlte 28 Jan, 19 at 8:51 pm

Hi, Rohit! Thank you for the comment. Its very helpful.
      I received the same email from WES regarding my transcripts being put on hold because it is NOT DIRECTLY from the University, although it very much is.
      Will DU accept Credit/Debit card (from HDFC) or Cash in lieu of the 2 DD you mentioned? I don’t have an account in either ICICI Bank or SBI bank so that’s gonna be an issue for me.
      Thank you!

SBI and ICICI can accept cash.

• Pankaj Mohan Sharma
      Pankaj Mohan Sharma 5 Feb, 19 at 2:36 pm

Thanks Rohit. Can you please share the contact number of that person in DU? Actually, I am right now based in Bangalore and will travel specially for this purpose so dont want to waste time. Hope you understand. If possible, please let me know if we can connect on phone. My number is 9901700356. I’d sincerely appreciate your help and guidance on this.

4. Alisha Mitruka
    Alisha Mitruka 14 Jan, 19 at 9:47 am

While sending documents to WES, a sealed envelope of transcript from delhi university sent by me- will do or there are any changes in rules??
    Alisha

Anil Gupta 14 Jan, 19 at 10:05 am

Several people have reported that WES has changed the process. WES now needs Delhi University to send the sealed envelopes directly to WES.
      I don’t think DU has that facility yet.

5. Mars
    Mars 14 Jan, 19 at 9:47 am

There is a change is procedure for sending the transcripts. Now the university needs to send them directly to the WES.
    Is this information passed on to the universities? Because DU people are saying that they have not been updated about this info yet.

Anil Gupta 14 Jan, 19 at 10:04 am

DU is processing the transcripts information directly as they receive email from WES. We have updated it in above article.
      You can also read Rohit’s first hand experience with DU verification too in comments below.

6. Istuti
    Istuti 14 Jan, 19 at 9:47 am

I have done BSc and MSc both from Delhi university , do I need to send both the degrees and mark sheets for both of them for the transcripts.

Anil Gupta 14 Jan, 19 at 10:04 am

It depends on your requirement on what degree transcript is required. I cannot guess if you need to send both or only 1 of them for your purpose.

7. Rohit Sharma
    Rohit Sharma 14 Dec, 18 at 11:48 am

I had sent my DU transcripts for verification to WES. Now, they have put my status On Hold mentioning that document have been sent for verification to issuing institute. I am not sure what to do next. In the email from WES they had mentioned that DU requires fee for verification of documents which has to be paid to University directly. And I am not sure how much is the fees and what is the procedure.
    However, I had also heard I need not pay anything for verification process as it is communication between University and WES.

Can you please help me with the verification process of DU and how could I expedite the process?

Appreciate your help..!!!

Regards,
    Rohit

Anil Gupta 14 Dec, 18 at 11:50 am

I am not aware of this process. Did you check with WES on how to pay DU in this case?
      They have recently started this verification process and hence they may have listed the process somewhere.

• Rohit Sharma
        Rohit Sharma 14 Dec, 18 at 12:01 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply…!!! In the comments below I found one person (Vikas Jain) facing same issue around 2 months ago.
        Do you have any information regarding this?

Anil Gupta 14 Dec, 18 at 12:22 pm

Ya..i know he faced the same issue and He has not shared about what he did yet.
          Hi @disqus_B9jVlQI5s7:disqus .
          Would you be able to share your experience on how you managed the DU verification with WES? We appreciate it.

8. sap sharma
    sap sharma 12 Nov, 18 at 3:37 am

hi i need your help.. i am studying for cpa and had sent my documents for evaluation to NIES. when they opened the sealed envelope what they received was the transcript my delhi university marksheet but not the degree. how do i get the copy of degree or the transcript of degree from delhi university.

Anil Gupta 12 Nov, 18 at 7:26 am

I am not sure if DU gives the ”transcript of degree’.
      Check with your college if you can submit the copy of the degree that you already have with you.

9. Gayatri
    Gayatri 5 Nov, 18 at 8:58 pm

Is a transcript only a summary of the marksheet or does it also include the degree?

Anil Gupta 6 Nov, 18 at 8:54 am

I think it only includes the mark sheet.

10. Rohit Sharma
    Rohit Sharma 24 Oct, 18 at 2:25 am

I had applied for transcript via Postal Mail in DU. It has been 2 weeks since I have posted all the documents via Speed Post.
    By when should I expect the transcripts delivered to my home address?
    And is there any contact number of DU where I could get the status of my application. I am just worried if I made any mistake in above mentioned documents will they contact me back?

Thank you in advance.

Appreciate your help…!!!

Anil Gupta 24 Oct, 18 at 5:27 am

Have you applied from India? And what’s your delivery address? Is it also in India?
      DU takes at least 10 working days to process and then add mailing time.
      In this festival season, it is possible that they have to taken long holidays for Dussehra.

You should get it in another 10 days (my estimation).
      As far as I know, there is no helpline from DU and neither do they contact.

• Rohit Sharma
        Rohit Sharma 27 Oct, 18 at 5:13 am

Yes, I had applied from Gurgaon India. The delivery address is also of Gurgaon.

Going by your estimation, I should receive it by coming week. Right?

Thanks for your help…!!!

• Rohit Sharma
        Rohit Sharma 4 Nov, 18 at 7:49 am

I came across an article on Quora which says:
        “Pay for your transcripts. Remember: The payment is only valid for the day you pay and at max the next working day.”

As I have sent the documents through speed post, I am doubtful this point stands. Because we are not sure when DU get those documents.

Can you please suggest what should I do next, I am still waiting for the transcripts. It has been almost 25 days since I had sent the documents.

Regards,
        Rohit

Anil Gupta 4 Nov, 18 at 12:10 pm

You can try calling DU and see if they can help.
          I am not sure though that they do.