USCIS RFE Response Review Processing Time 2019
The average RFE response processing time is 93 days in 2018.
RFE premium processing time is 15 Days to virtually no time limit for regular applications.
USCIS Request for Evidence review – RFE processing times vary widely with each case individually. H1B RFE and L1 visa RFE are most common but, can be made in any visa application type.
USCIS’s official guideline says that they will respond to RFE within 60 days after your RFE response submission.
60-day clock starts on the day USCIS receives your RFE response.
How long USCIS takes to respond to RFE varies widely on case-to-case basis along with USCIS workload. USCIS can even deny an application without RFE now.
Once USCIS receives your RFE response, the status that they show online is ‘RFE Response Review‘ or ‘Request for Evidence Response Review‘.
This is just an average these days, your case may hang around with USCIS for more than 90 days too. You can expedite the response by upgrading your application to Premium Processing.
USCIS RFE Response time with Premium processing
The premium processing timeline is NOT followed if USCIS has suspended premium processing!
- If you filed your visa petition using premium processing, your case will be worked on by USCIS within 15 calendar days.
- This 15 calendar days limit also applies to RFE responses as well. The USCIS clock starts as and when they receive your RFE response.
- If you initially filed your application using standard method (no premium), you can upgrade it to premium at any time during your application is in pending any final result.
Once the upgrade to the premium application is received by USCIS, your case will be responded within 15 calendar days.
Fastest and Slowest RFE review response?
- Fastest RFE response is undoubtedly achieved using Premium processing. – 15 days.
- Average is about 93 days.
- Slowest has no limits. We know of people who have waited for even a year for RFE review response.
USCIS RFE again on RFE Response time
- It is possible to get RFE again on RFE response that you submitted. Whenever you receive a new RFE, you get 60 days to respond back.
- The USCIS resets its OWN clock to start counting 60 days (15 days in case of Premium processing) as and when you submit RFE response.
USCIS: We stopped the 15-day premium processing clock for your case
This is the case status shown on your case if USCIS has issued an RFE request. The clock is re-started when you submit your RFE response.
USCIS RFE response review – Exceptions to 15 Days premium rule
If your case has been sent for ‘Security Check‘, you are out-of-luck seriously. There are no TIME LIMITS followed in this case even if your application has ‘premium‘ processing paid for.